[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

10 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

Mianhaeyo...My eagle eyes found this so called mistake that the Director nim and the team has done in this scene..

This scene is right after Ryan & DM suddenly stopped kissing each other because Ryan had mistakenly pushed the woods while he kissed DM and then they laughed..And how come that woods behind DM still there? Hello???

and this.. suddenly those woods no longer there...LOL

If you guys replay again the scene.. it's so obvious that they actually did 2 different take for this scene...i wonder why they didn't noticed about this? of perhaps they thought viewers will not noticed about it? it's not a big deal but as a viewers, I'm a bit busy body to know why such mistake happened... B) 

I'm a very detailed person so maybe it's easy for me to noticed on something like this happen in a drama..Well, they should have hire me to become the Asst Director or the editor for this drama..:lol:

Nice catch! :lol: I guess things like this just slip through every now and then...I mean Game of Thrones, with its million-dollar budget and I'd imagine way more crew working on set who should have caught it, failed to remove a Starbucks cup right in front of Daenerys. :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 5

4 minutes ago, bliss1004 said:

Mianhaeyo...My eagle eyes found this so called mistake that the Director nim and the team has done in this scene..

This scene is right after Ryan & DM suddenly stopped kissing each other because Ryan had mistakenly pushed the woods while he kissed DM and then they laughed..And how come that woods behind DM still there? Hello???

and this.. suddenly those woods no longer there...LOL

If you guys replay again the scene.. it's so obvious that they actually did 2 different take for this scene...i wonder why they didn't noticed about this? of perhaps they thought nobody will noticed about it? it's not a big deal but as a viewers, I'm a bit busy body to know why such mistake happened... B)

The 'sloppy' editing was quite apparent in other scenes too - the wall scene, the scarf scene, the blind fold scene. I was initially a little bothered by it.   But later, I  attribute the 'mistakes' to too the many good takes they took. The editors can't decide which one to use. They definitely did more than 2 takes. 

In this scene, I guess, the one with the woods is a rehearse shot. Not supposed to be in the final cut but was used instead because it's too good.  

• Like 12

1 hour ago, 50okie said:

@butterflyeffect, oops , I forgot about EG telling CDI about the fake relationship.   To me it's just a simple blurting out with no ill intention. There is no risk whatsoever in exposing Sinagil identity, even though CDI knows its fake. Him rushing to the workshop is the same as RG rushing to DM's house at 7am.  Why is one annoying, the other cute?  

Idk, to me it seemed like he wanted to show off "I know her the most", and if he really had DM's best interests at heart he wouldn't have blurted it out like that (regardless of the lack of risk of exposing Sinagil identity). I found Ryan rushing to DM's house a bit over the top, but it's understandable? You see your gf's guy friend (whom you suspect likes her) heading in the direction to her home late at night -in a suit no less- and she doesn't pick up her phone, so of course Ryan would get worried. EG rushing to the workshop isn't the same .... yes, we know that he didn't know about DM and Ryan's feelings, but at the same time he is just DM's friend and brother, nothing more.. what gives him the right to dictate who DM should be around. She's a grown woman. Just my two cents..

• Like 6

27 minutes ago, 50okie said:

The 'sloppy' editing was quite apparent in other scenes too - the wall scene, the scarf scene, the blind fold scene. I was initially a little bothered by it.   But later, I  attribute the 'mistakes' to too the many good takes they took. The editors can't decide which one to use. They definitely did more than 2 takes. 

In this scene, I guess, the one with the woods is a rehearse shot. Not supposed to be in the final cut but was used instead because it's too good.  

i wanna add one more ..the holding hand scene on bed when Ryan was drunk also a bit sloppy..

you're right...the one with the woods might be a rehearsal shot..and yes probably the rehearsal shot seems better that the actual shot, so the editor decided to use that shot..

aigoo..they should have shown us that rehearsal part in the bts video instead...and shouldn't use the rehearsal shot and combined it with the actual shot..

• Like 8
  • LOL 3

3 hours ago, 50okie said:

the gallery staff, they were horrified when DM and RG reconciled - "You're too enamored by his good looks to see the truth.  Men who get by their good looks never change their ways."

Big difference between the gallery staff and EG. The gallery staff don't know that DM and RG were in a fake relationship, they thought they were dating for real and they assumed they broke up over DI  because DM was all hurt and acting bratty as if she had a real break up. They don't know that it was not a reconciliation, that it was actually the beginning of a new relationship. So, their reactions are actually hilarious, (if they only knew). EG knows more than them that it was fake dating. He started feeling jealous when he realized that DM and RG were becoming more than boss and underling as in friends when RG was invited to DM's parents's house for dinner. But before that the morning after RG and DM came from the writer's house when SJ's employee ran into RG's car and DM went to the cafe dreamy eyed and smiling brightly, EG went into this scolding mode saying, what male boss will take his female underling to an overnight trip can't be trusted and DM defended RG with  "My Director is not like that". Both SJ and EG looked at her and SJ asked "my Director?". Then DM forgot to tell them that SJ's employee was the one who got into an accident and is in the hospital. I think at that time both SJ and EG realized that DM was developing feelings for her boss. They are both her friends and concerned about DM but have different reactions because SJ is not territorial, EG is, in other words his concern is more about himself losing DM than being concerned about his friend. He just always thought that he was the "special friend" of DM. 

• Like 18
  • Insightful 3

Hello everyone,

Its so lovely to hear everybody's thoughts on HPL.  This is by far one of the best Kdramas I have watched, especially in the genre of romantic comedies.  The characters are realistic, performances are amazing and the production quality also seems pretty good.

Re the relationship between Ryan Gold and Sung Deok Mi, one thing that really struck me (besides all that has been previously discussed at length) was the significant difference in the experience levels of RG and DM, especially in the field of romance and relationships. RG is a man of the world. He has had a western, liberal upbringing and he has experienced what most men his age in western countries experience. He has been in multiple relationships and it seems that none of them have lasted for too long.  I am definitely interested  in finding out why.  I am probably over-analyzing here, but he told DM during their first date that they should do everything that can be done in Seoul. So, does he not see this relationship in a space outside of Seoul? I have no doubt that RG truly cares for DM, but he still remains mysterious.

In contrast, DM is rather inexperienced in matters of the heart.  She is an ardent fangirl and is used to loving from a distance. DM is someone for whom it is enough to be in a fake relationship. As Seon Joo said, now that DM is actually dating, she has finally grown up. It leads me to believe that DM has not had any serious relationships in the past. When they kissed for the first time, DM just gave into her instincts and followed Ryan's lead. She might seem confident and even bold to some, but she is actually rather naive in my opinion. So when it comes to skinship, she cannot match pace with RG just as of yet. She is aware of her desires, but it is definitely up to RG to make the first move. I think RG understands that DM is not as experienced as he is.  Overall, RG adores her and all her goofiness and thats what I really love about this couple. RG is perfect for DM. Can't wait for the next episodes! :)

• Like 10
  • Insightful 5

13 minutes ago, Wendy123 said:

Oh guys! Someone on tumblr noticed that the second wrist kiss might have not been in the script!! Here's the post https://patmingsoo-ifnt.tumblr.com/post/184806467329

In my opinion, regardless of how comfortable the two actors are, they generally do not adlib skin ship moments. In the west, every moment in intimate scenes, is described in detail in the script. I remember there was this huge fiasco during Heirs filming because LMH kissed PSH without informing her because they wanted to capture her reaction as such. If I were an actress, I would take offense to being touched without permission, no matter how hot my co-star might be. 

But the again, if PMY and KJW and the director share a really friendly relationship amongst them, maybe they are comfortable winging it. :)

• Like 14
  • Insightful 2

True ...but I think they were speculating re the 2nd wrist kiss...not the 1st...but given it was the perfect camera angle and a zoom at that....it was likely partially planned...maybe supposed to be one kiss etc....

or by that time they had done some many takes and they might have chosen one that had caught her by surprise...but it was an unusual one for k dramas...

having said that he seems to intensify his scenes with much skin ship ...cheek stroking etc in the blind fold kiss...that didn’t make it to the final edit...

either pmy has given him some adlib  permission since they discussed “killing the scene “ in the press conference and pmy seemed to have taken it imply ratcheting up the oomph factor in their love scenes.....lol....she might have seen his work in other dramas....

he seems pretty sensitive so he might have sought permission earlier that he might adlib in the intimate scenes within certain boundaries....:w00t:

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Haha I never even noticed any of the editing mistakes, you guys have eagle eyes! I think I am so enamoured with KJW that I actually have no clue as to what else is going on when he's on the screen :joy::joy:

I rewatched the current episodes last night and I absolutely love how confident he is when he says "Do you want me?". I also love when he calls her 'Curator Seong' for some reason.  I think it's just his voice.. and face.. and mannerisms.. ok I am just obsessed :joy: and PMY, I've loved her since City Hunter and she just continually impresses me. She's definitely a standout actress of this generation (I'm referencing this generation in contrast to the Song Hye Kyo, Ha Ji Won, Jun Ji Hyun, Choi Ji Woo etc. generation) and is so darn gorgeous! I love her style in this drama and WWWSK, it's so elegant and sophisticated. I absolutely love her in the pink suit, just pure class she is! :heart:

This is a great drama in that it hasn't had me overthinking everything and while there are certainly some mysterious aspects and good background stories ready to emerge, I am just loving the romcom factor. This is just such a great fun drama to watch and has really nailed the perfect addictive entertaining drama factor! And I'd like to pretend that some of the romantic scenes were completely unscripted even if they were planned cos these two are so natural together and have officially stolen my shipper heart! :D

• Like 10
  • Love 3

15 minutes ago, J13 said:

She's definitely a standout actress of this generation (I'm referencing this generation in contrast to the Song Hye Kyo, Ha Ji Won, Jun Ji Hyun, Choi Ji Woo etc. generation)

Are you sure PMY is in the same generation as these girls? I believe Jun Ji Hyun started  acting awhile back since 1998 while Song Kye Kyo started back prior to 2000. I think PMY debuted around 2007(correct me if I am wrong) I have to say that PMY acting abilities is comparable to these actresses but her on screen KISSING abilities and her CHEMISTRY with her co-actors has surpassed majorities of her peers and/or her senior actresses. 

Back to HPL, episode 10 is so so good. I'm loving our leads (on screen and off screen).

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I noticed the sloppy editing as well. The mickey mouse blanket and the wood thing. I can endure the editing because well, it’s an on hoing drama with pretty much live shooting so they won’t have much time to check every detail. 

And about the wood thing, the scene after the wood fell, when kjw and pmy looked at it, lots of people said that kjw and pmy seems like “out of character” because Ryan’s laugh seems more like KJW real laugh. So, it might be an NGs or BTS that was too good to be cut. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I would like to say that I really enjoy reading all the comments. You guys are amazing. :heart: 

It's been a very long time since I am this so into the drama and lead actor. Every week while waiting for the next episode, I would watch again and again from ep1 to the last one they aired. But this week, after ep10, I have been rerunning ep10 like countless times. I am testing myself when I will get bored but not yet. I keep watch while taking shower, getting dresses, wearing makeup, and ... Right now I can remember all the pants Ryan wore in all ep. :blush: I don't know how I can this crazy. What did you do to me, Ryan Gold.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

@sksen I was referring to this generation not the Song Hye Kyo, Choi Ji Woo etc. generation. I meant PMY is a standout actress of this generation like on par with the older generation which includes the actresses mentioned above. I should've clarified that better! :)

But yep definitely agree with you that PMY is in a league of her own in terms of chemistry with all of her costars and kissing skills! :D

• Like 5

Kudos to those who are very keen on the details! Without them pointing it out I really would not have noticed the “editing” mishaps. I think someone mentioned, like her, I am just so moved by KJW’s and PMY’s acting that I dont even mind the details anymore haha... i am at a point where I am confused whether it’s still Ryan Gold and DM or KJW and PMY... there’s a really thin line and I can’t tell anymore LOL :D 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

I noticed the sloppy editing as well. The mickey mouse blanket and the wood thing. I can endure the editing because well, it’s an on hoing drama with pretty much live shooting so they won’t have much time to check every detail. 

And about the wood thing, the scene after the wood fell, when kjw and pmy looked at it, lots of people said that kjw and pmy seems like “out of character” because Ryan’s laugh seems more like KJW real laugh. So, it might be an NGs or BTS that was too good to be cut. 

One of the moments that I think were out of character laughs was at the start of the scene when they got off work and were walking hand in hand to the city tour. Deokmi's line was "What, am I too pretty?" because Ryan was staring at her, but the way they giggled afterwards felt like they were laughing at themselves and/or at the line. Idk, does anyone think similarly too? :)

I also realized from HPL's making of videos, which I didn't notice in WWWSK's, is that PMY's got a quick sort of wit (that Jae Wook seems to appreciate because he's always laughing at her remarks). Like with her ad libs, the rubber gloves comment, saying Jae Wook lived there outside in nature when the director told him not to splash puddle water on himself. It's awesome to see this side of her. It was also funny when Jae Wook managed to one-up her ad lib in the walkway coffee scene by being flirty ("Can I join you [all night in the tent]?") :lol:

• Like 12
  • Love 2