[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

larus

4 hours ago, Ondine said:

One of the moments that I think were out of character laughs was at the start of the scene when they got off work and were walking hand in hand to the city tour. Deokmi's line was "What, am I too pretty?" because Ryan was staring at her, but the way they giggled afterwards felt like they were laughing at themselves and/or at the line. Idk, does anyone think similarly too? :)

I also realized from HPL's making of videos, which I didn't notice in WWWSK's, is that PMY's got a quick sort of wit (that Jae Wook seems to appreciate because he's always laughing at her remarks). Like with her ad libs, the rubber gloves comment, saying Jae Wook lived there outside in nature when the director told him not to splash puddle water on himself. It's awesome to see this side of her. It was also funny when Jae Wook managed to one-up her ad lib in the walkway coffee scene by being flirty ("Can I join you [all night in the tent]?") :lol:

Yes that am I too pretty? line is definitely an ad-lib. And the whole wall scene is ad-lib that's why her reaction when he said "Can I join you?" was more PMY's reaction rather than Deok Mi's. Gosh.. I love their interactions. They are definitely a match. (If not off screen, at least on screen ;))

• Like 10

@TheRoadtoPMY I pretty much agree with your comparison of HPL and WWWSK. :) Have you seen Busted on Netflix? (It's a mystery-solving variety show, kind of like LARP-ing, if you haven't.) That was what made me a PMY fan. She was super smart, hard-working, and was pretty much fearless. I highly recommend.

@bobacha PMY seems pretty easygoing with using oppa. She called all her Busted castmates oppa (except for Sejeong and Sehun obv), even one of the guests (and her permanent castmates called her out for that). But I don't know if she called them oppa at the press conference proper like she did Jae Wook. :D

Slightly OT, but I've just discovered that Park Jin Joo (BFF Seonjoo) is a fantastic singer and that she was a runner-up on King of Mask Singer. :w00t:

• Like 11

I think the ultimate about Ryan Gold secret will be revealed during the celebrity exhibition when all nine Lee Sol drawing collected. From episode 2, DM keep asking why his name is Ryan Gold and I’m sure he got his Korean name. It will be a heartbreaking episode 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 2

If the "wood fall is an NG , the question is, who made the wood fall?:wub:

And if for any reason, the webtoon " Bringing the Nation's husband home is going to be made into a Kdrama (I am sure some of you have read it) even though I couldn't finish, I think Jae wook will suit the character of Lu jinnian perfectly ( he does broody and dark very well) and those stares:sweatingbullets: although the webtoon would need to be rewritten to a more tasteful script (not a fan of how the  female lead was treated) . I am sure with a very good script writer and  director, it will be a good romcom and jae wook aka Lion would be perfect.

Thinking aloud,What do you guys think?

Edited by Peppyz
More thought
  • Like 4

Heyhey, everyone! Wow, our thread are running wild woohoo. Seems like more fangirls and fanboys joining our 'Road to RyMi' ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ welcome guys!

I just watched episode 9 & 10. What can I say? This two episodes are such a wild ride lol both of them are sooooo sooooo into each other. They literally can't even separate for seconds. Ryan's eyes really play a major role here, he look into Deokmi like she's the most beautiful woman in the world and now she's his. ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ whereas, Deokmi seriously look so in love, I'm sure this is her 1st relationship in her 30s after 'dating' with Shian as Sinagilㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ Btw, am i the only one thinking KJW & PMY's smile are kinda same? Their cheekbones when smiling are so cute in the date's selfie :') 

I adores Deokmi's parents. They're so in love with Ryan. They treated him like their own favourite son-in-law already. Gaaah. Deokmi's mom look so heartbroken when Deokmi prevented her to give the side-dishes to Ryan. Even her dad who always quiet seem so sad hahaha Ryan on the other hand, who was raised in US, tried his best to be respectful and gentle. Where can we get a guy like him, fellow fangirls? :') 

The last scene made me squeals so hard. I love how cool Ryan said that he know Deokmi as Sinagil. It's feel like Ryan tried his best not to let out his' Mo Taegu' vibe. Lolololol. Must be mind blowing for Eungi and Deokmi, especially hahahah. Eungi's expression look so speechless haha I'm sure in his mind, he never thought that Ryan will know about Deokmi's alter ego, isn't? Gawd- i can't wait for next week. Do we get to see the cute love quarrel, 50 shades of Ryan Gold & of course, the scene where Ryan's crying triggered meㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ  I hope Deokmi is there with him. He really look so vulnerable. 

P. S: in episode 9, where Deokmi dreamt about a little boy who let her hand go, i don't think that's Ryan. I think that's her brother who passed away? Hmmm just a random thought. 

P. S. S: I watched the BTS video and can i say that their chemistry are overflowing and I'm officially having STS. I love how KJW said he's the happiest man in the world when he's choosing the flower for PMY. Isn't that a pure feeling ever? And PMY fixing his hair..... Oh! I heard that in the scene where Ryan said 'its only him who missed Deokmi's expressions after that are all adlib? Hohoho. Ok I will let myself out ㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎㅎ

0YFUIk7.jpg

Spoiler

@fangirldeokjil94 i read your post. You're so brave! Thank you for sharing your experience here! Must be nice to see our otp in real life! & get well soon to your legs! Btw, you're a fellow Malaysian? :lol:

• Like 12
  • Love 4

10 hours ago, butterflyeffect said:

II found Ryan rushing to DM's house a bit over the top, but it's understandable? You see your gf's guy friend (whom you suspect likes her) heading in the direction to her home late at night -in a suit no less- and she doesn't pick up her phone, so of course Ryan would get worried. EG rushing to the workshop isn't the same .... yes, we know that he didn't know about DM and Ryan's feelings, but at the same time he is just DM's friend and brother, nothing more.. what gives him the right to dictate who DM should be around. She's a grown woman. Just my two cents..

RG rushing to DM's house is not over the top.  In fact, i was amazed that RG didn't stop the car and waited outside DM's house that very night.  However, he got a bit worried when DM switched off her phone.  

RG knows how prominent EG is in her life. He's gotten worried EG might make DM's heart waver from the 2 days old relationship.

--> Understandable, vulnerable, cute.  

EG knows RG is interested in DM. He rushed to the workshop, to prevent RG from making DM waver into falling in love with RG.   

---> not so understandable (because he is JUST a brother), possessive, annoying.  

How DM was delighted and not embarrassed when EG offered to help in the workshop, shows that EG is a staple in DM's life. RG should be jealous.  Same way as DM watching RG and CDI bickering, DM should be jealous too.  

EG didn't dictate who DM should be around.  He didnt ask DM to quit,  he didn't pull DM out of the workshop.  Never once he bad mouthed RG or tried to influence DM dislike RG.  

EG has no right to dictate who DM should be around, not because he as MERELY a friend, a brother.  NO ONE, even RG as the best boyfriend in the world has the right.   Interestingly, RG was trying to dictate EG out of DM's life when he said "DM is my girlfriend. So this i between her and me. It's none of your business. " Heloooo! DM is a grown up and human being, not just a girl friend of yours.  DM was only asking to not be seen at the moment, just that moment.  Please accept that.  (Didn't dare to type this out last night, cos RG is too perfect.  Too perfect that he can do no wrong?)

Just to be clear, i don't have SLS.  I LOVE Ryan gold.  

I find it interesting, how we react so differently to the similar intention of the 2 men.  

• Like 8
  • Love 1

@TheRoadtoPMY Wow..i didn't expect that there's a fanboy in this thread..Welcome onboard..i hope you don't mind that we girls here fangirling over KJW aka RG in this thread especially me..LOL.. If not mistaken I've read there's one guy who also posted in this thread but couldn't remember which pages.. I'm so glad that this drama has male fans too..

For all the fanboys in this thread.. I'm giving you guys small gif of PMY...hope you guys like it..:w00t:

cpkAXrl.gif

Spoiler

qdsLoOR.gif

• Like 8
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, orion00 said:

I think the ultimate about Ryan Gold secret will be revealed during the celebrity exhibition when all nine Lee Sol drawing collected. From episode 2, DM keep asking why his name is Ryan Gold and I’m sure he got his Korean name. It will be a heartbreaking episode 

I think his secret will be revealed before the exhibition, and that makes all things happily resolved before the exhibition. Probably the ending is RG is able to draw, and DM given a chance to further study to become a photographer artist.

• Like 3

Director Eom wanting to take over the gallery again, right? 

I guess after the exhibition and all the Lee Seol mysteries unsolved, Ryan will be back to US as an artist again and hopedully he will bring Deok Mi along with him so she can further her studies abroad. :D and they will live happily ever after and we will be super sad because the drama will be ended. :bawling:

• Like 9

@50okie Fair points, don’t really agree with the cutting EG out part though. Based on what we see of Ryan’s personality he wouldn’t (and didn’t in that scene) try to remove one of DM’s close friends from her life. Anyway, the fact that EG even went to the store...as someone who supposedly cares about DM, he should just...trust her.

My gripe is that the show is basically telling us it’s ok for EG to act on incestuous feelings because he’s not blood-related. He is not some childhood friend who suddenly developed feelings for DM, he is as much a brother as any full biological brother, based on the way he was raised and to me that’s what makes his actions creepy. I feel bad for him but I’m unable to condone his behavior since it’s just... unusual. Might have to throw logic out the window soon lol. Ryan and EG may have similar intentions but they sure go about it differently.

Yes I do find differing opinions fascinating as well, haha. Thanks for your input

• Like 7

3 hours ago, bobacha said:

I'm wondering will RG & DM ever drop their speech to banmal?  At least Ryan to DM .. 

After watching countless kdramas,  I always pay attention to the use of formal/informal speech.   When a couple switch from jeondemal to banmal it usually signifies the next level in their relationship.

However I'm also aware that there are also married couples who speak in jeondemal (in kdrama worlds)

PS. I love that PMY addresses PJW as oppa

When Ryan told her he hated fake dating, he said, "I wanna date for real, though." He dropped his speech to banmal. Then at the wall scene when he said, "Only me who misses you." He also said this in banmal. 

For him, I think it's easier to drop the formality, cuz he's the oppa and the boss... But for Deokmi it's a bit harder for the same reason. 

Deokmi did say something to him in banmal, though it was more like she talked to herself. At the restaurant scene with coworkers, she grumbled to herself why did he have to be BOTH CUTE AND HANDSOME...then she unknowingly blurted out in banmal, "So selfish (in Korean, what she said literally was 'he eats everything' so that's why Ryan awkwardly explained he was just trying to give some for her lol)."

• Like 5
  • LOL 12
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 2

@bliss1004Hey I understand, KJW is one fine man, you girls want him, I want to be him. Plus, RG is like the *cough* Gold Standard for boyfriends and husbands everywhere, I'd imagine. Lol.

Thanks for the GIFs,  the 2 (or 3?) of us guys here appreciated it! Regardless whether your male/female/etc. there's no denying this drama is damn pretty. From the leads, to the colors and visual pizazz of everything. 

Haven't even mentioned the OST too. 3 of the drama's songs are stuck in my head: Maybe (one hell of a beautiful song), Boom Boom and Help Me. I loved WWWSK's leitmotif for PMY's character (still my ringtone for when my wife calls me, lol) but HPL has the more memorable songs. This drama as been a visual and auditory treat to be sure. 

• Like 9
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

I guess after the exhibition and all the Lee Seol mysteries unsolved, Ryan will be back to US as an artist again and hopedully he will bring Deok Mi along with him so she can further her studies abroad. :D and they will live happily ever after and we will be super sad because the drama will be ended. :bawling:

Your scenario could happen. but I think there also been hint on Ryan staying in Korea. When Director Nam had interview with him she asked if he want to settle down in Korean with a girlfriend, and he did say that he may do that. So it seems like he is open to do so. Beside the scenes we got from US he seemed closed off person and beside Da in it look like he did not have have any close friends or family. So it is not anything like that to make him go back and stay there.  Also I don´t think he would want to separate DM from her family and friends as he also like them and is happy getting parents attention that he seem to miss. I think they gonna be his extended parents to him :P I belive there is bigger change for Da in to leave for US as she understand that she have no change on him. Maybe he gonna get her workplace as she is leaving? 

• Like 7
  • Insightful 1

On 5/12/2019 at 3:45 PM, bliss1004 said:

@TheRoadtoPMY Wow..i didn't expect that there's a fanboy in this thread..Welcome onboard..i hope you don't mind that we girls here fangirling over KJW aka RG in this thread especially me..LOL.. If not mistaken I've read there's one guy who also posted in this thread but couldn't remember which pages.. I'm so glad that this drama has male fans too..

For all the fanboys in this thread.. I'm giving you guys small gif of PMY...hope you guys like it..:w00t:

Hide contents

Love those gifs, thanks for sharing! 

I'm a KJW fangirl but I tend to fangirl over actresses sometimes too haha that second gif after DM and RG kiss is the scene where I could not get over PMY's beauty. She is absolutely stunning in general but the look in her eyes of love and happiness particularly highlighted her beauty for me. Just such an insanely attractive couple, I can't get over it!!

Edited by triplem
Pls don’t quote images. Thx
  • Like 9

1 hour ago, TheRoadtoPMY said:

@bliss1004Hey I understand, KJW is one fine man, you girls want him, I want to be him. Plus, RG is like the *cough* Gold Standard for boyfriends and husbands everywhere, I'd imagine. Lol.

Welcome to this jungle of fangirls <3 I'm sure there are fanboys in this thread before but you guys are obviously outnumbered by us. So one more is way too precious. Love your view of RG as a role model. And for us, fangirling over RG doesn't prevent us from appreciating Deok Mi any less. She is a bright, optimistic, forgiving girl whom we can all learn from. 

I'm thinking about your fanboying over PMY in HPL and to your wife, it's now "His Private Life", isn't it? keke

• Like 5
  • LOL 5

3 hours ago, Ondine said:

@TheRoadtoPMY I pretty much agree with your comparison of HPL and WWWSK. :) Have you seen Busted on Netflix? (It's a mystery-solving variety show, kind of like LARP-ing, if you haven't.) That was what made me a PMY fan. She was super smart, hard-working, and was pretty much fearless. I highly recommend.

@bobacha PMY seems pretty easygoing with using oppa. She called all her Busted castmates oppa (except for Sejeong and Sehun obv), even one of the guests (and her permanent castmates called her out for that). But I don't know if she called them oppa at the press conference proper like she did Jae Wook. :D

Slightly OT, but I've just discovered that Park Jin Joo (BFF Seonjoo) is a fantastic singer and that she was a runner-up on King of Mask Singer. :w00t:

I watched PMY in Sungkyunkwan Scandal but didn't really become her fans, until i watched Busted. LOL. Really like her personality there. She's so easy going. Can't forget how she lie on the ground in the 1st ep. She's also smart. I like her since then so i watched her drama after that (WWWSK and HPL). Maybe after HPL finished i will try to watch Healer, City Hunter and Queen for 7 Days.

• Like 10

1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

yes I think so...Director Eom probably annoyed when she thought RG had bullied her daughter at the museum...looks like she is planning to take back the gallery and she probably going to kick out RG by giving a reason that RG did not perform and allowed exhibition with ShiAn that for her is not standard to the museum.. I'm sure Sindy will backup RG in front of her mom as she is so happy when RG compliment her about the miniature gallery she presented during the meeting.. I dunno how RG gonna handle the issue if Director Eom kick him out from the museum.. 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

@haartieFunny you mention that because it's a common source of hilarity for us, she calls me a softie for binging romcom movies, which she can only muster for maybe 1 or 2 movies before stopping because of sugar overload. I tell her about how much I like HPL and kdramas now but jokingly refuse to let her see it, for fear that it further diminishes my masculinity lol.

HPL is the show I've been looking for in a while, like I said Western films and TV don't usually have this genre, while in my country (Philippines), this genre is mostly crap and tacky (would not be caught dead watching one lol). 

I'm glad PMY is on a romcom roll now, my favorite actress in my favorite genre. 

As for RG, yeah his character is so well-written. You usually see male leads as aggressive and basically brute forces feelings, which in turn makes the female lead fall in love. I've always thought this alpha male trope was unrealistic and outdated. The fact the KJW himself is so cool and awesome and suave just magnifies how great his character is. Girls want him, guys wanna be him kind of man. 

Edited by TheRoadtoPMY
Typo
  • Like 10
  • Love 1