Quantcast

[Drama 2019] Her Private Life 그녀의 사생활

• Replies 5.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

FINALE KISSES                                    THANK YOU FOR WATCHING!   

Before we move on, I just want to appreciate their first kiss again:     Sorry it's night time at my place so can't find more proper lighting for the painting. Anyway, an art direc

My First Real Fangirl Experience   Since we all don't have BTS today, I thought I'd share with all my fangirl buddies here what happened to me last night as yall were going wild watching ep

3 hours ago, 50okie said:

the gallery staff, they were horrified when DM and RG reconciled - "You're too enamored by his good looks to see the truth.  Men who get by their good looks never change their ways."

Big difference between the gallery staff and EG. The gallery staff don't know that DM and RG were in a fake relationship, they thought they were dating for real and they assumed they broke up over DI  because DM was all hurt and acting bratty as if she had a real break up. They don't know that it was not a reconciliation, that it was actually the beginning of a new relationship. So, their reactions are actually hilarious, (if they only knew). EG knows more than them that it was fake dating. He started feeling jealous when he realized that DM and RG were becoming more than boss and underling as in friends when RG was invited to DM's parents's house for dinner. But before that the morning after RG and DM came from the writer's house when SJ's employee ran into RG's car and DM went to the cafe dreamy eyed and smiling brightly, EG went into this scolding mode saying, what male boss will take his female underling to an overnight trip can't be trusted and DM defended RG with  "My Director is not like that". Both SJ and EG looked at her and SJ asked "my Director?". Then DM forgot to tell them that SJ's employee was the one who got into an accident and is in the hospital. I think at that time both SJ and EG realized that DM was developing feelings for her boss. They are both her friends and concerned about DM but have different reactions because SJ is not territorial, EG is, in other words his concern is more about himself losing DM than being concerned about his friend. He just always thought that he was the "special friend" of DM. 

• Like 18
  • Insightful 3

Hello everyone,

Its so lovely to hear everybody's thoughts on HPL.  This is by far one of the best Kdramas I have watched, especially in the genre of romantic comedies.  The characters are realistic, performances are amazing and the production quality also seems pretty good.

Re the relationship between Ryan Gold and Sung Deok Mi, one thing that really struck me (besides all that has been previously discussed at length) was the significant difference in the experience levels of RG and DM, especially in the field of romance and relationships. RG is a man of the world. He has had a western, liberal upbringing and he has experienced what most men his age in western countries experience. He has been in multiple relationships and it seems that none of them have lasted for too long.  I am definitely interested  in finding out why.  I am probably over-analyzing here, but he told DM during their first date that they should do everything that can be done in Seoul. So, does he not see this relationship in a space outside of Seoul? I have no doubt that RG truly cares for DM, but he still remains mysterious.

In contrast, DM is rather inexperienced in matters of the heart.  She is an ardent fangirl and is used to loving from a distance. DM is someone for whom it is enough to be in a fake relationship. As Seon Joo said, now that DM is actually dating, she has finally grown up. It leads me to believe that DM has not had any serious relationships in the past. When they kissed for the first time, DM just gave into her instincts and followed Ryan's lead. She might seem confident and even bold to some, but she is actually rather naive in my opinion. So when it comes to skinship, she cannot match pace with RG just as of yet. She is aware of her desires, but it is definitely up to RG to make the first move. I think RG understands that DM is not as experienced as he is.  Overall, RG adores her and all her goofiness and thats what I really love about this couple. RG is perfect for DM. Can't wait for the next episodes! :)

• Like 10
  • Insightful 5
13 minutes ago, Wendy123 said:

Oh guys! Someone on tumblr noticed that the second wrist kiss might have not been in the script!! Here's the post https://patmingsoo-ifnt.tumblr.com/post/184806467329

In my opinion, regardless of how comfortable the two actors are, they generally do not adlib skin ship moments. In the west, every moment in intimate scenes, is described in detail in the script. I remember there was this huge fiasco during Heirs filming because LMH kissed PSH without informing her because they wanted to capture her reaction as such. If I were an actress, I would take offense to being touched without permission, no matter how hot my co-star might be. 

But the again, if PMY and KJW and the director share a really friendly relationship amongst them, maybe they are comfortable winging it. :)

• Like 14
  • Insightful 2

True ...but I think they were speculating re the 2nd wrist kiss...not the 1st...but given it was the perfect camera angle and a zoom at that....it was likely partially planned...maybe supposed to be one kiss etc....

or by that time they had done some many takes and they might have chosen one that had caught her by surprise...but it was an unusual one for k dramas...

having said that he seems to intensify his scenes with much skin ship ...cheek stroking etc in the blind fold kiss...that didn’t make it to the final edit...

either pmy has given him some adlib  permission since they discussed “killing the scene “ in the press conference and pmy seemed to have taken it imply ratcheting up the oomph factor in their love scenes.....lol....she might have seen his work in other dramas....

he seems pretty sensitive so he might have sought permission earlier that he might adlib in the intimate scenes within certain boundaries....:w00t:

• Like 12
  • Love 1

Haha I never even noticed any of the editing mistakes, you guys have eagle eyes! I think I am so enamoured with KJW that I actually have no clue as to what else is going on when he's on the screen :joy::joy:

I rewatched the current episodes last night and I absolutely love how confident he is when he says "Do you want me?". I also love when he calls her 'Curator Seong' for some reason.  I think it's just his voice.. and face.. and mannerisms.. ok I am just obsessed :joy: and PMY, I've loved her since City Hunter and she just continually impresses me. She's definitely a standout actress of this generation (I'm referencing this generation in contrast to the Song Hye Kyo, Ha Ji Won, Jun Ji Hyun, Choi Ji Woo etc. generation) and is so darn gorgeous! I love her style in this drama and WWWSK, it's so elegant and sophisticated. I absolutely love her in the pink suit, just pure class she is! :heart:

This is a great drama in that it hasn't had me overthinking everything and while there are certainly some mysterious aspects and good background stories ready to emerge, I am just loving the romcom factor. This is just such a great fun drama to watch and has really nailed the perfect addictive entertaining drama factor! And I'd like to pretend that some of the romantic scenes were completely unscripted even if they were planned cos these two are so natural together and have officially stolen my shipper heart! :D

• Like 10
  • Love 3
15 minutes ago, J13 said:

She's definitely a standout actress of this generation (I'm referencing this generation in contrast to the Song Hye Kyo, Ha Ji Won, Jun Ji Hyun, Choi Ji Woo etc. generation)

Are you sure PMY is in the same generation as these girls? I believe Jun Ji Hyun started  acting awhile back since 1998 while Song Kye Kyo started back prior to 2000. I think PMY debuted around 2007(correct me if I am wrong) I have to say that PMY acting abilities is comparable to these actresses but her on screen KISSING abilities and her CHEMISTRY with her co-actors has surpassed majorities of her peers and/or her senior actresses. 

Back to HPL, episode 10 is so so good. I'm loving our leads (on screen and off screen).

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I noticed the sloppy editing as well. The mickey mouse blanket and the wood thing. I can endure the editing because well, it’s an on hoing drama with pretty much live shooting so they won’t have much time to check every detail. 

And about the wood thing, the scene after the wood fell, when kjw and pmy looked at it, lots of people said that kjw and pmy seems like “out of character” because Ryan’s laugh seems more like KJW real laugh. So, it might be an NGs or BTS that was too good to be cut. 

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

I would like to say that I really enjoy reading all the comments. You guys are amazing. :heart: 

It's been a very long time since I am this so into the drama and lead actor. Every week while waiting for the next episode, I would watch again and again from ep1 to the last one they aired. But this week, after ep10, I have been rerunning ep10 like countless times. I am testing myself when I will get bored but not yet. I keep watch while taking shower, getting dresses, wearing makeup, and ... Right now I can remember all the pants Ryan wore in all ep. :blush: I don't know how I can this crazy. What did you do to me, Ryan Gold.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1

@sksen I was referring to this generation not the Song Hye Kyo, Choi Ji Woo etc. generation. I meant PMY is a standout actress of this generation like on par with the older generation which includes the actresses mentioned above. I should've clarified that better! :)

But yep definitely agree with you that PMY is in a league of her own in terms of chemistry with all of her costars and kissing skills! :D

• Like 5

Kudos to those who are very keen on the details! Without them pointing it out I really would not have noticed the “editing” mishaps. I think someone mentioned, like her, I am just so moved by KJW’s and PMY’s acting that I dont even mind the details anymore haha... i am at a point where I am confused whether it’s still Ryan Gold and DM or KJW and PMY... there’s a really thin line and I can’t tell anymore LOL :D 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, annie1234 said:

I noticed the sloppy editing as well. The mickey mouse blanket and the wood thing. I can endure the editing because well, it’s an on hoing drama with pretty much live shooting so they won’t have much time to check every detail. 

And about the wood thing, the scene after the wood fell, when kjw and pmy looked at it, lots of people said that kjw and pmy seems like “out of character” because Ryan’s laugh seems more like KJW real laugh. So, it might be an NGs or BTS that was too good to be cut. 

One of the moments that I think were out of character laughs was at the start of the scene when they got off work and were walking hand in hand to the city tour. Deokmi's line was "What, am I too pretty?" because Ryan was staring at her, but the way they giggled afterwards felt like they were laughing at themselves and/or at the line. Idk, does anyone think similarly too? :)

I also realized from HPL's making of videos, which I didn't notice in WWWSK's, is that PMY's got a quick sort of wit (that Jae Wook seems to appreciate because he's always laughing at her remarks). Like with her ad libs, the rubber gloves comment, saying Jae Wook lived there outside in nature when the director told him not to splash puddle water on himself. It's awesome to see this side of her. It was also funny when Jae Wook managed to one-up her ad lib in the walkway coffee scene by being flirty ("Can I join you [all night in the tent]?") :lol:

• Like 12
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, niharika111 said:

In my opinion, regardless of how comfortable the two actors are, they generally do not adlib skin ship moments. In the west, every moment in intimate scenes, is described in detail in the script. I remember there was this huge fiasco during Heirs filming because LMH kissed PSH without informing her because they wanted to capture her reaction as such. If I were an actress, I would take offense to being touched without permission, no matter how hot my co-star might be. 

But the again, if PMY and KJW and the director share a really friendly relationship amongst them, maybe they are comfortable winging it. :)

I would be offended for  2 different reasons.  One is for violation of my body, the other for not trusting my acting skill to be able to act accordingly.  

I saw the LMH-forcing-PSH kiss scene.  It was distasteful and painful to watch. Yes, maybe it achieved the feel LMH wanted, it just looked wrong.  Have to be very careful with my words, lest i start a fan war in this joyful thread. 

Whereas to our lovely couple here, what we love about KJW, he peppered the passionate scenes with tiny cute gestures. He didn't turn a scripted no-kiss to a full eat-her-face kiss.  Instead, he added at the end of  scripted full make-out scene (at the workshop) with a  peck on the lips.  He added the wiping of her tears before their first scripted real kiss.  He added the stroking of her hair before the imaginary kiss.    

The word i was looking for was - dominance.  I have never felt KJW dominating over PMY.  They are so in sync!  In fake wall scene and thumb kiss scene , the RG and DM not supposed to kiss, but PMY is so comfortable with  KJW and wanted to achieve good visuals, her lips actually touched his.  Hers touch his.  MY guess, PMY added the peck on the lips after KJW gave the wrist kiss.

My brain tells me it's professionalism.  My delulu heart thinks they are for real.  

• Like 16
  • LOL 3
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, 50okie said:

I would be offended for  2 different reasons.  One is for violation of my body, the other for not trusting my acting skill to be able to act accordingly.  

I saw the LMH-forcing-PSH kiss scene.  It was distasteful and painful to watch. Yes, maybe it achieved the feel LMH wanted, it just looked wrong.  Have to be very careful with my words, lest i start a fan war in this joyful thread. 

Whereas to our lovely couple here, what we love about KJW, he peppered the passionate scenes with tiny cute gestures. He didn't turn a scripted no-kiss to a full eat-her-face kiss.  Instead, he added at the end of  scripted full make-out scene (at the workshop) with a  peck on the lips.  He added the wiping of her tears before their first scripted real kiss.  He added the stroking of her hair before the imaginary kiss.    

The word i was looking for was - dominance.  I have never felt KJW dominating over PMY.  They are so in sync!  In fake wall scene and thumb kiss scene , the RG and DM not supposed to kiss, but PMY is so comfortable with  KJW and wanted to achieve good visuals, her lips actually touched his.  Hers touch his.  MY guess, PMY added the peck on the lips after KJW gave the wrist kiss.

My brain tells me it's professionalism.  My delulu heart thinks they are for real.  

The thing with KJW is that he is so assured and so effortless! He does not have to try to be sexy. Most actors have to take their shirts off and flex their abs to be called hot. KJW just to open a button and take off his watch...and he is 100X times hotter! 

Re the Heirs kissing scene, I believe the director was also in on it.  But in all fairness, PSH is not eaxctly known for her prowess in kissing scenes. Yet, no matter what the reason is, it was wrong to film a kissing scene without prior notification.  

• Like 10
  • Love 1

I am not good with words but would like to say I really enjoy this thread. I am having such a bad symptom of STS and refreshing this thread every 30 minutes to see what's going on.

i'm am sort of sure they are aware of the sloppy edits these are years of experience Directors and editors, I think the PDnim and the actors have a very good understanding they sort of discuss what is the main point and what their story and trust the actors carry out their profession. Therefore the adlips and impromto actions. They added them because they think this is a better scene or shot and us being the the audience will enjoy seeing them and throw everything out the window.  I am just so glad they added them in, it became more dreamy and spicy. So what it's a wood or the scarf.  We are analysing they kiss slow mode and shot by shot. LOL 

As a PMY fan I see that KJW is a true challenge for her, it upped her game.  LOL As he has done lots of other interesting characters and done mature drama. I think she knows she can play hard and still feel safe with oppa KJW..

Coming back to the drama. I feel sorry for EunGi.  For a person whom has loved DM since high school and stuck with her with all her ups and down to be snatched away.  I know :blush:I just love our DM and RG but as a normal person I think I'd behave like EG it's desperation and jealousy. RG is stealing his BFF whom he hopes to make his wife.

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I think the problem with KJW is that he does ooze sexiness....so even what might be a simple innocent move.....seems explosive....lol...he just had to stand there and look at her...am not sure how Pmy handles it so coolly....lol

i think they have lots of pre scene discussions ....especially for this sort of scenes and pmy is hyper aware....did you not see the bts on best camera angles regarding the thumb kiss....she is a pro...and is able to handle it well and I think kjw appears very respectful of her boundaries....

he would have at least warned her...

remember him saying he’ll be gentle with the thumb kiss so as not to squish her face....think she has a thing re her very cute chipmunk cheeks....similar comment in sdq bts...where she also complained about getting her cheeks squished...:lol:...

• Like 12
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, 50okie said:

For the case of CDI, i have to remind myself, what CDI may know that we don't. For a start, she knows RG has a complex that may have caused his past relationships to fail.  I think CDI did not worry to much of DM because she thinks they wont last anyways.  DM failed the first test after all.  (So sorry, the actress is soooo wooden,  i can't really tell what she was trying to emote.  Surely the CDI in manwha cannot be so 2 dimensional.)

I don’t think CDI knows as much on RG secret, she also don’t know what causes RG to stop painting, that’s why she asked DM in Ep 8, all she could gather from the  clue is that RG stopped painting when he attained the 1st Lee Sol’ artwork in New York.

CDI was just disappointed that RG has all the while never considered her as the potential gf after all these years she has been there supporting him, similarly to EG to DM. The only difference between CDI and EG, is that CDI is aware that RG is clear on her feeling and has put up a clear front to her that she is just a friend, nothing more, so she actually didn’t do more disruption other than stating the half truth, that she likes RG and RG wanted to end the fake relationship with DM. And this actually shaken the confidence of DM. Unlike, EG who has just awakened that he needs to state clear to DM on his feelings, but poor guy, he is just too late.

With the story plot on child hood memories, I think RG and DM relationship will grow stronger as DM is quite a sensitive girl to notice RG’s current situation, and it will be up to RG to tell her more,  provided that RG could recollect more of his child hood memories, after all, it is still RG personal problem to resolve. I suspect DM mum will hv some info to share about the children.

• Like 11