[Drama 2019] Search: WWW, 검색어를 입력하세요: WWW

larus

1 hour ago, sally2 said:

Haha, I quite enjoyed that scene too. Way better than some of the oddly placed "shower" scenes that sometimes appear for no purpose except ogling on the part of the viewer. I like the PMG is confident about the way he looks without being too egotistical about it.

Also, I don't think they want us to watch it innocently.

I agree! I enjoy that scene because of PM! His remarks are so adorably hot! I was like “dang man, even i am stripping you in my head!” :joy:

lol i don’t want my pervy side to shine so im trying to watch it innocently but after the recent episodes and kiss, i am no longer going to try! 

Bring it on, PM!! :P

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Reasons Why Viewers Can’t Get Enough Of Lee Da Hee In “Search: WWW”

by S. Cho
16750adb68af40559c6e23cbcaaf7536.jpeg?s=

Charming actress Lee Da Hee has done it once again with tvN’s “Search: WWW”!

Lee Da Hee plays Cha Hyun, the manager of Barro, a portal site that is second only to top site Unicon. She’s a fiercely passionate woman who often has trouble controlling her anger. Along with her perfect visuals and fiery personality, Cha Hyun is also beginning to show a softer and lovelier side, adding to the endless realm of her charms.

2019062901002200600151011.jpg

In the first episode, Bae Ta Mi (Im Soo Jung) finished a hearing and happened to get herself in the car that belongs to Cha Hyun. Bae Ta Mi had just covered up a fabrication issue regarding her portal site Unicon by saying a member of congress had been involved in a prostitution scandal with someone underage. Addressing her rival, Cha Hyun firmly said, “If you can’t cleanly reveal the truth, don’t get caught up in playing the act of the miserable hero,” leaving a strong first impression on viewers. Her entrance made her rivalry with Bae Ta Mi clear and helped viewers understand the fierceness of her girl crush character as well as the upcoming intensity of the drama.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1335488wpp/reasons-why-viewers-cant-get-enough-of-lee-da-hee-in-search-www

Great to see that WWW is getting recognition, where Im So Jung and Jang Ki Yong is in top 7 in the drama actors list in brand recognition! Congrats!

It was honestly frustrating to see BTM keep pushing Morgan out even before they started, yes, they are 10 years difference between them, and Morgan have shown how mature he is to BTM. When Morgan said he keep smashing walls and a new one came up, i feel him. Its great that he took the step to end the relationship since BTM didnt want it, and I dont get why he keep apologizing to her, them, and how they ended up sleeping with each other on their 1st meeting and how could things be different if they didnt. Sigh. As for the kiss scene, JKY is still new i guess? haha

Scarlett is gaining attention, just like in Secret Life of My Secretary, where Veronica Park really stole the show from Gal Hee. BTM is still hot but because of her pull and push with Morgan, i think audience really just got tired of it.  I'm glad all of that is resolved and audience can focus on  Scarlett's storyline as well as Ga Young's.

Directors/producers were flirting with the idea if both Scarlett and Ga Young could be attracted to each other, but I'm glad we are not going along that direction. (Fingers crossed). It seemed clear that Ga Young like her husband and vice versa, but because of his mother, he is being cautious. All those 'girlfriends' are just smokescreen  to his mother. I hope all the ladies in the show will get their happy ending. :)

On 6/29/2019 at 10:34 AM, crispachu said:

As I understand it, the fish tank analogy basically equates it to a person who dates a lot of people at the same time - ie. keeps a "fish tank" full of "fish".

BTM obviously doesn't date a lot, so she has a fish tank with one fish.

re: Fish Tank

Yes ditto.  I see the analogy the same way as you.

LOVE their fish tank conversations ... and actually ALL their witty interactions in this drama, and their quick on the uptake, yet thoughtful responses to each other.

Mature conversations, which is a nice refreshing change.

Btw there's actually a Dating Site called Plenty of Fish or something, where I live. :P

Went into this drama with zilch expectations ... but am so pleasantly surprised. So much so it's now my #1 sought after drama of Something In the Rain) these past couple of wks - esp when time is limited: (One Spring Night has now taken second or no place. Esp since imo it seems kinda role reversal rehash of Something In the Rain).

Love:

1) how this couple gives each other space.

2) their mature communication :wub:,  how much they verbalize and talk through everything with each other.  even down to expressing and exposing vulnerabilities (her gabbling non stop on the fishing pier etc) ...  how cool is that?  And how human too - they try to impress each other 'acting all cool'  ... him preening on wakeup, her tidying up her office desk and totally 'posing' when he arrives. So human! :lol:

2) as a modern independent self-reliant 2019 woman - I can relate to how much BTM values:D her own personal space, her lifestyle to do as she please and her down time to enjoy. Yes it's kinda selfish in a way - but she has her own routine, her own life, her own space, stuff she alone enjoys...she values and guards that. To let another person into her already very busy life and world requires a lot of time, compromise and commitment she may not be prepared to sacrifice. Hence the perpetual (yes frustrating :crazy:) hot-cold back and forth.  BUT ...  hey quite relatable understandable ... which is why the realistic back and forth tussle too, between head and heart.

3) BTM is conflicted, confused.  Her mind says one thing, her heart is saying another.  As a career woman -  priority and focus has always been work - thus even his messages get ignored (that's so role-reversal cool. men do this too while gfs and wives wait for those text replies)

4) LDW is already one fish she didn't commit to, back then. But someone who obviously meant something special to her - she was quite stunned to bump into him.  She didn't want marriage, he did ... wrong time, wrong place, and perhaps  (this was mentioned by LDW) -  wrong person (And yet LDW would be chronologically kinda the suitable conventional age as her.  and yet she didn't even try to keep the LDW fish in her  tank, they broke up. LDW moved on, she moved on. So WHY now PMG, who's unconventionally all of 10 yrs younger?  :P)

4) So now here comes this 'unsuitable'  10 yr younger 'distraction' :wub: - who persistently keeps popping up in her life, someone who so endearingly gets under her skin, gets her ie on the same channel/reads her and all her thoughts, someone who even plays Tengen at her level ... someone who is supportively there for her.

5) And somehow, someone who just insidiously starts taking a special place in her life, her heart. All THESE,  are all against her logical reasoning mindset, and that's why she's so resistent.  She needs to fight her logical self.   (and we all know how strategically-analytical she can be when it comes to Work matters ;) )

6) While seriously emotionally-driven impulsive (and thank God for that :P   - hence the fishing pier moments and drive, and the frantic march back to elevator ep #8) .... TM is someone who totally needs to chew on things too. When Park Mo-geun points something out - she dwells on it, and comes back with her feedback ...  after Digestion.

On 6/30/2019 at 8:43 AM, stroppyse said:

===>

I love Scarlet and her actor arc, btw! But, I'll save that for another post some other time since this post is becoming a wall of text. :)

Me too! And the dude with his gentle demeanour (despite his dv-abusive domestic violence onscreen presence) is such a perfect match for her.

On 6/28/2019 at 2:37 PM, Latte_Anyday said:

===>

As for the MIL, she's comin' off such a try hard to be swag ain't she LMFAo?!:w00t: The tattoo thing is 'cause when tattooing..the person she tattoos reacts or something like that. She sounds repressed if anything LoL:P And the styling on Ga-Gyeong, Scarlett as well as the lady who appears to be Ga-Gyeong's assistant not sure? They are all dressed quite masculine, with 1 of 'em in a full blown man's suit & tie. I didn't like Ga-Gyeong's outfit for the race. Like what was that?! It looked like she grabbed a picnic blanket and draped it across her chest:crazy:<_<  

@lu09

I still can't quite get myself used to them havin' English names aha. Mainly Mo-Gan & the entire Barro Team. But while they mostly have names that suit them, I was hoping a better more powerful name for Ta-Mi LoL?! Mo-Gan's views on marriage seem idealistic almost, while Ta-Mi's more cynical but practical. It'd be interesting to see how they both end up..

That MIL is trying way too hard - trying to flounce around and throw her weight with her 'presence' but failing miserably. 

I last saw her in On The Way To Airport, as Lee Sang-yoon's mom ... (and the elected President here as the uncle in On The Way To Airport too)   - both being 'traditional' Korean artists types in that drama, keeping to traditional ways, Korean culture and gab.  And now in WWW trying to wrap my head around her "try hard to be swag", and not on the same team as Mr Prez (aka Uncle, who was also her side-kick Artisan asst). 

It's not sitting down well. :P

Ditto that Ga-Gyong snitch who's always togged up in her circus master outfits.

While I get that blazers and power-suits will be  the next 'in' look for 2019-2020 (BTM wears them too, but styled differently) ... Ms Circus Master in her suits, slicked pony-tail and side smirks is just hilarious.  So is "picnic blanket" at the horse races - well, maybe she needed her tablecloth top to match her husband super loud checkered suit?  :P

But I guess better these than the frumpy prudish outfits of Han Ji-min's in One Spring Night  - someone even commented somewhere: "is she going for the Amish look or something?" :P

Park Morgan = sure so he's Morgan Park in Oz where he grows up. But back in Korean ... shouldn't he be Park Mo-geun instead? I also wondered sometimes if he grew up with adopted parents - as many Korean kids were sent away for adoption - he's definitely maturely insightful and observant. And s'times knows her better than she understands herself.

How to turn BTM on is when PMG slick back his hair to the side. Maybe that was probably why she find him attractive when they first met. She said it makes him look older. He should do that to his hair more often. I find myself falling in love with him whenever he slick his hair to the side. :wub:

I agreed with everyone’s opinions on BTM and PMG’s opinion on marriage. Both are not wrong and both knows what they want. I won’t say too much as everyone already covered on some things that I wanted to say. But I don’t think BTM is playing hard to get or playing with PMG’s heart. Sure, it may seem like she leads him on at times but I don’t think that’s her intention. I think she pushes him away because she probably feels that she is not the one for him and that maybe he deserves better which is why she keeps saying that they’re too different. In reality, a driven career woman like BTM, does not have the time to think about marriage. Ok, I’ll leave it here before I go on any further. :)

I’m actually glad to see SKK standing up for her mother in law or should I say monster in law. It’s about time she takes control of Unicon and wants to do the things that should be handled correctly in the workplace. Looks like BTM’s name is back on the top search keyword in ep 9 preview and I have a feeling someone close to SKK is probably behind it again. I hope to see SKK teams up with BTM soon. 

Ok, CH/Scarlet’s love storyline is actually quite cute but weird at the same time. I still enjoy it though. I also wouldn’t mind if they made her character a lesbian. It seems like she has a special feeling for SKK but overall, she just really respect and admired SKK... but in my head.. I think she could be Bi.. hehehe.. 

@jus-ash

That was me actually, the one who mentioned how Ji-Min looked like a sister-wife/Amish on "One Spring Night" LMFAo! And boy did I get bashed for stating it geez.:rolleyes: Unpopular opinion but I much prefer Something in the Rain:P Sorry for the OTB)

I remembered the actress who plays the MIL as the gentle, kind grandma on "Mother". Her role on Search:WWW has been somethin' else, it took me awhile to let it sink in aha.

LoL I actually thought Jin-Woo's plaid suit made him look like wallpaper!:w00t: 

I was like WTF at how is it possible ANYONE can turn down Lee Dong-Wook seriously!? I do believe Ta-Mi must have been burned by an ex (don't tell me it's Jung-Soo:P) to develop trust issues. She's using her career as an excuse to keep potential suitors at bay. 

And for someone who claims to be a workaholic Ta-Mi sure has plenty of time to put fishes in her aquarium ha-ha:lol:

@elizabeth

I totally relate to Ta-Mi's stance on marriage but she's also not exactly turning Mo-Gan's advances away y'know what I mean? While she keeps tellin' him their priorities are different, her actions still convey she likes him very much. Maybe he's acting on that to keep pursuing her eventhough he knows it's a lost cause LoL. 

I just hope they compromise somehow but it'd be hard. I'm just used to the tsundere guy in most dramas~:D

On 6/29/2019 at 10:51 PM, philosophie said:

Seeing the Barro work environment reminds me of what I heard Google and other IT tech companies office buildings are like. You can dress however you want, the offices are all cool looking rather bleak but traditional to what most company offices look like. Then there’s the fact that no one addresses the other as titles and all speak one manner formally. It’s like there’s this precedent for coworkers to all treat each other equally, thus establishing a dynamic from the beginning with unconventional power balance compared to Unicon where everyone’s dressed professionally and using different titles. I still wonder if Barro is any different than Unicon though when it comes to protecting their employees. I know Brian did everything in his power when BTM was the top keyword search, but I can’t help wondering if what makes these two company similar is their willingness to throw the employee under the bus for the sake of the company. 

I have a Korean colleague who is known by her English name to her students (we have an informal culture here, so students can address teachers by their first names). When I asked her why she doesn't use her Korean name, she says that it feels weird, because in Korea, a student would be a lot more formal addressing their teachers.

(According to what I understand from K-drama,) Korean society is very hierarchical, so one is addressed by their name AND title at work. Using just the first name is for people who are really close. Also, I believe that superiors are allowed to use informal language to their juniors, but not vice versa because of the hierarchy as well. Hence, to make it a less hierarchical, yet still respectful work environment, English names are adopted and formal speech is used by all.

14 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Anyway, because of that wistfulness, PM tells BTM that he had tried to recreate that first time that they were together, hoping to replace that earlier day that had mortified her so. And even though she had broken up with him, and he had decided to accede to her wishes, he can't quite let her go, walking her all the way to her door and complaining about how short her hallway is (when he had hoped it would be longer thus increasing their time together while he walked her to her door, at least). Then, even though he leaves and enters the lift, it's clear that he doesn't push the down button even once he's there, not able to bring himself to leave her floor yet. It continues to speak to his reluctance to leave her. So, he's still there in the lift when BTM changes her mind and goes after him. And he asks her explicitly if she wants him to stay, and he answers definitively. So, this does mark a turning point in their relationship where she has come after him this time, despite all of her reservations. And, I'm even okay with the kiss having a hesitant quality to it when it comes to BTM's side of it. Despite the fact that they had already been lovers once, this really is a new start to their relationship, especially to the physical side.

Thank you for redescribe everything, I do feel the same as you but can't write it out. Now after reading your post, I got eureka moment that finally I understand how to describe my thought of them. Please post often, I know the lines not even common in Kdrama, the story even too poetic but in millennial way. By understanding the context of their words and gestures will deepen my understanding. Once again, thank you dear @stroppyse, I love you for this. 

On 6/30/2019 at 4:36 AM, crispachu said:

I love this show - it kicks the Bechdel test's butt - the women don't just spend time sitting around talking about their boy problems - in fact, they spend most of the time talking about work! But that's just one kind of icing on this cake. There's also:

- hot man

- man who is thoughtful and directly communicative, and woman who is also thoughtful and directly communicative (what??)

- flipping gender tropes (love that she's the one eyeballing him)

- complex relationships (anyone get an almost non-platonic vibe between Scarlet and SGG?)

- smart women solving problems

- debate on complex issues such as privacy, work/professional ethics, views on marriage and relationships between women, men, with/without age differences, old-school vs. next-generation political power

My only beef is *sometimes* it is a little painstaking/repetitive (when it comes to the main leads). Hopefully after this we can move forward!

Well done, show! I hope they keep it up! I also hope they don't fall down and take the easy way out and just have her change her mind and decide she wants to marry him and have babies (barf). Don't get me wrong, I am married and have a child, but really, is that the only HEA?

I'm amused by the stereotype flipping too, whether it's about the work or relationship stuff! The female gaze was hilariously done! However, I enjoy the work stuff a lot more than the relationship between BTM and PM. The discussions about privacy, keywords, and how the internet search engines work were a lot more fascinating than the noona relationship, which doesn't quite bring anything new to the table. I also find the complex relationships between the women very true to life. It's very multi-faceted - you're not just a mentor, a friend, or a mother-in-law - all the obligations, guilt, gratitude and all sorts of other feelings all get tangled up into a giant box of cables and wires that can't be pulled apart.

“Search: WWW” Cast Members Show Off Their Bright Smiles Behind The Scenes

by U. Kim
0bd5f760d7434a6fb23c252831299ac1.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Search: WWW” has revealed behind-the-scenes photos of the main cast!

“Search: WWW” is receiving lots of praise for its solid plot, cinematography, and characters, which is possible due to the strong teamwork between cast members. The set was reportedly always full of laughter, as shown in the newly released photos.

Im Soo Jung plays Bae Ta Mi, the adventurous career woman who stops at nothing to achieve what she wants. Though she charismatically leads her scenes with her passion for acting, her signature lovely smile returns when the director yells, “Cut!” Jang Ki Yong, who plays the straightforward Park Mo Geon, never loses his smile.

more https://www.soompi.com/article/1335837wpp/search-www-cast-members-show-off-their-bright-smiles-behind-the-scenes

I simply love this show!! I can relate to so many situations and characters since I'm part of the corporate world myself. If anyone here thinks that these kinda situations don't happen in real life, you are so in for a shock because trust me they do. Life in corporate world is no lesser to a world war. It's full of corporate politics and propaganda

Anyways I used to go ga ga over the Tammy & Morgan but now I'm more keen on Scarlet & the actor lad. Scarlet turns to a different muggle when she's with him, it's darn cute. I think Scarlet has become my fav character of this show

I’m glad GG standing up from her mother in law. I think the mother in law was a little bit crazy. I don’t know why GG’s husband let his mother treat his wife like that, i mean he threw TM under the bus, saying it was to protect his wife. I think the husband also not in the right mind. Really good drama. The three women are awesome. I like their interaction a lot. I hope GG would become friends again with TM. Anyway i also like if they can tell TM and PMG’s past or family a little bit, so we can know how they become they are now. 

@philosophie said:-

Pardon my air headedness, but what does it even mean, this whole analogy or metaphor or whatever you call it about the fish tank? What do the leads mean when they bring up this figurative fish tank ?? 

My understanding of it is similar to, "Adding a notch on the bedpost", y'know that kind of thing.

As Ta-Mi has made it very clear that she's not committed to long term relationships, all the men she's involved with are just a fling hence that makes them a fish in her aquarium. Although Mo-Gan is obviously putting a stop to it.   

Seeing the Barro work environment reminds me of what I heard Google and other IT tech companies office buildings are like.

Yup.

I heard the staff at Google are allowed to bring along their pets to the workplace as well. I like that Brian is such a cool boss, not like those sexist jerks we often see in dramas.

Watch: Im Soo Jung And Jang Ki Yong Share Mint Candies And A Passionate Kiss In “Search: WWW” Making Video

by Y. Shin
feb397d393d846c68b972fa8d82ee1b5.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Search: WWW” has revealed a new behind-the-scenes video of its cast members!

The video begins with Lee Da Hee completing her scene and walking out of the room. She is suddenly stopped by staff members, and she laughs as she remarks, “One person needs my watch. Another needs my earphones. Fine! Have it all!”

Afterwards, the dramas main female leads Im Soo Jung, Lee Da Hee, and Jeon Hye Jin gather to shoot a scene. When Jeon Hye Jin’s stomach starts to make hilarious noises throughout the shoot, the other actresses begin laughing hysterically. Jeon Hye Jin shows her playful side when she argues, “It’s not me! My stomach’s full.”

Im Soo Jung later meets Lee Dong Wook, who acts perfectly as Bae Ta Mi’s ex-boyfriend. After he recites a line that reads, “It’s been just about six months since I’ve quit,” a director explains that instead of the Korean word baro meaning “just about” or “exactly,” Baro is actually the name of a company. After this realization, Lee Dong Wook laughs as he comments, “Oh, really?!”

The clip then turns to Jang Ki Yong and Im Soo Jung rehearsing a scene in which the actor runs out of an elevator to give her a passionate kiss. When the two face each other, Im Soo Jung cutely comments, “I’ll be up there soon,” as she has yet to wear her high heels. Jang Ki Yong then eats a candy given to him by Im Soo Jung, but he ends up coughing at how minty it tastes. She laughs as she says, “It’s so spicy, right? It’s like if you just squeezed tooth paste into your mouth.”

https://www.soompi.com/article/1336063wpp/watch-im-soo-jung-and-jang-ki-yong-share-mint-candies-and-a-passionate-kiss-in-search-www-making-video

Archived