Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] The Secret Life of my Secretary / I love you from the beginning, 초면에 사랑합니다

The various fake stuff besides a fake Veronica Park... :joy:

I appreciate how the Production Team made little effort like these to point back to the theme of real vs. fake.

Cardio (Cartio would be better... Cardio made me think of sports instead of bling-bling :P)

9jh1Pjr.png

Frada - Malano

iYhj2Ae.png

CUCCA

VXwQCaX.png

• Like 3
  • LOL 9

2 hours ago, reign84 said:

I have lots of thoughts, it's just that I don't know how to say them hahaha all I know is I'm really enjying the drama, it makes me laugh annoyed and frustrated at the same time :lol:

I lovee the scene with the fish tank, I find the moss balls like a representation of their individual feelings, when the moss ball start to float on Gal hee's side when she's taken aback and same with Dom's, and when the last moss ball float gal hee traces it then joined by Dom then bam they touched each other's hand, so they'll both gonna be there soon, two hearts will be one. Ahhh can't wait!!! 

And also I wonder why the the head sec says Gal Hee unlaatched the door, was it correct?

So the Uncle knew who that driver is? 

And Galhee's sister is not aound when she went to V's office it would be epic if they meet there kekke

Don't be serious everyone, just go with the flow and have fun while watching, and its Friday today so new bts coming soon? I hope :)

Refering to the fish tank.. loved your reference to the moss balls and the sequence of floatations. any thoughts on the emphasis of fish type at the vet's.... ie platinum vs gold and the significance of what DOM's father naming convention of "Arom".  I had a peculiar thought run through my mind in relation to Sec Lee's comment abt GH opening the "door" ...

• Like 7

Posted (edited)

@tinymel ~ so I am wondering whether to write this post as I don't want to spoil it for those who are enjoying the drama. I have been holding off as much as possible on writing about what bothers me about this drama. :sweatingbullets: putting it all in spoilers. 

Spoiler

so thanks for explaining the angle where you are coming from. :) so I get what you mean by farce but I am not someone who generally enjoys farce at all. I don't find it funny, just sad and weird.

so the scene in the funeral parlor where she is crying buckets is probably meant to be both funny and sad. except I found it distasteful to the dead, the act of mourning and the family that experienced the loss. now because it is a farce and comedy, I get that I am not supposed to take it seriously but my first gut reaction is a shake of the head. but because it is a comedy, I sort of close my eyes and try to ignore such reactions but it lessens my enjoyment of the drama.

@ktcjdrama ~ it isn't the deception per se that bothers me because I watch a lot of melos where there's all sorts of deceptions. for me, there is no acceptable motivation for the continued deception when she is well aware of the stakes. is she in physical danger of any kind? is her family being threatened by loan sharks? is she fueled by revenge and loyalty? nothing -- see, the first few weeks were totally fine because it started out as a harmless prank. but when she knows that his heart is getting involved and how he felt about the first secretary deceiving him, then the game should have been up.

so I get that this lie will eventually lead to character development but am not seeing character growth. she cries buckets of tears at the funeral and what does she do? goes home, sleeps and then meets veronica park the next day. why not meet min ik and take the time to confess before veronica park removes that opportunity? so her inability to step up and tell the truth makes her character seem weak, lacking honour, respect and unworthy to be with min ik. instead of cheering for her, part of me feels the pairing is not good for either of them and is not healthy in the long run. she goes out of the way to do things for him like a slave but is unable to tell him the truth or how she really feels about anything. so it feels like a relationship that will fail eventually. :ph34r:

now, because she hasn't told the truth, we have two business families talking marriage -- so we have money at stake, company management at stake, his business reputation at stake, veronica and dae ju's relationship that just started is already falling apart because dae ju thinks VP kind of dated min ik and min ik loves her, his relationship with his family at stake, his relationship with dae ju is at stake -- so many factors where min ik is vulnerable and in danger of looking like an utter fool -- so thats not protection. so yea, it is a comedy where we are not supposed to take it seriously but I am just not able to enjoy the drama fully because of these mixed feelings.

the drama would have been way more interesting and juicy if we had these two in forced proximity after she reveals the truth  but they are forced to work together -- she is awkward, frustrated and guilty whereas he is mad, angry and not trusting and in the midst of this, there's this crazy attraction and want. now that is a drama I would have loved! ^_^

Edited by Lmangla
putting in spoilers
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

Will the truth come out next week? 

Gal Hee lies become bigger and bigger. And it seems like there is no way out of it except to come clean with it. Will Dom knows first? Or will Gal hee confessing in front of him? And worst options,  will DOM knows abt this through third person? Anyway, whatever it is, heartbreaks, betrayals and guilty are the answers for all the options above. For sure, i am looking forward for it. I love angst and i am craving for it. 

However, given the tone of the drama, i might not get enough dose of angst. It's okay as i love all the feelings that this drama gives me. I love the butterflies, cuteness, frustrations, desperations, anticipations and annoyance that they gave me. To sum it up, i am enjoying the rides to the fullest. And all i can say, it is a fun ride. For now. 

• Like 7
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

This is a comedy genre

I do appreciate that  you have a different view.  However, the problem I have with this show is that the deception is Not funny.  It's painful.  And that stretches the notion of comedy way too far.

As I said, I'm glad that others are enjoying this show but nothing is gonna convince me that the Big Fat Lie is in anything other than agonizing.

• Like 4

I really enjoy this drama. Don’t care about lie as it gives a lot of fun plus this is not a real world, just drama world :grin:and chemistry between actors is really good:glasses:

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Spoiler

tumblr_pslqei9Q9E1tqza51o2_r1_540.gif

How is this man not a teenager??? not texting his girlfriend???? 

but a potential president of a corporation and only to his secretary ?????

checking his mother was looking at what he was doing ////

WHY IS HE SUCH A BABY??

I finally caught up with this week's episodes!! and boy, I couldnt stop laughing at Dom's and real VP's antics (why are rich ppl weird??) and, actually at everyone???  I really liked how he finally finds out more about Gal Hee's personal life and wanting the best for her, switching the earrings for her,  not holding her up at work and just kind wanna help her too. How he found out about her living condition, her blind brother when she's feeding him and realising that she's got a lot in her hands was really nice like finally, he's not gonna stay as a rich selfish baby brat without knowing the truth of ppl with lower SES. They did well in portraying the huge class difference in a very lighthearted manner.

I juuuuust wished he saw the true faces of the "twins", I wonder whats keeping the writer and PD from letting them reveal the truth later? I just hope it doesnt fall flat!!! I feel like Dom is kinda too dumb to figure out on his own... but I wish he really would.

Honestly, I just may not be able to stand it if by the end of next week's episode he hasn't found out jfkshfksd they're keeping the tension and suspense high. At the same time, fortunately (for me and the show) I've became a huge fan of the characters and KYK and JKJ I'm kind of relaxed to how theyre going to steer it to the end since it's really enjoyable for me to not miss!

Also GH's ironic moral compass is kinda making me pity her so badly, I hope VP would help her even tho she's also taking advantage of the situation for her own love... But because of that, VP got herself getting stood up and abandoned again cuz DJ is kind of the huge noble idiot here who's gonna let his precious wifey have everything and he won't even tell what's good for Dom because its Dom's choice jaksfhkjf and he doesn't want to get into a rivalry to step on Dom's desires 

Spoiler

She's the real comic relief tbh 

tumblr_psju6bAJj51skqgido1_1280.png

I also like how the show has been using a lot of background props and script to foreshadow and highlight the status quo and themes included in the premise.  Huge kudos to them not including PPL around because they mostly have made up brand names, I was kinda glad we're getting this like the old dramas and LOL the fake brands highlighted in these episodes and the juxtaposition between real and fake is goood, it makes Show into a light-hearted satire. Even about the Arowana fish- I wonder if his father treasured it so much even it's a super cheap fish because they wanted to parallel the fact that Dom can also treasure someone a lot despite of their social backgrounds and economic status, and to not treat someone lowly like a minion like Dom did to GH at the start.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

23 minutes ago, sn2111a said:

Even about the Arowana fish- I wonder if his father treasured it so much even it's a super cheap fish because they wanted to parallel the fact that Dom can also treasure someone a lot despite of their social backgrounds and economic status, and to not treat someone lowly like a minion like Dom did to GH at the start.

Great observation... I agree it could be so... Although I don’t really think the fish is super cheap :sweatingbullets:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

Great observation... I agree it could be so... Although I don’t really think the fish is super cheap :sweatingbullets:

hahaha oops i thought it was! i read the 10 000 dollars as won HSGSHAHS

• LOL 7

17 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

The various fake stuff besides a fake Veronica Park... :joy:

I appreciate how the Production Team made little effort like these to point back to the theme of real vs. fake.

Cardio (Cartio would be better... Cardio made me think of sports instead of bling-bling :P)

Frada - Malano

CUCCA

OMG! I didn't even realized that the brand name changed. Lol! Now I'm going to start paying attention to brand name shopping bags in other dramas. 

Like I know they cover up car brand, but I never paid attention to their shopping bags. Lol. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

20 minutes ago, blademan said:

...and the charade continues

Eeep! I *thought* that the sec in grey (from the preview) looked familiar!!! Even more excited now. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

5 hours ago, tinymel said:

Eeep! I *thought* that the sec in grey (from the preview) looked familiar!!! Even more excited now. 

This is gonna be great :lol:

• LOL 4

Posted (edited)

The BTS is just so damn cute! These two are are the only reason I'm watching the show.
The plot is practically non existent and DJ secretary's arc is probably the only thing I'm curious about. 
Their chemistry is on fire and they are adorable together (I hope they date later hihihihi :yum: ) 

Edited by kkddrraammaa
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2