[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

Okay I still can't move I thought we're just going to get a peck or a 3 seconds kiss but damn tvn did it again that was so long and intense why don't they just continue it to a bed scene hihihi *fangirl feels intensifies* 

se yeon already got stabbed once

:ph34r:

9 minutes ago, lightbringer06 said:

So it was right!!!...a double kiss?????funnygifsbox.com_2016-06-24_19-41-06.gif Bansai!!!!...I can finally sleep well tonight :blush:

Well she actually asked him if she can kiss him  (since he hesitated , she started pulling one of his arm and  ofc  kissing him ) 

after  she covered her face with the blanket ofc and he kissed her

It was a cute moment 

Haha! at everyone's reactions to THE KISS :wub: I'm going to try to be strong and not watch any clips and wait until I can watch at least the whole raw episode :lol:

In the meantime, i'm going to respond to @bebebisous33 interesting theory

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

@taeunfighting Right from the episode 3, it became clear to me that there was a third person helping OYC. Why? Because of this scene... (episode 3; 42:45)

Spoiler

SJU visits the place where OYC's father used to live. There, we hear from the villagers that the father was proud of his son because OYC became a doctor. Secondly, the father got upset, when OYC became the murder suspect of his wife. These remarks underline that the father would do anything for his son as he was his pride. Finally, we also hear that the father passed away 5 years ago.

Yet, from what we saw, the person revived by the abyss take the appearance of their soul. And here is my supposition: OYC took the form of his father. However, from what we saw, GSY took the appearance of LMD, although the latter is not dead. It is the same case for SJU. All this leads me to the conclusion that the body of OYC's father, GSY and CM are still alive, hidden somewhere... 

Strangely, SJU had no idea about the existence of the father, although he knew that OYC was his father. Another clue that SJU was linked to abyss appeared very early. Remember that the glass shone, when SJU came closer to CM at the hospital. The abyss recognized that SJU had been revived by the abyss and took the appearance of the chief prosecutor's son. That's why HJ can not recognize him as he doesn't look like her older brother, while HJ hasn't changed much. SJU has been observing HJ for a long time and knew who she was. 

In my opinion, the chief prosecutor is well aware that the actual prosecutor is not his son but he has been forced to acknowledged him as his son. I suspect that the chief prosecutor has been blackmailed. Remember OYC's words to the detective: he killed the husband who was abusing his wife. So maybe the chief prosecutor hurt his son and out of fear (scandal), he was proposed this deal: OYC's son would take the appearance of his own son. But the deal can not come from SJU nor from OYC. It looks like SJU has no idea how he came back to life, just like his father OYC. The latter only discovered its existence and power much later. Furthermore, SJU received a message about GSY and visited her grave where he discovered that it was empty. Back then, he had no idea and the sender of this message can not be OYC.

As conclusion, there is someone else working with OYC. Another clue for this theory is this scene from the episode 4:  The doctor makes the call and I doubt that it was SJU's phone number.  "You made a mistake which is very unusual of you". This is what the person over the phone said. The person seems to be well informed about the discovery: the fingerprint doesn't change. It happened right after the murder of CM therefore this person is working for the police or the prosecutor office. Then right after, the supposed body of CM was found. The DNA, the picture and the comparison of CM's jaw were quickly delivered. I doubt that SJU could have been able to have access to it. Besides, SJU declared to his official father that he never leaked any info to the media and this time, I have the impression that he was definitely telling the truth. From my point of view, all these evidences prove that this third person is pretty powerful and must be close to CM's family/business. OYC treats his daughter as a tool and this third person is acting like him, using people like his pawns. My theory is that the mastermind is OYC's father who is living under a different identity.  

On the other hand, OYC knew all along that SJU was his son hence he felt protected. Nevertheless, I doubt that SJU protected him as he loved him, I think, he was asked to take care of him (SJU's grandfather would be the perfect answer). But since OYC disliked his father (he claimed to be an orphan), this would explain why the other person never revealed his true identity. From my perspective, there has been a competition between OYC and SJU created by the grandfather/father: who will be the perfect murderer? Don't forget that both, father and son, are talking about murder as if it was a battle, a game: winning/losing.

To summarize, the third person is the mastermind and I have the impression that this person had two goals in mind: he wanted to find his true heir and secondly to become rich/powerful through his relatives (SJU/HJ). Furthermore, we shouldn't forget that there must be another abyss and the owner of the second abyss was the one who revived OYC's son.

And his original target was CM: the heir of Lan cosmetics... HJ got a new identity and was asked to marry CM. But because she feared for CM's life, she decided to run away and OYC was sent there to catch her before leaving the country.

Let me know what you think... 

First, of all i really admire the thought you have put into this.  Well done!

I agree with you there is a third accomplice. As you have pointed out there have been a few instances where it didn't seem like it was possible for either Seo or YC to be the culprits so I think you are on to something that there may be a third accomplice.  I don't know if it is the original grandfather YC because I think it is somebody younger.  Who was the person who took HJ away from the airport? Who was the person who nailed SY's coffin shut? The phonecalls YC makes? We still don't know what the strange phone calls and gifts that Seo was receiving at the start of the drama were about or who they were from either, do we?  Who planted the evidence on CM? and, again, as you pointed out Shady Seo was very adamant that he wasn't the one who leaked to the media either.

About Seo possibly having knowledge of the Abyss or even being a revived soul himself.  That is very interesting because a few of us wondered the same thing in the episode where he went to dig up SY's grave.  Because we wondered why he would even think to go and check on her body if he didn't know about the potential of her being brought back to life? 

I also agree the chief prosecutor knows Seo isn't his son and seems to be being blackmailed or under some sort of duress.  He definitely knows more about the history of the crimes and seems to be covering something up or covering for someone?

i'm not sure about HJ being used as bait specifically to get to CM as she has a track record of defrauding men and it was SY who introduced them.  I would think if she was aiming for CM specifically she would have gone for a more direct method than start working in his first love's chicken shop and hope SY would match-make them!

4 minutes ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:

Well she actually asked him if she can kiss him  (since he hesitated , she started pulling one of his arm and  ofc  kissing him ) 

after  she covered her face with the blanket ofc and he kissed her

It was a cute moment 

Yes...hahaha...just watched the clip and she did ask :D. I love how straightforward SY is. I always know she'll be the first to initiate it :wub:.

3 minutes ago, raziela said:

Haha! at everyone's reactions to THE KISS :wub: I'm going to try to be strong and not watch any clips and wait until I can watch at least the whole raw episode :lol:

In the meantime, i'm going to respond to @bebebisous33 interesting theory

First, of all i really admire the thought you have put into this and I agree with you there is a third accomplice. As you have pointed out there have been a few instances where it didn't seem like it was possible for either Seo or YC to be the culprits so I think you are on to something that there may be a third accomplice.  I don't know if it is the original grandfather YC because I think it is somebody younger.  Who was the person who took HJ away from the airport? Who was the person who nailed SY's coffin shut? The phonecalls YC makes? We still don't know what the strange phone calls and gifts that Seo was receiving at the start of the drama were about or who they were from either, do we?  Who planted the evidence on CM? and, again, as you pointed out Shady Seo was very adamant that he wasn't the one who leaked to the media either.

About Seo possibly having knowledge of the Abyss or even being a revived soul himself.  That is very interesting because a few of us wondered the same thing in the episode where he went to dig up SY's grave.  Because we wondered why he would even think to go and check on her body if he didn't know about the potential of her being brought back to life? 

I also agree the chief prosecutor knows Seo isn't his son and seems to be being blackmailed or under some sort of duress.  He definitely knows more about the history of the crimes and seems to be covering something up or covering for someone?

i'm not sure about HJ being used as bait specifically to get to CM as she has a track record of defrauding men and it was SY who introduced them.  I would think if she was aiming for CM specifically she would have gone for a more direct method than start working in his first love's chicken shop and hope SY would match-make them!

I can understand your objection, but SY is known to be CM's closest friend. If HJ had approached CM directly, the mother would have been suspicious. However, the fact that she was introduced to CM through GSY had an impact on CM's mother. The latter might have not really like HJ but since she knew GSY as a serious and honest person, she had less reason to doubt HJ's personality. Don't you find it weird the timing of GSY's murder too?

She was also killed, when she was showing some sign of "depression" after receiving the wedding invitation? SJU seemed to be very interested in her and her feelings all this time. First, we all thought, he was interested in her. But since he killed her, we can assume that he never really loved her. So why show so much interest in GSY's life/love life? The moment HJ called off the wedding, GSY had a second chance to see CM in a different light and confess her feelings for him. OYC killed HJ as he had no use of her. She represented a thread, yet why was she kept in the first place before her departure?  SJU could have had another reason to kill GYS, not just cover up the identity of the serial killer. Notice that SJU went to her place after OYC hurt her. So far, OYC has always been meticulous in his killing.

31 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

By the way guys is it just me or it's the first time I saw Cha Min wear a colorful clothes lol so far I can remember him weariny black and white only lol

No, you're right :D..it is the first time. First time wearing a casual one...ha ha.

The scene between CM and Hee jin(HJ) before Se yeon woke up in hospital

HJ:OPPA...How is unnie?Tbh I didn't knew it will go this far.I didn't have a choice, my mom was in danger.

CM:LEAVE!TAKE THIS AND LEAVE(money)...Tell me what you still need and I will send it to you.

HJ:OPPA

CM:You got close to me for a reason anyways...I will give you as much money you wish but please leave..Don't show in front of me and Se yeon again..Do you understand?

CM: BC OF YOU.. (a long sentence that I can't catch with my poor korean sorry ....)

HJ:Se yeon could've died the 2nd time.So please dissapear from my sight.Leave!LEAVE FAST!

SY:(*just woke up after the surgery*): Where she should go ?

(sorry for my mistakes too , it's the first time I  do this lol ...my korean and english aren't as good too)

All the respect to the recappers too like how you people can watch it and translate or SS it in the same time damn *even post here*( not talking about  lagging , or links don't work or just stop working in the middle of it)

I'm loving everybody's reactions.  Looks like the kiss didn't disappoint expectations :lol: 

3 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

By the way guys is it just me or it's the first time I saw Cha Min wear a colorful clothes lol so far I can remember him weariny black and white only lol

It is the first time.  Same for SY too because since she became Mi Do she only wears neutral colours (black, white, beige, brown, khaki). Maybe it's to reflect happiness or that they are finally in the same place with their feelings for each other :heart: 

2 hours ago, ᎷᏋᏝᎥ said:

The scene between CM and Hee jin(HJ) before Se yeon woke up in hospital

Thank you so much for translating.  It's appreciated!  Min got so angry at the end that he woke up SY!

2 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

I can understand your objection, but SY is known to be CM's closest friend. If HJ had approached CM directly, the mother would have been suspicious. However, the fact that she was introduced to CM through GSY had an impact on CM's mother. The latter might have not really like HJ but since she knew GSY as a serious and honest person, she had less reason to doubt HJ's personality. Don't you find it weird the timing of GSY's murder too?

She was also killed, when she was showing some sign of "depression" after receiving the wedding invitation? SJU seemed to be very interested in her and her feelings all this time. First, we all thought, he was interested in her. But since he killed her, we can assume that he never really loved her. So why show so much interest in GSY's life/love life? The moment HJ called off the wedding, GSY had a second chance to see CM in a different light and confess her feelings for him. OYC killed HJ as he had no use of her. She represented a thread, yet why was she kept in the first place before her departure?  SJU could have had another reason to kill GYS, not just cover up the identity of the serial killer. Notice that SJU went to her place after OYC hurt her. So far, OYC has always been meticulous in his killing.

I think you have explained your reasoning very well and I do agree with some of your points. For other parts I'm not sure how much of it is writing with intent and how much of it is just poor writing or directing lol! 

I do agree that SY introducing HJ was more likely to make Min's Mum accept her

I think the timing of SY's murder was because she was getting too close to figuring out the real killer. She had just gone to visit YC at the hospital and had dropped lots of hints to Shady Seo that she know who the killer was.

I also agree it is suspicious that he visited her home after YC and unusual YC wasn't as meticulous as usual in his murders.I thought YC kept HJ in case she might be useful and possibly the plan was already forming to frame Min for HJ's murder.  Or maybe YC was just being controlling because HJ dared to try to escape his control.  It would be so much simpler if HJ was just honest with them for once! 

I just don't see SJU making the emotional leap that just because CM was no longer engaged that would mean SY might suddenly realise her feelings for him when even SY herself hadn't considered it.

Archived