Quantcast
puppyjjang

[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

Watching episode 5: a bit confusing but ohhh unexpected twist at the end was good. I only dislike 

Spoiler

the scenes of physical violence of the bad guy hitting the mother, girl and grabbing her hair etc. I get that it is a flashback but they couldn’t have done to minimize it or shot in a better way.

• Like 4

On 5/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, lightbringer06 said:

Plotholes...again..haha...yes, it is indeed a new phone. And then she opened this 'Secondhand World', probably a blog of hers? since it says 'My Post' as well. But then, how did YC even know it was her who asked the question...unless, he's been keeping an eye on it. I also hate it when the writer just throws things just for, as you say, plot convenience, giving YC the upper hand. I think for now, some of our questions are due to the writing but hoping all of them gets answered nonetheless.

Yes, that scene was so stupid as was the scene where she went to meet him alone..at night..in the deserted park.  Or SY just running off alone at the end of episode 6 as if YC wouldn't just kill her anyway. Or CM following YC alone to a secluded area of the hospital with no cameras so YC can conveniently kill him :rolleyes:

On 5/23/2019 at 3:57 PM, lightbringer06 said:

Ep 6 is my fave episode thus far. I enjoyed it and probably also why the ratings went back up from 2% to 3%. Because as most of you pointed out, we get to see CM work as the heir to his company and how smart he is actually. It was actually refreshing to see. Also, I absolutely love how courageous SY is facing YC despite being in a dangerous situation, mostly because of PBY's acting, I mean, did you see how those tears are just like naturally flowing from her eyes like a river. No doubt, she's so good with these types of scenes. 

Spoiler

Looks like SY will start to fall for Min now :rolleyes:. She was so smitten by him while he was speaking on his phone (who wouldn't? :D) and even lied to him that the reception in the other room is bad..ha ha..The dinner also is so sweet and heartbreaking for SY. I love how CM is so attentive of her, of what she likes, he knows her very well. Indeed, explaining to her family she is alive will be prolly be tough but perhaps in the end they'll accept it. Also, I too really like the taxi scene. 

It seems to me that YC and Seo is playing a game of who wins and who losses. Basing from his childhood, he should hate his father. But now that we know he was there when SY died, his motive is in question. Agree with @greezlybee, he might just be using YC for his own agenda. Yes, he might be jealous of SY so he wants her dead but not sure if that's solely the reason for him to get rid of her. He didn't do the actual killing because YC did it, but he was still there for God knows why and then put the blame on CM. Still wondering why he would work with his father he supposedly hate. Now, we don't know if Seo will be the main villain from now on that YC is in prison, however he still holds the Abyss. 

I just hope they continue the good pacing from ep 6. This drama still has the potential to be better. If only they started this out on a lighter note, instead of a serial killer plot, like if they kept that mystery until perhaps the end, this could have gone way better. But again, I'm not the writer so all I can do is just complain...lol..the actors are the ones keeping this drama going.

It was really great to see the ratings rise again too! :) Very true about how much more enjoyable and better paced episode 6. Just as so many of us said the drama should have maintained the tone of Episode 6 (and earlier episode 2) lighter and focused on our leads, their relationship and new circumstances and the mystery as a sub-plot and it would have had a much better audience response. I agree the killer sub-plot should have been gradually built up in the background to lead to some suspense and surprises in the later part of the drama. Let's hope the writer and director harness the strengths of episode 6 for the upcoming episodes to improve the drama. I agree about PBY's crying scenes particularly (for me) when she was by her mother's bedside :tears: It is so true that the actors have been the saving grace that keep us coming back. 

17 hours ago, stella77 said:

Watching episode 5: a bit confusing but ohhh unexpected twist at the end was good. I only dislike 

Hide contents

the scenes of physical violence of the bad guy hitting the mother, girl and grabbing her hair etc. I get that it is a flashback but they couldn’t have done to minimize it or shot in a better way.

I agree about the physical violence.  I feel like a lot of complaints of the violence should also be at the director-not just the writer.  He doesn't have to film the scenes so graphically.  The scenes can still have impact without being shot so brutally or to keep repeating them.  

Let us know what you think about episode 6!

7 hours ago, adqu said:

:lol: Ha!  Thanks for the BTS! Hyo Seop actually looks pretty cute in that still with the wig on. I didn't realise it was actually him in the mortuary scenes. I thought it was a double or a mannequin. I'm claustrophobic so the idea of filming that freaks me out. I'm glad they didn't close the door. :ph34r:

• Like 4

lee kwang soo sent a coffee truck to bo young and si eon :lol:

• Like 6

i just noticed she wiped his sweat off :lol:

img.gif

they have a cute chemistry, i wish it will be explored more :(

• Like 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, raziela said:

Ha!  Thanks for the BTS! Hyo Seop actually looks pretty cute in that still with the wig on. I didn't realise it was actually him in the mortuary scenes. I thought it was a double or a mannequin. I'm claustrophobic so the idea of filming that freaks me out. I'm glad they didn't close the door. :ph34r:

Ha ha..if I were him, I wouldn't even want to sleep in that..even if you pay me :D.

1 hour ago, adqu said:

I didn't realize it too until someone pointed out in IG and when I looked carefully, she did!^^ AHS seemed somewhat shy when she did that, and trying to reach the hand that wiped it but PBY just brushes him off :rolleyes:. They're so cute ~~~

• LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, lightbringer06 said:

Ha ha..if I were him, I wouldn't even want to sleep in that..even if you pay me :D.

Was that a real morgue like omg??!! I thought they staff made it because if it's real my goodness there's no way I'll lie in that lol

• LOL 4

4 hours ago, adqu said:

That is a super adorable BTS of the two. Thanks!! At first, I thought AHS was looking at his pretty self in a hand mirror, but it's just a fan :lol:.

I would really love it if there happens to be a kiss scene somewhere down the line :wub:, but I'll be happy if we simply got more cute chemistry throughout the rest of the drama...please!

• LOL 3

3 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

Was that a real morgue like omg??!! I thought they staff made it because if it's real my goodness there's no way I'll lie in that lol

Who knows if it was real or a built one only. You should check out the BTS for He is Psychometric. Jinyoung from GOT7 was put in one, too.

I thought they use a dummy, but then I saw Cha Min all makeup and slept under there, man! I can't do it. It's too scary. Lol.

• LOL 3

6 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I would really love it if there happens to be a kiss scene somewhere down the line :wub:, but I'll be happy if we simply got more cute chemistry throughout the rest of the drama...please!

I have a strong feeling we will get one...and more :rolleyes:. This is TVN so I believe we will have those :D..just as long as they pick up the pace in the romance department faster!...XD.

@jasminssiii @turtle0217 Ha ha ha..we're all scaredy cats when it comes to morgues :joy:.

• LOL 3

Thanks for the gif @adqu^_^

9 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

That is a super adorable BTS of the two. Thanks!! At first, I thought AHS was looking at his pretty self in a hand mirror, but it's just a fan :lol:.

Hahaha!  I thought the same thing at first about a hand mirror :lol:

Thanks for the stills @lingx2

Is it too much wishful thinking to hope that will be the only scene with Young Chul lol? 

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

8 hours ago, raziela said:

Is it too much wishful thinking to hope that will be the only scene with Young Chul lol? 

Definitely not! :D I just want him gone for good..ha ha...I need the OTP more. Just wishing that he'll not escape prison coz then.. we'll be back to square one. I would hate that. Curious, tho, what he meant by planning the wildest things with the Abyss, them revived by it.

• Like 2

hyo seop filming earlier today

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Definitely not! :D I just want him gone for good..ha ha...I need the OTP more. Just wishing that he'll not escape prison coz then.. we'll be back to square one. I would hate that. Curious, tho, what he meant by planning the wildest things with the Abyss, them revived by it.

LOL! Right? Tired of him wasting screen time that should go to our OTP!

I don't get that part either: reviving people is the opposite of killing people. What possible benefit could there be for him?  I'm not looking forward to his plan whatever it is and why, oh, why does he even still have the marble?:angry:

10 hours ago, adqu said:

hyo seop filming earlier today

Thanks @adqu but the picture appears to have been removed :(

• Like 1

I'm just rewatching episode 6 and I love Cha Min's relationship with his Nanny/Auntie (not sure what the correct translation is).  It's so cute and she is so adorable especially when they had their little fist bump and then he gave her a big hug because he was so excited to be eating yummy homemade food again :lol:

• Like 2

Lee Kwang Soo's Coffee Truck for Lee Si Eon and Park Bo Young

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, raziela said:

Thanks for the stills! Looks like OTP are doing some detective workB) :w00t:

From the header of the article, it seems like SY found the proof that YC has a son from the photo?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1