Quantcast
puppyjjang

[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

Posted (edited)

Rewatched the first 6 episodes last week to sort out all the mess in my head. Still many unresolved.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but I went to check the sequence of colours of Abyss so far. They are actually according to the order of the rainbow colours. Red (used on YC) > orange (used on SY) > yellow (HJ) > green (landlady) > blue (CM). We're left with two more uses (indigo and violet) but I can't confirm if actually the landlady used both green and blue because Abyss looked indigo before it was used on CM. Seems like there will be limited uses and our dear crystal ball will only tell you this rule just right before it's about to disappear for good.

I'm thinking SJU couldn't have been together with YC when killing SY as it was old YC at that time while SJU only figured out old YC is actually YC after doing some investigative work when the neighbours said the father died years ago. He must have received the 'gift' from YC containing the photo of SY's neck wound (it's their way of communicating before SJU gave his phone number to YC by way of blocking his car outside the hospital), and SJU just went to check in and see if SY was really dead but turns out she was still breathing.

Not sure about who nailed the coffin. I thought it must be YC since he gave SY's bracelet to HJ, and also he sent a 'gift' to SJU telling him there's no body in the coffin before SJU went to dig it up. But somehow YC didn't know SY was alive? and had to check with HJ on who else the Abyss revived.

DC-MD and CM-SY in the house yesterday! Too much cuteness from these four. Hope nothing bad will happen to them :unsure:

Edited by Yu Hui Ng
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, crystaltears said:

ohh I just noticed now Jung So Min/Seo In Guk's cameo was because this drama's the same director of The Smile Has Left Your Eyes? 

Yes, same director :D.

The low rating is quite unfortunate but perhaps, as someone said, due to some dramas finishing and another drama starting. 8 eps more to go. I also hope PBY and AHS don't get discouraged by it esp. AHS coz it's his first lead and PBY already mentioned how worried he is. 

With regards to Seo, glad that everyone thinks that son really looks like him. That's my first thought as well when they first showed him. Idk if they used the same actor as Seo to throw us off but it does look like him. The real question now is Seo's motive. If he really hates his father YC, why get involved with him in the first place? I know YC threatened him with his status and if he wants to continue to live as Seo Cheon-sik's son, he has to do his biddings. Why was he even adopted if he has a real father? Was it done purposely? Perhaps by YC?

Now, idk about YC, not sure if he's simply a lunatic or a psycho. We still don't know his motives as well or what actually drives him to kill people. We know he's an abusive man. But his logic of he saves lives tenfold than those he kills is just twisted. Just because someone gets in his way or because he doesn't like them, he kills them. I was really hoping that Seo won't be an actual villain but the way it's going, not a chance. They really are now,  like father, like son. Guess blood really is thicker than water...lol.. Ugh, I just hate how this drama, like, revolves around the mysteries of these villains instead of the MCs.

Now, for our OTP :wub:...really love jealous Cha Min :D...while stuffing his mouth with food..ha ha..

Abyss-Episode-08-1.gif

This "triangle jealousy" (if that's even a word :P) between CM, DC, and MD is too cute...

Abyss-Episode-08-2.gif

And of course, first off, let me just thank the director for the 40-sec kiss :heart: (yes, I timed it :rolleyes: not including the shot where their faces weren't shown^^). That was really long...ha ha...wonder if they did more beyond kissing :blush:

So when SY said, "then can I treat you like I did before, the way I had treated you before you met Hee Jin", I'm curious what the difference is. Maybe she avoided intimate or physical relationship with him when he and HJ were together? I know CM said, is there even a difference, just curious. Coz like, after confirming his feelings towards HJ, that's what made her so boldly to ask him to kiss :D.

• Like 7
  • Love 4

Wow I shouldn't be reading all these posts at 4am when I'm half asleep still but here I am doing so. 

@mskk1354 thank you for the screenshot! Now I do see the resemblance! 

Now it's definitely possible shady Seo couldn't see the abyss ball because it isn't the same one he was revived by. 

But then I had another thought and correct me if I'm wrong on this...but if shady Seo was revived and looks nothing like his former self, then how come YC recognizes him as his son? Shouldn't YC instead be like HJ and unable to recognize him? Unless YC hadn't seen Seo since he was a child so he wouldn't know what his adult self looks like? Am I being clear with this thought? I just don't know. Maybe I should go back to bed lol. 

I also like the idea of the abyss ball having limited number of usages. YC thinks he can never die cuz he has the ball that will always revive him. But I'd sure like the ball to run out of life right when YC going to need it for himself ha ha. Then again I don't see how YC would need it for himself unless he escapes prison. But I don't see that happening (although in kdrama land it sometimes does hmmm). Which begs the question, what will happen with the abyss ball then. Cuz surely we aren't done with it. 

Anyways...this show...ooof

• Like 5

2 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Now, for our OTP :wub:...really love jealous Cha Min :D...while stuffing his mouth with food..ha ha..

You know how I love talking about the OTP and I'm getting more excited if more peeps keep fueling it with lots of loves. Yes, I noticed that too! The annoyed expression he has while munching his food. That was fun to see SY teased the guys. Hahaha. 

And of course, first off, let me just thank the director for the 40-sec kiss :heart: (yes, I timed it :rolleyes: not including the shot where their faces weren't shown^^). That was really long...ha ha...wonder if they did more beyond kissing 

Hahaha.... you bet! I wonder will SY fall asleep after that. She asked CM to stay by her side until she sleeps. 

So when SY said, "then can I treat you like I did before, the way I had treated you before you met Hee Jin", I'm curious what the difference is. Maybe she avoided intimate or physical relationship with him when he and HJ were together? I know CM said, is there even a difference, just curious. Coz like, after confirming his feelings towards HJ, that's what made her so boldly to ask him to kiss :D.

I expect that they will give us another flashback of the two. I also wonder what is the difference. She confirmed him that she did treat him differently before. 

Gosh... when Monday comes???

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

They really look so good together I want more content like this with them :wub: Their personalities match well since Ahn Hyoseop is so shy and nervous all the time and Park Boyoung is confident and talkative as always.

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

That was a really beautiful kiss.

I like that it happened on a bed, and how the camera slowly 

moved away.

The whole scene was warm and cozy. :wub:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

Looking that video earlier ago. No matter how they got those eccentric stuffs on them, they still look gorgeous. It makes me remember the times when I had to wear weird things for my university orientation. That was really embarrassing for my case. LOL

I want more of them! 

• LOL 3

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, adqu said:

tvn said they'll release the bts of the kiss once the YOUTUBE video gets to 300k views... except they're completely stupid and careless and forgot that all abyss content aside from episode teasers is blocked in most countries, so it'll never get there :rolleyes: they should release it later this week either way i guess, but like... make it make sense, tvn. :phew:

anyway, if it somehow isn't blocked for you....

at least the one on naver is at +130k already: https://tv.naver.com/v/8541465/

I really want to see the making of this scene and since tvn blocked this video in my country I can't contribute to the views so what I did is that I installed a vpn and change the country to south korea so I'll be able to access the video and it worked. It has only 39k views for now huhu if only it wasn't blocked from most countries we would've get the making already lol international fans are wild af. So if you want to watch it just download unlimited vpn on playstore and apply for a free trial just cancel it before the trial ends so you won't have to pay anything then change the country to south korea and you can watch the video on youtube now..

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

I really want to see the making of this scene and since tvn blocked this video in my country I can't contribute to the views so what I did is that I installed a vpn and change the country to south korea so I'll be able to access the video and it worked. It has only 39k views for now huhu if only it wasn't blocked from most countries we would've get the making already lol international fans are wild af. So if you want to watch it just download unlimited vpn on playstore and apply for a free trial just cancel it before the trial ends so you won't have to pay anything then change the country to south korea and you can watch the video on youtube now..

You really want to watch the BTS :lol: 

Most K-viewers watch clips on Naver TV. Majority of international viewers use YouTube but they have blocked most international viewers from watching the clips on YT so I don't know where they think the 300k views will come from:huh: tvN really didn't think this one through. I share @adqu 's frustration. They just keep messing up with the negligent promo :rolleyes:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

You know how I love talking about the OTP and I'm getting more excited if more peeps keep fueling it with lots of loves. Yes, I noticed that too! The annoyed expression he has while munching his food. That was fun to see SY teased the guys. Hahaha. 

I expect that they will give us another flashback of the two. I also wonder what is the difference. She confirmed him that she did treat him differently before. 

When it comes to OTPs I like, I cannot not talk about them :D. Hope to see more of those moments in the upcoming eps^^. Yes, a flashback would be a good one. Wonder why that flashback of their high school days wasn't shown on TV, but glad that Netflix did. I just wish they explored more the relationship between SY and CM and their 20-year friendship so that somehow the romance doesn't feel too rushed, I blame it on the focus on the killings too much...sigh. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, raziela said:

You really want to watch the BTS :lol: 

Most K-viewers watch clips on Naver TV. Majority of international viewers use YouTube but they have blocked most international viewers from watching the clips on YT so I don't know where they think the 300k views will come from:huh: tvN really didn't think this one through. I share @adqu 's frustration. They just keep messing up with the negligent promo :rolleyes:

I know right it already reached 200k in naver tv. I've read some comments on youtube from knetz and they were like "faster people watch the clip" "Give me the making video" "Why is it taking long to get 300k views" and I was like because tvn blocked it so international fans can't help lol. I understand that they blocked maybe netflix told them to for copy rights but can't they make and exception hihi or just lower down the number :D

• Like 3

6 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

oh yeah, vpn for sure helps!! but most people are iffy about vpn for obvious reason, so i guess most will pass on this one... it's up to the koreans now to get it to 300k lol

4 hours ago, raziela said:

a lot of comments on navertv asking for the behind the scenes! i'm sure they'll upload it at some point but 300k is such a ridiculous number to ask considering the copyright situation. they usually release the bts video on saturday, so let's hope they'll be nice and include the kiss.

tvn didn't even post a single clip from this thursday's episode on sns, only the teaser for next week :phew: not even some stills. meanwhile, it took them like half an hour to drop her private life content after their episode aired... and i bet they will release HPL bts before abyss lol i mean, good for that drama's fans i guess, but it sucks for us that tvn doesn't even try to hide their bias lol

• Like 2
  • Angry 1
  • Sad 1

22 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

- ...when she was scheming and texting the other person, was she texting shady Seo directly or was she texting the 3rd guy who was then texting shady Seo? And doesn't she know shady Seo is her brother and a prosecutor right? I am all kinds of lost on their relationship - knowledge of one another etc. 

- Shady Seo was the one who took HJ's mom right? ... And also I guess HJ's mom is not his mother then. So even though she doesn't share blood with YC, he might still. Oh and also, speaking of the car crash, how did they get out before it crashed? In the preview it looks like CM and SY and maybe HJ are going back to that tunnel....maybe to look for clues. 

- so it appears Shady Seo is the one who "did in" SY after she was stabbed by YC. But I still don't see his motives. Purely to outshine his father or workplace jealousy or what ? He's really becoming an evil one isn't he? 

- the 3rd guy...his backstory...little confused. So he was facing murder charges and in order to get out of them, he agreed to stab SY for shady Seo? But it seemed like after the stabbings, the dude was acting like it was the first time he stabbed anyone since he threw up and all. So it was weird that he was supposed to already be a murderer right?

- so when they find the 3rd guy dead of "suicide" are they going to think it's all over, case closed ? How will they realize there's still one more (Shady Seo) out there. ! 

i'll try to answer some questions too but, tbh, I have a lot of the same questions as you so I can barely answer any. (I just copied the questions I'm responding to because my whole post was getting too long):lol:

- I'm sure HJ was texting Shady Seo because he was the one who went to MD's apartment to verify too. It seems like she doesn't know who he is now so I think they lost contact growing up but he has kept some kind of tabs on her which is easy given his profession and her criminal track record

- Shady was the person who took the mother. I think they have different parents because it said YC was married three times but it seems like HJ's mother was the only one who was around when he was growing up so may be he has a soft spot for her.  I do not understand how they got out the car either.  Hope that's explained.

- Shady killed her but who no idea of his motives right now.

- I think the third guy was charged with assaulting with a blunt weapon but it seemed like he isn't a killer naturally and was pretty desperate and wanted to look after his grandmother so I don't think he was ~evil~ just a desperate puppet who Shady was taking advantage of.

- I think that's what Shady is hoping.  No one can connect him besides the dead guy and YC.  But, hopefully, our good guys don't fall for it.

18 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

I really liked the scene with CM, SY, MD, DC and even HJ all hanging out in the same room together. It's nice seeing SY and MD friendly with each other. Despite how much MD disliked SY in the past, she wouldn't wish death upon her and was upset at learning about her murder. I'm glad she is willing to help SY and be a part of their master plan. MD and DC are definitely made for each other LOL. I now understand why DC treated SY so cutely while thinking she was really MD. I felt bad for HJ just by herself in the background, but SY was shown to be the bigger person and kindly included her.

Yes!  I love that they have a little crime fighting team now! No sympathy from me for HJ! I love that CM was just completely ignoring her - he wouldn't even look in her direction :P

18 hours ago, greezlybee said:

THIS IS BY FAR THE BEST EPISODE! Not merely because of the long awaited kiss (don't get me wrong, the kiss makes this episode way more fun), but knowing the fact that detective Park and MD finally learns the truth. It'll be easier for them to catch Seo now.

Great post and, thank you, for those fantastic gifs and pics. I loved PBY peering over the covers with her big eyes AHS is soooo handsome :wub: 

16 hours ago, Yu Hui Ng said:

Rewatched the first 6 episodes last week to sort out all the mess in my head. Still many unresolved.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this before, but I went to check the sequence of colours of Abyss so far. They are actually according to the order of the rainbow colours. Red (used on YC) > orange (used on SY) > yellow (HJ) > green (landlady) > blue (CM). We're left with two more uses (indigo and violet) but I can't confirm if actually the landlady used both green and blue because Abyss looked indigo before it was used on CM. Seems like there will be limited uses and our dear crystal ball will only tell you this rule just right before it's about to disappear for good.

Spoiler

I'm thinking SJU couldn't have been together with YC when killing SY as it was old YC at that time while SJU only figured out old YC is actually YC after doing some investigative work when the neighbours said the father died years ago. He must have received the 'gift' from YC containing the photo of SY's neck wound (it's their way of communicating before SJU gave his phone number to YC by way of blocking his car outside the hospital), and SJU just went to check in and see if SY was really dead but turns out she was still breathing.

Not sure about who nailed the coffin. I thought it must be YC since he gave SY's bracelet to HJ, and also he sent a 'gift' to SJU telling him there's no body in the coffin before SJU went to dig it up. But somehow YC didn't know SY was alive? and had to check with HJ on who else the Abyss revived.

DC-MD and CM-SY in the house yesterday! Too much cuteness from these four. Hope nothing bad will happen to them :unsure:

Thanks for the colours recap for the Abyss. That reminds me we still have 2 (or is it 3?) more rules to find out about the Abyss.

Your post has made me all confused and thinking about so many scenes again! Now you mention the bracelet then I assume it was YC who nailed the coffin but, like you said, why didn't he realise she was still alive? Was he also the one sending the "gifts" to Shady Seo? We saw this episode the blue box contained a picture of them as a family. Still confused about the screaming phonecalls too.

14 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

And of course, first off, let me just thank the director for the 40-sec kiss :heart: (yes, I timed it :rolleyes: not including the shot where their faces weren't shown^^). That was really long...ha ha...wonder if they did more beyond kissing :blush:

LOL!  You timed the kiss! :kiss_wink: I don't think they did anything else because SY is still injured and CM is such a gentleman:heart:

Yes, I want to know the difference of how he treated her differently,  I suppose he wasn't following her around all the time and doing everything she said.  Even though she pretended to be relieved, she actually missed it.

6 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

When it comes to OTPs I like, I cannot not talk about them :D. Hope to see more of those moments in the upcoming eps^^. Yes, a flashback would be a good one. Wonder why that flashback of their high school days wasn't shown on TV, but glad that Netflix did. I just wish they explored more the relationship between SY and CM and their 20-year friendship so that somehow the romance doesn't feel too rushed, I blame it on the focus on the killings too much...sigh. 

Same!  Such an interesting long time relationship, gorgeous talented leads with great chemistry but the drama wanted to focus on killings instead. *sigh* I would love more flashbacks.  I love the insight into their relationship and backstory but considering tvN cut that adorable flashback for no good reason I don't know if we will get any more.

12 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

They really look so good together I want more content like this with them :wub: Their personalities match well since Ahn Hyoseop is so shy and nervous all the time and Park Boyoung is confident and talkative as always.

:D Thank you!  This was so much fun and too cute!  I really enjoy these two together on and offscreen:)

• Like 3
  • Love 2

17 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

So when SY said, "then can I treat you like I did before, the way I had treated you before you met Hee Jin", I'm curious what the difference is. Maybe she avoided intimate or physical relationship with him when he and HJ were together? I know CM said, is there even a difference, just curious. Coz like, after confirming his feelings towards HJ, that's what made her so boldly to ask him to kiss :D.

I think se yeon liked cha min even before he became handsome maybe she wasn't able to express her feelings for some reasons and decided to pair him with another woman. Maybe se yeon felt like cha min doesn't deserve her or she values their friendship more and is afraid to lose it if ever she tells her feelings

• Like 4

I enjoy this drama! The latest episode was entertaining. I laughed hard during the prosecutor Go hospital scene. It's intense yet entertaining.

• Like 3

Have nothing to add to the plot comments. I went from ep 1 to do 5 to 8. And if you guys are confused re the deaths or number of deaths there's no point backtracking.

I've had sick kids over the weekend plus coming down with it myself. That Is why I missed about a whole week of 4 Kdramas.

And the reason for this PPL comment. I normally just cringe and move on. But seeing a whole spread of Subway sandwiches. Plus drinks. And a female lead who just had surgery is just nuts.

Which person do you know who is recovering from illness loves Subway? I was already nauseated from my illness and wanted to throw up seeing that spread. 

Can we have some Korean food chain PPL please? Or some jook?

Stupid Subway. Do I need to Google to see how much profit Subway has in S Korea? Or that the marketing team for Subway have a great time schmoozing their way through all the production companies.

I shudder recalling CM chomping on that dried bread roll. Or slurping the soft drinks. I am sure the actors would prefer something else.

It may have put countless actors off Subway after hours of filming and eating it. Shudder.

• LOL 4

@ck1Oz you made me laugh with your Subway rant. I wouldn't eat Subway here in the U.S. personally, but I wonder if Subway in S.K. is different and better? Cause you know sometimes I see commercials for Dominoes or McDonalds on Korean TV and think, wow, that looks better than the food they serve at those restaurants here in the U.S. Lol I dunno. Can anyone enlighten us?

Also I think Subway is #1 fast food worldwide. Or I heard that maybe some time. So maybe it is quite popular in S.K. after all. 

• Like 3

20 hours ago, jasminssiii said:

I think se yeon liked cha min even before he became handsome maybe she wasn't able to express her feelings for some reasons and decided to pair him with another woman. Maybe se yeon felt like cha min doesn't deserve her or she values their friendship more and is afraid to lose it if ever she tells her feelings

From the flashback it seems like she always kind of liked him but I guess for a good looking, popular girl she was too superficial that she liked the chubby, ugly guy.  I think you aright she was by her side all these years so maybe she might lose him if they dated because judging by the list of boyfriend he listed in episode 2 she dated a lot lmao :lol:

7 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

Have nothing to add to the plot comments. I went from ep 1 to do 5 to 8. And if you guys are confused re the deaths or number of deaths there's no point backtracking.

I've had sick kids over the weekend plus coming down with it myself. That Is why I missed about a whole week of 4 Kdramas.

And the reason for this PPL comment. I normally just cringe and move on. But seeing a whole spread of Subway sandwiches. Plus drinks. And a female lead who just had surgery is just nuts.

@ck1Oz Hope you and the kids are feeling better :) Sorry to cut your post but your subway rant made me laugh so much :lol:

5 hours ago, turtlegirl said:

@ck1Oz you made me laugh with your Subway rant. I wouldn't eat Subway here in the U.S. personally, but I wonder if Subway in S.K. is different and better? Cause you know sometimes I see commercials for Dominoes or McDonalds on Korean TV and think, wow, that looks better than the food they serve at those restaurants here in the U.S. Lol I dunno. Can anyone enlighten us?

Also I think Subway is #1 fast food worldwide. Or I heard that maybe some time. So maybe it is quite popular in S.K. after all. 

I wonder that too.  Sometimes I see the ads for the Korean and Japanese fast food and they look a 10 million times better than the same chains here in the UK

Apparently The Swoon took down the amazing Ring or Bling video from YouTube.  Why?:cry: 

• Like 2