[Drama 2019] Abyss, 어비스

puppyjjang

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hee jin reaction when CM mom told her she knows she was faking the pregnancy ...Like CM knows and still loves her good joke ...Well she wants to stay there till she dound her mom ,still saying CM loves her  it's kinda too much

CM mom is really something doing a background check on Se Yeon ,but in the end she seems okay with her son  liking her even after she was told Mi Do was dating someone for years before leaving for USA (well that's Mi do not Se Yeon but ofc they won't know that fast )

It's good Se Yeon mom realise Mi Do is similar with her daughter ,but ig is too early for her to catch who she is (even if she called her Mom a lot in this episode)

Her father seems totally clueless still

I love how cha min is so clueless and dumb about going in to a relationship. Yes he knows so much about love but he doesn't know what to do with it lol. I love their romantic scenes in tonight's episode it is so cute and they're slowly working on it. Se yeon is so indenial about her feelings and cha min teasing her with that smile. When Hyoseop was shouting in the dream scene I suddenly remember Yoo Chan hahaha. I also noticed they used different songs in the car scene. In the tvn broadcast they used the song by lee seunggi "will you marry me" but in netflix it was different. I hope the balance like in this episode will continue. 

I had a really good laugh for the first 10 minutes and the progress of CM and SY's relationship is nicely done!

32 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

I love how cha min is so clueless and dumb about going in to a relationship. Yes he knows so much about love but he doesn't know what to do with it lol.

Your explanation describes CM perfectly hahaha!

A few things about episode 9:

-Every time CM looks at SY with his soft smile and glimmering eyes... (then wrote "first kiss with SY" lol) I MELT. 

-I don't get why SY didn't tell her mom about her real identity in the first place. Her mom will definitely not believe her in an instant but will be convinced with how she acts. Even when she thought SY is not SY, she said SY really feels like SY. I wished she told her the truth before helping her outttt grrr! (But I really love this scene, SY treats her parents in a very good way.)

-When HJ yelled on SY... gosh, she really needs to go. She is so self-centered and just want to get what she wants! I get how devastating it is for her regarding the disappearance of her mother but she crossed the line way too many times. I can tolerate what she did on the previous episodes but this time, I really want her to go. (Again, she holds an important key to the case so she won't be out of the picture. *sigh*)

-It's time for me to call him SHADY SEO. I somehow hate him more than OYC because I still tiptoe around Shady Seo's motives. He is amazingly clever and devious by disguising himself. Based on the preview of next episode, I'm certain that SY is safe and Shady Seo is called in to question so he's now labeled as the bad man. But then OYC... haish, I'm getting sicker every time I see him on the screen. Can't y'all just leave CM and SY to take a break and let them fall in love then proceed the chasing around as a couple? lol.

42 minutes ago, greezlybee said:

-I don't get why SY didn't tell her mom about her real identity in the first place. Her mom will definitely not believe her in an instant but will be convinced with how she acts. Even when she thought SY is not SY, she said SY really feels like SY. I wished she told her the truth before helping her outttt grrr! (But I really love this scene, SY treats her parents in a very good way.)

She said in earlier episodes that she will eventually tell her parents but not for now since her murderer is still out there. She doesn't want her parents to get involved too much. Because if her parents will know about her they may do something that might endanger all of them.

Thanks for the updates @lingx2

Great episode today as @jasminssiii and @greezlybee there was a very nice balance in this episode and I hope it can continue.  Lots of humour, relationship development, really liked the scenes of SY visiting her Mum and helping out in the fried chicken shop.  I love how CM is totally in love with SY and how SY is totally in denial. The scene with the balloons was hilarious:lol:  I also was not expecting the flashback to be a dream but their appearance makes sense now! CM imitating SY in the dream and complaining about her big eyes was too funny :lol::lol::lol:

I'm confused about something: wasn't SY supposed to be pretending Mi Do was dead?  But Dong Cheol is just giving out her number, she was out and about everywhere, introduced herself to Shady Seo so she isn't exactly lying low?  Did I misunderstand all the faking Mi do's death scenes last week?

Who do you all think the visitor to YC was?

9 hours ago, greezlybee said:

-When HJ yelled on SY... gosh, she really needs to go. She is so self-centered and just want to get what she wants! I get how devastating it is for her regarding the disappearance of her mother but she crossed the line way too many times. I can tolerate what she did on the previous episodes but this time, I really want her to go. (Again, she holds an important key to the case so she won't be out of the picture. *sigh*)

HJ just needs to GTFO!  When she was reunited with her mother all I was thinking was I wish I liked her character even a little bit so I could be happy for them lol!

9 hours ago, greezlybee said:

-It's time for me to call him SHADY SEO. I somehow hate him more than OYC because I still tiptoe around Shady Seo's motives. He is amazingly clever and devious by disguising himself. Based on the preview of next episode, I'm certain that SY is safe and Shady Seo is called in to question so he's now labeled as the bad man. But then OYC... haish, I'm getting sicker every time I see him on the screen. Can't y'all just leave CM and SY to take a break and let them fall in love then proceed the chasing around as a couple? lol.

Agreed about shady Seo being unlikeable but I find it him a much better antagonist than stabby, crusty YC. He's smarter and more interesting to seeing his cool and calm underhanded behaviour than YC who is just tedious to watch and his scenes are gruesome and unpleasant.

I also think Shady Seo is being surprisingly reasonable to HJ's mother which makes me wonder if he has some kindness for her. Speaking of HJ's mother she appears to have some type of brain damage.  I wonder if YC was responsible for it?

I know I was in a rush but was I dreaming? Was there a BTS for the school scene? Or an article? About the screaming students at the 2 stars? I can't seem to find it.

Thank you.

I think the plot tries to be clever but it is too contrived now. I don't see the crystal and all these 6 degrees of separation is too much for me.

Let me summarise and correct me if I am wrong. 

CM has slept with HJ before right? To have the fake pregnancy plot?

Then he can't romance now?

I can't be bothered with the plot. Let me just enjoy SY and CM then. Or rather SY squirming over CM because that made me laugh so much today. Zero expectations of a logical end of all these plots of  people with another person's identity. I don't even know who is the prosecutor in a coma vs the bad guy who is the prosecutor now. I missed ep 2-4 and apparently everything happened there.

I would get back to it eventually. But too many dramas since I am now starting One Spring NIght. There is no time for rewatching back episodes when I have these 2, plus a weekend drama. And maybe starting Perfume. I said maybe.

1 hour ago, raziela said:

I'm confused about something: wasn't SY supposed to be pretending Mi Do was dead?  But Dong Cheol is just giving out her number, she was out and about everywhere, introduced herself to Shady Seo so she isn't exactly lying low?  Did I misunderstand all the faking Mi do's death scenes last week?

I'm confused too. Maybe she thought the murderer already dead so she don't have to remain pretending.

I love how CM like to tease SY now and I do believe SY will only admit her true feeling towards CM if CM confessed his love to her officially first because she's Go Se Yeon who's goddess of Sangmok high school, smart, beautiful and with a hot body:lol: .

2019060501000257400015511.jpg

link : http://m.sportschosun.com/news.htm?id=201906050100025740001551&ServiceDate=20190604&f_url=Fire#_enliple

As what most have already said, enjoyed the first half of the episode with all the fluff between SY and CM. The balance is just right. Wish they could have done this from the earlier episodes. OYC out of the picture for the last eps was a good idea, but now he's on the run...sigh. 

So yeah, the dream makes sense...ha ha..it's probably the guilt of rejecting CM all those years they've been friends that makes her in denial of her feelings. CM's smile is so cute when SY was trying to explain her side :D.

Now that all enemies are out in the open, the real battle starts now. And with all the remaining mysteries yet to be solved. Btw, it looks like everyone forgot about the marble Abyss, wonder how will OYC will make use of it now that he'll escape.

2 hours ago, raziela said:

Mi Do's fake death last week was supposed to lure out YC's accomplice who they mistakenly thought was the same person who attacked/stabbed SY. I think Dong Cheol foolishly felt comfortable giving SY's number to shady Seo because he was confident YC's accomplice was the dead/suicide guy and by then, Seo already knew about their sting operation. SY told CM that the circumstances surrounding the suicide were fishy and believed the real accomplice was still out there. Too bad Dong Cheol didn't share her instincts or that her concerns were this strong. Prior to that, I am not sure why SY was out and about everywhere. I really enjoyed the scene with her and her mom at the chicken shop, but to be honest, it was probably not the right move yet.

Is it too easy to be Seo? Maybe he went to inform YC that Mi Do/SY is still alive. Also, in the preview, Seo said something about telling YC not to do something.

HJ just needs to GTFO!  When she was reunited with her mother all I was thinking was I wish I liked her character even a little bit so I could be happy for them lol!

LOL. I may be the loner in this world who feels some pity for HJ and was happy for her. I totally get it though.

Agreed about shady Seo being unlikeable but I find it him a much better antagonist than stabby, crusty YC. He's smarter and more interesting to seeing his cool and calm underhanded behaviour than YC who is just tedious to watch and his scenes are gruesome and unpleasant.

I also think Shady Seo is being surprisingly reasonable to HJ's mother which makes me wonder if he has some kindness for her. Speaking of HJ's mother she appears to have some type of brain damage.  I wonder if YC was responsible for it?

I enjoy Seo as the main villain over YC for the same reasons too. Does it look like YC will escape prison in the next episode? :crazy:

In the beginning, HJ's mom wanted to call Tae Jin which the grandmother said she needs to let him go because he is dead. Does it seem like Tae Jin is likely Seo? Seo does seem kind to her especially at the end where she was treated for her burn at the hospital. I'm like 99.9% sure that evil YC was the cause of her mental state.

Overall, I agree with you all that this was a great episode and well-balanced - hope it keeps it up...especially in the rom-com department :wub:!!

8 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

I know I was in a rush but was I dreaming? Was there a BTS for the school scene? Or an article? About the screaming students at the 2 stars? I can't seem to find it.

I haven't seen a BTS. There were some pics people at the school took on social media

8 hours ago, ck1Oz said:

CM has slept with HJ before right? To have the fake pregnancy plot?

Then he can't romance now?

Hee Jin was his only previous relationship and she was a gold digger using him who made a fool of him so he isn't confident about his romancing skills.

He got drunk and slept with her once but he doesn't remember. Considering HJ lied throughout their whole relationship and nearly everytime she opens her mouth some of us think she was lying about that too!

8 hours ago, lingx2 said:

Go Se Yeon who's goddess of Sangmok high school, smart, beautiful and with a hot body:lol: .

I love it when she says that:lol:

8 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

As what most have already said, enjoyed the first half of the episode with all the fluff between SY and CM. The balance is just right. Wish they could have done this from the earlier episodes. OYC out of the picture for the last eps was a good idea, but now he's on the run...sigh. 

My thoughts exactly. Wish the earlier episodes were like this and sigh at YC getting out.

8 hours ago, lightbringer06 said:

Btw, it looks like everyone forgot about the marble Abyss,

Right? They are not thinking about the powerful Abyss marble that has caused so much trouble at all in the hands of the psycho serial killer at all.:huh:

7 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

Mi Do's fake death last week was supposed to lure out YC's accomplice who they mistakenly thought was the same person who attacked/stabbed SY. I think Dong Cheol foolishly felt comfortable giving SY's number to shady Seo because he was confident YC's accomplice was the dead/suicide guy and by then, Seo already knew about their sting operation. SY told CM that the circumstances surrounding the suicide were fishy and believed the real accomplice was still out there. Too bad Dong Cheol didn't share her instincts or that her concerns were this strong. Prior to that, I am not sure why SY was out and about everywhere. I really enjoyed the scene with her and her mom at the chicken shop, but to be honest, it was probably not the right move yet.

Spoiler

Is it too easy to be Seo? Maybe he went to inform YC that Mi Do/SY is still alive. Also, in the preview, Seo said something about telling YC not to do something.

LOL. I may be the loner in this world who feels some pity for HJ and was happy for her. I totally get it though.

I enjoy Seo as the main villain over YC for the same reasons too. Does it look like YC will escape prison in the next episode? :crazy:

In the beginning, HJ's mom wanted to call Tae Jin which the grandmother said she needs to let him go because he is dead. Does it seem like Tae Jin is likely Seo? Seo does seem kind to her especially at the end where she was treated for her burn at the hospital. I'm like 99.9% sure that evil YC was the cause of her mental state.

Overall, I agree with you all that this was a great episode and well-balanced - hope it keeps it up...especially in the rom-com department :wub:!!

Thanks for explaining about the plan. Still not the wisest cause of action but I suppose necessary for the plot.

I thought visitor would be somebody unexpected. My unfounded guess was Shady Seo's adoptive father but you are probably right, I'm overthinking things and it's just Seo lol!

I'm glad for HJ's Mum but HJ has just exhausted any sympathy after episode after episode of her deceitful, unpleasant behaviour. I agree Seo might be the mysterious Tae Jin. We still don't know his real name.

I hope they keep it up with the rom-com too. The cuteness and fluff is so fun and enjoyable! :heart:

Thanks for posting the ep.9 and new pics @lingx2^_^

Archived