[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

13 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

See she is not even giving him the option of putting up with this stuff its not right  way to go about this. You have to look at it from his perspective as well.

I see from all perspectives, chingus. 

Do we want JH to choose between his mum and his woman? It's not something that one can just tell your other half "Look, your mum spoke with me and she objected to our relationship" - what would be the response? He would immediately confront his mum and make things worse I guess..

How does CSH give JH an option when she doesn't have one and is badly cornered.......

This episode is the saddest of all....what era is this, for goodness' sake.  So what if higher status and divorced....the mum never think how blessed her sons are and that CSH has never experienced all the blessings her sons were given. Instead, she judged her based on her background. Please don't tell me that in general, that's how mothers behaved in Korea ie by interfering in their sons' relationships!

• Like 16
  • Sad 4
  • Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I really really hope that the preview is misleading. CSH might ask for the break-up but this doesn't mean that JH will accept it. I also hope, he discovers what his mother did!!

I feel like I should wait for the next episode before watching the episode 13. 

That's my feeling, too.  I never do like the upsetting parts near the end of a drama, so I will wait to watch. 

29 minutes ago, shyguitar said:

Oh well, just like any other story, there is a crisis. So i guess we have to deal with this part in order to get into the resolution part. This too shall pass. Haaaaaiiiisssstttt

I was kinda expecting this.  In a 16 episode drama, things usually hit a major bump in episode 13.....and here we are!  

• Like 15
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, jl08 said:

I see from all perspectives, chingus. 

Do we want JH to choose between his mum and his woman? It's not something that one can just tell your other half "Look, your mum spoke with me and she objected to our relationship" - what would be the response? He would immediately confront his mum and make things worse I guess..

So right! Let’s say SH had told the mom that she was still going to continue seeing JH. The mother would hate her, which would mean SH would be uncomfortable for the rest of her life in that family. Worse, what if mom went crying to JH complaining about SH being disrespectful then JH would be in an even tighter spot than he is in right now.

Which is why his mother planned to confront SH, after the dinner she knew how desperately SH was trying to win her favor so she used SH’s weakness to her advantage. 

@dramaninja I think that’s the reason why she apologizes to that shrine in JH’s room. She isn’t planning on telling him directly because she is not about that confrontational life. By apologizing to the shrine, it’s like she is absolved of her wrongdoings. 

@thistle yes, it makes sense for everything to go south in these episodes if we are going to get a happy ending. I would be more worried if it was all hunky dory because I would prepare my heart to have the  rug pulled out from under me during the climax. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 2

I remember watching a famous drama, it's very sad when its near final epi,same like Encounter when it's epi 13, but when it's finally reach final episode,it become happy ending for the leads..I hope it will be like that..

Give me courage to watch this heartbreaking scene...

• Like 16

11 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

@thistle yes, it makes sense for everything to go south in these episodes if we are going to get a happy ending. I would be more worried if it was all hunky dory because I would prepare my heart to have the  rug pulled out from under me during the climax. 

Exactly!  And we're supposed to get upset about what we are seeing because that is what keeps us watching dramas.  It's good old fashioned catharsis.  Aristotle figured it out more than two thousand years ago, and it still works!

borrowing this definition from NinjaWords:

catharsis

noun

°(drama) A release of emotional tension after an overwhelming vicarious experience, resulting in the purging or purification of the emotions, as through watching a dramatic production (especially a tragedy). Coined in this sense by Aristotle.

example:  "Seeing the hero's catharsis helped her deal with the loss of her parents."

°Any release of emotional tension to the same effect, more widely.

• Like 15
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, yonaomi123 said:

I think when she said all that about how women should live quietly with their husbands and children, in the early episodes, JinHyuk's mother really meant what she said.  I had thought at the time that maybe she was making a subtle dig at her husband and feeling a little sad about lost opportunities for herself.  But apparently not!  (which is fine, for her, because that's her choice) 

But to ignore her son's decision to not live with a woman who has those same beliefs isn't right.  He's an adult and he deserves the opportunity to make up his own mind. 

URGH!! This writer.  They're really hitting us over the head with all of the societal issues. 

I see it differently....

If she really meant it, she should practice what she believed. By talking to SH behind JH’s back, she was meddling. No matter how she feels about their relationship, she should not ask SH to end it. This is no different than when SH’s mum went to JH to ask him to stay away from SH. JH’s mum had been portrayed as a gentle, simple, family-loving, the last few episodes... but this episode, she showed her insecurities and impulsivity. When JH father knew about their relationship, he spoke to JH. He withheld his judgement and carefully spoke to SH to have a sense of her and her feelings. JH mum spoke to no one, not even her son but made up her mind that SH was not a suitable partner for JH and sought to separate them. 

I am hoping this is just a knee-jerk reaction from mum and that JH dad and JH will be able to show her a different perspective.

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

This wasn't the scenario I was hoping for.  I took for granted JH's mom seemingly gentle personality. Never thought that she would meet SH like this. Worse, SH loves JH so she would respect his mom's feelings. But I hope the next episode tomorrow would not result to a breakup. Please writernim life is depressing enough,  and we only have 3 episodes left.  I'm not even expecting a wedding, just let SH be accepted by JH's family.  

• Like 16

30 minutes ago, khxy said:

Ep 14 written preview

"No matter what happens,i will protect you"

Even though Soo Hyun knows Jin Hyuk's family normal life is affected but Soo Hyun does not wish to let Jin Hyuk go, it causes her great pain.

Soo Hyun's dad trusts in Jin Hyuk and after much consideration, he cut all ties with Taegyong.

An unexpected guest comes to visit Soo Hyun.

Omo! How is it possible to have missed this line?! Cha Jong Hyun like Mr.Nam were won over by Kim Jin Hyuk!

Soo Hyun's Appa is jjang! What a courageous move! 

• Like 18
  • Thanks 1

Just now, gigivillaceran said:

My god i want to take a sleepings so i can sleep not thinking anything and wake up tom night if the episode 14 start airing, i dont want to think anymore and i dont want to repeat the scenario again when i was watching AIMH 

Could you tell me what is AIMH?:D

• Like 1