Quantcast
marykarmelina

[Drama 2018-2019] Encounter / Boyfriend, 남자친구

What is JH’s mum thinking? Is she uncomfortable now that her family is thrust into the limelight? Is that her way of protecting her family? Is she jealous of SH and secretly hope for JH never to find true love?

The fact that she refused to talk to her son about SH spoke volumes. She probably knew how JH felt towards SH. She knew it would be a lost cause to try to convince JH to leave SH. Perhaps she is fearful of knowing how much JH loves SH. 

• Like 10
  • Sad 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jl08 said:

Hello... I guess she's  respecting JH's mum's wish. She really is caught in a super Black big hole. I can't really blame her. JH's mum PLEADED so desperately...what can she do....

Sure but  its not like he wasnt dealing with the same thing  though he remain strong she gave up after one meeting.

This is such an annoying thing in dramas.

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I really really hope that the preview is misleading. CSH might ask for the break-up but this doesn't mean that JH will accept it. I also hope, he discovers what his mother did!!

I feel like I should wait for the next episode before watching the episode 13. 

Wise choice, you should wait for tmrw episode

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

This ALMOST made me smile. 

I havd 10000000% faith in JH and how he will resolve this with his mom but the problem is SH, she is like this injured animal - she can never forget the trauma and abuse of her past so when JH’s mom tells her in so man words that she doesn’t accept SH into her family it brings SH face to face with her worst fear, rejection.

She has been always been rejected be it by her family, her friends and her husband’s family.  

Poor SH, my heart breaks for her.

I meant Jin Hyuk's Omma...I omitted putting Omma:sweatingbullets:

• Like 5
  • Sad 12
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

I really really hope that the preview is misleading. CSH might ask for the break-up but this doesn't mean that JH will accept it. I also hope, he discovers what his mother did!!

I feel like I should wait for the next episode before watching the episode 13. 

If you can, I think completely agree with not watching this episode.  Just watch them both together.  That way your heart won't hurt too much!! :bawling:

• Like 8
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Love isnt immune to stupidity since she should just fight for him anyway instead of doing absurd plans like this.

It’s not a question of not fighting for him, he had a happy life and happy family before she came into his life. She understands what they mean to him, she doesn’t want to be selfish and distance him from them.

It would be easier for SH to tell her to get lost, if JH’s mom was out and out evil like her own mother and the mother in law. 

It is also different how each one tackles the situation, I think personally I can understand SH’s decision. 

• Like 15
  • Sad 3
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Omg!!! Everything is piling up on SH in the preview

JH tells her that she is precious to him. She wonders how long the flowers will stay abloom. Dongsaeng gets into a fight with his friend for talking about SH and JH. He is arrested, He tells JH it wasn’t because of him. 

SH thanks WS for teaching her how to cut off a relationship with someone!!! I THINK SHE IS GOING TO PRETEND TO GET BACK WITH WS so that JH gets over her.   No SH, no!!!!

No no no no no no..i will not accept a breakup at this stage.. no no no

• Like 4
  • Sad 10

Arrghh feels so heavy..I will wait until tomorrow epi..if just if SH pretend or really back together with WS just to make JH away from her,I hope WS will come to his senses how miserable it is pretend not to love someone,becz he already felt that way with SH..please WS if u have love SH from the start n want to gain point from her,please help her back to JH, tell her what she do only give her n JH pain..please,please,please WS,don't take advantage with it..let me see u as worth ex hubby that at least SH can trust although a little..:tears:

I think I'm to much pressing sad emoji tonight..:tears:

• Like 14
  • Sad 3

2 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Sure but  its not like he wasnt dealing with the same thing  though he remain strong she gave up after one meeting.

This is such an annoying thing in dramas.

This is why SooHyun and JinHyuk really need to work out their communication issues.  They never really talk about the bad stuff, they just hint around it, and find solutions to problems on their own.  Which I get-- you and your life partner should be whole people, not dependent on each other for every little thing.  But problems should be shared with your partner!  You're not supposed to suffer in silence and keep your pain to yourself.  

• Like 21

2 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Gotta know where CSH is coming from, really. KJH has a happy background. CSH was in living hell and looks set to be in another one. Just imagine all that she has to go through. Even KJH wondered how long she had to put up with the unreasonable attitude of her MIL, remember? He had ONE meeting with the MIL and he already couldn't take it and felt sorry for her.

I feel for CSH. She really has no choice because she doesn't want to break up JH's mum and him. Plus all the baggages that she carries with her - her hotel, the impending law suit...just how much can one take?

• Like 18
  • Sad 4

25 minutes ago, ahdrianaa said:

Omg!!! Everything is piling up on SH in the preview

JH tells her that she is precious to him. She wonders how long the flowers will stay abloom. Dongsaeng gets into a fight with his friend for talking about SH and JH. He is arrested, He tells JH it wasn’t because of him. 

SH thanks WS for teaching her how to cut off a relationship with someone!!! I THINK SHE IS GOING TO PRETEND TO GET BACK WITH WS so that JH gets over her.   No SH, no!!!!

CRYING   A RIVER HERE but I saw your emojis - it is all 20 SAD emojis then I burst into laugh....LOL ...We all are SAD and Disagreeing..LOL!!!

• Like 7
  • Sad 3
  • LOL 7

23 minutes ago, minsunie said:

so sad...

she is crying to Mrs Lee the tea lady that she doesn't know what to do bec Jh's ordinary and simple happiness is destroyed by her...

she said thanks to her ex husband, she knows how to break up...no....

Am sure the tea lady will talk to JH..i hope she talks to JH mom as well

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, ahdrianaa said:

@gumtaek that’s a frozen pond right? I thought JH disappeared but he’s in the water? It can’t be a reflection because in the opening animation there was no reflection in the pond. 

Does anything survive inside a frozen pond. Even the illustration today is so morbid! :tears:

You can look at it this way...That's Soo Hyun's shadow....Jin Hyuk. 

It brings to mind Aristotle's "One Soul in Two Bodies"

• Like 20
  • Thanks 2

7 minutes ago, luvhollandlop said:

What is JH’s mum thinking? Is she uncomfortable now that her family is thrust into the limelight? Is that her way of protecting her family? Is she jealous of SH and secretly hope for JH never to find true love?

The fact that she refused to talk to her son about SH spoke volumes. She probably knew how JH felt towards SH. She knew it would be a lost cause to try to convince JH to leave SH. Perhaps she is fearful of knowing how much JH loves SH.

I think when she said all that about how women should live quietly with their husbands and children, in the early episodes, JinHyuk's mother really meant what she said.  I had thought at the time that maybe she was making a subtle dig at her husband and feeling a little sad about lost opportunities for herself.  But apparently not!  (which is fine, for her, because that's her choice) 

But to ignore her son's decision to not live with a woman who has those same beliefs isn't right.  He's an adult and he deserves the opportunity to make up his own mind. 

URGH!! This writer.  They're really hitting us over the head with all of the societal issues. 

• Like 21

Oh well, just like any other story, there is a crisis. So i guess we have to deal with this part in order to get into the resolution part. This too shall pass. Haaaaaiiiisssstttt

• Like 20
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, gumtaek said:

You can look at it this way...That's Soo Hyun's shadow....Jin Hyuk. 

It brings to mind Aristotle's "One Soul in Two Bodies"

Sorry, I was wrong! The reflections were there in the opening animation. So your explanation makes perfect sense. :D

@nikir agreed.

• Like 16

2 minutes ago, nikir said:

Am sure the tea lady will talk to JH..i hope she talks to JH mom as well

The tea lady could be the key of resolution! Writernim owe us a lot of sweet moments and if we'll not get an happy end i'll fly to Korea!:pensive:

• Like 12