[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

1 hour ago, luvabe said:

Also, I'm still not sure what kind of role the new guy in the bakery will play in the plot. Some of you say he'll be DR's new love interest, but he doesn't seem interested in DR.

I thing he is a policeman and he is onvestigated mr kang case,tjis my illusion hhhh

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

I think the fact she told him the truth already and he accepted it already as well its a good sign usually dramas drag that stuff out for soooooo long.

I don't know if anyone noticed,  But in the scene

Where WDR talks to his dad in office, I think What WDR said to him pulled his heart strings, (Can somebody clone these men?,) they are both such sweethearts to there Wives .  

Grandma had me in stitches today lol. Her timing is right on point lol. I cried a river with

The Kang and Doran scene it was really emotiional and touching. My heart really  hurts for HJ and Mr Kang they really do love each other . With 24 eps to go will love and 

Forgiveness conquer all? I don't know, But it

Will be tested for sure.

4 hours ago, Nour Alhouda said:

I thing he is a policeman and he is onvestigated mr kang case,tjis my illusion hhhh

Why would a policeman be investigating Mr. Kang tho (unless that guy's personally related to Mr. Kang's murder case)

Btw I see that you guys here praise WDR for staying by DR's side, but people on other sites seem to hate him for doing that because in a way he's forcing DR to go back that hell-house lol.

53 minutes ago, luvabe said:

Btw I see that you guys here praise WDR for staying by DR's side, but people on other sites seem to hate him for doing that because in a way he's forcing DR to go back that hell-house lol.

That’s why I think he should just move out of the house! 

1 hour ago, luvabe said:

As he should. He was absolutely correct they are in it together for better or worse. The only thing I have to say about it is when the bullets start flying over DR's Dad being an ex-convict, WDR better be standing in front of her and taking them. Madam Airhead will come after DR with a vengeance and WDR better get between them.

I did like how he stepped into his mother's room and got DR out of there. That will be how it is from now on. Keep his wife away from his mother and make Madam Airhead go through him to get to DR.

1 hour ago, luvabe said:

Why would a policeman be investigating Mr. Kang tho (unless that guy's personally related to Mr. Kang's murder case)

Yes who dare a husband stand up for his wife! they know darn well if he did not they would be calling him a coward some people are never please sometimes.

She needs to stand up for herself as well.

17 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Yes who dare a husband stand up for his wife! they know darn well if he did not they would be calling him a coward some people are never please sometimes.

She needs to stand up for herself as well.

I Agree . You can't please everyone. 

2 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I think in one of the earlier interviews, the actresses talk about how the grandmother seems to always go and pull the hair of the women who bother Do Ran. She mentions that she thinks that it may be a proxy for how the audiences might feel about characters like DY and WDR's mother when they're being obnoxious. :D

Anyway, I also appreciate it whenever the grandmother pulls the hair of DY and WDR's mother. The timing is so spot on.

I appreciated that WDR stepped into his mother's room to see how Do Ran was doing with his mother. While it's actually an axiom that the husband shouldn't interfere for making it worse on the daughter-in-law, in this case, I think Do Ran has suffered enough at WDR's mother's hands even without WDR interfering. So, I was happy to see that he stepped in this time.

Well, yes and no. It's not in Do Ran's character for her to be confrontational with her elders, so doubt that she will ever stand up for herself exactly. However, Do Ran should stop feeling apologetic to everyone because of who she is. It's one thing to not be rude to an elder. It's another to allow oneself to believe what that elder is telling you. Do Ran has to vet the source of the criticism to determine how much she should take it to heart.

Anyway, I also wish that DR and WDR could move out by themselves for awhile, but I don't think they will do so. I don't think DR wants to move out either since she is a kind-hearted girl who doesn't seem to mind taking care of grandmother when her grandmother has one of her dementia spells.

Anyone know the name of the song that played ,

When WDR was driving to the court house in ep

11 hours ago, stroppyse said:

While it's actually an axiom that the husband shouldn't interfere for making it worse on the daughter-in-law, in this case, I think Do Ran has suffered enough at WDR's mother's hands even without WDR interfering

I watched a daily last year where one son married a woman the mother did not initially approve of and started giving the DIL a hard time. The son ran interference to the point where the MIL finally backed off and eventually fell in love with the DIL. It helped the MIL get rid of her prejudices toward her DIL until she actually got to know her. Once she did, she warmed up to the DIL.

I think every husband has a duty to not let his family mistreat his wife. I guarantee you had my mother kicked my wife out into the cold with no coat or cell phone putting her life in danger, there would have been a day of reckoning. Enough is enough and since WDR has decided to look past his father-in-law's conditions and told DR to stay quiet about it, it is his obligation to manage the situation once Kang's past comes to light and protect his wife from the repercussions that are coming.

45 minutes ago, rolisrntex said:

I watched a daily last year where one son married a woman the mother did not initially approve of and started giving the DIL a hard time. The son ran interference to the point where the MIL finally backed off and eventually fell in love with the DIL. It helped the MIL get rid of her prejudices toward her DIL until she actually got to know her. Once she did, she warmed up to the DIL.

I think every husband has a duty to not let his family mistreat his wife. I guarantee you had my mother kicked my wife out into the cold with no coat or cell phone putting her life in danger, there would have been a day of reckoning. Enough is enough and since WDR has decided to look past his father-in-law's conditions and told DR to stay quiet about it, it is his obligation to manage the situation once Kang's past comes to light and protect his wife from the repercussions that are coming.

I totally agree with that enough is enough, there are no winners here,  Yes MK committed a crime and went to prison, But in the process he

suffered because he lost his wife and abandoned DR. NH  lost a husband , DY and GR

lost their dad. 

23 hours ago, dolorisbrady said:

Anyone know the name of the song that played ,

When WDR was driving to the court house in ep 81.

That OST was just released today.

My Only One OST Part 28 - "내 삶의 전부 (My Life's Everything)" by MJ of ASTRO

Finally caught up. Really hope from now on DR will put her trust in WDR. He is her family now make decisions together dam it. Only thing that would have made it prefect would be if WDR had showed up with a passcode. It makes no dam sense that they going back into house. But like some said WDR better be be front and centre when MIL starts her shite. 

HJ was annoying at the start but her character has developed so well. Feel so sorry for her. I hope she doesn't give that bastardx a penny. They need to like get the lads from his prison mate and scare the bejesus out of him, mind if he ends up a bit black and blue it's his on darn fault. 

On 2/3/2019 at 7:26 AM, smhelen said:

On an aside, my thought is that this drama does not reflect well on Korean society or any other society that treats their young brides this way. I realize the mother in law is a common theme in whichever culture one comes from. But the way those young brides get treated is beyond the pale once they are poor. The way they dress them down, kill their career ambition and taunt them for their economic status. I get it if you don't like the character of the daughter in law but to taunt her on her economic background in this day and age is just wrong. 

I think this is more of a continuation of how Korean MILs treated their DILs rather than an accurate reflection of how it actually is today.  In the past, sons stayed in their parents home after marriage.  This is fairly rare now in Korea, at least in "normal" or "regular" families as opposed to chaebol-level families.  In fact, more and more sons are leaving their families and joining the wives' families.  Not that they necessarily move in, but the once a couple marries (and especially after they have children), they tend to be closer with the wife's extended family.  My mom's friends all tell her how lucky she is now to have 3 daughter and how their sons are all disappointments who have abandoned their parents and just do what their wives want them to do.  Back in the day, my mom's friends all pitied her because she didn't have a son.

Anyway, the Brat definitely looks down on DR because she is poor.  And WDR's mom doesn't like just because she's poor.  It's a different dynamic there.  She raised and expected her eldest to carry on the family business and take it up a notch by marrying someone with the social and economic connections necessary in business.  And, DR was just a secretary.  We know that she was smart and studying for law school, but who in the family actually knows that?  All the WDR's mom knows is that this girl is poor, she's not even well-educated so that she can brag to her friends that her DIL is really smart and also holds an executive position at the company, and then the final straw?  Her mother.  DR's mom is like Mrs. Bennet from Pride and Prejudice--incredibly ignorant and lacks complete class.  She's brash and harsh, even her voice, and no one who meets her actually likes her.  Yes, it's wrong to look down on someone for their economic class.  But, from WDR's mother's perspective, DR is fulfilling all the prejudices that she has against the lower class: uneducated mother, ignorant behavior from her mother, no dowry brought into the marriage, the money the Wang family lost, DR herself isn't highly educated, ex-driver for a father...  Really, the only thing that she can say about her DIL is that's a good girl, and while that should be important, that is outbalanced by the fact that ever since DR joined the family, there has been one instance after another.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:51 AM, qynn said:

If Mr. Kang did indeed accidentally kill HJ's brother-in-law, I don't see how either HJ and Mr. Kang or Do Ran and WDR can be together unless they cut ties with their families which is not going to happen in a Korean drama. Neither family is ever going to approve. Perhaps forgiveness is possible but accepting Mr. Kang as a member of the family is a whole other issue. But I suspect that Mr. Kang will be exonerated. 

I agree that forgiveness and acceptance are different.  Also, even if everyone else in the Wang family accepts him, there is no way that the Brat will.  And, I don't know if I can blame the Brat in this instance.  She is still a Brat, but she also grew up stigmatized for not having a dad.  Kids are so mean like that.  One can argue that she never even knew her dad, so what is she really missing.  After all, I think she was just a baby so she has no memories or actual emotions attached to him, just an ideal in her mind.  But, even with all that, I know that if I were in her shoes, it would be really difficult for me to accept this man who I know killed my father.  Every time I see DR getting excited to see her dad, or every time I see or hear that her dad did something nice for him, I would be mad and jealous that I couldn't ever have that, and DR and her dad doing it in front of me would seem like adding insult to injury.

2 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

I think this is more of a continuation of how Korean MILs treated their DILs rather than an accurate reflection of how it actually is today.  In the past, sons stayed in their parents home after marriage.  This is fairly rare now in Korea, at least in "normal" or "regular" families as opposed to chaebol-level families.  In fact, more and more sons are leaving their families and joining the wives' families.  Not that they necessarily move in, but the once a couple marries (and especially after they have children), they tend to be closer with the wife's extended family.  My mom's friends all tell her how lucky she is now to have 3 daughter and how their sons are all disappointments who have abandoned their parents and just do what their wives want them to do.  Back in the day, my mom's friends all pitied her because she didn't have a son.

There is an old saying here in the states, "When you marry off your daughter, you gain a son. When you marry off your son, you lose one."

This is just my thought.  HJ’s family might accept him if after big events happen.  I was thinking, a lot of drama like to have accident or a character in a coma.  So what if HJ got into an accident for saving Kang, I don’t know, maybe he wants to kill himself after everyone finds out.  Then the family can see how much he loves her and vise-versa.  That can be one of the ways.  Or someone mention GR might be have  leukemia and Kang will the one saving him.  

Archived