Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

40 minutes ago, hibiscus23 said:

I'm almost certain you guys must've watched this epis of Happy Together with the MOO cast, and i guess it won't hurt if there's a duplicate already past few pages? as you know i'm a latecomer watching this drama but so happy I was able to catch up with you all :D

I can't wait for the w/end so we can watch part 71!! To pass the time I'm watching this segment of HT with the cast!

I don't know about you guys but I just hope DR and WDR won't separate! this is the time when they should be beside each other! I may be wrong but i think MK (for me) stole the show, I'm really liking this actor Choi Soo Jung - he and DR made me cry buckets every time they're on the screen!

lols no worries....we dont mind to be reminded of happy times together :) 

we going to need that seeing that the story or drama is spiraling down towards angst ><" with each layer of secret being air right out into the open slowly 1 by 1 

honestly DR should fight for WDR as much as he fight to stay together with her.....it had always been WDR to fight to stay and stick to DR for once i really hope that DR fight to stay with WDR and also to proof that she is the intelligent woman she was first projected to be......

maybe seeing that we are from the modern times where woman take a better stand in things and also able to make judgement call for our own life...it is really hard to link to the fact that DoRan is being a doormat again and again in the drama itself.....

• Like 4

i don't think that DR offering to divorce is only about being weak.  It's also about being mature.  In the situation that she's in, she really has no alternative than to be quiet, submissive to her MIL, and wait it out.  That's actually what Grandma suggested, but FIL had to jump the gun and challenge MIL again.  Should DR have acted like the Brat (Daya) and yell back at MIL to defend herself?  It may seem like nothing to us as viewers, but the whole Wang Family had high hopes for DR as the oldest son and heir.  Even FIL admitted that he had goals for DR.  They wanted him to marry well (meaning rich and successful) to expand their business empire.  It's not a wrong sentiment.  In that society where business deals often depend on connections, it is a big deal to have a wife that brings "nothing" to the marriage in terms of money, connections, or even education.  We know that DR is hard-working and smart, but she never completed her education.  Perhaps she could have been a key member at BJ Foods, but ultimately she was employed just as a secretary.  For DR to argue or even defend herself any more than she did would have started a war in the household.

DR's offer in the preview to divorce is not just about sacrificial nobility, but also about looking at the situation as a whole.  Right now, she is the topic of all the fighting in the family.  Yes, MIL needs to accept her, but she isn't backing down and she's threatening divorce.  If the parents do divorce, how will DR feel living in that house knowing that she's the reason that her in-laws divorced after 30 years of marriage?  Her MIL will always blame her, the Brat will always be making snide comments, and after a while, DR and YR and even FIL may come to resent her.

So anyone else curious about DR's secret rescuer?  If he was going to be just a random character, there would be no reason to cast one that is handsome.  So is DR really going to divorce?  And will she end up with this new guy?  My initial reaction would be no, but I did see a Kdrama once where that happened.  The female lead met another male after fierce opposition from her boyfriend's mom and the new prince ended up marrying her.

Also, I wanted to clarify something I had previously posted about DR's dad.  I saw the first episode again, and it looks like DR's dad was begging the loan shark.  The loan shark pushed him and it was the loan shark that grabbed a glass something (ashtray? vase?).  That glass item fell on the floor and while the loan shark and DR's dad were tussling, the loan shark fell on the floor and it looks like his head landed on the glass shards.  So the death of the loan shark looks to be unintentional and may even be self-defense.

DR's dad then grabs the pile of money and in doing so, accidentally grabs the knife from the fruit tray.  As he's running away, the Brat's dad tries to stop him and DR's dad (with his arms full of cash and the knife) pushes against DR's dad with his chest and in that tussle, he accidentally stabs the Brat's dad.  So, I would say that there is no doubt that DR's dad killed the Brat's dad.  This was not a case of a mistaken identity or anything like that.  He is still fleeing the scene, although not so much the scene of a crime.  Except, he does steal the money so perhaps it is a crime.  Much murkier here, but I would still say that DR's dad is guilty of one homicide.

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

@jechoi1 you did refresh my/our memories of that incident where the Brat's dad just happened to be at the wrong place at a wrong time?  DR's dad out of sheer desperation to save his wife's life did the unthinkable but yes the Brat's dad got killed but might we say it was an accident? He was rushing to flee but i think if there's a jury present in all this, he won't plead guilty coz once again it was not intentional, even the loan shark guy's death was accidental!

This chapter of DR's dad's life will add fuel to the fire once the Wang family finds out and what about Go Rae's mom right? I'm sure all hell will break loose! :(

with regard to DR/WDR divorcing i just hope it won't happen!

• Like 4

7 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

So anyone else curious about DR's secret rescuer?  If he was going to be just a random character, there would be no reason to cast one that is handsome.  So is DR really going to divorce?  And will she end up with this new guy?  My initial reaction would be no, but I did see a Kdrama once where that happened.  The female lead met another male after fierce opposition from her boyfriend's mom and the new prince ended up marrying her.

Agreed. I hope he appears again.

• Like 4

The ex-prisoner is going to upset everything even further :( He knows about Kang's past and although he is indebted to him and wants to pay him back, he will complicate things more. I am so worried about what will happen in the next episodes. Why do Korean dramas have to create so many complex situations? :(

• Like 7

Impatiently waiting for the coming episodes.  Please writernim give us something to hold on.  Make DR and WDR happy and please stop all the unnecessary pain cause it makes me cry when watching them cry.

• Like 2

The English translation for the most recently released OST Part 24 by Lee Jang Woo (WDR) is out now. Looking at the translation, I'm getting the feeling they might actually divorce? T_T

Lee Jang Woo (WDR) - "Tears About To Come" (My Only One OST Part 24) English Translation

Are you really alright?
Why do I see you in my dreams every day?
Are you missing me
Like I’m missing you?

Did you want to tell me
Don’t be too late
Just like you
Will you wait for me?

I miss you so much, tears are about to come
I long for you so much, tears are about to come
because there are so many memories of being in love

I miss you even more today
That tears are about to come
If you haven’t changed, can I go back to you?
Again?

When I think about how I draw you out for a while
And then start to smile
Days without you
Have no meaning to me

I miss you so much, tears are about to come
I long for you so much, tears are about to come
because there are so many memories of being in love

Again?

I can’t let go
I can’t forget
Because it’s only you

Again?

I love you

(Translation by pop!gasa)

• Sad 6

incidentally listening OST part 24 while reading @Ayame post. I feel like crying. Maybe they are not divorce, but Do Ran will run away from home with her father after giving divorce paper to DR. poor Dae Ryok, I only want him to be happy.  I haven't watch latest episode, so no comment for now.

• Like 4

In my opinion its ok for DR and WDR to divorce. Their relationship brings no growth or depth to the caracters. DR deserves to grow, continue her studied, have a job, meet people. Not just go to the market, cook, clean and serve. Oh, yes, and if on good terms with MIL, have her nails done and a facial. She is not happy in that house and doesn't develop as a person.

• Like 8

They would both be happier and healthier if they simply just moved the hell out of that toxic hateful stifling place. 

• Like 6

36 minutes ago, RobinM said:

They would both be happier and healthier if they simply just moved the hell out of that toxic hateful stifling place. 

yes, that is what I have been thinking all the time. I mean the MIL is very humiliating to Doran. WDR doesn't want to upset his mom by taking the side of his wife, although he tries his best to defend Doran. Doran herself wants to satisfy everyone even at the expense of her happiness. :( 

What is worse now is when the gangster meets Mr. Kang and reveals the secret of his being an ex-convict. Now Daya will suspect him of killing her father. :( 

Doran will never be able to have a peaceful married life anymore. 

• Like 5

Is a man who tries to placate a mama who treats his wife like richard simmons a husband any woman wants?

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

21 minutes ago, RobinM said:

Is a man who tries to placate a mama who treats his wife like richard simmons a husband any woman wants?

strange enough, my mom told me the same about WDR not favoring his wife over his mother :( 

In Korean Drama, the same story goes on and on :( The husband and wife have to live in the same house with the in-laws. This is so frustrating. Why can't they just move out? WDR is rich and can buy a house of his own. The haelmoni's problem is easily solved if she moves with them. I don't see a problem in that at all. WDR's mom is not taking care of the haelmoni one way or the other. Even Mr. Wang himself can't do anything for his mother Mrs. Park. I don't know why is it "that" important to stay in one house along with the toxic Daya and the MIL. No sense at all :angry:

@iminela1 Actually I agree with you about Doran's character not developing, she is just doing housework, even she left her job. She is living the worst life ever :( 

• Like 3

English subs of cast interview on KBS Entertainment Weekly:

Interview with the Stars of "My Only One"[Entertainment Weekly/2019.01.14]

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

We previously had a discussion about how some of the characters changed.  I thought that perhaps DR was the only one who had changed as she is no longer the spunky girl she was in the earlier episodes.  In fact, now she is just DR Sad Face.  The only glimpse of the old DR was when DY the Brat attacked MR.  Otherwise, she's been living like she's ashamed of herself and her life.

This made me question whether the characters should change or not.  We have in this drama 3 young women who got married.  Marriage is a life-changing experience, especially these "older style" marriages depicted in Kdramas where the sons live with their families.  You could say that DR changed because of her new role now.  She can't really go to school, when as the oldest DIL, her "duty" will be to take over the home life.  In a way, it's normal that her life should now focus around taking care of her in-laws.  But, her change is also attributable to losing her adopted father, getting kicked out by her adoptive mother, finding her real father, and marrying into a family where you don't feel that you are good enough and MIL won't let you forget that you're not good enough.  DR definitely changed, and she needed to change, but I think she changed too much.

The Brat did not change at all.  She was a spoiled brat before she married, and she's still a spoiled brat now.  She needed to change, but she hasn't changed at all.  She's no more mature than she was before marriage and she still thinks only of herself.  She has no sense that marriage is about joining your life with another and blending those lives together.  Instead, it seems that her only goal for her marriage was to become like her MIL.

MR also did not really change after her marriage.  It's early days yet, but she still the same as she was before.  Or, perhaps I'm being too harsh and she is changing.  She's thinking of someone else (her husband), but, we really only saw her making him lunch once.  Not that I expect her to make him lunch every day, but she is still just someone who sits at home all day.  If her MIL doesn't want to make her a homemaker, then I wish that MR would go do something instead of staying home all day.  Go take a cooking class and meet other people, continue with her announcer studies, just do something.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2