Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

10 hours ago, Nour Alhouda said:

The special episodes are out now with eng sub 

Waaaaa…….:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: The video said it's not available in my country.... I cannot see and I am dying to know what were they talking about.....

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, NitaA said:

Waaaaa…….:bawling: :bawling: :bawling: The video said it's not available in my country.... I cannot see and I am dying to know what were they talking about.....

I messaged you another link to watch it with English subs. Check your inbox. ^^ 

• Like 1

Could you message me also the link please...:bawling: watch to watch my only one special ep in eng sub...realllyyyy

• Like 1

so did DoRan finally tell WDR?

cause i seems to catch the last sentence with WDR kept asking 'Why Why?' and DoRan finally gave in and said 'dad'?

calling @stroppyse can you help to translate the preview? :D hahahaha sorry but you are the only one that i knew who understand Korean :D that i kept in touch with hehehehe

• Like 2

@angelangie, no worries. Call me for preview translations any time. :)

Translation for Jan 12, 2019 episode preview.

Grandmother: If you don’t bring Driver Kang back, then I’m going to starve myself to death.
Father: You are getting along well with daughter-in-law, right?
Dae Ryuk: Why are you suddenly asking that?
Dae Ryuk: Please make it so that I don’t regret marrying Do Ran-sshi.
Hong Joo: Go Rae, that…that man, it’s him, isn’t it?
Hong Sil: Seung Jin, our Go Rae…
Hong Sil: You shouldn’t be meeting like this!
Da Ya: Do you know who Elder Sister is? She’s Driver Kang’s daughter!
Hong Joo: Teacher Kang is whose dad?
Dae Ryuk: Do Ran-sshi, why are you being like this? What about Driver Kang?
Do Ran: He’s my dad. He is my dad.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Dae Ryuk: Do Ran-sshi, why are you being like this? What about Driver Kang?
Do Ran: He’s my dad. He is my dad.

hahhaa thanks my dear....i catch like this and the rest i wasnt sure any more......

thanks for confirming my understanding :D

that asides im glad this is out in the open.....glad they didnt drag on long.....now i want to see how WDR react with DoRan open up to him about how Driver Kang being her dad......

• Like 2

Ok I like this get this off my chest!!

DAYA!!!

What does she meant that 'What the big deal? We just search her room, that's all!" 

What the big deal? Hell let me go to your room without permission and search it....then you tell me what is wrong!!!

• LOL 3

23 minutes ago, angelangie said:

Ok I like this get this off my chest!!

DAYA!!!

What does she meant that 'What the big deal? We just search her room, that's all!" 

What the big deal? Hell let me go to your room without permission and search it....then you tell me what is wrong!!!

I was visiting my mum, and caught last week's episodes with her. Both of us agreed that Da Ya needs to be spanked and sent to her room, but my mother also remarked that Da Ya just turned out like her mother after all. Btw, my mum's take was that if their mother hadn't had a (misunderstanding) scare that GR was possibly gay and thus would never marry, that the mother would have been more adamant about refusing to countenance MR. So, in her opinion DY is just being as nasty as her mother raised her to be.

Anyway, it was nice seeing DY scolded by her MIL for creating the suspicions about Do Ran, then DY having to watch Do Ran and MIL being all nice and forgiving with each other, then going to her mother's only to find out that she's preoccupied with welcoming MR into the family. LOL

Especially given that DY only married her hubby because he was rich, DY seems to have been the true golddigger, though never willing to admit to any flaws, of course.

One other comment about this drama, I think it needs better writing. For the amount of acting talent on the screen and how much they do to liven up their scenes, the writing in this drama is a bit lacking. The directing is also good enough if nothing special, but its in the writing that it falls flat. My mother wondered if it was the plot that had gotten a bit tired, but I still think it's the writing since kdramas recycle plots over and over again, and it's usually how they execute it that determines how engaging it is.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

8 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I was visiting my mum, and caught last week's episodes with her. Both of us agreed that Da Ya needs to be spanked and sent to her room, but my mother also remarked that Da Ya just turned out like her mother after all. Btw, my mum's take was that if their mother hadn't had a (misunderstanding) scare that GR was possibly gay and thus would never marry, that the mother would have been more adamant about refusing to countenance MR. So, in her opinion DY is just being as nasty as her mother raised her to be.

Anyway, it was nice seeing DY scolded by her MIL for creating the suspicions about Do Ran, then DY having to watch Do Ran and MIL being all nice and forgiving with each other, then going to her mother's only to find out that she's preoccupied with welcoming MR into the family. LOL

Especially given that DY only married her hubby because he was rich, DY seems to have been the true golddigger, though never willing to admit to any flaws, of course.

One other comment about this drama, I think it needs better writing. For the amount of acting talent on the screen and how much they do to liven up their scenes, the writing in this drama is a bit lacking. The directing is also good enough if nothing special, but its in the writing that it falls flat. My mother wondered if it was the plot that had gotten a bit tired, but I still think it's the writing since kdramas recycle plots over and over again, and it's usually how they execute it that determines how engaging it is.

yes some of the plots are getting old to be honest....they need something fresh to liven it up a little....which was why i tends to jump from drama to drama.....

sometimes i skip to cdrama, jdrama or even Taiwanese Hokkien(Chinese dialect) that have tons and tons of never ending stories....just to get a gist of something different.....

DaYa actually is a very cute girl however her roles isnt cute! lols.....and without her i guess we have nothing to move on....to me she wanted to be the center of everything and she want thin to revolve around her.....and wanted to show her superiority however what i can see is that she seems to be failing badly and instead of showing how good she is....it is starting to show how bad she really is...

however much thanks to her....that we have things moving out into the open....so now we have Driver Kang & DoRan relationship to be expose and since EY had kind of push DaYa away, she thought that by going to Master Wang she will have herself back in good favor again....and to me this we need to thank her for again...as without her doing this....Master Wang who is ever the compassionate man he is....will be more understanding and he will try his best to save his son feeling seeing how much his mother had come to rely on DoRan during her dementia state......

we are seeing Driver Kang being driven away...however he will be back i trust? that seems to be the direction of the show in the first place.....and now with DoRan confessing to WDR about her father....i want to place my bet on WDR that he will stand by DoRan sides......and I hope I'm not disappointed in that....

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, angelangie said:

we are seeing Driver Kang being driven away...however he will be back i trust? that seems to be the direction of the show in the first place.....and now with DoRan confessing to WDR about her father....i want to place my bet on WDR that he will stand by DoRan sides......and I hope I'm not disappointed in that....

I agree that Driver Kang is going to be welcomed back to the fold. And, WDR is not going to leave DoRan out cold. He really loves her as she loves him.

Btw, something I was curious about, and the special over the weekend didn't touch on.  Why did Driver Kang go to prison in the first place?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, stroppyse said:

I agree that Driver Kang is going to be welcomed back to the fold. And, WDR is not going to leave DoRan out cold. He really loves her as she loves him.

Btw, something I was curious about, and the special over the weekend didn't touch on.  Why did Driver Kang go to prison in the first place?

because he murder a person...which was suppose to be accidental according to my mother....some said Driver Kang didnt do it.....but my mom said yes.....and when i was watching it ..... it did happen that he did it....so i'm confuse lols as i can see it was accidental and he was desperate as he need the money to save his wife.....

he was suppose to be in life sentence however he got out because he was on good behavior...

• Like 3

woah this drama made me addicted to it! i hvnt been here on soompi in ages but i can't help but put my 2 cents in it! one of my favorites now! i haven't been watching Kdramas for a while bec of demanding work/home but one day i thought of watching the Kdrama awards 2018 & just fell in love with this drama!

Hello to everyone here and hope you won't mind me spazzing here w/you all - i'm not new to soompi but this drama compelled me to chat about it here with you all!

I'm a late comer but now on epis 21 only when i continue so I'll be going through the pages here later to see what you all have to say about it! :)

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Ayame said:

I messaged you another link to watch it with English subs. Check your inbox. ^^ 

Could you share the other link because lot of fans couldn't see it on youtube

• Like 1

@anita1303 @Nour Alhouda I just messaged both of you the link. Check your inbox.

Well, for the drama itself, I do feel like the writing is a bit lacking, too. The writer is the same writer for 'Blow Breeze' (2016), so I can't help but compare the two. I think it was also at this point in Blow Breeze that I started to not watch full episodes and just skim through a lot of it. I'm hoping it won't get as frustrating as Blow Breeze did. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, angelangie said:

because he murder a person...which was suppose to be accidental according to my mother....some said Driver Kang didnt do it.....but my mom said yes.....and when i was watching it ..... it did happen that he did it....so i'm confuse lols as i can see it was accidental and he was desperate as he need the money to save his wife.....

he was suppose to be in life sentence however he got out because he was on good behavior...

No, he definitely need it.  It may not have been premeditated, but he definitely killed someone.  I'm not sure how Korea breaks down its homicides, or if they break them down at all the way that it is done in the U.S.  But even in the U.S., I think that Driver Kang could have been charged and convicted of murder.  He went to the loan shark to get money, and when the loan shark wouldn't give it to him, they got into a physical altercation, which led to the loan shark hitting his head.  Driver Kang would have definitely been charged with murder and may have even been convicted because you could argue that it's well known that you don't go to a loan shark to have a nice chat over tea and it was pretty reckless of Driver Kang to get into a fight with the loan shark.  That would be like second degree murder.  Or, he could have been charged and convicted with manslaughter because although he didn't intend to kill the loan shark, his reckless act of getting into a fight led to his death and it's not so far out there that someone will hit their head in a fight and die.  Also, my memory is a little bad here, but I think that during the fight, or at the very beginning of it, Driver Kang picked up a knife or a letter opener or something.  That right there--threatening someone with a deadly weapon--which then results in death would pretty much get him convicted of murder.

Then there is the Brat's father.  I think that was a total accident?  As in he really didn't mean to do it, but it looked like perhaps the Brat's father ran into Driver Kang?  Regardless, it's still murder because now Driver Kang is fleeing the scene of a murder that he committed and he ends up killing someone else in the process.  Doesn't matter if he intended to or it was completely accidental.  At that point, he's guilty of murder, maybe even first degree at this point because it would be a felony murder.

So I sometimes get bogged down in little details, especially when a drama is slow.  In the last episode, did anyone else notice the books lining the shelves in President Wang's home office?  Multiple volumes of what looks to be Pride and Prejudice.  Great book that I love, but even I don't own multiple copies of the same edition.  This is definitely a case of someone buying books merely for their covers.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, jechoi1 said:

Then there is the Brat's father.  I think that was a total accident?  As in he really didn't mean to do it, but it looked like perhaps the Brat's father ran into Driver Kang?  Regardless, it's still murder because now Driver Kang is fleeing the scene of a murder that he committed and he ends up killing someone else in the process.  Doesn't matter if he intended to or it was completely accidental.  At that point, he's guilty of murder, maybe even first degree at this point because it would be a felony murder.

We don't actually see Kang killing him. He is lying on the floor stabbed. There is a mystery here. 

Personally I think Kang didn't kill Daya's father. If you think from the writer's point of view  (remember this is drama and the plot requires this), if Kang killed Daya's father, then how will he can face Daya, when she is Doran's sister in law?

This will cause complete separation between KDR and WDR, which will happen anyway if KDR chooses her dad over her husband. But at least there is a glimpse of hope if it turns out that Kang is not guilty of the second murder.

Since this is fiction, the complications of the climax needs a solution 

I know most viewers tend to consider the drama a piece of life,  and it is so, to a large extent. But still part of it is fiction and many of you already watched other dramas so, you know the techniques well by now. The idea of a  deus ex machina who interfers to solve everything 

Spoiler

Deus ex machina (Latin: [ˈdeʊs ɛks ˈmaː.kʰɪ.naː]: /ˈd.əs ɛks ˈmɑːknə/ or /ˈdəs ɛks ˈmækɪnə/;[1] plural: dei ex machina; English ‘god from the machine’) is a plot device whereby a seemingly unsolvable problem in a story is suddenly and abruptly resolved by an unexpected and seemingly unlikely occurrence, typically so much as to seem contrived.[2][3] Its function can be to resolve an otherwise irresolvable plot situation, to surprise the audience, to bring the tale to a happy ending, or act as a comedic device. 

Wikipedia 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, jechoi1 said:

So I sometimes get bogged down in little details, especially when a drama is slow.  In the last episode, did anyone else notice the books lining the shelves in President Wang's home office?  Multiple volumes of what looks to be Pride and Prejudice.  Great book that I love, but even I don't own multiple copies of the same edition.  This is definitely a case of someone buying books merely for their covers.

I was also looking at it and was wondering if it came in multiple volumes like Harry Potter.  Since I have not read it, I just over looked saying it is a production faux paux.

7 hours ago, Ayame said:

Well, for the drama itself, I do feel like the writing is a bit lacking, too. The writer is the same writer for 'Blow Breeze' (2016), so I can't help but compare the two. I think it was also at this point in Blow Breeze that I started to not watch full episodes and just skim through a lot of it. I'm hoping it won't get as frustrating as Blow Breeze did. 

I watched Blow Breeze too and truly hated it.  I did not like the lying, cheating, conniving attitudes of both MIL and the evil schemes of the main female lead.  It was too much for me to handle.  But even though the writing is a bit lacking and the story line between the couple has become more of roomies, at least problems are getting resolved as they come up and even though it takes 1 or 2 episodes for that to happen, some of the lighter characters make it still watchable.  So, I think there is some improvement in this writer.  

• Like 3

@angelwingssf hello soompi chingoo remember me? i havnt been here in a while & this drama just made me come back here! i can't stop watching it! I'm just sad i'm quite behind and only on epis 25 but i believe i'm catching up slowly but surely! I love the couple plus i think Mr Kang in my view makes me watch this more! I think his charac here is somewhat sad but he's a great dad if ever he can only reveal his identity to Do Rana! I can't help but loath the fake mom and sis who are just a pain in the neck! I think i liked Do chul charac too who was so loving and cared about Do Ran!

Hello to everybody here & I urge to get uptodate with you all here! :)

• Like 3