[Drama 2018-2019] My only one, 하나뿐인 내편

0ly40

I know this drama has high ratings, but I wonder what Koreans really think of it. I feel like it's not a good representation of the society. If not for Choi Soo-jong, I would've given up on this drama long time ago. I've watched quite a few KBS weekend dramas, and imo this one is not on par with some others like My Daughter Seo-young (highly recommended if you haven't watched it yet) and Five Enough/Five Children.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, luvabe said:

That's why I didn't want the drama to be extended. I knew they would drag it.

Extensions hardly ever do justice to the story. I'm afraid KBS is ruining a good drama by dragging it out like this. They may have killed the golden goose so to speak. If the foreign audience has decided to skip out this weekend and maybe next, I wonder how the intended Korean audience feels? I'm wondering if the ratings may drop the next couple of weeks.

I have only seen one drama where the writer did a great job on an extension. It was a daily that was extended a week. The writer in that one totally changed course in the story the last three weeks and made it a redemption story of the antagonist. By the end of the second week, the antagonist had been turned into a very sympathetic character and had me rooting for her and actually liked her at the end.

2 hours ago, luvabe said:

My Daughter Seo-young (highly recommended if you haven't watched it yet) and Five Enough/Five Children.

Saw Five Enough and absolutely loved it. One of my favorites. I'l have to check out the other one. 

1 hour ago, Jamie Hartford said:

Yea, we will get happy ending literally on the last day and the writer is going to rush the ending,  you can bet on it.  

Unfortunately it will be a happy ending for everyone. I want DY divorced and kicked out of the family but I know it won't happen.

I'm going with a sad ending, just because of the theme song for Mr. Kang and DR lol. Both the movie and another drama that used Lee Seung-chul's "No One Else" in the soundtrack have sad endings, so I feel like this drama will have a sad ending as well.

4 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

Yea, we will get happy ending literally on the last day and the writer is going to rush the ending,  you can bet on it.  

Well considering the writer of this drama, Kim Sa Kyung did that exact thing in her previous drama in Blow Breeze, I wouldn’t be surprised. Literally the last 30 minutes in the final episode everything was solved, at least for Blow Breeze. I remember after finishing Blow Breeze, I told myself that I shouldn’t watch another drama written by her, but here I am lol. I guess I should’ve expected this to happen, but I honestly love a lot of the actors here that’s why I’m watching this.

Also, the drama was extended by 6 episodes (106 episodes) so there’s more than 3 weeks left. It’s about 4 weeks. It’s ending on March 17.

Qm i the only one who is addicted to this drama, love the story and i love all the actors especialy uee and her dad,i love how she protect her father, the story is nearcto reality how people could distroy and never forget the sin that other people did even if they did it accidently

:bawling:I'm scared that our heroine  fead risk losing everything, absolutely everything, everything she built, people she learned to love, will be hard, that's why her biological father wanted to leave, people throw her the eggs, wherever she goes she will be spit, it's really sad for her, but I hope the writers will be sweet enough, I have not followed the episode yesterday but I imagine that she will have to divorce, future episodes will be hard for her.
I hope quickly a resolution

So sad how the writer & director have messed up this drama, hard to have sympathy for characters that only scream...really bothers me that so many KDramas make many women look so bad, great that they have so many roles though.  In this episode, self-pity ruled almost every character. So much overacting, compensation for a weak script. The way they showed "dropping off GrandMa" was disgusting! The FIL such a wishy-washy character, ugh! The story will, hopefully, start revealing the truth quickly - that would be the karmic reason for all the entanglement, though it would still not ensure a happy ending with such hateful weak people...

On 11/11/2018 at 7:26 PM, Blizzardistkaputt said:

The most blissful weekend episodes. I dreeeeaaaad the oncoming storm. I think I will skip when it comes....hopefully not on Christmas Day:heartbreak:

So unfortunate that the anticipated storm of our favourite drama has to happen during the lunar new year celebrations. I have been skipping the episodes to escape the screaming and sobbing. ... ...Maybe when the cherry blossom arrives, the storm will stop somewhat......I will wait till then to watch.

2 hours ago, Jamie Hartford said:

Guys, DR might be Wanf grandma’s granddaughter.  Today, in one of her episodes, she said her mom told her not to let go of her little sister’s hand.  So she might’ve lost her little sister that.  How are they going to reveal that? 

We already know that Grandma lost her sister Myung-hee (the MIL said that in an earlier episode). The theory is that DR is Myung-hee's granddaughter.

Archived