[Drama 2018] My ID is Gangnam Beauty, 내 ID는 강남미인

0ly40

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Wotad said:

I just think people chasing her because shes pretty are vain and daft but thats just me.

Also stupid for not seeing how fake she is. 

Ya.. i don't understand that..

people look down upon liking someone for being pretty.. and i don't see what is wrong there.. 

people love babies for being cute.. that should be looked down upon too..

or liking people with "good" personalities.. there are no bad personalities.. just that everyone's motivations and priorities are different.. you may agree to it or you may not.. just as someone's facial appeals are different..

technically, she is actually very well behaved in public and that is no reason to hate her from view of characters in the drama who are interacting with her.. not every boy chasing after her gets to talk to her or knows what she does with MR...

the ones who pay attention to MR - KS, JH, EY.. those are the only ones who can sense something is off with SA

SA is actually pretty scary.  She manipulates people, and twists things so that people actually believe her, but she is fake.  She misleads the guys into thinking that she’s from a rich family, when she’s actually not.  She gained MR’s trust, all the while she’s backstabbing her behind the scenes.  She is the worst kind of person, very deceitful and dangerous!  I’m glad that KS sees through her, because he is her ultimate goal, she wants HIM, that’s why she’s doing all this stuff to MR.  She is so jealous of MR.....and why? Because SA is pretty, all the guys like her, why can’t she just be happy with that attention? So annoying!

Well I for one don't have respect for those people chasing Soo Ah. Why ????? 

One reason alone Mi Rae showed up to school and they label her Gangnam Beauty. What does that Gangnam Beauty mean ( PS). They see Soo Ah and consider her a natural beauty. Since she is a natural beauty, she seems nice and don't really pay to much attention at her actions. Proof they don't pay attention to what she does and take it as doing something nice. 

They say she is pretty, then she  changes the subject and say Mi Rae is pretty. Then everyone agrees she is pretty. Then someone decide to talk about PS. How PS is just isn't the way to go, or even if you are ugly you should not do PS. Earlier before some people mentioned that Mi Rae wasn't a natural beauty but GB. So in the conversation they mention how Sooh Ah's beauty is natural then SA decided to put Mi Rae in the spot by questioning her if she did have PS. Everyone at the table got quiet but it was only the woman who noticed SA was not being nice and KS  turning the table on her. Once she realizes she almost got caught she started to cry and the guys are saying KS is mean. ---> I think this is the reason @Wotad said she hate people  chasing SA because she is pretty. They do look so vain because can you imagine if something were to happen to her face, all these guys wouldn't be around her anymore. So yeah they are vain. 

8 minutes ago, auntyem said:

SA is actually pretty scary.  She manipulates people, and twists things so that people actually believe her, but she is fake.  She misleads the guys into thinking that she’s from a rich family, when she’s actually not.  She gained MR’s trust, all the while she’s backstabbing her behind the scenes.  She is the worst kind of person, very deceitful and dangerous!  I’m glad that KS sees through her, because he is her ultimate goal, she wants HIM, that’s why she’s doing all this stuff to MR.  She is so jealous of MR.....and why? Because SA is pretty, all the guys like her, why can’t she just be happy with that attention? So annoying!

It's because she can't get DKS. She is prettier than KMR. She can manipulate people and twist plots and everyone is always on her side. Even when she makes KMR look bad or put her on the spot, she can't get DKS is even look at her. That's my opinion on SA.

Like KMR don't want people knowing about her past because she's always being bully, timid, not pretty, but a nice person. She just wants to be friends with people, because she didn't get that at all growing up. She doesn't understand the whole people like you for your inside beauty stuff. SA is like KMR, but just extremely evil. She's pretty and puts up a nice personality, easygoing, and innocent face. 

So in the situation, you get two beautiful freshmen girls and one handsome freshmen guy. When everyone else is drooling over SA, DKS isn't, he won't even look at her or say a single good work. That's why she hates KMR (in my opinion) and manipulates people and situation. It's like if she can make KMR look bad, DKS will turn to her, but he's an observant, he seen everything she's done, he don't see a beauty in her.

8 minutes ago, turtle0217 said:

That's why she hates KMR (in my opinion) and manipulates people and situation. It's like if she can make KMR look bad, DKS will turn to her, but he's an observant, he seen everything she's done, he don't see a beauty in her.

@turtle0217.. Chingu it's more than that. She like that DKS can see her, at times I feel like she doesn't want to be seen only as a beautiful girl but still enjoy the attention sometimes. She thinks he is HOT, loner and a challenge. She is also delusional , vain, manipulative and poor. 

@UnniSarah, I totally agree with you, that SA wants the attention, is sooooo jealous of the attention that MR gets.  Remember the lab scene? She purposely dropped the beaker after telling MR she’d take care of it, so that she could get attention.  She’s very immature, is what it is.  Attention monger! That’s why she keeps saying she’s not that pretty, cuz she wants the guys to confirm that she is.  I won’t say that SA is prettier than MR, they both are.  But goes to show KS’ depth as a person, he didn’t understand why MR had plastic surgery.....because he saw her beauty from within.  I think he’s like that because of his mother.....she is an attractive person on the outside, but she hurt he and his sister badly when she left the family.  To him it probably translates to her being Ugly inside.

10 minutes ago, auntyem said:

@UnniSarah, I totally agree with you, that SA wants the attention, is sooooo jealous of the attention that MR gets.  Remember the lab scene? She purposely dropped the beaker after telling MR she’d take care of it, so that she could get attention.  She’s very immature, is what it is.  Attention monger! That’s why she keeps saying she’s not that pretty, cuz she wants the guys to confirm that she is.  I won’t say that SA is prettier than MR, they both are.  But goes to show KS’ depth as a person, he didn’t understand why MR had plastic surgery.....because he saw her beauty from within.  I think he’s like that because of his mother.....she is an attractive person on the outside, but she hurt he and his sister badly when she left the family.  To him it probably translates to her being Ugly inside.

@auntyem... I agree chingu, DKS did consider some beautiful people as being ugly on the inside. Since he didn't know the 

full story to what happened between his parents. He also lost faith and respect for people. He became a loner and chose his friends carefully but he didn't exactly hate beautiful people was more cautious of them.  

Manga Readers or if you want to be spoiled.

Spoiler

In the manga he saw his mom almost committed suicide in front of her kids and husband. Her husband also verbally abused her. He got rough with her and she lost her sens of smell. After losing her sense of smell, she became depressed, stopped taking care of herself, then led to the husband calling her unattractive. It was his father who planted these horrible ideas in KS's mind. 

I'm reading the manga and let me just say that I can't wait for tomorrow's episode. If they show us the scenes from the manga, I will cry tears of joy! I don't want to spoil for anyone that hasn't read the manga, but those scenes are so great! I really hope they included them tomorrow:love:

Manga Spoilers!!!!

Spoiler

Scenes like the firework, the couple setup, the three girls teaching the guys their lesson and putting them in their place. 

Hi guys, new here. Enjoying the drama so much and loving the main leads, the storyline so far. Just curious, is it true that this drama will have no kiss scene between the main characters? I mean, if they keep up the pace and the story interesting enough, no kiss is no big deal for me. If it really has no kiss scenes, it will be my first time watching a drama that has no kiss scene, lol. 

12 hours ago, ganko said:

I love the scene when Mirae is flustered over Kyung-Seok drinking cider, then trying to run away. Best scene for me is when Kyung-Seok trying to stop Mirae going over street :D

I swoon over those scenes plus the ost. It really nailed the feeling. What the song title?:wub:

2 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

@auntyem... I agree chingu, DKS did consider some beautiful people as being ugly on the inside. Since he didn't know the 

full story to what happened between his parents. He also lost faith and respect for people. He became a loner and chose his friends carefully but he didn't exactly hate beautiful people was more cautious of them.  

Manga Readers or if you want to be spoiled.

1 hour ago, moonlover399993 said:

I'm reading the manga and let me just say that I can't wait for tomorrow's episode. If they show us the scenes from the manga, I will cry tears of joy! I don't want to spoil for anyone that hasn't read the manga, but those scenes are so great! I really hope they included them tomorrow:love:

Manga Spoilers!!!!

Wow! Thank you for the spoilers. I am really looking forward to how DKS's life is going to turn out. 

I am really looking forward to tomorrow's episodes, too. So excited

can't wait for today's episode!!!! acckkkk girls powerrrrr

I love everything about this drama, but MIRAE'S CLOTHES!!!

C'mon wardrobe department!

Mirae didn't dress so old-fashioned like this in the webtoon!!!

ughhh, the plaid shirt... and the last red-white shirt...:confused:

SA is digging  deeper. It's one thing to crave for attention but it's another thing to build her confidence by trampling on others. That's too low.

I am very disturbed by the guys' comments about girls. An average size girl being labelled as if she's hugely overweight, a woman who wears no makeup and prefer pants is labelled as tomboy and the girls made to wear demeaning clothes just to attract customers. It's awful but very true in school and campus life...

Oooo I can't wait for tonight as I am hoping SA to be KO-ed by KS's rejection again!!

1 hour ago, etylovedrama said:

I swoon over those scenes plus the ost. It really nailed the feeling. What the song title?:wub:

I think it is part of the ost, so far 3 songs have been released but not this one yet. Hopefully it will be the next one :)

Actually, I like almost all the changes from the manhwa, like for example the parents or now the meeting of the ex-love from KMR's middle school. It is more realistic as it is almost not possible to meet former classmates. Then KMR needs to face her inner demons: confronting her past.

In the preview, we see that the former school mate appears at the festival of the campus and starts calling her again "Kang Orc". What he has not realized yet is that the situation has changed. First, even if KMR has been given the nickname "Beauty of Gangnam", she is still appreciated. She has now friends. Besides, the students still consider her as a beauty. The students from the Chemistry department want to use her in order to attract people to their stand/bar. To conclude, the ex-classmate will never get the support from the others. I feel, the students of the Chemistry department will become quite protective of her. Moreover, I suspect that they might criticize him for bullying KMR in the past. I have the impression that this will backfire on him. As for SA, to me it is too soon for KMR to definitely perceive SA's cunning and fakeness. She will be suspicious but when the situation turns into KMR's favor, SA will side with the other students and give a "good explanation": she didn't know about the bullying.   

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Actually, I like almost all the changes from the manhwa, like for example the parents or now the meeting of the ex-love from KMR's middle school. It is more realistic as it is almost not possible to meet former classmates. Then KMR needs to face her inner demons: confronting her past.

In the preview, we see that the former school mate appears at the festival of the campus and starts calling her again "Kang Orc". What he has not realized is that the situation has changed. First, even if KMR has been given the nickname "Beauty of Gangnam", she is still appreciated. She has now friends. Besides, the students still consider her as a beauty. The students from the Chemistry department want to use her in order to attract people to their stand/bar. To conclude, the ex-classmate will never get the support from the others. I feel, the students of the Chemistry department will become quite protective of her. Moreover, I suspect that they might criticize him for bullying KMR in the past. I have the impression that this will backfire on him. As for SA, to me it is too soon for KMR to definitely perceive SA's cunning and fakeness. She will be suspicious but when the situation turns into KMR's favor, SA will side with the other students and give a "good explanation": she didn't know about the bullying.   

That's who the guy was. It totally slipped out of my mind. That's why I was confused on the preview why SA brought him to meet KMR. Ugh! THat just makes me hate SA more. Man! She is digging deeper like you stated @Ainee Etp :rage: Stupid selfish human being!

But yes, I agree that KMR will learn to deal with her past and she will learn to step up for herself. She isn't going to care about people calling her out anymore. She has friends who doesn't care how she looks like, like Eun and Jung Boon. They are nice to KMR.

3 hours ago, ilu2 said:

Hi guys, new here. Enjoying the drama so much and loving the main leads, the storyline so far. Just curious, is it true that this drama will have no kiss scene between the main characters? I mean, if they keep up the pace and the story interesting enough, no kiss is no big deal for me. If it really has no kiss scenes, it will be my first time watching a drama that has no kiss scene, lol. 

Hi and Welcome!

I really don´t think that they will give us no kiss scene - but you will maybe dissapointed if you hope for a lot. First - the characters of both who never dated before will make it a bit difficult. They will need there time. And for MR its even more difficult to accet to be in love and to understand that she is loved...

from the webtoon....

Spoiler

we know how hard that is for her - and that the Kiss will only happen in the last extra chapter - So it gives us the feeling that the kiss in the Drama will only happen in the very last episode too. But thats fine.

Archived