[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

0ly40

5 hours ago, Saja La said:

What if there is another story plot on top of this? I forgot where i read it, but i liked that person's idea of CR and SA was accidentally switched when they were a baby. Hence why CR is always the lucky ones....

ha Ha Ha Ha Ha ..... Chingu , As soon as I saw the synopsis, I believed that CR was the true heiress. There are so many kdrama where they truly messes up who the real heiress is. For example

@Lmangla...I will do it for you chingu . Ha ha ha ha Lolo :heart:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

p9AR6FTcZyQtFzYzLLZEx-mM5aUeSGh4fp8eixQm

WOW....I see sparks jumping out of the screen. I was kind of interested in this but the comments about the abuse in the first 4 episodes turned me off. On top of that main leads are tied up to other people....in short everything was telling me to stay away.

BUT...this...now this took my interest from 0-90 in a blink. I'll check it out after a few more episodes and after my other shows are finished. 

The whole scene reminded me of slap-kiss genre from thai lakorns....In there the leads usually end up in bed after scenes like this...with clothes strewn all over the place:blush:

22 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

ooh thanks @UnniSarah; it really looks intense no? can't believe how the actor pulls it off. saw him in one drama called golden bride or something like that where he was really soft person. so was quite surprised by that sudden switch in that scene..

I can't remember SCU playing anything other then a sweet guy always. Golden Bride, Make a woman cry, even in Life is beautiful he was an introvert but nice guy who had a hard time rejecting the girl who was in love with him.

This is a first time I'm seeing him play someone who is hiding his true self from people and always has a hidden agenda.   

23 minutes ago, dito said:

The whole scene reminded me of slap-kiss genre from thai lakorns....In there the leads usually end up in bed after scenes like this...with clothes strewn all over the place:blush:

kekekek... definitely that kind of lakorn vibe..  but no bed after scenes. maybe it might happen later... at least for now, the door bell rang! hahahah.. :lol:

Is it wrong of me to be glad that I am sick with the flu thus am able to watch this show. So far the show doesn’t fail to disappoint in anyway. It has all the familiar elements that you can expect in K-Dramas including Birth Secrets and what not yet the execution of them over here is just great. It also makes me wonder atleast who I should be rooting for among the female leads. Atleast for the moment I am rooting for Chae Rim because if anything she is the victim here and not only that unlike other leads who only try and covet the other leads things only because they think that it rightfully belongs to them by birth yet haven’t done much to earn it. This isn’t the case over here Chae Rim has clearly shown how much she loves and cares for the company by the amount of hard work she has put into it to make it so successful. Unlike let’s say in My Mysterious Personal Shopper where the second lead wouldn’t let go of the company and thought that it rightfully belonged to her even when she discovered that Seon was the rightful granddaughter of said company nor was she willing to share said company with her even though that was their grandfathers wish. The only good thing that she may have done was get rid of her Ex Husband from that company. But this isn’t the case for Chae Rin she has actually helped the company grow to its current position. Nor is she a force not to be reckoned with.

Spoiler

I pity the person that is going to come and stand in her way. The grandfather better have a reasonable gift to bestow on her if he doesn’t want to suffer her wrath because he has already messed with her company and she is on the search for him. If he thinks that her being married of will let her of the hook and she will thus stop searching for him he has another thing coming.

People have also wondered about Cha Eun Hyuk and his relationship with Yeon Ju and how he just isn’t into her and they are supposed to be getting married. I suspect that she was more into him and he probably just thought of her as a younger sister. Well okay maybe a bit more than that considering that they are already sleeping together but it makes sense if you consider who his father may be. It was mentioned in the character description of how his father was a gambler and abusive to him as well. The only one that matches this description seems to be the kidnapper Jo Pil Do as some of you must have already suspected. Infact the kidnapper even mentioned that Sua was taken away by a woman that he knew and sort of lived with. This makes Eun Hyuk someone who already knew the family from a long time and thus he probably ended up with them when his father got arrested. It also probably explains why Yeon Ju’s mother is okay with him living the way he is with her daughter and not yet marrying her.

People have also wondered about the lawyer Baek Do Hoon and why he is the only one searching for the real Sua when the others including her family aren’t doing so. If I were to make a guess, I would say for him it probably is guilt as he thinks that he is the reason that she got kidnapped in the first place and had they not been playing that day everything would have been fine. On the other hand, her family was seriously traumatized by the incident. Not only that but the kidnapper even mentioned that he not only killed her but also ate her up. Do they really believe that he was a cannibal is beyond me? But this put the mother in shock and she hasn’t been able to fully recover from said incident. Plus her periodically having those moments such as running after someone else’s child since she mistook them as her own or locking herself in her room etc.. would have the family more focused and occupied on her. The only person who probably thinks that Sua is really alive is the grandmother and why she hasn’t done anything towards finding Sua is something that needs to be explained. Regardless of this the family does still have hope in regards to Sua being alive as seen when they rushed of when they thought that there might have been a clue regarding her. In other words they are living with hope that she is still alive but aren’t fully sure about it either

On the other hand, Evil Granny should probably get a refund from the Evil Shaman. I would have called the grandmother a psycho or crazy but that is giving those two a good name. she goes beyond that to deliberately choose an innocent child just so that her grandchild lives a good life and all her bad luck is passed onto Chae Rin. Even then Evil Granny really isn’t the smartest person in town. For instance, you should first make sure that your unwilling victim is knocked unconscious and therefore can’t overhear your evil plans in regards to their wellbeing and all. Was it really too hard for her to get some drugged candies to give to young Chae Rin. Perhaps Chae Rin somehow messed up the ceremony such as removing those red string of fate from her wrists and only put them back on when she heard the Elders coming back or better yet switched those strings and that is why she is getting sort of lucky in her endeavors.

One could say that the rest of Chae Rim’s adopted family aren’t any better. Though they will always be better than Evil Granny just because they don’t know just how twisted she really is. With the mother I can give her a pass considering what trauma she just went through and losing her child and all. She sometimes is so out of it that she confuses her daughters or tries to think of Chae Rim as Sua’s replacement and all. The dad on the other hand knows the difference and he does seem to care about her to an extent but when it comes to rule making we all know who wears the pants in that house. Evil Granny’s word is the law. In the end he will do whatever she wants even if he has misgivings about it. For instance, when she was sick as a child with Scarlet Fever he should have taken her to the hospital no matter what somebody told him and if not that call for a doctor at their home. Even if he believed that Evil Granny that nobody else was aware that they adopted a child he could have easily claimed that the child belonged to one of the house help such as Sec. Kim. Also why adopt a child and keep her existence a secret. Did he never wonder why Evil Granny wanted it that way? Sure we as viewers know Evil Granny’s intention and all but the dad should have known something was up. Then on top of all this we have the current situation where the grandfather sabotaged their company so that he could get their company for himself and thus got Chae Rim as his family member and all in return for the funds and all. Now the dad was slightly suspicious of this due to the timing and all but Chae Rim convinced that this wasn’t the case. Had he been truly concerned he should have investigated the matter some more. One can probably excuse his actions that he was just to grateful that his company was out of the fire that he didn’t have time to think but one has to wonder if he would have been like that if it was his real daughter and she had to go through that.

Then we have Bozo he really doesn’t deserve the company when you think about it. So far his character description doesn’t seem to do him justice. He seems to be the type of person that likes to abuse his power as seen when he showed up late at a meeting that his grandfather had called and told that one director that the moment he would come into power he would be getting rid of said director. Granted that director was talking behind his back but would he actually be doing that if Bozo was actually any good at his job. Not only that but Bozo is already having an affair. He was in a relationship with a woman before his marriage and yet he continues to see her even after his marriage to Chae Rin. Heck he especially goes out to see her on the day he is married showing just how much of a jerk he really is. Then on top of all this he has the audacity to steal from the company by making a slush fund which his grandfather isn’t even aware of. Now someone asked why would he do that after all isn’t the company his in the first place. That is only if the grandfather agrees to hand it down to him and somehow I think that the grandfather might only do that to someone that he thinks is worthy. Heck the grandfather seems to put more value and credit in Eun Hyuk. I doubt that Bozo may think that the grandfather might hand it over to the driver but he might suspect that the grandfather might do so to another stranger. If that happens he knows that he won’t have anything to get by on. Meaning he needs to have a backup to survive in this case the slush fund. The other reason why Bozo isn’t likable to me is the fact that he is slightly abusive such as throwing that plate when Chae Rin tried to leave against his wishes. Then on top of all this he may be willing to cheat on his wife but he doesn’t want the same from her. Sorry as of now I don’t feel one bit sorry towards him. I wouldn’t mind if Chae Rin uses him and discards him later on for the purpose of her revenge.

My only issue right now is that her revenge is going to end up hurting a lot of people when you think about it. First of all, we have Yeon Ju herself. Who will probably end up losing her man to Chae Rin and then if it indeed does turn out that she is the missing Sua as the clues are pointing out then that means that Chae Rin will consider her as her enemy. Meaning that if those two even have any bonding moments between the two when they work at the same company or so are going to be thrown down the drain. Clearly Chae Rin wouldn’t want Sua to reclaim her position because that would mean that she won’t be able to get the company back and all her hard work would get wasted. This would be regardless of the fact that Sua might not even be interested in the company in the first place. But that won’t be an issue for Evil Granny who will do everything in her power to make it so. Any shares that the Evil Granny has will automatically go to Sua as well as the fact that she will demand that Yeon Ju be given management rights even if she isn’t ready for them. Plus if she really wants to spread salt on the wounds I wouldn’t put it past her to order Chae Rin to teach Yeon Ju what to do so that she can get said position.

As for the grandfather you can be sure that he is already aware of the fact that Chae Rin is a fake. Meaning that she is adopted. Remember he sent Eun Hyuk to locate her when he found Evil Granny’s actions suspicious and all. Eun Hyuk managed to do just that and found her in that mental asylum and overheard her conversation with Sec. Kim. He probably told the grandfather all that. Thus the question as to to Chae Rin resembles from her parents and all. At this moment the grandfather doesn’t really care that she is a fake because he is still getting what he wants and he is a businessman first and foremost even if he isn’t all that honest in his dealings. It will certainly get interesting when the real granddaughter ends up showing up what will he do then. Hopefully since he sees the value in people he may decide to keep Chae Rin around if he can get Evil Granny’s company because it would be a win-win situation for both of them. Chae Rin gets her revenge on Evil Granny and take over that company naturally with his help and all. If Chae Rin then agrees to hand over the company to him or let it be a part of his company in return for her running it he might just let her do it. After all he has just gotten a cosmetic company that he wants and needed to grow his empire.

Naturally things aren’t going to be as simple as that. We have to remember that Sua is supposed to have only good luck and all her bad luck is supposed to be transferred to Chae Rin. If that is the case what is going to happen when these two woman end up meeting. Has the luck thing not been working out all this well because they have been kept at a distance but will that change the moment they come in close proximity to each other. Will things slowly start to revert to things as they were meant to be and can Chae Rin find a way out of this curse.

Plus, how will Chae Rin go about having her revenge. Seems like she already has a hit list. If we go about it they should probably be somewhere along the line. Evil Granny, followed by Sec. Kim then Bozzo and perhaps Grandfather unless he does something to change her mind.

Another reason that one kind of feels bad for Chae Rin at the moment is that she has done everything to be accepted in that family for who she is and all that she has done for them and not as a replacement for the missing daughter. Just look at the mother who simply slapped her because she got late when they were supposed to be searching for wedding dresses and all. Granted she just had an episode so it might be understandable to some and thus we should probably cut her some slack but even that has limits in my view. So just imagine what is going to happen to her when the real Sua is ever discovered the poor Chae Rim is going to be forgotten like she never existed in the first place. Some of them might justify their actions with the thinking that since Chae Rin already received all the love and affection for X amount of years and that included what was meant for Sua as well then it is only natural that they do the same for their real daughter that was denied all this for those years. But one has to realize that isn’t fair on either child.

So what I would actually enjoy is if Chae Rim and Yeon Joo finally meet up together and work as a team instead of being at odds and show the Evil Granny a lesson or two especially after the truth is discovered. Also hope that Yeon Joo is going to be strong enough to resist the evil temptations of Evil Granny. Part of this may just be possible since Yeon Joo looks up to Chae Rin as a Role Model. Though those two might have an issue if you come to think about it. Chae Rin wants the cosmetic company now because of the way she has been treated by Evil Granny but Yeon Joo might get convinced that the only way to protect said company is to join Evil Grannys side for some weird reason or the other such as she is only protecting her grandmothers company that was built on her hard work and all and not let some undeserving stranger take it all away. Atleast that is if she gets influenced by Evil Granny. Hoping that doesn’t happen though.

Then we have Sec. Kim it is interesting to see how Sec. Kim seems to know just what Chae Rin is upto such as how she set the dog lose on purpose so that she could get adopted into that house. At times it does seem like she feels bad for Chae Rin but in the end her loyalty to Evil Granny always wins out. At times I wonder if she is her real Bio Mother. who wants to take bets that this is the case perhaps I have been watching to many dramas to even think that. It would also be nice to see Sec. Kim finally having it enough from Evil Grannys way and she thus not only turns her back on her but actually does what she promised Chae Rin all those years ago that if she survived being in that room when she was sick then she would start treating her like a real family member. Chae Rin should collect up on that claim someday. Problem is that there is nothing that can shatter her loyalty to Evil Granny at this point and it probably needs to be something major for that to happen. For instance, does she know about the ritual that Evil Granny did that day. Clearly she knew something happened since she brought Chae Rin into the room but she didn’t stick around to find out the details. If it indeed turns out that Chae Rin is her hidden daughter and that she had to suffer by accepting Sua’s bad luck it might be enough of a motivation for Sec. Kim to jump ship otherwise I have no idea what can happen.

Does anyone feel bad for Do Hoon the company lawyer. He is doing everything to find his first love only to discover later on that while she is still alive she has no memories of their past. Will he be simply glad that she is alive or will he want something more from her. Especially when you consider the fact that she is in love with somebody else now as well. If he had to choose sides I can clearly see him choosing Evil Granny’s side because he already is against Chae Rin and probably blames her to some extent for the real Sua either going missing or her enjoying the things that he thinks rightfully belong to Sua and then on top of all this if he discovers that she went after Sua’s man that will probably be the last straw as he will think that she did that on purpose and she has a thing for taking Sua’s things and all. Just for those reasons I can see him siding with Evil Granny and try and take Chae Rin down. Knowing this one can easily figure that he might be willing to alter the will to Evil Granny’s liking even if the dad may think that he is leaving the company to Chae Rin he would probably inform Evil Granny about said fact and thus go along with her plans of not letting this happen. So in some ways one can feel bad for Do Yoon but on the other hand if he goes down this route he can suffer for all I care.

Yeon Ju’s mother clearly has a secret. That is if Yeon Ju is indeed Sua she has had her for all those years and hasn’t done anything about it. A drama without a Birth Secret of some sorts isn’t really a drama then is it. In this case Yeon Ju is filling all the criteria of a person with a birth secret. Though what is different in this drama is that spot is usually for the Female Lead and not the Second Female Lead (or male lead depending on the circumstances) and this makes the drama all the more interesting.

The fire clearly traumatized young Sua that she lost all her memories. Even that flashback dream was probably something that comes to her at times but she doesn’t know what it means. Like someone mentioned her mother has a burn scar which she probably received when she tried to rescue her from it. Now the question is as to why the mother never returned the real Sua to her parents. Did she follow the standard K-Drama loss of a child and then decided to take in Sua as a replacement but actually grew to have feelings for her? We know that this is true because she defends her daughter as if she were her own or when she wanted the best wedding dress for her etc Perhaps she never knew who Sua’s real parents were and thus couldn’t find them and so decided to keep her with her till then. She just knew that Pill Do kidnapped her for ransom but before she could find out who they were he got arrested. Now one could say that Sua wasn’t any ordinary child so it would make sense that the press was covering said story and thus there would have been no way that the mother wouldn’t know who Sua’s real parents were. Perhaps she didn’t have a television because she couldn’t afford one at that time so she never watched the news and she never saw the missing adds in the newspapers because she never got them on time. Plus, she was probably recovering from her burns as well to pay attention to all this. This can be the only excuse for her not doing the right thing at that time.

Does anyone else find it all that amusing as to how Evil Granny likes to blame everything that went wrong regarding Sua or the company on Chae Rin when she herself is totally to blame for that. On top of that she accuses Chae Rin of perhaps having a talisman on her so that the real Sua can’t return or something to that extent that she may be casting rituals to that end (or had one done) when she is the type to do such things. That is why I just love it when Chae Rin does something that goes against Evil Granny’s plan or something happens that makes Evil Granny go into a bad mood as things aren’t happening to her liking and all. Even when she thinks that she has the advantage. For instance, when she sold of Chae Rin to the Grandfather she thought that she was not only getting rid of Chae Rin but also at the same time saving her company by getting that investment from the grandfather probably never realizing that the grandfather was the one responsible for her company’s troubles in the first place. In other words, she has just sold out her company and it can easily fall into Chae Rin’s hands if she plays her cards correctly.

As of now I don’t think that Chae Rin will agree to the grandfather’s terms easily that she should take over the company and hand it over to him since she has great love for said company and has worked hard for it to reach where it currently has but if Evil Granny continues to behave the way she has been doing and if she discovers who the real Sua is and tries to get her to take over said company I can probably see Chae Rin agreeing to the grandfather’s terms and all but instead she tells him that she gets to keep the company. How she will get out of her marriage with Bozo will be interesting to see though.

As of now he really is a wimp at times. Sure he can be abusive of sorts but that is only because he thinks that he has the power and is in control but once you take that away from him you realize that he indeed has nothing on him. Once Chae Rin starts to show her true colours and what she is truly capable he will start to get impressed by her unfortunately Chae Rin just isn’t into him and will drop him like a sack of hot potatoes. He should have probably been nicer to her when he had the chance. Not only that but he also doesn’t seem all that smart so I can see her save him for her own purposes. Such as come up with a plan that will help his company and that is going to not only impress the directors but him also. The grandfather on the other hand will realize where the idea really came from and will probably at this point come and try to make a deal with her. For me I am just wondering when she will discover that the grandfather was the one that got her company into trouble the first time and how that happens and what she plans to do at that point.

I also like how Chae Rin seems to have a lot of attitude and knows what to do in most of the situations. Such as she figured out that she needed to pretend that she was okay with the marriage to get out of that ward. Speaking of that incident just look at how terrible her parents were even the nice Dad. They simply didn’t care where she was during this time. The dad just thought that she was gone somewhere to do something important but he wasn’t bothered as to what it was. Again would he have been the same way if she was his real daughter, In other words I really wouldn’t mind if she takes away that company from under them or else she goes her separate ways and later on purchases said company just for the sake of her revenge and to deny Evil Granny her desire to keep the company not only in the family but to also hand it over to Sua. Unfortunately, I have no idea what else she can do to take her revenge on the rest of her people on her hit list. Frankly if she wants to do some real damage to Evil Granny then it should be to expose her for who and what she really is. Apparently nobody in that house knows her true colours and thinks that she is a harmless old kind lady. Even if one person decides to leave that house and join her I would be really happy. Unfortunately, that person could only be her dad and that wouldn’t be any real loss for Evil Granny as he is her SiL and I can assume that she only tolerates him because of her daughter. What she really needs to do is take not only the company away from Evil Granny but also her daughter (Chae Rin’s mother). this will be the real icing on the cake and probably a better victory for her leaving the Evil Granny empty handed and alone. Problem is that the mother is to out of it to even realize what is going on and Sec. Kim is just to loyal. Dad probably doesn’t have as much power as he thinks that he has.

@darr you mentioned something about the Second Female Lead and how the boys at Happy Together tease her thus this is her to shine and all. How exactly do they tease her and do you recall which episodes that has happened in. I don’t really watch that show and for me it is totally at random if I do watch one. So in that case I would love to see and hear them tease her. Hopefully she will get better in one of her shows and probably will get the right man in the dramas. She was in House OF Bluebird but she was put on a plane and forgotten about in that show. She didn’t get to be with the lead at all. Atleast over there she was a supporting lead. On the other hand when she was a Second Female lead in did manage to get the Jerky Second Lead in the last drama that I saw her in even though she manipulated everyone around her like crazy for that to happen. Was by the writer that is currently giving us Love To The End not that this matters in this show,

@irilight Yellow Boots is indeed a good and interesting drama as well it was also recommended to me by someone. Unfortunately, the site that they linked to me had one episode that was corrupted. 7 I think. Or one of the early episodes and no matter which site I tried to find it on all seemed to have the same problem. Other than that I really enjoyed the show. Have reached the midway point in that show. Then I always seem to get distracted with other new shows. Probably if I can get a vacation in October to attend a friend’s wedding might I catch up on the remaining show. Lee Yuri certainly doesn’t fail to disappoint no matter where she appears in even if it was a cameo like in Band Of Sisters. She really deserves the title Queen Of Crazy. :grin:

Anyway that should be all for now. I guess I have covered the points that I wanted to make for now. So till next time. Looking forward to reading all your posts and your thoughts regarding this show.

For instance, I wonder how the next episode will resolve the matter of Eun Hyuk in the wedding couple’s hotel room. We know from the trailer that she won’t reveal to her husband that he was bugging him and try to use that as leverage and probably try and work with him to get what she wants. Plus, since he is going to become her driver it means that he isn’t going to get caught in the room without a good reason. Will she probably tell him to hide in the toilet and claim to Bozo that she didn’t hear him knocking because she was in the shower and him being an idiot will believe that. Etc. or does anyone have a better idea will love to hear those ideas then.

On 8/27/2018 at 6:34 AM, dito said:

I can't remember SCU playing anything other then a sweet guy always. Golden Bride, Make a woman cry, even in Life is beautiful he was an introvert but nice guy who had a hard time rejecting the girl who was in love with him.

This is a first time I'm seeing him play someone who is hiding his true self from people and always has a hidden agenda.   

In the drama that SCU acted in last year, "The Secret of My Love" was different than other dramas I've seen him in, although it was a daily drama so it did get frustrating lol. 

On 8/26/2018 at 9:57 PM, Lmangla said:

but his interactions with soo ah totally lacked interest. he couldn't care less about getting married to her and he seemed so indifferent to her conversations. almost like a robot that is in switch off mode. so not sure what to expect of this pairing..

@Lmangla, I agree....  He sort of did not seem interested in her at all... But it sort of made me curious about their background together... Was there a time when they had real passion in their relationship?
Hec, maybe SA and bozzo will fall deeply in love with each other.... ;):)

On 8/26/2018 at 10:31 PM, UnniSarah said:

i love this scene and the intensity between them is Daebak. Their chemistry is off the chart

@UnniSarah, thank you for bringing us this scene.. :wub:
I agree, and I loved it too...   How I have missed seeing Song Chang-Eui...   

Which reminds me to call out to @Ayame and @hibiscus23...

Got to run....  Will catch up with the thread a little later.

On 8/27/2018 at 1:00 AM, ggry said:

YJ is definitely SA.

Towards the end of E02, on a stormy night, YJ was having that nightmare of a little girl caught in a fire.

@ggry thank you....
But now it raises other questions.

Anyway, the irony of it all is -- if DHS was indeed the woman who made off with SA, for her 2 altercations with SA's real mother PHR, she didn't know who PHR  was. If she did, she would probably be hiding herself and YJ for life. Yet there she was, berating PHR, behaving like she's morally superior when she's part of the reason why the poor woman is such a psych basket case. In any case, things will start unraveling for her as YJ/SA continues to cross path with her real mom + the kidnapper is after her with DH right behind him.

ah... sounds like we are up for a lot of fun in episodes to come. Thank you - I wait with anticipation.
ah... thank you you @ggry. You actually answered my question here by correcting me that the scene I described is present day scene with another child and PHR.

CR intrigues EH because they have a whole lot more in common with each other than with their spouses.

Both were abused by their families from young.

Both got to where they are now through sheer willpower.

He can understand her pain. Compare that to the cheerful YJ who's doted on by DHS.

YJ's family might be of the same socio-economic background as his, but their family situations are poles apart.
One more thing, just like CR, EH covets Taesan Group.

The only thing different is, CR will lash out but EH will hold it in till he finally explodes.

EH has better self control, but he's just as messed up as CR inside.

Thank you for your take on these two, who intrigue all of us. Sounds like we will indeed have sparks flying. Oh, that would be so sweet if they manage to take control of Taesan Group.
And that horrid grandma NHG, I wonder what would she think if she were to meet YJ as her beloved long lost SA.  Wouldn't grandma be disappointed? It's like her dream come true in the form of a nightmare, for real. 

CR would not have ended up eating the ginseng intended for SA.

My guess is that without that ginseng, CR might have dies. She was so sick, and no one would attend to her.

On the other hand, the old witch can have her most trusted shamaness conjure up some creepy bozo improvement ritual.

haha... ! good one,,,   rofl-smiley-emoticon.gif

Nearly forgot to mention, we might be getting 48 eps rather than 40 eps for this drama.

At least the Korean sites listing HAS now have it down as 48.

oh... that would be great  
MDL still list it with 40 episodes.

EH is supposed to have blind faith in $$$ and power.

As and when he finds out YJ = SA = real heiress of MakePacific...

If he hasn't burnt his bridges with YJ by then...

If he hasn't come to his senses... OR, having weighed the situation...

Maybe, EH and YJ will remain a pair.

I hope not...  girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon.gif
I really want to see EH with CR...   

Than you for all your answers...

I watched some EH and CR scenes and I'm loving their chemistry....EH is already being bothered by her....he kept remembering her words that he overhead at the hospital. Then he thought of her when the gf was putting the jacket on him. The scene where CR was drunk and told him not to save her unless he was ready to take responsibility for her till the end...then when he saved her and she lashed out at to him to watch closely how her life turns out now as a punishment....he was effected by those words...Finally in the last scene when he overpowers her and holds her down he was leaning in towards her face before the knock on the door interrupted...for a kiss, I'd say, but it's too early for that.

LYR does seem a bit ott to me but it works for this genre....she seemed on the verge of a mental breakdown in the hospital scene. Maybe that's why EH and CR are meant to be....her emotions are all over the place and his are secured tightly deep down where no one can touch them...atleast til now.

On 8/28/2018 at 3:12 AM, yamiyugi said:

Naturally things aren’t going to be as simple as that. We have to remember that Sua is supposed to have only good luck and all her bad luck is supposed to be transferred to Chae Rin. 

I did not read ALL of your comments coz it was sooo damn longggg. The only thing i will comment is for the above paragraph you wrote above. I think you are mistaken. Soo Ah has always been the UNLUCKY ones. The shaman said in order for Soo Ah to get rid of her unlucky is to transfer it to another kid, hence why CR was brought in. Yes, i do agree that CR most probably took out the strings when the elders got out of the room so that Soo Ah bad luck doesn't go to her. 

To me Soo Ah still unlucky- she was unlucky to have gotten herself kidnapped. Unlucky that the lady who supposed to keep the girl did not hand over the kid back to the police even AFTER PD was arrested. Soo Ah was unlucky in love, as in she chase the bodyguard and not the other way round.

And for CR, she is lucky that she is still in that family despite that evil old hag trying to kick CR out of the family this past 20 years.... CR is lucky in making the business successful and CR is lucky to get all education overseas (coz the grandma did not want to see CR). So if CR could be lucky to get a good control of her bozo husband, she will be appointeda good management position in Teasan Group. Or if her FIL (he is not the grandfather dear, he is the bozo's dad) force a divorce and make bozo marry soo ah, I really hope that that bozo's dad will quickly realized what an unlucky person Soo Ah is to his company. Makepacific had a big lost due to Soo Ah poor judgement on her management decision, which made Teasan Group lost a huge $$$ and that Teasan other project fail AFTER Soo Ah became his family.... Soo Ah miscarriage lots of times with bozo's seed.

And the grandma is FORCE to take CR back in order to get CR's good luck fortune back to her company and to make sure that Soo Ah becomes less unlucky. But in this scenario, CR will hold the upper hand and the grandma will be furious as hell with this but she will pretend to agree just so she can save Soo Ah.... 

@Saja La ~ am not sure if being still associated with that crazy family is good luck or bad luck for chae rim. she seems like the type of person who would have thrived anywhere including the orphanage and she has had a miserable life behind all the glitz. so not sure if we can really call that good luck. soo ah on the other hand may be poor but she is loved and secure. she looks happy. isn't that good luck in a way?

5 hours ago, Lmangla said:

@Saja La ~ am not sure if being still associated with that crazy family is good luck or bad luck for chae rim. she seems like the type of person who would have thrived anywhere including the orphanage and she has had a miserable life behind all the glitz. so not sure if we can really call that good luck. soo ah on the other hand may be poor but she is loved and secure. she looks happy. isn't that good luck in a way?

Maybe the "lucky" that the grandma's interpretation, CR is the one that benefit it all, CR is healthy, successful, good looks, smart, not insane, respected person in the company and gutsy. Being kind and sweet, one step to be someone's doormat  may not be in that grandma's lucky list.   

For all kdramas, there's always a page at their official website where the creative intent is stated.
However, that bit seems to be often, if not always, neglected in English translations.

Just so all of you have an idea what's driving this drama, here's a rough translation --

There is no nice/good main character who sheds tears and puts up with it.

There's no fate worse than the net of the law.

There's also no schematic good or evil.

This drama asks the questions -- who is good and who is evil, and who should the stone be cast at?

This drama will be one that's a little different from the standard drama, breaking away from schematic good and evil, showing the hidden/other side of life through the pure human desire/ambition to do the best that can be done within the fate given to oneself.

In a nutshell -- don't expect the characters to be black and white, they're all in various shades of grey.

Anyway, ratings for the first 4 eps --

TNmS                                    AGB

Nationwide  Seoul           Nationwide      Seoul

E01     2.7%            2.8%                 3.2%             3.4%
E02     6.8%            6.9%                 7.2%             7.2%
E03     6.5%            6.7%                 7.0%             7.2%
E04     7.7%            8.0%                 8.1%             8.4%

21 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

"let me introduce her" is not being aired this weekend due to asian games it seems. any idea of this drama which is also in the time slot?

I don't think it'll air tomorrow. I checked the imbc page for this drama and it said 5-6 and 7-8 will be airing on 8 sept.

I just finished ep 1 and 2 and I'm prepared for the long ride.  48 episodes. Crushing for SCU at the moment. Life's like that ya know..hehe.

I like both the leads. They're good with this type of drama. I've watched both their previous drama though I'm not active in those drama threads.

CH  was adopted from orphanage. That halmoni ( who I want to strangle.. I mean really) treats her like rag. They were looking for  girl to adopt so they can transfer bad luck to her... but red strings of fate was cut.. CH is feisty. I like she didn't want to get adopted so she ran but the words from secy of that halmoni inflamed her so so instead, she wanted to be the one to get adopted.  Meanwhile SA who was sick  was kidnapped but wasn't returned to the police. As  flashback shows,  PJ ( the guy in prison) took her while playing hide and seek with young DH - who's now a lawyer- I think he's determined to look for Soo Ah.  They 'll probably end up together in this drama..

And CH well, should we be be surprised if we find out she's the heiress for Taesan group? She's adopted. We don't know who are her parents. But you know how  kdrama works with longer episodes. And of EH,  the cold silent type. We haven't even seen his  flashback. His mother left him with gangster father who abuses him. Again it's  long drama so all of these characters will tie in with one or the other. I won't be surprised if the father had something to do  or even had a part with SA disappearance or something like that.

Archived