[Drama 2018] Hide and Seek, 숨바꼭질

0ly40

LYR is in it so I HAVE TO WATCH but, I can't believe how much I am enjoying this drama, I am at the edge of my seat week after week and I like how we get a little bit of a revelation each week. The chemistry between the leads is great.

CEH is the son of the man who kidnapped Soo ah, he also knows this which is why he stayed with her and protected her for as long as he has. But, I don't think CEH knows she is actually an heiress being searched for by her family. Obligation and a sense of guilt is what their relationship is. I also think he likes CR because they are both vulnerable and know each others secrets so he is just himself when he is with her. I believe he is also investigating the accident/murder of MJS's first wife. 

Soo ah is going to be the evil character closer to the grandmothers character of this show. She will know what happened btw CEH and CR but they will not know that she knows, and she will use that to to play her many many tricks. We see in the preview she is already pretending to be the "missing daughter" and is already trying to replace CR. Nothing like a woman scorned.

Absolutely loving to show!!!

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

LYR is in it so I HAVE TO WATCH but, I can't believe how much I am enjoying this drama, I am at the edge of my seat week after week and I like how we get a little bit of a revelation each week. The chemistry between the leads is great.

CEH is the son of the man who kidnapped Soo ah, he also knows this which is why he stayed with her and protected her for as long as he has. But, I don't think CEH knows she is actually an heiress being searched for by her family. Obligation and a sense of guilt is what their relationship is. I also think he likes CR because they are both vulnerable and know each others secrets so he is just himself when he is with her. I believe he is also investigating the accident/murder of MJS's first wife. 

Soo ah is going to be the evil character closer to the grandmothers character of this show. She will know what happened btw CEH and CR but they will not know that she knows, and she will use that to to play her many many tricks. We see in the preview she is already pretending to be the "missing daughter" and is already trying to replace CR. Nothing like a woman scorned.

Absolutely loving to show!!!

Do you think in light of all this he didn’t like CR in the beginning and didn’t want to help her.. thinking she was intentionally playing the heiress out of greed.. As he watched her he sees she is a victim and not just playing the part of the heiress.. now as he is seeing more and more of who she is and what she has been dealing with he is finding himself attracted to her

10 minutes ago, ajummapunkinssi said:

Do you think in light of all this he didn’t like CR in the beginning and didn’t want to help her.. thinking she was intentionally playing the heiress out of greed.. As he watched her he sees she is a victim and not just playing the part of the heiress.. now as he is seeing more and more of who she is and what she has been dealing with he is finding himself attracted to her

Does he feel sorry CR? sure. Does he pity her? NO. I'm not sure he knows his fiancee is Soo Ah. He might be searching for her family but he also sees she's happy with her current life. I think what he feels for CR is animalistic at the moment he is attracted to her, and he likes her strength and survival instinct to win against her enemies. CR genuinely supports him, whether he is good/evil as she said "even if the whole world judges you, I won't" and that hits home because he had bad parents who did bad things. CEH for the first time in his life found something/someone he wanted and cared for, and he couldn't hold himself back.

9 minutes ago, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

Does he feel sorry CR? sure. Does he pity her? NO. I'm not sure he knows his fiancee is Soo Ah. He might be searching for her family but he also sees she's happy with her current life. I think what he feels for CR is animalistic at the moment he is attracted to her, and he likes her strength and survival instinct to win against her enemies. CR genuinely supports him, whether he is good/evil as she said "even if the whole world judges you, I won't" and that hits home because he had bad parents who did bad things. CEH for the first time in his life found something/someone he wanted and cared for, and he couldn't hold himself back.

Oh I don’t think he really pities her at all.. he admires her for how she can overcome her obstacles.. he knows something about SA, even if he doesn’t know that that is her true family. He knows she is from a wealthy household 

I had saw this on ninja-reflection and it interested me to watch the first episode and before you know I'm hooked!! I love everything about this drama. From the character to the the story. 

The real heiress and chaebol guy deserve each other! I feel that everything going to change soon. And i Hate her family, but i know in the end CR will get her happy ending. She better!!

Episodes 3 and 4 are interesting because we get a bit of character development as well as have a few of our suspicions confirmed as well or atleast we get to ask ourselves a few questions regarding the characters.

But before I get into that let me answer a question.

Spoiler

@Saja Lamentioned how they think that Soa was the real unlucky one because she not only got kidnapped but also lost her memory along the way and due to that Chae Rin is the lucky one because she got to stay on in that house and lived a comfortable life on top of all this she even managed to study abroad because the Evil Grandmother didn’t want her around. To this I would partially agree with you but not completely. Did Chae Rin actually live a great life is debatable at best. In this case I would say it would come down to a matter of perception or one can say the glass is half full or half empty.

For example, let’s take animals in a zoo. They are clearly held in captivity but one can easily argue in their favour that these animals must be real lucky than their wild counterparts because they atleast get three square meals a day unlike the ones in the wild who might have to go hungry a few times if they lose their prey or can’t find one on top of all this the animals in the zoo must have a great set of Dental and Health plans and packages to take care of them etc See we can easily do a positive spin on them as well. But for those that were captured from the wild and raised in the zoos they probably long for the freedom of the wilds that they were captured from and even though they have great space to roam in their new pens and no matter how close to their natural habitat the place looks like it will probably be not enough for these animals. On the other hand their kids who have no idea of where their parents came from would probably find all this normal as they wouldn’t know what they are missing out on and all.

But let’s get back to Chae Rin’s character and why I don’t think that she had the comfortable life as the people think that she did. Since perception is everything to the rich in this show she clearly made it appear that she had everything, she dressed well and showed no signs of abuse. But abuse isn’t all physical but mental as well and this is the area where she was targeted on. Never sure whether the people loved her for who she was or for the lost daughter as well as what would her fate be if the real one showed back up. She clearly stated that she had been sent back to the orphanage when her adopted parents got tired of her (before she came to this house). So she knows what it means to be tossed aside when people get tired of you.

Not only that we also have to consider something else. She was taking the role of the substitute daughter way to literally. At times when her mother would seem to lose it she had to pretend to be Soa to calm the mother down. Now one can say that she did this willingly because she was worried about her mother’s health and all. But we also have to realize that she was never truly free the moment she entered that house because she had to literally be at the beck and call of the Evil Grandmother. Come help her mother out of her state, leave after all this was done without a bit of thanks from anybody else. One has to wonder just who was aware of all this. Was the dad aware that she had to do this. Clearly the parents are totally out of the loop when it came to her abuse from the grandmother.

Even when she was out studying abroad one has to ask just how stress free was she. According to Evil Grandmother she has psychological problems over there and that is why she was trying to help her relax and recover by sending her to that mental asylum. The stress to prove herself useful certainly caught up with her at that point when she was abroad. Granted her condition wouldn’t have been so serious over there and the grandmother was clearly exaggerating the matter to get rid of her but one gets the point.

Then on top of all this she has to keep all this to herself so not even her parents know of what is going on the stress would get to anybody. This is on top of what the public views them. She also has to keep the fact that she has been adopted a secret as well as covering up her grandmother’s actions. Such as when her husband entered her room and found it all empty because Evil Grandmother had everything not only removed but destroyed as well. She couldn’t reveal to him what had really happened so she made up some excuse that the grandmother had everything removed because she cared about her and didn’t want things to get dusty and all etc.. This then brings us back to the condition of how the parents weren’t interested in the fact as to what was happening to their daughter all along. The mother can easily be excused due to her mental state but what about her dad. Sure he seems to care to an extent about her but he truly doesn’t know what is happening under his own roof. You can be sure that he is totally oblivious to the fact that his daughters room has been emptied or the real reason why she was forced to marry somebody else. He does suspect something for the later yet he is unable to do anything about it. Sure one can blame that he doesn’t have much power in that house still he should be a better dad somehow. Unfortunately, Evil Grandmothers word is the law and he has no power against that.

@Saja La I would also like to apologize for writing such a long post I tend to lose track of what I want to say and start rambling which I get can get a bit boring. So I can understand why someone wouldn’t want to read my entire post or just the size of it alone keeps people away at times. So I am extremely grateful if someone even reads part of it.

@ggry That is what makes this drama interesting that there is nobody that is totally good or evil like in real life but at the same time that also serves as a small problem. If this was reality that would be totally believable but since this is a drama it becomes a small issue because in these shows and stories we all like and want are the forces of good to triumph over the forces of darkness and vanquish them once and for all. Slay the dragon and rescue the person that needs saving and then live happily ever after. After all we need to root for someone and in this case the person that is evil and that needs to be defeated is clearly the Evil Grandmother unless we want to believe that she is a nice person at heart and the truly evil one is her Shaman that is manipulating her all along for whatever nefarious reason. Perhaps she wants to milk them for their wealth and has found easy marks etc.. Regardless of this fact someone needs to bring these people to either their senses if they are being deceived and take down the evil witch. Who gets that role remains to be seen?

Though from the scenes from the next episode we may get an idea of how Yeon Joo is preparing to join the dark side unless that is the imagination of Chae Rin. Probably after witnessing her fiancée kiss another woman and then to discover the picture of said woman in his wallet (though he did have a good reason to keep it) one can then easily imagine that she would decide to take her revenge on the woman that supposedly stole her man by stealing what is important for her. In this case her life and all. That includes her family as well. At first she won’t realize that she is only coming back to her rightful place but the moment she does she will probably have another reason to go against Chae RIn thinking that she purposely tried to keep her apart from her family. This way we can clearly see how she can Team Up with Evil Granny to kick Chae Rin out of that house and company.

Frankly I can see Evil Grandmother accepting Yoon Joo to help out with the mother problem ie pretending to be the daughter even without her knowing the truth (that she is the real Soa) because she will feel this is the perfect way to get rid of Chae Rin and not be dependent on her so much. Plus, I can see this as one way where Yeon Joo can see the real Grandmother for who she really is and just what kind of life Chae Rin has been living through. So at first she may be okay in trying to steal Chae Rin’s life especially when she realizes that it was her life in the first place but after she realizes just how Chae Rin was being treated she may come to understand her and forgive her as well. But till then we will have to probably see them on opposing sides. Perhaps she will realize that in her quest for revenge she is turning into a monster and someone that she can’t realize till the people that are important to her point said thing out to her.

Now while I may not be a superstitious person I still like to put a semi logical spin to what happens in these dramas at times so perhaps the reason why Soa isn’t always that lucky is because the Evil Grandmother didn’t follow the instructions properly and that messed up the ritual. For instance, the Shaman told her to keep Chae Rin in that pit till 12 in the night aka The Witching Hour and then remove her this way all of Soa’s bad luck would be transferred to her. But the grandmother failed to do so and if it wasn’t for Sec. Kim Lord knows how long poor Chae Rin would have been left there. Due to this perhaps something backfired. Also Evil Grandmother really isn’t all that smart if she forgot about Chae Rin over there because if she had died then the ritual really would have backfired and they would require to find another child to take her place. As far as I can tell the victim should stay alive for the spell to be constantly work. Meaning if it has nowhere to go then it should return to the original recipient ie Soa. But if both children are alive then they are connected by stings of fate where the luck is transferred to each other. Then again what do I know about spells since I am no expert in this area nor am I a practitioner of the dark arts. :lol:

Anyway this brings us to the pit rescues of Chae Rin. The first time she was rescued by Sec. Kim. Now I know that this isn’t possible at all if this was real life but this being a drama I wouldn’t put it past the writer to pull such a stunt. Does anybody else think that Sec. Kim maybe her real mother. On one hand there are hints that maybe possible or perhaps I am just reading too much into things that aren’t there. For instance, let’s look at the fact that when Evil Grandmother was looking for a substitute child she was taken to an orphanage for the child selection. Now one can be sure that orphanage probably wasn’t selected by Evil Grandmother on her own. Being the rich type she would have left that job to her underlings or in this case Sec. Lee. In this case if Sec Lee had left her daughter for some reason at that orphanage then it would make perfect sense for her to select said orphanage. She would also find this as the perfect reason or excuse to get said child adopted in their house and thus be near her daughter all the time. Granted it makes no sense why she would want her own daughter to suffer such a ritual and fate if she was the real mother. But if you ignore said fact for the time being lets look at a few other things.

She doesn’t seem to be fully evil like her boss and seems to show some sort of concern towards Chae Rin. Such as when she was in the pit and Evil Grandmother had forgotten about her we see her give a worried glance at the clock indicating that it was past the pick up time. There have also been other times when we see that she seemed to be a bit worried in regards to Chae Rin such as when she was sent to the mental asylum. It seemed like she had no idea of just what she was going through when she was studying abroad and it seemed like she had a concerned expression on her face. Granted that bit could have been due to the fact that since Chae Rin had been part of the family for so long she did develop a certain amount of affection for her but not enough to betray Evil Grandmother. Then we have the moment when we see her stop Chae Rin from running from the orphanage and she managed to convince her to stay and perhaps try her luck to get adopted of sorts. Again we have to question why the sudden interest in a child that isn’t related to you. She could have simply ignored the matter and let the child run away since it had nothing to do with her. Yet she instigated Chae Rin to stay and try her luck out or that time when Chae Rin was sick she said just the right things knowing her personality and thus knowing that Chae Rin would manage to pull through with the right kind of motivation and all. Infact had she been smarter she could have helped out Evil Grandmother in a way that would have been more troublesome for Chae Rin in the future.

What I mean by this is that she could have noticed Chae Rin leaving and thus whispered to Evil Grandmother that they should leave and thus picked up Chae Rin while she was running and this way they could have gotten her into the house without anyone being the wiser. Thus if something were to even happen to Chae Rin such as her going missing later on nobody would have been the wiser. But the current way of having Chae Rin probably would make this harder because there would be bound to be some paperwork indicating her adoption. Not saying that her going missing still can’t happen. Just that it may not be as simple as one would think even if Evil Grandmother tried to brush it under the proverbial rug or so.

Heck at this point I wouldn’t put it past that her dad is going to turn out to be her actual Bio Dad. So for instance Sec. Lee may have had an affair or was in a relationship with him but when she discovered that she was pregnant with her she gives birth secretly and left her at that orphanage. Perhaps that is also the reason why Chae Rin gets along so well with him at that house and he seems to be the only one that actually cares for her even though he isn’t aware of the truth. Then again this probably isn’t that kind of drama so this wouldn’t be the case.

We then come up to the moment when Chae Rin and Eun Hyuk have their moment when he is applying said medicine on her and they talk about their families and how they each understand the others motivation or rather how he understands her. He brings up the fact that he would rather have no ties to his family or something to that extent. Then we have the next episode’s scenes where we discover that the kidnapper had a son who has gone missing. Clealrly these are clues that said person would have to be Eun Hyuk who has changed his name to escape from his past.

Though this brings up the question just how exactly did he end up with Yeon Joo’s family. Was it totally by drama chance that they met each other and thus he moved into her place or did he recognize his father’s Ex-Girlfriend and thus approach them on purpose also how is it that the mother doesn’t seem to recognize him. I mean if the mother has gone all this time without contacting Pil Do the kidnapper she must have a reason. In this case I probably suspect that she wouldn’t want to do anything with his son as could probably tell his father where they were living and thus be able to track them down unless he managed to convince her that he had cut all ties with his father and wanted to forget about what he did and have a new life. In this case I might see her relent a bit but if this were the case shouldn’t he have realized the truth regarding Yeon Joo.

The problem with this fact is that earlier I might have suspected that she did the typical K-Drama thing where she lost her child and then substituted her lost child with Yeon Joo but actually grew to have feelings for her. Infact Pil Do even mentioned that she ran away with her previous employer’s money because her child was sick due to heart complications and all. This would have given us the perfect reason that said daughter ended up dying and thus the mother decided to keep Soa as her own to replace said daughter. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to add up because we must note that when Pil Do was searching for the mother he was asking about a woman with two children yet she has three children including Yeon Jo meaning she had all her children survive and she added another one to the list. Now we can all see were that is going.

Though one has to wonder just how old each of the children were to not remember a new addition to the family and all.

The workers discovering Chae Rin’s identity and leaving her in that pit was a dumb move. They were only fortunate that she wasn’t willing to take any kind of legal action against them for that. Had anything happened to her such as her ending up with a cold or suffering some kind of serious injury while she was trying to escape then all those workers would have been liable for that. It wouldn’t matter if they were on strike or that they had poor working conditions because what they had done was equally wrong as well and equally criminal. Granted those working rights are equally important and Taeson Group should have been punished for their actions as well but that is a different story altogether. In other words, she was fortunate that she didn’t get in anything serious.

Though her having revenge on that poor head worker was equally full of Karma but Bozo was a total idiot. Not for falling for her trap but because he left that worker in a pit as well. Had it been under the same conditions as Chae Rin’s then it wouldn’t have been an issue but instead he did it when it was raining and had Chae Rin not shown up for that rescue he would have likely died to multiple causes. It was raining heavily that night so he could have drowned or he might have gotten a cold even if he somehow managed to survive till the next day when he was rescued. Clearly Bozo didn’t take any of that into consideration and in that case Bozo would have been charged with murder. While it might be good headline material and perhaps even a touch of Karma I would still feel bad for the worker that had to pay a price for these two players

Fortunately, the grandfather figured out what Chae Rin did that day. Unfortunately, he is realizing that she isn’t someone that he can easily control. This means that he better come up with some kind of plan to get her on his side. The merger isn’t going to go well without her support because she is going to fight to the end to prevent it and he better be on her side by then or else he will have a headache which he may not be able to handle. We have already heard how she tends to go crazy when it comes to her company and that she is willing to do anything to protect it. This is beyond whether she has earned it or not but more about her dedication to it and I can see her willing to accept his deal if she thinks that it can be protected or if she wants revenge on Evil Grandmother and thus take away her company out of spite. The grandfather would have to offer such terms to her if he wants to keep the company. On top of that he probably will need to let her deal with the management rights and all. In other words, he won’t have real control and that is something that he wants but this will have to be the closest that he can get considering that she is family so the company is with him that way.

We also have Eun Hyuk’s who seems to be a real mystery. He seems to be actively working against Taesan Group but the question is why. For instance, when they were searching for Mr. Choi he could have ignored the matter. Even tricked Chae Rin to get into the car and then drive her off to the cooking class. What she did next wouldn’t have been on him. Instead he helps her track him down. Even when they followed him to his motel Chae Rin had her doubts because he had hidden so well that she didn’t expect him to do so. But it was his actions that convinced her to continue to investigate. Had he been loyal to grandfather he wouldn’t have done any of that. Unless he wasn’t aware of the fact that Bozo and Grandfather were involved but I find that hard to believe. Also while he seems to be loyal to them he doesn’t go out of the way to help them. For instance, when Bozo accidentally turned on the microphone and thus let all the workers know what he was thinking about them Eun Hyuk didn’t bother to inform him about said actions even though he was aware of the fact. The part where he had bugged Bozo’s car wasn’t enough proof that he had his own agenda since he could have easily done so to keep tabs on Bozo and report to the grandfather as he was normally doing but the other actions such as not informing Bozo what was going on shows that he has his own agenda. We have to wonder though what that is and why.

Perhaps he knows that the grandfather was the one that had hired his father to kidnap Soa with promises to look after the dad when he did if he did get caught and if he remained quiet about said matter. So he wants revenge for that reason but he doesn’t seem to have much love for his father so I find that hard to believe.

@dito huh it seems like we have the same idea of how the Sec could be Chae Rin’s mother just noticed that later on after I finished my post.

@UnniSarah thanks for your well wishes. Doing much better. A good rest does wonders.

The biggest secret that Chae Rin is currently holding is that she is a substitute daughter to Evil Grandmothers family. So she doesn’t have real value in making marriage alliances and she fears that she will get kicked out wherever she ends up with the moment this fact is discovered. As for her birth secret that is interesting if she does have one. But I don’t think that she is related to Taesan group. Think about it in this way. If she was related to Tae San in anyway ie his child or grandchild that he wasn’t aware of then he married her of to Bozo who just happens to be his son. Meaning that he married his illegitimate daughter to his son. That is a big no even if they don’t have anything between them in this marriage. Don’t even want to get into the complications that we will get later on to fix this up. At this point it would be better if she isn’t related to anybody or if one really needs to have everyone connected trope to apply here then Sec. Lee makes a whole lot more sense who the father is well that is probably a story for another day.

@Lmangla Asked whether there was mention about her failed adoptions. I think it was in episode 4 when she mentioned something to that extent to Soa’s mother who promised her that she wouldn’t abandon her. Chae Rin was so grateful to her that she promised her that she would make nice cosmetics at that point. If I recall correctly it was here that she mentioned how she was adopted 3 times before being rejected. It was suggested that perhaps she was returned due to her personality but what if due to Sec Lee’s actions. I wouldn’t put it past her to track down said families and offer to pay them to return Chae Rin back to the orphanage. This way she would always keep tabs on her and be the one to adopt her when she was able to do so. But could she really be that manipulative if she was her mother. wouldn’t her living a nice and comfortable life be more important to her. These are all good questions that we need to ask ourselves.

@ajummapunkinssi In regards to Eun Hyunk having a picture of Chae Rin in his wallet is easily explained. Remember how Evil Granny had all of Chae Rins things burned because she was led to believe that Sua would only return if that were to happen. Well when Chae Rin returned from her honeymoon with Bozo they went to Evil Grandmothers house to pay their greetings. During this time Eun Hyuk was waiting outside for them when he noticed the burnt items. Over there he found one of her burnt pictures which he took. Perhaps he was planning on returning it to her later on but never got the time to do so or he was thinking of how best to use it against her.

In regards to the kiss between Chae Rin and Eun Hyuk don’t expect fireworks to fly right of the bat. Nor is it romantic one bit. I get that he is unsure about his feelings but that is no way to treat another person especially when you know said person is married. Even if you know that person doesn’t love their partner and vice versa. But that was him forcing himself on her. We could clearly see that she wasn’t enjoying the kiss either. Meaning in the next episode she is probably going to free herself and then slap him for his audacity. Frankly it is too early for her fall in love with him. I can see her working as partners for now since they have a common goal of taking down Taesan Group. For her it is because Bozo dared to harm her company as for him it is still unknown. But as those two work together she may actually develop feelings for him. He has had a better opportunity to study her and all but now she needs to do the same and consider just how much she can trust him.

Let’s face it his loyalty to Moon Tae Son is at an interesting spot as of now. From the clip of the next episode Moon Tae San mentions that he is aware of her being a substitute granddaughter yet he still went ahead with the marriage because it suited him and this isn’t the first time he made such a reference though it was more like he hinted when he asked who Chae Rin resembled when it came to her parents. This can only mean that Eun Hyuk already revealed to him the fact that she is a fake or else he did his own background check on her and discovered this fact. Somehow I don’t think it is the later.

Speaking of Moon Tae San he needs to be brought down a peg or two, I don’t know if he is evil as the grandmother but he is equally bad. He won’t hesitate to destroy companies to add them to his own companies. He mentioned how no matter how much he eats he still remains hungry the answer to his question is because he is to greedy he can never be satisfied with what he has. Pretty soon he is going to realize that he has bitten of more than he could chew when he decided to accept Chae Rin as his DIL. He thought that he could control her because he knows her secret or the fact that he could keep her in her place by keeping her occupied by sending her to those cooking classes. Only for him to discover that she can’t be controlled all that easily. Threatening her with her secret isn’t going to work on her because she will realize that she has nothing to lose at that point meaning he just made a major mistake. Eventually he is going to start to respect her when he realizes that she is far more capable than his own son. The question we then have to ask will it be too late by then. As of now she has sworn never to work with them but that might also change at some point.

In regards to Chae Rin’s adopted father I think that he is far more useless in this drama than compared to his role in Heavens Promise. Over there while he may have been clueless in regards to his wife’s actions he could still deal with company matters. But over here it has clearly been indicated that he doesn’t know much. For instance, when the lawyer advised him to take legal action against Mr. Choi for the money that they lost he told him to let the matter slide as the problem had been peacefully resolved. He had no idea what his daughter had done for him. On top of that he is unaware of what happens in his own home. Take the fact that his daughters room has been emptied and the items over there have been burnt and destroyed. He really needs to get Father Of The Year Award. Infact he is so bad at his work even Bozo who works at another company is aware of said fact and they know that the real person in power is Chae Rin and that is another reason why they are trying to keep her busy behind those cooking classes so that she doesn’t know what is going around in her company and when they take it over. They really shouldn’t underestimate her because it will eventually cost them big time. Again not that I care because they frankly deserve what is coming to them.

As for Yeon Jo perhaps ending with her first love aka the lawyer. Am unsure about that. Since he isn’t the first or second male lead her getting him will be highly unlikely. It would be more probable that he ends up with one of her sisters though. On the other hand, I wonder if he can ever work with Chae Rin or will he join Evil Grandmothers side. It can go both ways since he can either see all the good that Chae RIn has done for the company and the sacrifices that she has made for it and thus her sincerity or will he be blinded by his love for a woman that has already forgotten him (due to no fault of her own) and moved on or continue to think that Chae Rim is trying to take something that doesn’t belong to her when the real owner is someone else so he will actively be working against her.

Anyway that should cover most of my points for now. Will head off to bed so take care all of you and keep posting. Will be looking forward to reading them. :D

I finished all the episodes.. wooooh!  boy that was a fast progression...CR EH kissed already and  on the day of EH wedding.. to the shocked eyes of SA. I love it!!!!!  at the end of the last scene,  damn cliff hanger I wanted more ... more of them. I like Lee Yoo Ri. I always watch her drama.  Every time I see  male lead, I crush him! :P

I like how EH stood there didn't try to stop CR  in whatever she's doing.. esp at the sauna.  He knows, she's feisty and will be able to take care of herself. Had the sauna bath locked by broom stick.  I don't think he feels pity for CH. There is feeling. Obviously hence he wouldn't  have kissed.  He has seen how CH was treated badly by the halmoni ( who I really want to strangle! hah!)  the bozzo husband JS (who's like comic relief.. I'm sorry it's just how I see) his facial reaction and  incredulous look.. haha.

When CH told EH the hardship and  and what she's going  through being adopted, being fake with not knowing  the real parents,  EH countered that  with it was like  him, though not directly telling her about his family,  we get to see how he was feeling about having  his father. I actually though we're gonna see flashback.... but I think it'll be in later episodes. We know from synopsis, EH was abused by his father.  There's that emotional connection with CH and EH both were abused mentally emotional.. (physically, for EH but  need to see first the flashback)

@yamiyugi wow that was long post I read..  I appreciate your post and analysis and thought.

11 hours ago, yamiyugi said:

Episodes 3 and 4 are interesting because we get a bit of character development as well as have a few of our suspicions confirmed as well or atleast we get to ask ourselves a few questions regarding the characters.

But before I get into that let me answer a question.

Reveal hidden contents

@Saja Lamentioned how they think that Soa was the real unlucky one because she not only got kidnapped but also lost her memory along the way and due to that Chae Rin is the lucky one because she got to stay on in that house and lived a comfortable life on top of all this she even managed to study abroad because the Evil Grandmother didn’t want her around. To this I would partially agree with you but not completely. Did Chae Rin actually live a great life is debatable at best. In this case I would say it would come down to a matter of perception or one can say the glass is half full or half empty.

For example, let’s take animals in a zoo. They are clearly held in captivity but one can easily argue in their favour that these animals must be real lucky than their wild counterparts because they atleast get three square meals a day unlike the ones in the wild who might have to go hungry a few times if they lose their prey or can’t find one on top of all this the animals in the zoo must have a great set of Dental and Health plans and packages to take care of them etc See we can easily do a positive spin on them as well. But for those that were captured from the wild and raised in the zoos they probably long for the freedom of the wilds that they were captured from and even though they have great space to roam in their new pens and no matter how close to their natural habitat the place looks like it will probably be not enough for these animals. On the other hand their kids who have no idea of where their parents came from would probably find all this normal as they wouldn’t know what they are missing out on and all.

But let’s get back to Chae Rin’s character and why I don’t think that she had the comfortable life as the people think that she did. Since perception is everything to the rich in this show she clearly made it appear that she had everything, she dressed well and showed no signs of abuse. But abuse isn’t all physical but mental as well and this is the area where she was targeted on. Never sure whether the people loved her for who she was or for the lost daughter as well as what would her fate be if the real one showed back up. She clearly stated that she had been sent back to the orphanage when her adopted parents got tired of her (before she came to this house). So she knows what it means to be tossed aside when people get tired of you.

Not only that we also have to consider something else. She was taking the role of the substitute daughter way to literally. At times when her mother would seem to lose it she had to pretend to be Soa to calm the mother down. Now one can say that she did this willingly because she was worried about her mother’s health and all. But we also have to realize that she was never truly free the moment she entered that house because she had to literally be at the beck and call of the Evil Grandmother. Come help her mother out of her state, leave after all this was done without a bit of thanks from anybody else. One has to wonder just who was aware of all this. Was the dad aware that she had to do this. Clearly the parents are totally out of the loop when it came to her abuse from the grandmother.

Even when she was out studying abroad one has to ask just how stress free was she. According to Evil Grandmother she has psychological problems over there and that is why she was trying to help her relax and recover by sending her to that mental asylum. The stress to prove herself useful certainly caught up with her at that point when she was abroad. Granted her condition wouldn’t have been so serious over there and the grandmother was clearly exaggerating the matter to get rid of her but one gets the point.

Then on top of all this she has to keep all this to herself so not even her parents know of what is going on the stress would get to anybody. This is on top of what the public views them. She also has to keep the fact that she has been adopted a secret as well as covering up her grandmother’s actions. Such as when her husband entered her room and found it all empty because Evil Grandmother had everything not only removed but destroyed as well. She couldn’t reveal to him what had really happened so she made up some excuse that the grandmother had everything removed because she cared about her and didn’t want things to get dusty and all etc.. This then brings us back to the condition of how the parents weren’t interested in the fact as to what was happening to their daughter all along. The mother can easily be excused due to her mental state but what about her dad. Sure he seems to care to an extent about her but he truly doesn’t know what is happening under his own roof. You can be sure that he is totally oblivious to the fact that his daughters room has been emptied or the real reason why she was forced to marry somebody else. He does suspect something for the later yet he is unable to do anything about it. Sure one can blame that he doesn’t have much power in that house still he should be a better dad somehow. Unfortunately, Evil Grandmothers word is the law and he has no power against that.

@Saja La I would also like to apologize for writing such a long post I tend to lose track of what I want to say and start rambling which I get can get a bit boring. So I can understand why someone wouldn’t want to read my entire post or just the size of it alone keeps people away at times. So I am extremely grateful if someone even reads part of it.

@ggry That is what makes this drama interesting that there is nobody that is totally good or evil like in real life but at the same time that also serves as a small problem. If this was reality that would be totally believable but since this is a drama it becomes a small issue because in these shows and stories we all like and want are the forces of good to triumph over the forces of darkness and vanquish them once and for all. Slay the dragon and rescue the person that needs saving and then live happily ever after. After all we need to root for someone and in this case the person that is evil and that needs to be defeated is clearly the Evil Grandmother unless we want to believe that she is a nice person at heart and the truly evil one is her Shaman that is manipulating her all along for whatever nefarious reason. Perhaps she wants to milk them for their wealth and has found easy marks etc.. Regardless of this fact someone needs to bring these people to either their senses if they are being deceived and take down the evil witch. Who gets that role remains to be seen?

Though from the scenes from the next episode we may get an idea of how Yeon Joo is preparing to join the dark side unless that is the imagination of Chae Rin. Probably after witnessing her fiancée kiss another woman and then to discover the picture of said woman in his wallet (though he did have a good reason to keep it) one can then easily imagine that she would decide to take her revenge on the woman that supposedly stole her man by stealing what is important for her. In this case her life and all. That includes her family as well. At first she won’t realize that she is only coming back to her rightful place but the moment she does she will probably have another reason to go against Chae RIn thinking that she purposely tried to keep her apart from her family. This way we can clearly see how she can Team Up with Evil Granny to kick Chae Rin out of that house and company.

Frankly I can see Evil Grandmother accepting Yoon Joo to help out with the mother problem ie pretending to be the daughter even without her knowing the truth (that she is the real Soa) because she will feel this is the perfect way to get rid of Chae Rin and not be dependent on her so much. Plus, I can see this as one way where Yeon Joo can see the real Grandmother for who she really is and just what kind of life Chae Rin has been living through. So at first she may be okay in trying to steal Chae Rin’s life especially when she realizes that it was her life in the first place but after she realizes just how Chae Rin was being treated she may come to understand her and forgive her as well. But till then we will have to probably see them on opposing sides. Perhaps she will realize that in her quest for revenge she is turning into a monster and someone that she can’t realize till the people that are important to her point said thing out to her.

Now while I may not be a superstitious person I still like to put a semi logical spin to what happens in these dramas at times so perhaps the reason why Soa isn’t always that lucky is because the Evil Grandmother didn’t follow the instructions properly and that messed up the ritual. For instance, the Shaman told her to keep Chae Rin in that pit till 12 in the night aka The Witching Hour and then remove her this way all of Soa’s bad luck would be transferred to her. But the grandmother failed to do so and if it wasn’t for Sec. Kim Lord knows how long poor Chae Rin would have been left there. Due to this perhaps something backfired. Also Evil Grandmother really isn’t all that smart if she forgot about Chae Rin over there because if she had died then the ritual really would have backfired and they would require to find another child to take her place. As far as I can tell the victim should stay alive for the spell to be constantly work. Meaning if it has nowhere to go then it should return to the original recipient ie Soa. But if both children are alive then they are connected by stings of fate where the luck is transferred to each other. Then again what do I know about spells since I am no expert in this area nor am I a practitioner of the dark arts. :lol:

Anyway this brings us to the pit rescues of Chae Rin. The first time she was rescued by Sec. Kim. Now I know that this isn’t possible at all if this was real life but this being a drama I wouldn’t put it past the writer to pull such a stunt. Does anybody else think that Sec. Kim maybe her real mother. On one hand there are hints that maybe possible or perhaps I am just reading too much into things that aren’t there. For instance, let’s look at the fact that when Evil Grandmother was looking for a substitute child she was taken to an orphanage for the child selection. Now one can be sure that orphanage probably wasn’t selected by Evil Grandmother on her own. Being the rich type she would have left that job to her underlings or in this case Sec. Lee. In this case if Sec Lee had left her daughter for some reason at that orphanage then it would make perfect sense for her to select said orphanage. She would also find this as the perfect reason or excuse to get said child adopted in their house and thus be near her daughter all the time. Granted it makes no sense why she would want her own daughter to suffer such a ritual and fate if she was the real mother. But if you ignore said fact for the time being lets look at a few other things.

She doesn’t seem to be fully evil like her boss and seems to show some sort of concern towards Chae Rin. Such as when she was in the pit and Evil Grandmother had forgotten about her we see her give a worried glance at the clock indicating that it was past the pick up time. There have also been other times when we see that she seemed to be a bit worried in regards to Chae Rin such as when she was sent to the mental asylum. It seemed like she had no idea of just what she was going through when she was studying abroad and it seemed like she had a concerned expression on her face. Granted that bit could have been due to the fact that since Chae Rin had been part of the family for so long she did develop a certain amount of affection for her but not enough to betray Evil Grandmother. Then we have the moment when we see her stop Chae Rin from running from the orphanage and she managed to convince her to stay and perhaps try her luck to get adopted of sorts. Again we have to question why the sudden interest in a child that isn’t related to you. She could have simply ignored the matter and let the child run away since it had nothing to do with her. Yet she instigated Chae Rin to stay and try her luck out or that time when Chae Rin was sick she said just the right things knowing her personality and thus knowing that Chae Rin would manage to pull through with the right kind of motivation and all. Infact had she been smarter she could have helped out Evil Grandmother in a way that would have been more troublesome for Chae Rin in the future.

What I mean by this is that she could have noticed Chae Rin leaving and thus whispered to Evil Grandmother that they should leave and thus picked up Chae Rin while she was running and this way they could have gotten her into the house without anyone being the wiser. Thus if something were to even happen to Chae Rin such as her going missing later on nobody would have been the wiser. But the current way of having Chae Rin probably would make this harder because there would be bound to be some paperwork indicating her adoption. Not saying that her going missing still can’t happen. Just that it may not be as simple as one would think even if Evil Grandmother tried to brush it under the proverbial rug or so.

Heck at this point I wouldn’t put it past that her dad is going to turn out to be her actual Bio Dad. So for instance Sec. Lee may have had an affair or was in a relationship with him but when she discovered that she was pregnant with her she gives birth secretly and left her at that orphanage. Perhaps that is also the reason why Chae Rin gets along so well with him at that house and he seems to be the only one that actually cares for her even though he isn’t aware of the truth. Then again this probably isn’t that kind of drama so this wouldn’t be the case.

We then come up to the moment when Chae Rin and Eun Hyuk have their moment when he is applying said medicine on her and they talk about their families and how they each understand the others motivation or rather how he understands her. He brings up the fact that he would rather have no ties to his family or something to that extent. Then we have the next episode’s scenes where we discover that the kidnapper had a son who has gone missing. Clealrly these are clues that said person would have to be Eun Hyuk who has changed his name to escape from his past.

Though this brings up the question just how exactly did he end up with Yeon Joo’s family. Was it totally by drama chance that they met each other and thus he moved into her place or did he recognize his father’s Ex-Girlfriend and thus approach them on purpose also how is it that the mother doesn’t seem to recognize him. I mean if the mother has gone all this time without contacting Pil Do the kidnapper she must have a reason. In this case I probably suspect that she wouldn’t want to do anything with his son as could probably tell his father where they were living and thus be able to track them down unless he managed to convince her that he had cut all ties with his father and wanted to forget about what he did and have a new life. In this case I might see her relent a bit but if this were the case shouldn’t he have realized the truth regarding Yeon Joo.

The problem with this fact is that earlier I might have suspected that she did the typical K-Drama thing where she lost her child and then substituted her lost child with Yeon Joo but actually grew to have feelings for her. Infact Pil Do even mentioned that she ran away with her previous employer’s money because her child was sick due to heart complications and all. This would have given us the perfect reason that said daughter ended up dying and thus the mother decided to keep Soa as her own to replace said daughter. Unfortunately, this doesn’t seem to add up because we must note that when Pil Do was searching for the mother he was asking about a woman with two children yet she has three children including Yeon Jo meaning she had all her children survive and she added another one to the list. Now we can all see were that is going.

Though one has to wonder just how old each of the children were to not remember a new addition to the family and all.

The workers discovering Chae Rin’s identity and leaving her in that pit was a dumb move. They were only fortunate that she wasn’t willing to take any kind of legal action against them for that. Had anything happened to her such as her ending up with a cold or suffering some kind of serious injury while she was trying to escape then all those workers would have been liable for that. It wouldn’t matter if they were on strike or that they had poor working conditions because what they had done was equally wrong as well and equally criminal. Granted those working rights are equally important and Taeson Group should have been punished for their actions as well but that is a different story altogether. In other words, she was fortunate that she didn’t get in anything serious.

Though her having revenge on that poor head worker was equally full of Karma but Bozo was a total idiot. Not for falling for her trap but because he left that worker in a pit as well. Had it been under the same conditions as Chae Rin’s then it wouldn’t have been an issue but instead he did it when it was raining and had Chae Rin not shown up for that rescue he would have likely died to multiple causes. It was raining heavily that night so he could have drowned or he might have gotten a cold even if he somehow managed to survive till the next day when he was rescued. Clearly Bozo didn’t take any of that into consideration and in that case Bozo would have been charged with murder. While it might be good headline material and perhaps even a touch of Karma I would still feel bad for the worker that had to pay a price for these two players

Fortunately, the grandfather figured out what Chae Rin did that day. Unfortunately, he is realizing that she isn’t someone that he can easily control. This means that he better come up with some kind of plan to get her on his side. The merger isn’t going to go well without her support because she is going to fight to the end to prevent it and he better be on her side by then or else he will have a headache which he may not be able to handle. We have already heard how she tends to go crazy when it comes to her company and that she is willing to do anything to protect it. This is beyond whether she has earned it or not but more about her dedication to it and I can see her willing to accept his deal if she thinks that it can be protected or if she wants revenge on Evil Grandmother and thus take away her company out of spite. The grandfather would have to offer such terms to her if he wants to keep the company. On top of that he probably will need to let her deal with the management rights and all. In other words, he won’t have real control and that is something that he wants but this will have to be the closest that he can get considering that she is family so the company is with him that way.

We also have Eun Hyuk’s who seems to be a real mystery. He seems to be actively working against Taesan Group but the question is why. For instance, when they were searching for Mr. Choi he could have ignored the matter. Even tricked Chae Rin to get into the car and then drive her off to the cooking class. What she did next wouldn’t have been on him. Instead he helps her track him down. Even when they followed him to his motel Chae Rin had her doubts because he had hidden so well that she didn’t expect him to do so. But it was his actions that convinced her to continue to investigate. Had he been loyal to grandfather he wouldn’t have done any of that. Unless he wasn’t aware of the fact that Bozo and Grandfather were involved but I find that hard to believe. Also while he seems to be loyal to them he doesn’t go out of the way to help them. For instance, when Bozo accidentally turned on the microphone and thus let all the workers know what he was thinking about them Eun Hyuk didn’t bother to inform him about said actions even though he was aware of the fact. The part where he had bugged Bozo’s car wasn’t enough proof that he had his own agenda since he could have easily done so to keep tabs on Bozo and report to the grandfather as he was normally doing but the other actions such as not informing Bozo what was going on shows that he has his own agenda. We have to wonder though what that is and why.

Perhaps he knows that the grandfather was the one that had hired his father to kidnap Soa with promises to look after the dad when he did if he did get caught and if he remained quiet about said matter. So he wants revenge for that reason but he doesn’t seem to have much love for his father so I find that hard to believe.

@dito huh it seems like we have the same idea of how the Sec could be Chae Rin’s mother just noticed that later on after I finished my post.

@UnniSarah thanks for your well wishes. Doing much better. A good rest does wonders.

The biggest secret that Chae Rin is currently holding is that she is a substitute daughter to Evil Grandmothers family. So she doesn’t have real value in making marriage alliances and she fears that she will get kicked out wherever she ends up with the moment this fact is discovered. As for her birth secret that is interesting if she does have one. But I don’t think that she is related to Taesan group. Think about it in this way. If she was related to Tae San in anyway ie his child or grandchild that he wasn’t aware of then he married her of to Bozo who just happens to be his son. Meaning that he married his illegitimate daughter to his son. That is a big no even if they don’t have anything between them in this marriage. Don’t even want to get into the complications that we will get later on to fix this up. At this point it would be better if she isn’t related to anybody or if one really needs to have everyone connected trope to apply here then Sec. Lee makes a whole lot more sense who the father is well that is probably a story for another day.

@Lmangla Asked whether there was mention about her failed adoptions. I think it was in episode 4 when she mentioned something to that extent to Soa’s mother who promised her that she wouldn’t abandon her. Chae Rin was so grateful to her that she promised her that she would make nice cosmetics at that point. If I recall correctly it was here that she mentioned how she was adopted 3 times before being rejected. It was suggested that perhaps she was returned due to her personality but what if due to Sec Lee’s actions. I wouldn’t put it past her to track down said families and offer to pay them to return Chae Rin back to the orphanage. This way she would always keep tabs on her and be the one to adopt her when she was able to do so. But could she really be that manipulative if she was her mother. wouldn’t her living a nice and comfortable life be more important to her. These are all good questions that we need to ask ourselves.

@ajummapunkinssi In regards to Eun Hyunk having a picture of Chae Rin in his wallet is easily explained. Remember how Evil Granny had all of Chae Rins things burned because she was led to believe that Sua would only return if that were to happen. Well when Chae Rin returned from her honeymoon with Bozo they went to Evil Grandmothers house to pay their greetings. During this time Eun Hyuk was waiting outside for them when he noticed the burnt items. Over there he found one of her burnt pictures which he took. Perhaps he was planning on returning it to her later on but never got the time to do so or he was thinking of how best to use it against her.

In regards to the kiss between Chae Rin and Eun Hyuk don’t expect fireworks to fly right of the bat. Nor is it romantic one bit. I get that he is unsure about his feelings but that is no way to treat another person especially when you know said person is married. Even if you know that person doesn’t love their partner and vice versa. But that was him forcing himself on her. We could clearly see that she wasn’t enjoying the kiss either. Meaning in the next episode she is probably going to free herself and then slap him for his audacity. Frankly it is too early for her fall in love with him. I can see her working as partners for now since they have a common goal of taking down Taesan Group. For her it is because Bozo dared to harm her company as for him it is still unknown. But as those two work together she may actually develop feelings for him. He has had a better opportunity to study her and all but now she needs to do the same and consider just how much she can trust him.

Let’s face it his loyalty to Moon Tae Son is at an interesting spot as of now. From the clip of the next episode Moon Tae San mentions that he is aware of her being a substitute granddaughter yet he still went ahead with the marriage because it suited him and this isn’t the first time he made such a reference though it was more like he hinted when he asked who Chae Rin resembled when it came to her parents. This can only mean that Eun Hyuk already revealed to him the fact that she is a fake or else he did his own background check on her and discovered this fact. Somehow I don’t think it is the later.

Speaking of Moon Tae San he needs to be brought down a peg or two, I don’t know if he is evil as the grandmother but he is equally bad. He won’t hesitate to destroy companies to add them to his own companies. He mentioned how no matter how much he eats he still remains hungry the answer to his question is because he is to greedy he can never be satisfied with what he has. Pretty soon he is going to realize that he has bitten of more than he could chew when he decided to accept Chae Rin as his DIL. He thought that he could control her because he knows her secret or the fact that he could keep her in her place by keeping her occupied by sending her to those cooking classes. Only for him to discover that she can’t be controlled all that easily. Threatening her with her secret isn’t going to work on her because she will realize that she has nothing to lose at that point meaning he just made a major mistake. Eventually he is going to start to respect her when he realizes that she is far more capable than his own son. The question we then have to ask will it be too late by then. As of now she has sworn never to work with them but that might also change at some point.

In regards to Chae Rin’s adopted father I think that he is far more useless in this drama than compared to his role in Heavens Promise. Over there while he may have been clueless in regards to his wife’s actions he could still deal with company matters. But over here it has clearly been indicated that he doesn’t know much. For instance, when the lawyer advised him to take legal action against Mr. Choi for the money that they lost he told him to let the matter slide as the problem had been peacefully resolved. He had no idea what his daughter had done for him. On top of that he is unaware of what happens in his own home. Take the fact that his daughters room has been emptied and the items over there have been burnt and destroyed. He really needs to get Father Of The Year Award. Infact he is so bad at his work even Bozo who works at another company is aware of said fact and they know that the real person in power is Chae Rin and that is another reason why they are trying to keep her busy behind those cooking classes so that she doesn’t know what is going around in her company and when they take it over. They really shouldn’t underestimate her because it will eventually cost them big time. Again not that I care because they frankly deserve what is coming to them.

As for Yeon Jo perhaps ending with her first love aka the lawyer. Am unsure about that. Since he isn’t the first or second male lead her getting him will be highly unlikely. It would be more probable that he ends up with one of her sisters though. On the other hand, I wonder if he can ever work with Chae Rin or will he join Evil Grandmothers side. It can go both ways since he can either see all the good that Chae RIn has done for the company and the sacrifices that she has made for it and thus her sincerity or will he be blinded by his love for a woman that has already forgotten him (due to no fault of her own) and moved on or continue to think that Chae Rim is trying to take something that doesn’t belong to her when the real owner is someone else so he will actively be working against her.

Anyway that should cover most of my points for now. Will head off to bed so take care all of you and keep posting. Will be looking forward to reading them. :D

I love reading long posts. Keep posting them please. Makes me appreciate how much thought and emotion we invest in these supposedly unrealistic Kdramas.

Watching western shows never gave me this emotional satisfaction that Kdramas give me.

I've been watching Kdramas for about 8 years or so now.....I gave up western shows after that....I don't miss them at all. I do occasionally go back to check them out if a story interests me but I can never complete them now....coz I'm always itching to come back to Kdramas. 

On 8/28/2018 at 2:09 PM, irilight said:

@Lmangla, I agree....  He sort of did not seem interested in her at all... But it sort of made me curious about their background together... Was there a time when they had real passion in their relationship?
Hec, maybe SA and bozzo will fall deeply in love with each other.... ;):)

@UnniSarah, thank you for bringing us this scene.. :wub:
I agree, and I loved it too...   How I have missed seeing Song Chang-Eui...   

Which reminds me to call out to @Ayame and @hibiscus23...

Got to run....  Will catch up with the thread a little later.

chingoos so sorry i haven't been here for a while now. need to sharpen the blade right hahaha! you guys enjoy this one coz i hvnt really started it albeit i miss SCE.

i hv to check it out now!

I am sooo into this kdrama Hide and Seek.... Loveeeee the chemistry between CR and EH...!!! 

Damn, EH doesn't even care that CR is married, he is sooooo into her and everything else be damn.... ! The Ice man has burst into flame the minute CR even hinted that she will not criticise him for whatever he does plan to do ... Love that he couldn't even wait a second to let her know how he feels about CR ...!!

Do you know, i love the last scene and i wish it was longer and that the only thing i can criticise on the last scene is that they focus on SA.... I was like  "what the hell, cameraman, move away from focusing on that SA, i wanna see more of CR-EH kissing and NOT SA...!!!! SA, you are blocking my view....!!!! "

@yamiyugi  Hi there, i did read most of what you wrote for me.... If you are just focusing on the bad side of it, then everything will be just bad, know what i mean? I tend to want to view the good side of it, CR still has a family (getting kicked out of from a family 3 times must have made CR more motivated to stay for good or for bad). If you have at least 1 family member showing love and care to you, you'll stay in that family, and CR had her dad (amid a weak one, but nevertheless CR has one). And after seeing how her dad is still being controlled by haimoni, CR seems to accept that haimoni need to be obeyed as how her dad is obeying haimoni... 

After 20 years, I do believe that CR has come to love her family even that crazy loon of a haimoni. So yeah, i have no problem CR wanting to stay as her family over there. So pretending to be SA in order to calm her beloved mom,.. CR did that willingly for her mom, she did not do it for fear of being kicked out... So,  i have no problem on this too... :)

And based on a  LOT of k-drama, orphan are mostly portrayed as bad thing and they barely even get an education let alone love.... So as to compare to if she was to send back to the orphanage to her current life, CR current life is much better.....

So, if CR was to be kicked out now, CR at the very least has her overseas education degree to fall back on along with her working experience.... 

On 9/10/2018 at 2:41 AM, ObsessiveCompulsive said:

Spot on....! I couldn't have said it any better.... ! 

Archived