[Drama 2018] Tomorrow Is Sunny as Well / Sunny Again Tomorrow, 내일도 맑음

0ly40

1 hour ago, jayakris said:

I know we all like HG, for a what a straight-up guy he has been.  But the lie about dating HN way back is the one thing on which the writer has been inconsistent on the character of HG.  I think HG is wholly responsible for HN getting his mom's wrath, and we still have not seen him fixing the issue properly like he should have done a long time ago.  She didn't deserve to have water thrown on her.

I mean, he has not come out and said clearly that EVERY part of that lie was of his making and that HN did nothing on her own.  Heck, he had no business pulling a truly reluctant HN into that "girlfriend charade" to start with.  I was pretty upset at him at that time itself, for really not doing enough to keep HN out of losing her friendship with JE then, when JE didn't buy what HN told her about it (though I understand that it was all a plot device and JE would have split with HN anyway).  He was very slow in telling JE that HN had not shown any interest in him at all, as JE went after HN like she was the one who planned that whole dating business with HG.  JE was on a vengeance to show HN that she would steal the guy HN had a crush on, because in her mind HN had stolen her guy (HG).  Remember the movie thing and all that where JE was deliberately trying to hurt HN's feelings?   But HN only cried by herself and never blamed HG for the "dating lie" mess he had created. 

That was all then, and now it is coming to hurt HN again.  And HG had all this time after they actually started dating, to at least confide in his dad that HN had absolutely no responsibility in that whole lie.  He had to know that HN was going to run into trouble about it very soon one way or other.  I could fully understand his dad yelling at him - "when were you going to tell? At your wedding ceremony?"

But on everything else, HG has been spotless in his behavior, so I will give him a pass.  I guess everybody will err sometimes.  I like him after all :)...  But the writer was inconsistent on this part of what was written for HG.  How can somebody so thoughtful and caring in everything else turn into a smooth liar on that story line, and also thoughtless and insensitive/uncaring on what to do about the lie after he anyway lied?

Eh the mom had no business messing up his life with his life like that anyway all this started because of her not him.

His whole baseball career when he got hurt she really did not care all she care about was money,that what force him to go though all of this nonsense.

Only reason he change was because of HN. :heart:

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

poor HG, he is worried that HN may leave him :bawling: 

I don't like his father Mr. Lee, he tells HN he is disappointed in her (in ep. 96 preview)

He is out of work himself, and now he is a security guard in a building. He wasted all his money and now he talks to HN like this, as if he is very successful himself. At least HN worked hard and established her own business. :confounded: Shame on him

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

poor HG, he is worried that HN may leave him :bawling: 

I don't like his father Mr. Lee, he tells HN he is disappointed in her (in ep. 96 preview)

He is out of work himself, and now he is a security guard in a building. He wasted all his money and now he talks to HN like this, as if he is very successful himself. At least HN worked hard and established her own business. :confounded: Shame on him

Nah you only disappointed when you care for someone, he just going to help her  with getting along with his wife I think.

He wont do that too his son he seen how he was then they broke up and he know how much he loves her.

1) First of all, I want to praise writer-nim for finally making JH's character becomes stronger than before. Her character has shine day by day after getting married with JG. She does not realize until now that she had helped her daughter a lot and her daughter has already fond with her now. Once the truth is revealed, nobody dare to hurt HN/SJ as JH will always by her side. Not to forget EA too.

2) HG now already feel he should taken fully responsibility for what he had done before; deceive his parents about HN. I am sure his father will still gives support to HN♥HG, it is just he want to know and hear from HN himself what can she thinks and done for now to face the love opposition from Sohyeon. I understand HG need to lie when HN asked him if his parents like the gift HN gave to HG's parents. HG did not want to hurt HN's feeling or make her sad, but eventually HN might got the feeling that HG's mom especially still angry with her. 

3) I really want to see before this drama reaching episode 100, they revealed to HG's father that HN is EA's daughter, Mr. Hwang get to know that Jiho actually knew EA's youngest daughter, Sarang and EA and HN get hint that HN is JH's daughter. Those are very important to reveal first because later they need to focus on how the truth about HN is SJ will come out, what will SH and JE do after that, the relationship between JExDG and lastly we will get to see HN♥HG marriage.

11 hours ago, dramaninja said:

What is funny no one in his family has a leg to stand on against him.

His mom is lazy she does nothing  but cause trouble, his dad is mixed up is some dumb stuff always, and his sister you know stole designs but never actually apologize for it. I really hope HG snapped on them by the end of the week.

there is only Leo :) he already likes HN, and knows her true character 

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I think he was not thinking he is disappointed that HN lied about her being rich and well educated. He is disappointed that they were lied to, regardless what the lie was....

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 95

Upon learning that Kang graduated magna cum laude from the University of Hard Knocks, Lee’s Mother goes bat-guano.  We recall that Lee’s Mother had to drop out of high school because she became pregnant.

Lee’s Father hands out free samples from Kang’s Mother’s shop in the hallway of the Arcade.  While waiting for customers, Lee’s Father extolls his Son’s “fine girlfriend” to Kang’s Mother.  She tells him what a great boyfriend her Daughter has.

Lee’s Mother and Sister return to the House of Yoon, where Hwang’s Mother further stokes their indignation.

Dejected, Lee and Kang walk down a sidewalk.

Kang returns to her office, where Kim and Leo tell her how lucky she is to have a great boyfriend like Lee.

At his shop, Park Sr. asks Yoon what is bothering her.  She gives him her Death Stare.  She pumps him on any secret agreements he may have made with Halmoni.  He tries to change the subject.

Lee’s Mother steams into her home and informs her Husband that Kang is not a University Graduate.

Kang sits in her office and reviews her encounter with Lee’s Mother.  Lee arrives and gives her a stuffed animal.

Park Sr. and Yoon visit Halmoni and Hwang’s parents.  Hwang and Park walk into the house together, setting her Mother off.  They lie and claim they bumped into each other on the sidewalk.

Everybody eats a holiday meal in Halmoni’s kitchen.

When Halmoni sends Park Sr. to the basement to perform a menial task, Yoon’s blood boils.

When Dawg leaves the table, Yoon gets into it with her Sister and Halmoni.

Yoon leaves the table, storms into Halmoni’s bedroom, finds Halmoni’s copy of her agreement with Park Sr., and shoves it in Halmoni’s face.  When Yoon tears the agreement to shreds, Halmoni informs her that her lawyer has a notarized copy in his safe.

Halmoni is like, I was just trying to help . . .

Yoon storms into the living room and the Parks follow her out the door.

Since Yoon has stormed into their bedroom and slammed the door, Park Sr. settles for drinking soju with his Son.

As Park and Hwang share intelligence reports on the phone, Hwang’s Mother barges in and Hwang rings off.

Hwang’s Mother warns Hwang not to resume her relationship with Park.

Lee returns home, where his Father is waiting for him.  He berates his Son and leaves the room.

Yoon berates Park Sr. for acceding to Halmoni’s demand that they not register their marriage.

In a Department Store, Lee watches as Kang buys gifts for his parents.

As his Mother lies abed feeling sorry for herself, Lee brings the gifts into her bedroom.  His Mother reacts spitefully.

When Kang calls, Lee lies and claims that his parents loved the gifts.

Morning.

Lee’s Mother harps at her Husband while he fixes the bed.

Yoon slides a Marriage Registration Form in front of her husband and tells him he’d better sign it if he knows what’s good for him.  He knows what’s good for him.

When Halmoni learns that Yoon is now legally married, she promptly loses consciousness.

8 hours ago, stroppyse said:

I have to say that I really like this drama's writing, and I'm going to look up writer Kim Min Joo's other works to see what else she's written. If her other dramas are like this one, I may be binge watching some other daily dramas. :)

Edit: Anyone know what else this writer has written? A quick google search hasn't been productive as yet.

Yes, this writer is pretty good.  There aren't too many stretches in the episodes when it gets too boring.  Even the time-filler scenes and small humor scenes of the three dads.  The writer seems to have a good idea of how to keep the viewers' interest going without making them too mad at negative story angles.

The official site says that Kim Min Joo has written for "Shining Eunsu" and "Married Couples clinic: Love and War".  The latter is not really a drama and it seems it was in season 1 which is pre-2010). It seems she was a co-writer with 우소연 for Shining Eunsoo, which was a daily drama last year, which didn't look too boring when I watched the last 30 or so episodes (I could generally guess the earlier story line after a couple of episodes, so watched the rest).

@jayakris    Chingu this inconsistency should be placed on the writer. She used this byinf a substitute girlfriend as a plot device to get HG to start hating and falling for Ha Nui in the first place. You are right that HG should of told the truth and stop this lie before they started dating for real. Woman like HG’s mom and sister are materialistic and there is no way change their mentality because this belief is in most household in SK.  Now let’s thinknod a reason why HG didn’t tell the truth. 

1. I think he kept the lie because he is afraid that HN will break up with him. 2. Afraid of his mom and sister harassing Ha Nui until she agrees to their terms. 

3. he forgot to tell the truth because they are dating for real now. 

Now no one knows why the writer created this plot line or is there is a purpose to it. We will have to wait and see if there is a good reason. 

@dramaninja

Very True HG chafed because of Ha Nui. She gave him a reason to stop living behind the Wall he built around him. He learned to love and trust from Ha Nui. 

1 hour ago, UnniSarah said:

@jayakris    Chingu this inconsistency should be placed on the writer. She used this byinf a substitute girlfriend as a plot device to get HG to start hating and falling for Ha Nui in the first place. You are right that HG should of told the truth and stop this lie before they started dating for real. Woman like HG’s mom and sister are materialistic and there is no way change their mentality because this belief is in most household in SK.  Now let’s thinknod a reason why HG didn’t tell the truth. 

1. I think he kept the lie because he is afraid that HN will break up with him.

2. Afraid of his mom and sister harassing Ha Nui until she agrees to their terms. 

3. he forgot to tell the truth because they are dating for real now. 

Now no one knows why the writer created this plot line or is there is a purpose to it. We will have to wait and see if there is a good reason. 

There is probably a little bit of all three reasons you give, I think. But then again, it may be just us who focus on lying as a thing to avoid at all costs.  The Kdrama writers seem to take the whole concept of lying rather lightly.  We often see many good characters lie, though often as a means for good ends.  If it is not a straight lie, it is "selective non-disclosure".   I know that writers need it as a plot device, but it bothers me sometimes to see how much drama writers make light of lying.  So it catches my eye.  Especially when the character doing it does not do something to fix it and explain why he/she lied.

I wish the writers would at least make the characters drop some hints that they can later go back to, so as to explain things.  For instance, let us say JG had told JH sometime earlier - "I did something to get your mother to agree. It bothers me that I can't tell you now, but I promise I will tell you at some point".  Then in the latest episode, he could have referred to it when JH was upset at him for keeping it from her.  She would still be angry, and the plot would move just the same way, but at least I wouldn't have to see a man (who is a good character) looking like he was hardly bothered about the non-disclosure with his wife.

What I mean is this. I can understand it if people lie for good reasons in dramas, but I am never okay with seeing the good characters not being bothered about their lies (or non-disclosures).  Drama writers' portrayal of such behavior as perfectly fine, does bother me.  It is so prevalent in Kdramas that we all are numb to it, and no longer flinch when the good characters lie and pull scams.  That is why I mentioned the HG lie.  His being the "model guy" that we have all come to like in this drama, I wish he had done even something minor like telling his dad or Leo that he had pulled a lie that he is not happy about, and that he is waiting to tell his mom soon.  That would have been enough to show that he was not feeling good about what he had done.

Not anything specific about this writer though.  All the writers seem to show lies to be just fine in Korea.  People there are not such habitual liars or anything, in my limited experience...  Not the first time that I have written about this at soompi though.

@jayakris  Did Lee's Mother even finish high school?  I think the only piece of paper she earned as a result of attending school was Lee's birth certificate . . .

Re The Shining Eun Soo, if one is going to watch 30 episodes of this drama it should be the first 30 episodes -- quite chilling.  For a Korean Drama, the first 50% of the episodes approach being a fairly sophisticated psychological thriller.  In the second half, of course, all becomes well, as per usual.

@Saja La  Lee's parents and sister have all lied to persons to whom they had an obligation to tell the truth:  each other, and other family members.  Kang allowed Lee to lie on her (actually, his own behalf) at a time she never expected to see any of them again.  When they became a real couple, Lee himself admits that it was his responsibility -- not her's -- to set the record straight.

31 minutes ago, jayakris said:

Not anything specific about this writer though.  All the writers seem to show lies to be just fine in Korea.  People there are not such habitual liars or anything, in my limited experience...  Not the first time that I have written about this at soompi though.

The kdramas potray them to be so, and being international viewers, they are giving a shaded version of reality and by doing so, belittling the actual truth and hence society on the whole.  I wish more drama writers change their style of writing.  A society has good and bad apples and when there is no punishment for the wrongdoers on a continual basis, the reflection that normal people learn from it would be warped.  This reminds me of a time when my daughter was a 5 year old and after seeing something in a movie, she thought that that is how all the people in that region are.  When I realized how innocent their minds work, I had to explain it to her, even though she was young.  IT would always be better if the bad is punished and the good rewarded not in the last 2 episodes, but in a continual basis.  Just like you would like HG say something about what he made up about his fake date and confided about it with his father and LEo, I want SH to reflect and realize that everytime she does something, it backfires and reflect if  what she is doing is wrong.  The punishment could happen later, in a lumpsum tornado fashion.  

24 minutes ago, jimb said:

@jayakris  Did Lee's Mother even finish high school?  I think the only piece of paper she earned as a result of attending school was Lee's birth certificate . . .

Re The Shining Eun Soo, if one is going to watch 30 episodes of this drama it should be the first 30 episodes -- quite chilling.  For a Korean Drama, the first 50% of the episodes approach being a fairly sophisticated psychological thriller.  In the second half, of course, all becomes well, as per usual.

I think Shining EunSoo was written by two writers as I am aware of.  I did not watch all of the episodes, but somewhere in the middle.  But at least there was some punishment delivered to the perpetrators but not enough.  

So our high & mighty Drama Queen is a high school dropout due to pregnancy? @jimb thanks for your info.

Ha! The tainted pot calling the kettle black indeed!:P

HG is definitely remorseful of his lie and is willing to take responsibilty. He turned PALE when his lie was exposed. He didn't defend himself in front of his abusive mum or his dad. He lied knowing about his status conscious mum and tried to stop her nagging to go on blind dates. He was so afraid HN will lose her temper at him (the OLD HN who wasn't his girl friend would have done that) that he daren't even look at her. So he bought her a cute toy puppy to calm her down. :(

He'd never ever imagine he could fall in love with HN of all people then. Then again, he NEVER expected HANA of all people to speak ill of HN leading his mum to question HN about her educational background!B)

I know I'm HG biased but I dont blame him for doing what he did. After he fell in love with her, he was afraid of losing her again. He was hoping his parents would be proud of her ACHIEVEMENT despite not having a college education.:)

Oh! How HN has changed! Previously, she'd yelled her head off at HG. But now that he's her boyfriend, she's worried instead. And our loverboy, HG's speech tone has soften A LOT! :blush:

Argh!! Why are they all blaming hn when  hg is the one who started the lies?? And why is he letting them blame her without telling them it was his idea, though if I remember correctly he was the one that spruiked her qualifications at the time...

(Tho I think he did with dad?)

hgs mum and the grandma are the 2 characters I just want to leap through the screen and headbutt.

12 minutes ago, girrlit said:

Argh!! Why are they all blaming hn when  hg is the one who started the lies?? And why is he letting them blame her without telling them it was his idea, though if I remember correctly he was the one that spruiked her qualifications at the time...

(Tho I think he did with dad?)

hgs mum and the grandma are the 2 characters I just want to leap through the screen and headbutt.

Well because they are all stupid and wont let anyone talk or listen at all?Also HG did keep his promised not to involve her any more after the first time but the others HN choose to do it herself because at the point she started to like him and he help her alot.

But it does not matter his mom is the one truly at fault for making him want to do this.But he fell in love with a fantastic person so it all worked out. :blush:

They had a beautiful lie that turn into love. :heart:

28 minutes ago, jayakris said:

There is probably a little bit of all three reasons you give, I think. But then again, it may be just us who focus on lying as a thing to avoid at all costs.  The Kdrama writers seem to take the whole concept of lying rather lightly.  We often see many good characters lie, though often as a means for good ends.  If it is not a straight lie, it is "selective non-disclosure".   I know that writers need it as a plot device, but it bothers me sometimes to see how much drama writers make light of lying.  So it catches my eye, and I take it as bad behavior even when I see it being done for good reasons.  Especially when the person doing it does not do something to fix it and explain why he/she lied.

I wish the writers would at least make the characters drop some hints that they can later go back to, so as to explain things.  For instance, let us say JG had told JH sometime earlier - "I did something to get your mother to agree. It bothers me that I can't tell you now, but I promise I will tell you at some point".  Then in the latest episode, he could have referred to it when JH was upset at him for keeping it from her.  She would still be angry, and the plot would move just the same way, but at least I wouldn't have to see a man (who is a good character) looking like he was hardly bothered about the non-disclosure with his wife.

What I mean is this. I can understand it if people lie for good reasons in dramas, but I am never okay to see the characters' not being bothered about their lies (or non-disclosures).  Drama writers' portrayal of such behavior as perfectly fine, does bother me.  It is so prevalent in Kdramas that we all are numb to it, and no longer flinch when the good characters lie and pull scams.  That is why I mentioned the HG lie.  His being the "model guy" that we have all come to like in this drama, I wish he had done even something minor like telling his dad or Leo that he had pulled a lie that he is not happy about, and that he is waiting to tell his mom soon.  That would have been enough for me to show that he was not feeling good about what he had done.

@jayakris I agree chingu, I hate lies because even though there are good reasons to lie in the long run, it creates more lies which the person is being lied to may lose their trust in that person. Trust is hard to come by and can be very hurtful to any individual. I too find it hard because when the good guy who do lie, I am there screaming please tell the truth and get so agitated because I know the Lie will bite then in the richard simmons soon enough causing them issues. Which is exactly what the writer wants to keep a any storyline to continue until it is time for the villain in the story gets there PAYBACK. Lol lol I have another drama where the good guy lies because they want to protect the ones they love. 

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:

They had a beautiful lie that turn into love. :heart:

That is a good way putting it!  Actually I was rooting for HG when he pulled the scam, as I badly wanted the HG-HN pairing to happen, and it was taking too long to take off.  I didn't expect him to have done nothing even now to fix the problem, by owning up and saying mea culpa to the family, that's all.

Any of you know the exact episode where the "beautiful lie" happened?   I would like to go back and see it.  All I remember is that our man pretty much passed out when HN walked up with her different hair style, in a simple blue dress that looked great on her.

3 hours ago, angelwingssf said:

The kdramas potray them to be so, and being international viewers, they are giving a shaded version of reality and by doing so, belittling the actual truth and hence society on the whole.  I wish more drama writers change their style of writing.  A society has good and bad apples and when there is no punishment for the wrongdoers on a continual basis, the reflection that normal people learn from it would be warped.  This reminds me of a time when my daughter was a 5 year old and after seeing something in a movie, she thought that that is how all the people in that region are.  When I realized how innocent their minds work, I had to explain it to her, even though she was young.  IT would always be better if the bad is punished and the good rewarded not in the last 2 episodes, but in a continual basis.  Just like you would like HG say something about what he made up about his fake date and confided about it with his father and LEo, I want SH to reflect and realize that everytime she does something, it backfires and reflect if  what she is doing is wrong.  The punishment could happen later, in a lumpsum tornado fashion.  

I would also love to see them show more of "bad deeds backfiring" on a continual basis, rather than all the lump-sum retributions (that too, often too little for the crimes) that happen in the final 2 episodes.  Like, JH should have just kicked SH out of her company work for that fabric supplier mischief, and HanNa for the design theft.

Archived