[Drama 2018] Tomorrow Is Sunny as Well / Sunny Again Tomorrow, 내일도 맑음

0ly40

11 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I used google translate. I don't quite understand. It says that SH was shocked that JE and DG are back together.

HG is hesitant over choosing his parents and HN.

Do I get it right?

I think the second part is saying HG who desperately wants to date HN and both doing filial duty ends up at the movie theater at the same time. 

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Oh that should be funny

Hopefully it's only HG and his father at the theater and HN and her mother. Also in the video preview HN runs into JH who I think will be there with JG.  This way HG's father will get to hear the truth of the kind of person HN is and not the version of his wife and daughter. 

16 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

Hopefully it's only HG and his father at the theater and HN and her mother. Also in the video preview HN runs into JH who I think will be there with JG.  This way HG's father will get to hear the truth of the kind of person HN is and not the version of his wife and daughter. 

Something like that would be good need people it vouch for her besides HG.

1 hour ago, mqiuwen said:

He told HN that he would like for her to be the one to make a decision (i'm guessing he suggested to break up with HG)

You mean he was hinting that they go apart, right?  He probably was, but he did not explicitly ask them to break up, and did not say anything close to it.  He said only the line you translated - "I want you to be the one making a decision".  That's it.  He left it to her to read into what he was saying.  I don't blame him, and it was done about as gently as any dad could have done.  And his reasoning was also very clean.   That he liked her sincerity and kindness so much, but now he is wondering if that is what her true self is.  What if she was putting on a whole act - that too so well, going at night to sit and sleep by HG's side to get him to recover, as the dad saw?   The fact that she looked so sincere in a lie,is what is bothering him.  If she had done a bad job at it, then it would be understandable.   For somebody to do something so well in an "act", one had to be so calculating and insincere.  THAT is what bothers him.

This was yet another of the well-written scenes from this writer.   The few things the dad said conveyed so much about exactly where he was.

1 hour ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

I don't like HN's reaction. She is ready to give up on HG. Why isn't she defending her love? I really don't understand. HG is disappointed :tears:

I am with you.  HN is the one who is making this worse now.  Rather than go into her self-blaming mode and admitting that she "made a mistake", and then making it even bigger by asking the dad to "forgive her just this one time" (as though it was such a crime, when she hardly even said one lie), all she had to do was to tell the dad that she liked HG already anyway, and that she went along with it because she didn't think it to be so out of the question that he and she would date.

The fact is that her act of sitting by his bedside all night was not insincere, and we all saw it then.  She liked him enough to do that.  She just had to say that to the dad, "HG may have thought that it was all a scam, as he didn't expect me to date him then.  But he was somebody I liked already though we were not yet dating".   Case closed and the dad could have left happy.   Instead HN made it all worse.   And then she made it even more worse by not answering HG's phone call questions well, and making him very concerned that she might break up with him.  What an unnecessary mess!!!    But good people do these kinds of things sometimes and make life worse for themselves.   (Nicely written, to state the obvious again about this writer)

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQRmPsSvg9oGjep88tA9vXimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFFJIdlMOBkq6Vm8Z487limages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTc5i_UDVxHuefFIcneYnA

It's easy to understand and respect what some are feeling about HN at the moment and yet I seem to have a little different view of her. I love this character for so many reasons and it's not just her goodness, honesty or in seeming to be a bit naive when it comes to the world or the people around her.  Maybe because to me it's that child like faith that all of us had at one time, trusting and believing in the goodness in others no matter who they are.  It's just unlike most she didn't lose it but continues to have that faith and courage in following her heart no matter where it leads.  Nor is she able to escape the suffering and struggles that being true to herself in trusting and protecting others often brings...

That's what I love about her best she doesn't hold back or cover up what she knows and feels to be true.  She has no worldly filter that allows her the ability to protect herself or think of herself first.  She is the total opposite of most people and is willing to sacrifice herself even silently take the blame for another...

Even now after having her whole world turned upside down in finding out some of the truth of who she is.  Her concern isn't about herself sitting on a park bench alone under the darkness of night in thinking of her safety.   But rather in being able to cry alone in protecting the only Mother she knows and her family whom she loves...

I don't think it's about giving up HG or the love she feels for him. I think it's about all the things we have seen her do in the past that spell out loving someone more than yourself even more than your own happiness.  It's often mixed with that feeling of I am not good enough he deserves someone better than myself.  When that's all you have heard by peoples misunderstandings and harsh judgements about you time and time again I wonder if even that is  in the back of her mind...

She could have said less to HG's Dad she could have slightly covered up the truth or told a down right lie.  Yet once again she does the only thing she knows in the only way she has ever done.  Speaking the truth as it is from her heart always. 

Having honor and honesty are not an easy path to follow.

Yet, oh how I admire those who do and can...

In a world where so many are so willing to sell out others even themselves cheaply for anything to anyone.  In order to protect themselves.  Wouldn't it be great if there were more people like her...

:heart:

49 minutes ago, angelwingssf said:

Anyone know when JH registered her marriage, is she a part of JG 's family registry and DG is listed as the son?  Where was her information before?  She was a widow and she has no children.  So, how does that work? Also, what does it say on the registration papers?

When a person gets married and register their marriage the wife and any children becomes part of the husband's family registry. JH now legally became JG's wife which makes her legally  DG's mother on the registry. 

Knowing how controlling and greedy the mother is she probably had JH switch her and SJ back to her their family registry. JH was able to have the agreement between the mother and JG annulled because she is no longer listed under her family registry. By registering her marriage to JG she legally took her life out of the hands of her mother. The mother no longer has any legal standing over anything of hers because she is no longer part of the mother's family. 

5 minutes ago, awsparkle said:

When a person gets married and register their marriage the wife and any children becomes part of the husband's family registry. JH now legally became JG's wife which makes her legally  DG's mother on the registry. 

Knowing how controlling and greedy the mother is she probably had JH switch her and SJ back to her their family registry. JH was able to have the agreement between the mother and JG annulled because she is no longer listed under her family registry. By registering her marriage to JG she legally took her life out of the hands of her mother. The mother no longer has any legal standing over anything of hers because she is no longer part of the mother's family. 

That is good to know.  I guess, even JE dad guessed that SH also did not want JH to register her marriage and it was due to the money that they would lose.  Now that JH registered her marriage, all her assets go to her husband and her son.  Yay!!  Once she finds SJ, would those assets also go to her probably just 1/3 since she has 2 others in her family registry.  

27 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

@jayakris @UnniSarah, regarding your comments about HG asking HN to pretend to be his girlfriend. HN taking a job to pretend to be someone's girlfriend, and having HG see HN play up to two different men set the motion for HG disliking HN and thinking that she was a bit of a self-serving snake with low morals, and made him more able to believe the negative things about her. But, later, after he discovered the truth, and when he was trying to get HN to spend time with him, I think he seized on that as an excuse.  They indicated that normally HG just flat out rejected the blind date set ups that his mother wanted him to go on. So it was a welcome surprise to his mother that HG agreed to go on the blind date, but as I mentioned I think it was really just another thing that HG was trying to do to get HN to spend any time with him. I didn't say it was the best of plans, but by that time, HG was hooked and willing to try anything. :)

Later on, after it turned real, I do think HG had intended to correct the mis-impressions formed, but he probably put it off because he was enjoying being in love with HN, and he thought he had time to fix it rather than having it be the priority. To be fair to him, both he and HN have constantly had to fend off one thing or another with JE and SH's shenanigans, so it's not as if HG was lying around at home dwelling on it.

Btw, I agree that lying is a commonly used characteristic. Koreans do prize honesty, but see expedient lying as flaw that humanizes people, one that can be understandable depending on the circumstances. HG has repeatedly said that he was wrong for having set up the situation in the first place, and not correcting it as quickly as possible later on. The fact that he shows true remorse and penitence would go a long way towards Koreans in forgiving him for the transgressions. In case the kdramas haven't driven the point home, forgiveness is a good thing. :)

Yep I am not mad at either them or their actions they are both in a difficult position right now when all they want to do is love each other.Because what they lied about a few things that dont hurt anyone?

His parents are over dramatic they  dont even really  know her yet!

@USAFarmgirl, WELL SAID! Your description of our HN is SPOT ON! :blush:

Which is why HG is so head over heels in love with her! He even defended her by saying she's BETTER than him!:love:

I, for one am positive he wont give up on her that easily. It'll be fun watching how our loverboy persistently woos her again! :glasses:

4 hours ago, UnniSarah said:

I too want the same thing @gladys57. HG’s dad always side with his wife even when she is wrong. I notice the kdrama farher’s Always side with the kids’s Mother because their rules are the LAW. Sometimes I feel like kdrama is saying kdrama mothers are always right no matter what because their male children means the world to them. 

I seem to get very confused. South Korea is a patriarchal society so why make fathers always weak in dramas and mothers seem very draculian?  Isn't that brazen hypocrisy? 

Then again, I think they are trying to shift that rigid culture for people to see all loving fathers and husbands but I would have loved it if it's balanced.

1 hour ago, USAFarmgirl said:

She could have said less to HG's Dad she could have slightly covered up the truth or told a down right lie.  Yet once again she does the only thing she knows in the only way she has ever done.  Speaking the truth as it is from her heart always. 

Having honor and honesty are not an easy path to follow.

Yet, oh how I admire those who do and can...

In a world where so many are so willing to sell out others even themselves cheaply for anything to anyone.  In order to protect themselves.  Wouldn't it be great if there were more people like her...:heart:

Very well put.  I can also only like her character more for how she did not make excuses to the dad, or tried to say that she was indeed sincere in how she showed her care for HG earlier, etc.  She just took it as something wrong that she did with HG  - which it was, whatever reasons there were.  That is admirable.

Just that it is also frustrating to see good people make life tougher for themselves when they can be a little tactful (without doing or saying anything wrong) and fix the problems, rather than try to protect everybody else and take up all the blame to oneself.

4 hours ago, stroppyse said:

That's actually not quite right. A married woman remains a part of her own family's registry rather than being registered under her husband's family. That's why Korean women also keep their own names after marriage rather than taking on their husband's name.

However, having registered the marriage, JG now has spousal rights to JH, including sharing of her wealth since there was no prenuptial agreement reached. As JG's legal wife, JH does become the official mother to DG.

As for the contract, I don't know what the penalty clause for the contract looks like. It's true that JG broke the contract, but a broken contract implies a penalty or forfeiture of some kind in damages which is something we haven't been told. Since both JG and the mother are legal adults, JH can't really nullify the contract on her own say so. However, JG as a party to the contract can break the contract. However, this is a drama and not a legal procedure, so a bit of grandstanding going on, I think. Anyway, it makes for a good story. :)

Did things  change because I remember reading that according to the Korean family registry law When a daughter gets married, she is removed from her father's hojeok - family register - and transferred to her husband's. 

5 hours ago, darr said:

I seem to get very confused. South Korea is a patriarchal society so why make fathers always weak in dramas and mothers seem very draculian?  Isn't that brazen hypocrisy? 

Then again, I think they are trying to shift that rigid culture for people to see all loving fathers and husbands but I would have loved it if it's balanced.

I was having this discussion with my father who is also a kdrama fan (more a melo man tho lol) I think it is more that the kids are the mums domain, as they are left to most of the raising and day to day, so the dads take back seat in a lot of family dramas.

I must admit that being a selfish westerner, I struggle with a lot of the parent interference plots and sometimes just end up screaming at the screen just leave home dammit lol

SUNNY AGAIN TOMORROW

RECAP, EPISODE 96

Halmoni has the vapors.

In their bedroom, Hwang’s Mother rages at Dawg about her Sister’s registered marriage.

Hwang receives a phone call telling her that Halmoni has made a miraculous recovery.

Yoon and Park Sr. come upon Hwang and Park.  Hwang and Park immediately drop each other’s hands like hot potatoes.

When the Parks, Yoon and Hwang return to chez Park, Park and Hwang apologize for resuming their relationship.  Yoon tells them there is no need.

Kim invites Leo out for a drink, but Leo says he has to go home to calm his family down.

Lee’s Father calls Leo at the office and asks to speak to Kang.  He summons her to a café rendezvous.

Lee’s Father apologizes to Kang, explaining that his Wife doesn’t realize that physical assault has been illegal in Korea at least since Japan lost World War II.  Nevertheless, he pressures her to terminate her relationship with Lee.  Then he leaves the table, Korean Hard Guy style.

Lee calls Kang and tells her to persevere, despite his Parents.

Yoon laments that Hwang must endure a guano storm from her Mother.

When Hwang arrives home, her Mother immediately begins doing jumping jacks on her last nerve.

Hwang tells her Mother to confess all to Yoon and get it over with already.  Her Mother accuses her of ingratitude.

When Park calls her, Hwang tells him that she wishes she could be “Born again, with a clean slate.”  He confesses to having a few flaws himself, like being a coward.

At breakfast, Lee tells his household that he has booked a cabin for a family weekend getaway.  His Mother is peeved when she learns who will be joining them.

Lee starts complimenting his Father’s cooking.  His Father tells him to cut the BS.

Hwang makes an excuse for not going to a party with her family.  Then she calls Park and tells him to join her in the empty house.

Hwang has cooked a shrimp dish.  Park eats a shrimp and can barely suppress a grimace.

Since their families are elsewhere Yoon and Kang’s Mother eat lunch together.  Yoon tells her about her missing and presumed dead daughter.

When Yoon describes what her Daughter was wearing on the day she went missing, Kang’s Mother experiences a shock of recognition.  Later, she unfolds the clothes Kang was wearing when she was found in front of the hospital and notes that they match Yoon’s description.  Then she tells herself that Kang can’t be Yoon’s missing daughter since Yoon said  her daughter was dead.  When Kang walks in, she gives the clothes to her.

Hwang and Park wash dishes.

Hwang suggests that if she and Park make a baby, her Mother won’t be able to object to their marriage.  Park becomes flustered.

Hwang takes Park to her bedroom for a “look around.”  Park’s usual cowardice prevails.

Hwang’s family returns home early.  Panic ensues.

Hwang’s Mother notes that all of the food that used to be in the refrigerator is gone and becomes suspicious.

While hiding out in Hwang’s bedroom, Park comes across a picture of her missing cousin.  Hwang tells him that it is a picture of her as a child.

Halmoni and Hwang’s Parents eat dinner.

Hwang’s Mother knocks on Hwang’s locked bedroom door.  When Hwang emerges, her Mother wonders why she is acting weird.

Hwang’s Brother returns home and asks whose strange shoes are sitting by the front door.

As Hwang’s household sleeps, Hwang attempts to help Park sneak out of the darkened house.

As Park reaches the front door, Hwang’s Mother turns on the lights.

When Hwang’s Mother recognizes her Daughter’s visitor, her mouth gapes.

If I heard correctly in the preview for today's episode someone called Soo Jeong and both JH and HN turned. I think it's just a passerby calling her kid or something but it will have a significant moment to HN like she will remember something just like the marble incident. I I hope it does. I'm excited for this episode. 

I really hate seeing JE happy, sorry but to me she doesn't deserve it, unless she change her ways, admit her faults first then change her attitude. 

I really like the Dad's in this drama they are very understanding and open minded. I hope the wives appreciate them more (this is for JE & HG's dad) and realize they have good husbands.

YES! HG's dad is a good one but I'm disappointed with him for suggesting that HN should be the one to initiate the BREAKUP!:angry:

Didn't he lie about his job, his cooking the banchan dishes and the scam? :angry:

And HG was the ONE who lied about her educational background just to convince his status conscious wife! Actually they are not even chaebols!:triumph:

And oh! I love HG's reply at the dining table, "If you guys aren't coming, I'll go with HN!":blush:

Archived