Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2018] Tomorrow Is Sunny as Well / Sunny Again Tomorrow, 내일도 맑음

31 minutes ago, gladys57 said:

@mqiuwen thank you so much for the translation!:wub:

Does anyone know the new OST being played when our lovebirds met in the cafe? The song is lovely and is Paul Kim the singer?

150 PAGES!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAY:glasses: AND WE ALMOST REACH TO 3000 COMMENTS. COME ON GUYS. LETS GIVE A LOT OF LOVE TO THIS DRAMA AND TRY TO MAKE IT UNTIL 200 PAGES!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

YEAH! From the preview, I'm so glad HN & EA personally went to the police station themselves! They've done the right thing. :lol:

Hopefully SH wont know about it. But then again that annoying JE will get to know about it from the irritating DG! Haiz! :angry:

OMO! 150 pages already! This is also a milestone for me as it is THE 1ST TIME I'm posting on a daily drama although I did watch some.:blush:

• Like 7

I haven't done a scene translation in awhile actually. I've been a bit too busy to contemplate doing any. @mqiuwen did a good job with this scene translation of HN and HG talking in the cafe after HG has turned in his resignation, but I had translated it as I was watching the clip because I liked how they wrote the dialogue so I'm going to post it anyway. It's not materially different, just a few small changes in the translation. Hope you don't mind @mqiuwen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bs0wrCSKz70

HN: Even now, you should go and tell them you were wrong.
HG: But I did nothing wrong.
HN: How can you so rashly turn in your resignation?! That’s (behavior) so unlike you.
HG: I acted like myself. I deliberated carefully then made my decision. I have no regrets. For me, I don’t like Kang Ha Nui-sshi bowing your head (in apology) for my sake. Don’t do that again.
HN: It’s all because of me though. If only you hadn’t dated me -
HG: And if I hadn’t dated you? How difficult it would have been for me, have you even thought of that? Work is work, but the important person to me right now is Kang Han Nui-sshi.
HN: Han Gyul-sshi, I have something to tell you.
HG: I said that I was always ready (to listen).

(HN tells HG about her foundling status.)
HN: Are you shocked?
HG: (hugs HN) It must have been so hard for you by yourself. You’ve endured it well.
HN: If it…really okay?
HG: I think that’s a question that I should be asking Ha Nui-sshi.
HN: I don’t even know what kind of person who gave birth to me is. But you are willing to risk everything for me… So, what I’m saying is that my birth parents, more than Han Gyul-sshi is imagining, may be in a worse situation -
HG: I’ve never looked at Kang Ha Nui-sshi’s background (me: meaning her family wealth and position, education levels, etc.). For me, the Kang Ha Nui-sshi who is standing in front of my eyes now, I like you no matter what. Those feelings have not changed.
(HG takes the ring off the necklace, puts it on her finger. Kisses it. Awww...)
HG: Don’t ever take it off again.

I love how supportive this OTP is. I've also remarked in other posts that I actually like the writing of this drama. This dialogue felt lovely and in character, and the OTP delivered their love and trust in each other well. They don't want the other person to be hurt in any way, especially because of themselves, but they have committed, so they talk it out rather than misunderstandings or noble idiot acts. So lovely.

I don't actually remember seeing either of the OTP in other dramas, though I checked out their filmographies. They both seem to be newbies in the industry, but I hope to see both of them in other productions once this drama is through. Though of course, there are still several more episodes to go in this drama. :)

• Like 7
  • Thanks 6

Very nice episode today.  Very tough to see EA crying her heart out, at her shop.  I was a bit surprised that HN did not react much at all when HG came in and gave the resignation letter.  And she did not try much to argue him out of it later either.  Did I miss something there?

We see HG remembering a Yogi Berra quote - "If you don't know where you are going, you will end up somewhere you don't want to" (I think that's what they had).  That does not have the twisted logic that Yogi lines have.  I believe the actual quote is "If you don't know where you are going, you won't get there!"  LOL.

The preview -  we hear SH asking JE why she is often coming back late from work and if she isn't still seeing HG.  Then we hear somebody say "Manager, HG's resignation should be a secret from my mother," (but who is saying this, and to which manager?? I'm not sure). JH is meeting JE and HN together and asks JE to set up a meeting with Director Han (of K1 Homeshopping). EA asks HN to go with her somewhere, and it is the police station, where the guy asks, "so you're talking about finding the lost real parents from 20 years ago?".

• Like 11
  • LOL 1

A translation of the episode 93 preview.

SH: Your time to get home from work is getting later and later these days. You’re not meeting Park Do Kyung or anything like that, are you?
HN: Oh, Manager, Han Gyul giving his resignation, please keep that a secret from my mother.
JH: Ji Eun, could you please set up a meeting for me with the person named Director Han.
EA: Go with Mom somewhere before you go to work.
Police: So you’re saying that you want to find your birth parents whom you lost 20 years ago?
EA: Will we be able to find them?

I haven't watched episode 92 yet, so not sure who Director Han is or whether I'm mis-identifying him as Director Han when it's actually his name which is Han Yi Sa or something like that. Anyway, I may amend this after I watch the episode. Anyway, episode 92 looks good, and it looks as if progress is going to be made in episode 93 in HN's search for her birth mother with EA's help.

I noticed on another clip that EA explains that she and her husband had found HN abandoned at a hospital after having been in an accident. They took her in to get her treated and she was fine except had lost her memories. They initially tried to find her parents, but without any luck, decided to keep her, giving her the identity of their own deceased daughter. So anyway it seems to me that the driver of the car that hit her, freaked out and took her to the hospital rather than just leave her on the street, but literally just set her down and left, not wanting to face the consequences of hitting the child. I'm actually kind of glad that it wasn't EA's husband who had hit HN with his car which I had wondered about. I like to think that EA and her husband had worked in good faith, but then ultimately decided to keep the little girl rather than put her in the orphanage system since as far as they knew, HN had been abandoned by her own parents.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

17 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JE: Oh, Manager, Han Gyul giving his resignation, please keep that a secret from my mother.

I was just asking above who was saying this line. Okay, so it was JE.  It just didn't sound like her at all (sounded more like HaNa!) and it confused me!  Makes sense...

I haven't watched episode 92 yet, so not sure who Director Han is or whether I'm mis-identifying him as Director Han when it's actually his name which is Han Yi Sa or something like that. Anyway, I may amend this after I watch the episode.

Yes it is Director Han.  I had the same doubt when I first heard it.  Then remembered that the K1 Homeshopping boss is Director Han.  And we hear the manager lady telling HG and HN that Director Han knows of their dating.

I noticed on another clip that EA explains that she and her husband had found HN abandoned at a hospital after having been in an accident.

In this Ep 93, we see EA telling HN all the details... that she was left outside the hospital etc.  She couldn't remember anything and EA was the one she saw as a mother from there on.

By the way, on the HN-HG conversation at the cafe that you translated above...

33 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

HN: I don’t even know what kind of person who gave birth to me is. But you are willing to risk everything for me… So, what I’m saying is that my birth parents, more than Han Gyul-sshi is imagining, may be in a worse situation -

I think she was saying that her real parents may be worse people than he imagines.  She used 형편없는 which is like "terrible", right?  I guess she could've meant that they could be in terrible shape, but I think she meant they could be "bad people" - to set up the logic that he shouldn't have gone head over heels for her, without even knowing her background of being born to possibly terrible parents.

And thank you (and @mqiuwen) for all the translations!  Makes me not feel guilty for being out of time and unable to do any serious translation work to help our friends till the subs come up....

• Like 9

Congratulations on 150 pages guys!

I honestly haven't been able to make myself watch because of all the SH and JE drama you guys have been mentioning, but I will definitely catch up today! I'm glad that SH's actions didn't work and that the writers didn't drag that out too long. It seems like SH will soon be focusing more on JE and DG rather than HN and HG for the time being.

I'm really happy this OTP is stable and supportive of each other. If they pulled out any typical noble-idiot drama moves, I don't think I would be able to keep watching. It seems like HN tries at times though when she tries to take the blame or hide their relationship, but HG always sets her straight :wub:

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, jayakris said:

I think she was saying that her real parents may be worse people than he imagines.  She used 형편없는 which is like "terrible", right?  I guess she could've meant that they could be in terrible shape, but I think she meant they could be "bad people" - to set up the logic that he shouldn't have gone head over heels for her, without even knowing her background of being born to possibly terrible parents.

No, the phrase she uses doesn't mean terrible as in evil or anything like that. Rather that they may be in worse circumstances. The literal translation of that phrase is closer to "without resources" or "in a bad state" and she uses it in a phrase that is "even more without resources" or "in a worse state". The implications, however, open up more of a range of outcome, meaning that because the birth parents are hard up, they could be homeless or have turned to crime in some way or basically been of miserable circumstances. All of those would make HN, their birth daughter, even less acceptable as a match for HG who is from a good family with a good education, especially since the birth parents would then probably want help from their newly found daughter and her boyfriend.

• Like 10

45 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Its really awesome to have so many people here now its much more fun this way. :blush:

So right.  I don't remember any daily dramas that had so much of daily discussion.  This is just great!

32 minutes ago, stroppyse said:
54 minutes ago, jayakris said:

No, the phrase she uses doesn't mean terrible as in evil or anything like that. Rather that they may be in worse circumstances. The literal translation of that phrase is closer to "without resources" or "in a bad state" and she uses it in a phrase that is "even more without resources" or "in a worse state". The implications, however, open up more of a range of outcome, meaning that because the birth parents are hard up, they could be homeless or have turned to crime in some way or basically been of miserable circumstances. All of those would make HN, their birth daughter, even less acceptable as a match for HG who is from a good family with a good education, especially since the birth parents would then probably want help from their newly found daughter and her boyfriend.

You are correct.  It does not mean "terrible people" but "people in terrible shape".   "Hapless" may be more like it, right? .... I may have been too strong in saying that she meant "bad people".  She certainly wasn't hinting at their being evil people.  Just people who are in trouble.  I took your translation to mean that she was saying their situation may be bad now, that's all.  But you meant past tense, in which case there is logic in it.   [Edit: Actually I see your logic even in present tense, as some parents in bad shape now would also be trouble for the boyfriend]

I take it as her basically saying that the parents "were trouble" as they could've been in trouble then.  That in Korea implies somehow that the son or daughter would be trouble too.  The so called "background".  I have never understood the seriousness the KDramas give to this in many dating situations, but you often see people bring up how the parents were, to put down a son/daughter as unsuitable in a relationship.  Here HN was herself doing her feeble attempt at it, but HG would have none of it! :)

• Like 10

In my books, HG has to be the most patient, supportive and understanding Kdrama boyfriend ever! :wub:

He never once pushed HN to confide about her problems to him and in fact told her lovingly that he'll wait patiently until she's ready. In fact he showed his sincere support and love for her by telling her that he loves her even more especially when she's feeling down . AWW! :heart:

Like @stroppyse I'm also loving the writing of this drama especially the dialogues not only between our OTP but among the adults like Park sr, JH, EA, Lee Sr and Hwang Sr.:blush:

• Like 11

@stroppyse, so just for fun I checked what the subbers did on that line we were discussing. They didn't get into it much. "So what I am trying to say... is that my birth parents... may be even worse... than you might expect".   They just used an ambiguous word "worse" (which can mean any number of things) without getting into the details and side-tracking the viewers into thinking of the implications.  It's the kind of thing that gets lost in translation, I guess.

By the way, didn't everybody have a good laugh today, seeing how vehemently SH's husband tells HG's mom that his wife is a liar?  "It is all a lie".  Haha.

• Like 8

20 minutes ago, jayakris said:

@stroppyse, so just for fun I checked what the subbers did on that line we were discussing. They didn't get into it much. "So what I am trying to say... is that my birth parents... may be even worse... than you might expect".   They just used an ambiguous word "worse" (which can mean any number of things) without getting into the details and side-tracking the viewers into thinking of the implications.  It's the kind of thing that gets lost in translation, I guess.

By the way, didn't everybody have a good laugh today, seeing how vehemently SH's husband tells HG's mom that his wife is a liar?  "It is all a lie".  Haha.

Yes! I am glad he told her that, ti seems all the good people are looking  out for each other now

• Like 6

4 hours ago, gladys57 said:

In my books, HG has to be the most patient, supportive and understanding Kdrama boyfriend ever! :wub:

He never once pushed HN to confide about her problems to him and in fact told her lovingly that he'll wait patiently until she's ready. In fact he showed his sincere support and love for her by telling her that he loves her even more especially when she's feeling down . AWW! :heart:

Like @stroppyse I'm also loving the writing of this drama especially the dialogues not only between our OTP but among the adults like Park, JH, EA, Lee Sr and Hwang Sr.:blush:

Yep. It was the best confession I have ever seen. The words he told her moved my heart. Now where do we find this gem of a man? 

• Like 7

I think this shows how much HN cares about HG too  she was willing to lie for him and even go defend him to the boss.

They make a  great team actually, also we all know she trust him but his words today calm her heart and she was finally able to tell him  the truth.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, jayakris said:

I was just asking above who was saying this line. Okay, so it was JE.  It just didn't sound like her at all (sounded more like HaNa!) and it confused me!  Makes sense...

Actually, that is Han Na who is saying it to SH rather than JE saying it. Oops, sorry about the mistake. You're right that it doesn't sound like JE.

• Like 8

5 hours ago, dramaninja said:

Its really awesome to have so many people here now its much more fun this way. :blush:

I have been watching the drama since ep. 13 :) but I didn't know about soompi forum :) so while I was searching google, I became  a member, now in just two weeks I am an active member :) 

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Ive mainly been a lurker here since coming across this forum while googling for info about the airing disruptions. But did want to add to the 150th page with my thanks to the contributors, you all have made watching this drama even more fun with the spirited discussions and gifs. :D

• Like 7

Coming out of lurk just to say this, episode 93 was so precious.   In watching HN surrender her burdens and in a way herself for once completely to HG.  It was made even more beautiful by the way in which he patiently gave her the time and space to come to him.  The way in which he wrapped himself around her pulled her into him and his warmth.  Comforting her while patting her back.  His actions, his words and his love seeming to cover every part of her in simply saying I love you for who you are and nothing can ever change that.  When he placed that ring on her finger kissed her hand.  Looked into her eyes and said don't take it off again.  It doesn't get much better than that...:heart:Love to everyone:D

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQKDkFcNiZ_ristIRO-Y1aimages?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmQRXVvUgGYxdjOu25WVrWho needs blankets to keep you warm...

When you have them:w00t:

Just when you think you couldn't love them anymore...  Another episode and you find that you do...:love:

• Like 8