[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

6 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

He seems taking some pictures of HJ's emails. And other notes from SJ's desk. SJ left a memo for him. The subtitles said it addressed to JW. I think he start investigating why is SJ missing and realizing that something went wrong with the AR game he created. 

Hide contents

pNDa4z.jpg

No he didn't. The computer turned on and it logged on without asking any password. And I assume that HJ didn't use his computer either cause she has hers, the old one spec. I guess with the memo he got from SJ. It help him to access the computer to get some information about the game or the reason of his missing. 

4 hours ago, Tessie Afdo said:

So SJ left his backpack purposely on the train for JWto recover later as there is something  inside there (memo) to connect to him. As  seen on episode 1 SJ just took something  from the  backpack, turned his back and the sound of gunshot was heard. My point is, SJ knows he’s in trouble, he’s on the run and he wants JW to rescue him as that memo led JW to his workstation in his room. Did JW uncover something while he was rummaging through his files and all besides Marco’s name and number? As for the characters Emma and Zenu, if they are allies in the AR world, then I must say the lyrics on the OST #1 Star(Little Prince) is on point. I’m just intrigued with the title Star (Little Prince) though. What does it connote? Why not “I’l Lead You With a Light” instead? I’m, sorry, but, why do I have a premonition that HJ died in real life and they’re in a fantasy side of the story as the way JW recounting the story and the way the lyrics of the ost implied? Please, tell me I’m all wrong. One thing I love about this drama is because it is real first before it is virtual and fantasy unlike W Two Worlds. I want it to start like that and end like that . . . everything else is just a dream. 

SJ did not leave a memo for JW. The train staff contacted JW bcause there was info of his contact number in SJ's bag. The other thing with JW's contact info was the train ticket to Granada, that's why the bag was returned to Granada station. Which make sense, because SJ did call JW to meet up in Granada. But there was no memo whatsover addressed to JW. JW went through SJ's bag and found no clues.

Then JW indirectly asked to access SJ's computer in search for more info. The note inside SJ's book in his room looked like marco han's contact info: a phone number and an address of some sort. JW instinctively took a picture of it, but it was not addressed to him.

I read some knetz theories that led me to think that maybe SJ is like JW. He tested the game with another programmer friend, defeated him in the game, and is currently chased by his zombified friend ala JW who keeps meeting Mr Cha over and over again. That's why SJ is on the run.

Lol i want to stop theorizing or making sense of what is happening. But this is kinda fun. A short escapism from real life activities hahahaha

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

41 minutes ago, katakwasabi said:

SJ did not leave a memo for JW. The train staff contacted JW bcause there was info of his contact number in SJ's bag. The other thing with JW's contact info was the train ticket to Granada, that's why the bag was returned to Granada station. Which make sense, because SJ did call JW to meet up in Granada. But there was no memo whatsover addressed to JW. JW went through SJ's bag and found no clues.

Then JW indirectly asked to access SJ's computer in search for more info. The note inside SJ's book in his room looked like marco han's contact info: a phone number and an address of some sort. JW instinctively took a picture of it, but it was not addressed to him.

I read some knetz theories that led me to think that maybe SJ is like JW. He tested the game with another programmer friend, defeated him in the game, and is currently chased by his zombified friend ala JW who keeps meeting Mr Cha over and over again. That's why SJ is on the run.

Lol i want to stop theorizing or making sense of what is happening. But this is kinda fun. A short escapism from real life activities hahahaha

• Like 4

True. Why would SJ leave a memo to JW when his last message to him on the phone was for them  to meet in Granada at Hostel Bonita. SJ never thought he’ll never get to Granada. I like your assumption that SJ is on the same case with JW that’s why he’s on the run because of the same situation  ( thunder, lightning and rain) when they are being attacked. I also want to think that Emma is JW’s shield. The presence of HJ that night JW fell from the 6th floor saved him from being killed by dr. Cha. I wonder what will happen when JW levels up and he starts communicating with Emma. Will they leave reality living out the fantasy side of the story? In one of the trailers HJ said like JW came into her life , changed everything around her and then he disappeared. Also, in the interview Shin Hye said there will be a moment when the AR World was suppressed to give way to the  fantasy/romance side of the story, whatever that means.and finally, the lyrics of the ost is talking more about a dreamlike fantasy where it’s just the two of them in pn it. Sorry, this is so long.

• Like 8

We a belief here when someone dies with eyes wide open may mean dying with unfullfilled wishes.

In life we see both YJ and CHS had personal/business issues. Probably when a person dies in "such situation", the programme picks up and virtually introduce that dead character into the game to continue and resolve all outstanding matters between them??

Tot I saw tears streaming from the eyes of the statue???

• Like 6

16 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

I want to know this too. It bothers me that SJ did not lock his computer. He's a programmer developing a revolutionary game and he leaves his computer unlocked. He even left his hard drives laying around. Eventhough he's on the run, i would assume his desktop would be encrypted, password protected and equipped with many other layers of protection only IT people know. Haha

LOL, my thoughts too though I don't think Se Joo fully developed the game in Granada, most likely completed and tested it out in Barcelona with Marco, his bestie and hacker... Since Marco is a gamer and hacker, it may explain how Se Joo got the information on the contact lens to develop the software for it. This is why I don't think his computer at the hostel will bring forth a lot of clues.  Jin-Woo couldn't find any, being an IT whiz himself.

Se Joo develops his game characters based on things that he knows about people, JinWoo (Zinu), Hyung-Seok (gave him a monk's sword knowing the kind of person he is)... so I am curious what power does he gives his sister.  And why name her Emma? 

14 hours ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Perhaps I have met worse business people in real life so JW does not come across all that unpleasant to me.  Can you refresh my memory what he did that appeared sneaky?  I think as a venture capitalist, he has to keep a lot of information in confidential status and do his due diligence to check stuff, maybe I miss out the part of him being sneaky.   And I agree that HyunBin playing this role adds the charm to the character, if it is an actor I dislike, it could be another story.....:lol:

As much as I like HB, Jin-woo does what it takes to secure the deal.  If Se-Joo didn't go missing, I think it would have been a more straightforward deal.  I do like that he valued the hostel at the same price as what Hyung-Seok offered Se-Joo for the game.  He gives respect to his business partner and their relationship.   He didn't have to pay Jee-Hoo the amount and she was none the wiser.   What is sneaky is that he held back informations about her brother and the real reason for the hostel purchase - it was not for the building but the patent/right to all Se-Joo's work.  I think the more Jin-woo continues to keep Se-Joo in the dark about her brother (especially when he is missing and could be in danger), the more his fault amplifies into betrayal.  It's ironic that Jin-woo is hurt by the betrayal in his personal life yet in business (or at least in this particular case), he abused the trust someone else puts on him.  Of course, we see his conscience aided by attraction starts to get to him.  

To me, Jin-woo can't claim to be the victim while also be the perpetrator of lies himself.

5 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

The train ticket to Granada was accompanied by a handwritten note with Jinwoo's name and email.  Did you get the fun email address and hacker:  zinu@Jone can. (JiWon at J 1 can) :lol: The phone number below it is odd cuz the country code was 010 (which is Japan LOL).   

In Se-Joo's notebook, is the short notation: Developer Sean Murray:  it was as bad as things can get.  Who is Sean Murray and what does the whole thing mean?  There's also a picture of a cathedral.  He was in Barcelona so there are many besides Sagrada Familia.  The triangles and geometric patterns are famous and integral to the Alhambra.   Marco's name is associated with a phone number as well as an address, carrer de joan d'Austria (a neighborhood in Barcelona - maybe his flat there).   I think if Jin-woo starts looking for the address, he will find more info on Marco and Se-Joo's works.   

BTW, it's good to see you in the same thread after LoM. :D

@rori0711 thank you so much for the character descriptions! Made some things clear for me.

• Like 9

@stargazer187 haha I know Jin Woo to Zinu is a fun handle.  

Carrer de joan d"Austria is a real street in Barcelona, in the Gothic Quarter, googled it just now LOL.  The reason I'm familiar with the name cuz I was around the area seeing stuffs like El Pont del Bisbe (Bishop's Bridge) years ago.

The nerd in me also asked a gamer the reason why the triangles are in Se-Joo's book.  He said that triangles are actually the basis for designing in games cuz triangles can make any shape, including a sphere.  Ha!  Guess now I know.  But yeah, Se-Joo was obsessed with Medieval and the idea of Assassin, Nasrid, Crusades... as we saw in the first episode where his Assassin sword met the knight of the Crusades.  The Nasrid also integrated the important water element into the Alhambra as did Se-Joo with his rain/thunder in his game.

• Like 8

for some reason.. i really annoyed by the W fans here who keep compare MoA with their drama and keep bragging about W drama here.

the writer of this two dramas are the same person, yes, but MoA totally different with her previous drama so please, if you want drop a comments and shared your thoughts here about MoA just stick with it and dont drag other drama.

for the love story and romance itself.. i can say that the love story between the two main leads (JinWoo and HeeJoo) in this drama is very well built and looks real.. as we saw in episode 4 where the main leads began to feel attracted to each other and we as a viewers can feel the butterflies in our stomach.

unlike in the W drama, where the female lead continues to say i love you carelessly just because she is a fan of a characters in the webtoon?

and then the male lead suddenly falls in love with the female lead because she keeps saying it without any meaning behind it?? like c'mon! :huh:

if i am a man and then there's this girl keep saying 'i love you' to me.. i would be totally annoyed.. even if that girl can save my life.

until now i cant understand and i'm not feeling it.

As for the ratings.. MoA starts with a high ratings (7%) and remember that MoA airs on cable tv and people from around the world even people who are unfamiliar about kdrama are praised this drama and the actors in it.. and I remember reading in one of the accounts on Twitter... one of the long time Kdrama fans said that the MoA pilot was far better and more promising than W and i can agree with that (ups sorry!)

and if i remember right, W who aired on national tv received ratings only 8%.

So if we talk about ratings here, MoA is clearly still better in terms of rating :blush:

• Like 3

11.12.2018. 11:13 AM
Opciones para Más Publicaciones

Park Shin Hye learns Spanish hard for the role in ‘Alhambra’

Actress Park Shin Hye has found a unique role of a lifetime.

htm_2018121111045316510.jpg?type=e1920

In the Sat-Sun drama "Memories of the Alhambra" (tvN), Park Shin Hye is presenting herself to small-screen viewers as the female lead Jung Hee Joo, who is running an old hostel for overseas Korean.

Jung Hee Joo arrived in Spain to learn to play the guitar at a young age. However, as her parents passed away early, she became the head of the family who is responsible for looking after her grandma and two siblings. Not only does she run the hostel but she also has to work hard to earn a living by working as a local tour guide, working part-time in guitar classes, etc.

At first, Park Shin Hye's character in the drama might seem similar to other characters we have seen so far. The image of an active and strong girl who always smiles even in difficult situations reminds viewers of the drama "The Heirs" of SBS. However, Hyun Bin (as Yoo Jin Woo) is a multi-dimensional character who can shed tears at cruel words yet is capable of taking a revenge just as assertively.

In episode 3, Park Shin Hye played the role of Emma - a character in the AR game created by Chanyeol (as Jung Se Joo). Emma is a character which is completely opposite to Jung Hee Joo. She perfectly portrayed this character with a fatal charm and managed to enchant Hyun Bin - someone who originally does not care about women - with only a gaze. The image of her wearing a red veil and playing the guitar was so mysterious.

In addition, episode 3 of the drama has attracted viewers with the scene of Park Shin Hye's conversing fluently in Spanish. After accepting Hyun Bin's offer to buy the motel at the price of 1 billion won, Park Shin Hye received a phone call from a real estate agent. This person asked her to hand over the motel at a lower price. Park Shin Hye repeatedly asked the real estate agent, "Is there any plan for development?", "Or will its value suddenly increase 10 times?"

Park Shin Hye, who faces a critical situation when 1 billion in the 10-billion contract disappears in every 10 minutes, has made viewers focus all their attention to her fluent lines in both Korean and Spanish. That is an important scene when the miracle begins to reverse Park Shin Hye's life. By getting the audience more immersed in the drama with the Spanish lines, the tension was maintained until Hyun Bin embraced Park Shin Hye - who had passed out - in his arms.

Park Shin Hye's representative said, "Prior to this drama, Park Shin Hye had never learned Spanish. She began learning it for her role in the drama. When filming in Spain, she carefully asked the native speakers and followed their pronunciation. She got to learn more whenever the Spanish lines appeared in the script. Sine her character Hee Joo has been living in Spain for a long time, she is trying her best to nail her role.''

Reporter Lee Ah Young lee.ayoung@jtbc.co.kr

Everything Idol, Everyday Exclusive

V TODAY OPEN!

https://channels.vlive.tv/EBF267/vtoday/1.9280614

• Like 5

Okay so these are a few of the theories floating around regarding what exactly is 'the game'?

1- A parallel universe, an alternate reality existing together with the real world. (IDK, but that would just be a repetition of W...too predictable and generic)

2- The game has suddenly turned into a self-programming software not in control of its developer and is pulling humans within it. (how and why would be my questions. However, this could work if the writer could somehow establish the bad consequences of game addiction and humans are actually now at the mercy of technology...too philosophical I guess:unsure:)

3- The game is still 'a game' but rather hacked; hacked by Prof.Cha and Marco who are hell bent on destroying the lives of JW and SJ because of some kind of prior rivalry. (sounds so-unlike-writer-of-W. If this was some other K-drama, I might have bought this)

4- I-want-to-be-surprised! Lol..this is something that I can expect at least from this writer.

What else..?

• Like 5

Translation for #Loco #YooSungEun - Little Prince #MemoriesOfTheAlhambra OST Part 1

DuK9fVkX4AAeiS4.jpg

DuK9fVkXgAAEXXh.jpg

Cr: https://twitter.com/pop_gasa/status/1072610488318595072?s=21 

Ranked no. 7 on the charts and no. 7 on the charts for new songs on the Chinese music streaming site QQ music

Spoiler

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

So if CHS died because Zinu killed him with his sword in AR world. Why JW didn't get affected with any injury or scars on him. He got some stabs from Dr. Cha's sword as well. CHS was reported like he losing many blood even there's no any wound on his body. If he really died. Then what happened to SJ. And how could JW be okay after falling from 6th floor. Ah.. I know I shouldn't think of this too much. But this is fun, guessing and predicting what logic could we have to explain all of this. 

bold

I guess you have to be really 'dead' as in defeated and killed in the game to be declared dead in the real world. JW had wounds but not like fatal wounds. JW literally gashed the sword in Dr.Cha's abdomen(it was a gory sight), who would have not survived? About falling from 6th floor and surviving, I think it depends on the fact that JW did receive medical assistance on time(we saw the ambulance scene) whereas Dr.Cha was left to bleed on bench till morning. But then I am thinking that Dr.Cha's wounds were not visible, so what would have the doctors treated?

Maybe I should also not think much..:mellow:

• Like 3

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

I wonder when this AR game has crossed its boundaries into their real world. The first time he tested the game. JW got killed and be dead multiple times by that giant Narsid warrior. The consequency is just being logged out right after he got killed. And he has to retry the same level from the start again. But it went totally weird and different when he has a duel with CHS/Dr. Cha. 

For CHS. Did they diagnosed him to have a heart attack or something. He drinks lots of alcohol and has no sleep for few days. They have to wait the autopsy result to see what cause of his death. I hope there's a good medical explanation for that. Or else JW can be the murder,  that sounds crazy huh. He ends up being a murder just because he killed him in AR world. He even used the virtual swords to stab him so how could it possible to really kill him in real life. Ah... confused. Lol

If i’m not mistaken, the man from ambassador ? said CHS had blood loss or looked like bleeding to death, but they cannot find any external wound. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bedifferent said:

As much as I like HB, Jin-woo does what it takes to secure the deal.  If Se-Joo didn't go missing, I think it would have been a more straightforward deal.  I do like that he valued the hostel at the same price as what Hyung-Seok offered Se-Joo for the game.  He gives respect to his business partner and their relationship.   He didn't have to pay Jee-Hoo the amount and she was none the wiser.   What is sneaky is that he held back informations about her brother and the real reason for the hostel purchase - it was not for the building but the patent/right to all Se-Joo's work.  I think the more Jin-woo continues to keep Se-Joo in the dark about her brother (especially when he is missing and could be in danger), the more his fault amplifies into betrayal.  It's ironic that Jin-woo is hurt by the betrayal in his personal life yet in business (or at least in this particular case), he abused the trust someone else puts on him.  Of course, we see his conscience aided by attraction starts to get to him.  

To me, Jin-woo can't claim to be the victim while also be the perpetrator of lies himself.

JW to me is every bit of a smart investor.  I agree that he is earnest to offer the price that HS offered for the game and not undercut due to HJ being a naive girl who is ignorant of what her brother is doing.   I would not consider not telling her about her brother and the hostel purchase as sneaky because HJ is not one who can handle that much information and she has a lot on her plate daily to manage.   When he told her a laundry list of his dislike of the hostel, it already stressed her out so much.   I think linking the patent of the game to the hostel would only confuse her since she is clueless what her brother is up to.    In a way, I actually appreciate that he simplified the transaction for her since he was offering her an honest deal.  As for her brother's disappearance, JW was still investigating and I believe at some appropriate point, he would tell her rather than alarming her too soon.  

I think his personal life's betrayal is quite different from this encounter with HJ.  The relationship in his personal life was his wife and his good friend.  HJ is still a new acquaintance, there is no room for comparison on trust level with a wife and a good friend for many years.....so I would not put the two discussion together at this point, a bit premature.  Frankly, not telling HJ anything now is just keeping her happiness a bit longer over the windfall that she has just received from selling the hostel.  By telling uncertain news to her would have made her happiness short-lived, just my gut feel.   I think most importantly, he did not take advantage of HJ's  naive and innocent nature by cutting a short deal for her, that is respectable as a businessman, that's how he can keep his charm...not an unscrupulous person.   Just my 2 cents worth. :P

Oh, btw I am very impressed by Park Shin Hye's ability to speak Spanish like a native speaker in the drama when she claimed to have learned Spanish only when she signed up for this drama...  I think it is awesome and kudos to her...   Actually I have not really liked her drama so far for a reason even unknown to myself..lolll.  she just could not arrest my attention for long.......but in this drama I am impressed by her so far.   :thumbsup:

• Like 5

On 12/7/2018 at 5:06 AM, pattsue said:

Thanks for your insight about the history of Granada,especially about the similarity between Isabella/Ferdinand and HJ/JW.This is an interesting comparison

A lot of the viewers aren’t gamers so weaving the gaming world with “local” Spanish history and adding a distinct old-world charm to a new-age-y/techie kind of kdrama would be a win-win for all.  :D

On 12/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, rori0711 said:

Detailed but definitely not boring ;) B) Your points are valid and acceptable.

Given this insightful premise, I am more thrilled to witness Jinwoo's journey and...uncover the secrets of Granada. 

You can tell how writer SJJ carefully and richly wrote this intricate story. She has a strong message to convey while everyone is caught up on the cutting edge technology in the show credits to excellent direction of director Ahn Gilho :wub: 

Yes, I wouldn’t mind if they film the whole thing in Spain. The director really made Granada look dreamy so much so that returning to Seoul would be like waking up to harsh reality.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:17 PM, wenchanteur said:

Your point of view is really very interesting, I appreciate it very much, even if sadly, it always leads me deeper into the spoil. ^^

I have something to add to your staircase!
After the very disappointing 6th floor.

Finally, what he needs is simply within his reach, on the ground floor. Putting aside his crazy ambition and desire for revenge, to try to sincerely meet Jung Hee-joo (Park Shin-hye), rather than trying to roll her in the flour.

Your psychological/symbolic interpretation is, in my opinion, highly valid, very likely. In "W", there was a scene of this type, a very strong scene, when Oh Yoon-Jo dived into the Han River to seek her true desire. First, she seemed to have forgotten Kang Chul and was looking for another relationship and seemed frivolous (it sounded rather strange to the viewer), then she was immersed in water (what is below the surface is a symbol of the unconscious), then tried to grap Kang Chul. And when she returned, she looked herself in the mirror. And another small mirror was on the table, also reflecting her face, as if to say that all the angles of her psyche were bare, deeply in agreement.

Concerning the scenery and the stairs, I travelled to Spain, and I slept in a pension of the same kind, with collective rooms. It was perfect because there was a good atmosphere, and it was cheap for a broke student like me.

Thanks for that bit on info on W. I didn’t finish W but I’d love to read about the similarities between this kdrama and her previous one and see the growth in this writer’s concept on time and reality manipulation. 

I’d love to see Granada. I had this mad impulse to look for tickets for my family of 4 plus sons’ GFs but no luck during this holiday season. Sleeping in pensions is a must for youth but my decrepit bones (not to mention my husband, lol) won’t forgive me if we’ve to climb 6 flights of stairs -- with luggage -- like JW did.

And now,  here’s my (futile) attempt on analyzing JinWoo’s character from a gamer’s point of view because a lot of us viewers aren’t gamers (not enough hours in a day to be both a kdrama AND gaming addict). Is JW’s personality consistent with a gamer? I think yes.

Here’s the link to my blog:  

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/12/memories-of-the-alhambra-eps-3-and-4-from-a-gamers-mindset/

And here’s an excerpt:

JW: What the…(smiles at ladies passing by) You prick, this isn’t like those games you play sitting on your couch. Try playing it and see how hard it is. Since I got here, I haven’t had a good night’s sleep. I’ve only eaten ramyun and I’ve died 45 times. How many more times should I die?

Understanding the gamer’s mindset: It may appear as if he’s whining, but in fact he’s humble-bragging. He’s proud of his dedication to complete a challenging task despite the extended duration. He’s single-minded in his focus to level up quickly and is prepared to forego sleep and a decent meal in order to test the software for defects and malfunctions.

And notice this: he isn’t complaining about the STRESS. If he hated this part of the job, that is, software testing, he could’ve delegated it to someone else and retired to his lodgings. But he’s invigorated or pumped up each time he discovers a new trick to the game and levels up.

Like most gamers, it isn’t at all stressful to work long and hard on an obstacle in a given level because they’re passionate about what they do.

We see a similar passion in the way JW flits from one “quest” to another. Ever since Episode 1, it’s been a constant stream of activity for him and he’s like an Energizer Bunny. Except for the times when he sat to listen to the guitar or waited for HeeJoo to come out of the restroom in Episode 3, he’s always been on the go. That’s why he missed breakfast at Hostal Bonita, the churros in Alcazaba Café, and the dinner plans with HeeJoo. Although his explicit goal is to get control of the game and market it before his archrival does, his implicit goal is to thwart Cha in anything he does. He keeps on grinding away until he achieves his goal.

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/12/memories-of-the-alhambra-eps-3-and-4-from-a-gamers-mindset/

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1