Quantcast
LyraYoo

[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

28 minutes ago, siddy09 said:

bold

I guess you have to be really 'dead' as in defeated and killed in the game to be declared dead in the real world. JW had wounds but not like fatal wounds. JW literally gashed the sword in Dr.Cha's abdomen(it was a gory sight), who would have not survived? About falling from 6th floor and surviving, I think it depends on the fact that JW did receive medical assistance on time(we saw the ambulance scene) whereas Dr.Cha was left to bleed on bench till morning. But then I am thinking that Dr.Cha's wounds were not visible, so what would have the doctors treated?

Maybe I should also not think much..:mellow:

I wonder when this AR game has crossed its boundaries into their real world. The first time he tested the game. JW got killed and be dead multiple times by that giant Narsid warrior. The consequency is just being logged out right after he got killed. And he has to retry the same level from the start again. But it went totally weird and different when he has a duel with CHS/Dr. Cha. 

For CHS. Did they diagnosed him to have a heart attack or something. He drinks lots of alcohol and has no sleep for few days. They have to wait the autopsy result to see what cause of his death. I hope there's a good medical explanation for that. Or else JW can be the murder,  that sounds crazy huh. He ends up being a murder just because he killed him in AR world. He even used the virtual swords to stab him so how could it possible to really kill him in real life. Ah... confused. Lol

P.S. 

Oh.. what was that tvn??:o What's with the slow-mo bts of the OTP.:lol: What did the caption say here @stroppyse ?? Where r you? Don't you watch this with us? 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, stargazer187 said:

I wonder when this AR game has crossed its boundaries into their real world. The first time he tested the game. JW got killed and be dead multiple times by that giant Narsid warrior. The consequency is just being logged out right after he got killed. And he has to retry the same level from the start again. But it went totally weird and different when he has a duel with CHS/Dr. Cha. 

For CHS. Did they diagnosed him to have a heart attack or something. He drinks lots of alcohol and has no sleep for few days. They have to wait the autopsy result to see what cause of his death. I hope there's a good medical explanation for that. Or else JW can be the murder,  that sounds crazy huh. He ends up being a murder just because he killed him in AR world. He even used the virtual swords to stab him so how could it possible to really kill him in real life. Ah... confused. Lol

If i’m not mistaken, the man from ambassador ? said CHS had blood loss or looked like bleeding to death, but they cannot find any external wound. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, bedifferent said:

As much as I like HB, Jin-woo does what it takes to secure the deal.  If Se-Joo didn't go missing, I think it would have been a more straightforward deal.  I do like that he valued the hostel at the same price as what Hyung-Seok offered Se-Joo for the game.  He gives respect to his business partner and their relationship.   He didn't have to pay Jee-Hoo the amount and she was none the wiser.   What is sneaky is that he held back informations about her brother and the real reason for the hostel purchase - it was not for the building but the patent/right to all Se-Joo's work.  I think the more Jin-woo continues to keep Se-Joo in the dark about her brother (especially when he is missing and could be in danger), the more his fault amplifies into betrayal.  It's ironic that Jin-woo is hurt by the betrayal in his personal life yet in business (or at least in this particular case), he abused the trust someone else puts on him.  Of course, we see his conscience aided by attraction starts to get to him.  

To me, Jin-woo can't claim to be the victim while also be the perpetrator of lies himself.

JW to me is every bit of a smart investor.  I agree that he is earnest to offer the price that HS offered for the game and not undercut due to HJ being a naive girl who is ignorant of what her brother is doing.   I would not consider not telling her about her brother and the hostel purchase as sneaky because HJ is not one who can handle that much information and she has a lot on her plate daily to manage.   When he told her a laundry list of his dislike of the hostel, it already stressed her out so much.   I think linking the patent of the game to the hostel would only confuse her since she is clueless what her brother is up to.    In a way, I actually appreciate that he simplified the transaction for her since he was offering her an honest deal.  As for her brother's disappearance, JW was still investigating and I believe at some appropriate point, he would tell her rather than alarming her too soon.  

I think his personal life's betrayal is quite different from this encounter with HJ.  The relationship in his personal life was his wife and his good friend.  HJ is still a new acquaintance, there is no room for comparison on trust level with a wife and a good friend for many years.....so I would not put the two discussion together at this point, a bit premature.  Frankly, not telling HJ anything now is just keeping her happiness a bit longer over the windfall that she has just received from selling the hostel.  By telling uncertain news to her would have made her happiness short-lived, just my gut feel.   I think most importantly, he did not take advantage of HJ's  naive and innocent nature by cutting a short deal for her, that is respectable as a businessman, that's how he can keep his charm...not an unscrupulous person.   Just my 2 cents worth. :P

Oh, btw I am very impressed by Park Shin Hye's ability to speak Spanish like a native speaker in the drama when she claimed to have learned Spanish only when she signed up for this drama...  I think it is awesome and kudos to her...   Actually I have not really liked her drama so far for a reason even unknown to myself..lolll.  she just could not arrest my attention for long.......but in this drama I am impressed by her so far.   :thumbsup:

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, 12blbl said:

If i’m not mistaken, the man from ambassador ? said CHS had blood loss or looked like bleeding to death, but they cannot find any external wound. 

Yes, the spokesman explained that to him and the police needs the autopsy result to  confirm the cause of his death. And if something wrong it could turn into a murder case. 

• Like 3

On 12/7/2018 at 5:06 AM, pattsue said:

Thanks for your insight about the history of Granada,especially about the similarity between Isabella/Ferdinand and HJ/JW.This is an interesting comparison

A lot of the viewers aren’t gamers so weaving the gaming world with “local” Spanish history and adding a distinct old-world charm to a new-age-y/techie kind of kdrama would be a win-win for all.  :D

On 12/6/2018 at 2:29 PM, rori0711 said:

Detailed but definitely not boring ;) B) Your points are valid and acceptable.

Given this insightful premise, I am more thrilled to witness Jinwoo's journey and...uncover the secrets of Granada. 

You can tell how writer SJJ carefully and richly wrote this intricate story. She has a strong message to convey while everyone is caught up on the cutting edge technology in the show credits to excellent direction of director Ahn Gilho :wub: 

Yes, I wouldn’t mind if they film the whole thing in Spain. The director really made Granada look dreamy so much so that returning to Seoul would be like waking up to harsh reality.

On 12/6/2018 at 1:17 PM, wenchanteur said:

Your point of view is really very interesting, I appreciate it very much, even if sadly, it always leads me deeper into the spoil. ^^

I have something to add to your staircase!
After the very disappointing 6th floor.

Finally, what he needs is simply within his reach, on the ground floor. Putting aside his crazy ambition and desire for revenge, to try to sincerely meet Jung Hee-joo (Park Shin-hye), rather than trying to roll her in the flour.

Your psychological/symbolic interpretation is, in my opinion, highly valid, very likely. In "W", there was a scene of this type, a very strong scene, when Oh Yoon-Jo dived into the Han River to seek her true desire. First, she seemed to have forgotten Kang Chul and was looking for another relationship and seemed frivolous (it sounded rather strange to the viewer), then she was immersed in water (what is below the surface is a symbol of the unconscious), then tried to grap Kang Chul. And when she returned, she looked herself in the mirror. And another small mirror was on the table, also reflecting her face, as if to say that all the angles of her psyche were bare, deeply in agreement.

Concerning the scenery and the stairs, I travelled to Spain, and I slept in a pension of the same kind, with collective rooms. It was perfect because there was a good atmosphere, and it was cheap for a broke student like me.

Thanks for that bit on info on W. I didn’t finish W but I’d love to read about the similarities between this kdrama and her previous one and see the growth in this writer’s concept on time and reality manipulation. 

I’d love to see Granada. I had this mad impulse to look for tickets for my family of 4 plus sons’ GFs but no luck during this holiday season. Sleeping in pensions is a must for youth but my decrepit bones (not to mention my husband, lol) won’t forgive me if we’ve to climb 6 flights of stairs -- with luggage -- like JW did.

And now,  here’s my (futile) attempt on analyzing JinWoo’s character from a gamer’s point of view because a lot of us viewers aren’t gamers (not enough hours in a day to be both a kdrama AND gaming addict). Is JW’s personality consistent with a gamer? I think yes.

Here’s the link to my blog:  

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/12/memories-of-the-alhambra-eps-3-and-4-from-a-gamers-mindset/

And here’s an excerpt:

JW: What the…(smiles at ladies passing by) You prick, this isn’t like those games you play sitting on your couch. Try playing it and see how hard it is. Since I got here, I haven’t had a good night’s sleep. I’ve only eaten ramyun and I’ve died 45 times. How many more times should I die?

Understanding the gamer’s mindset: It may appear as if he’s whining, but in fact he’s humble-bragging. He’s proud of his dedication to complete a challenging task despite the extended duration. He’s single-minded in his focus to level up quickly and is prepared to forego sleep and a decent meal in order to test the software for defects and malfunctions.

And notice this: he isn’t complaining about the STRESS. If he hated this part of the job, that is, software testing, he could’ve delegated it to someone else and retired to his lodgings. But he’s invigorated or pumped up each time he discovers a new trick to the game and levels up.

Like most gamers, it isn’t at all stressful to work long and hard on an obstacle in a given level because they’re passionate about what they do.

We see a similar passion in the way JW flits from one “quest” to another. Ever since Episode 1, it’s been a constant stream of activity for him and he’s like an Energizer Bunny. Except for the times when he sat to listen to the guitar or waited for HeeJoo to come out of the restroom in Episode 3, he’s always been on the go. That’s why he missed breakfast at Hostal Bonita, the churros in Alcazaba Café, and the dinner plans with HeeJoo. Although his explicit goal is to get control of the game and market it before his archrival does, his implicit goal is to thwart Cha in anything he does. He keeps on grinding away until he achieves his goal.

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/12/memories-of-the-alhambra-eps-3-and-4-from-a-gamers-mindset/

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, stargazer187 said:

Oh.. what was that tvn??:o What's with the slow-mo bts of the OTP.:lol: What did the caption say here @stroppyse ?? Where r you? Don't you watch this with us? 

Insta caption for this clip:

This has been posted to keep you all fascinated and watching..

Captions within the clip:

(An earnest handling) (me: meaning that she’s earnestly touching him)
Couldn’t you just give me 3 minutes?

@stargazer187, I was planning on watching this with everyone, but am swamped by real life. Sorry, I'm not around as much right now. I take it that you like this drama? :D

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

@stroppyse ah.. I see. It's okay. It's enough already with you popping out like now. Hehehe

And thanks again for the caption trans. Well.. the part they make a slo-mo of the touching makes it more fun. Lololol

6 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

I take it that you like this drama? :D

Yes!! :D I like this. And HB oppa is motivating me to watch this even more.

• Like 6
  • LOL 1

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Insta caption for this clip:

This has been posted to keep you all fascinated and watching..

Captions within the clip:

(An earnest handling) (me: meaning that she’s earnestly touching him)
Couldn’t you just give me 3 minutes?

@stargazer187, I was planning on watching this with everyone, but am swamped by real life. Sorry, I'm not around as much right now. I take it that you like this drama? :D

thanks @stroppyse 

sorry to butt in but we all in here are liking and going nuts over this crazy mysterious show called Memories of the Alhambra :crazy::D Aren't we @stargazer187 ?;)

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

Haha, yes @rori0711 and waiting for weekend is pretty longer than ever. Bless those who busy with work and can watch this while it's complete later. Well, in my case. I'm not that busy for now and it's almost end year. I have lots free time than before to watch more dramas. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Spoiler

A lot of the viewers aren’t gamers so weaving the gaming world with “local” Spanish history and adding a distinct old-world charm to a new-age-y/techie kind of kdrama would be a win-win for all.  :D

Yes, I wouldn’t mind if they film the whole thing in Spain. The director really made Granada look dreamy so much so that returning to Seoul would be like waking up to harsh reality.

Thanks for that bit on info on W. I didn’t finish W but I’d love to read about the similarities between this kdrama and her previous one and see the growth in this writer’s concept on time and reality manipulation. 

Spoiler

I’d love to see Granada. I had this mad impulse to look for tickets for my family of 4 plus sons’ GFs but no luck during this holiday season. Sleeping in pensions is a must for youth but my decrepit bones (not to mention my husband, lol) won’t forgive me if we’ve to climb 6 flights of stairs -- with luggage -- like JW did.

And now,  here’s my (futile) attempt on analyzing JinWoo’s character from a gamer’s point of view because a lot of us viewers aren’t gamers (not enough hours in a day to be both a kdrama AND gaming addict). Is JW’s personality consistent with a gamer? I think yes.

Here’s the link to my blog:  

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/12/memories-of-the-alhambra-eps-3-and-4-from-a-gamers-mindset/

Spoiler

And here’s an excerpt:

JW: What the…(smiles at ladies passing by) You prick, this isn’t like those games you play sitting on your couch. Try playing it and see how hard it is. Since I got here, I haven’t had a good night’s sleep. I’ve only eaten ramyun and I’ve died 45 times. How many more times should I die?

Understanding the gamer’s mindset: It may appear as if he’s whining, but in fact he’s humble-bragging. He’s proud of his dedication to complete a challenging task despite the extended duration. He’s single-minded in his focus to level up quickly and is prepared to forego sleep and a decent meal in order to test the software for defects and malfunctions.

And notice this: he isn’t complaining about the STRESS. If he hated this part of the job, that is, software testing, he could’ve delegated it to someone else and retired to his lodgings. But he’s invigorated or pumped up each time he discovers a new trick to the game and levels up.

Like most gamers, it isn’t at all stressful to work long and hard on an obstacle in a given level because they’re passionate about what they do.

We see a similar passion in the way JW flits from one “quest” to another. Ever since Episode 1, it’s been a constant stream of activity for him and he’s like an Energizer Bunny. Except for the times when he sat to listen to the guitar or waited for HeeJoo to come out of the restroom in Episode 3, he’s always been on the go. That’s why he missed breakfast at Hostal Bonita, the churros in Alcazaba Café, and the dinner plans with HeeJoo. Although his explicit goal is to get control of the game and market it before his archrival does, his implicit goal is to thwart Cha in anything he does. He keeps on grinding away until he achieves his goal.

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/12/memories-of-the-alhambra-eps-3-and-4-from-a-gamers-mindset/

I'm positive to learn too the similarities and comparison between W and ongoing MoA by the SJJ. I managed to catch only the first few episodes. Maybe you can share your thoughts with a spoiler tag. I see our @Indri Puspitasari here is not a fan ;)

@packmule3  Great Jinwoo exposition right there. SJJ has a firm grip of her hero's characterization and Hyun Bin had a blast of translating it onscreen :w00t: :wub:

The exchange was gold and one of my favorites in Ep3. I wish I can diss my boss sometimes in that manner too :lol: 

That terse convo...how much more after the whole show? How awesome and flawed Jinwoo's persona will get?

I like it that you've touched practical truth that is applicable be it in work or in life as general. Having Jinwoo's gamer mindset is not at all bad :D  

Agreed that Jinwoo considers Heejoo as ally so far. He asked her to be a translator for a fee, a mutual benefit, prevailing over Heejoo's gallant offering as a friend. Their disparity in behavior is as clear as daylight :lol: It's a long run for both to come into terms and compromise their feelings.

P.S. wonder why my comment didn't show in your blog.

Looking forward to your Heejoo introspection.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Haha, yes @rori0711 and waiting for weekend is pretty longer than ever. Bless those who busy with work and can watch this while it's complete later. Well, in my case. I'm not that busy for now and it's almost end year. I have lots free time than before to watch more dramas. 

:thumbsup: Good for you.  Office work for me is quite demanding due to holidays & closing year :crazy: 

It's fun to read MoA theories and opinions here and there. We always get questions but never an answer. What a clever SJJ :D 

• Like 3
  • LOL 1

13 hours ago, packmule3 said:

. Is JW’s personality consistent with a gamer? I think yes.

Yes I agree....you see the glee in his face when he plays the game...it makes me wanna play the game though I am nowhere near to be claimed an avid gamer.   I actually dislike living a virtual life and I still do not like it but this drama has opened new insights for me for the game of tomorrow which is actually potentially dangerous for us to lose ourselves between reality and the virtual world.  So this drama really incites my hunger for more knowledge of the gaming world....it's fascinating and at the same time a risky reality that is coming at us.:w00t:

• Like 5

yay! I'm back! 

hi chingus!

my theory is, Emma would be a key character in the game, or could be the heroine, because in real world, the brother look up to his sister as the one who raised them so sort of the hero of the family.

• Like 5

I re-watched the trailer again looking for some clues.. All scenes have been shown except for this..

HJ is crying while running and trying to catch-up with the moving train..

Is this some-kind of goodbye between HJ and JW?

qE8xSae.gif

mUm5X9b.gif

• Like 3