[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Ahh..back on soompi after an year or so. Just couldn't hold myself back from diving into this 'magical' world of MoA.:D

These are some of my musings..

-I love the title! I watched the first episode with absolutely no clue about AR or VR technology. I thought it's a typical love-triangle/ rom-com set in Alhambra and that the writer of W had changed her genres. Lol, that wasn't the case..thankfully. W was a masterpiece, it still is; so naturally those peeps who literally lived in the world of W, can not help themselves but to compare. Even I can't, and I have to stop myself every time I draw parallels. 

-Hyun Bin and PSH: I found this is an unusual yet promising pairing. And those who are saying that they are not finding any chemistry, well I kind of get where they are coming from. They look good together, indeed, but the 'romantic' angle of their story has a long long way to go. Right now they look like two tourists running around the city, guiding each other. And because the whole 'game vs. reality'; takes up a major chunk of the script, I guess the love side might develop rather slowly.

-So the game..

My thoughts about the brother, he is still inside the train. He didn't get out, he is not dead, yet, so I believe that he is somewhere in the train stuck on  the level where HB will eventually struggle too(episode 2 teaser). Why? Because it now seems more and more apparent that 'the game' is itself a separate reality, another world, more like a separate entity and dangerously not in control of its own developer. Its possible that the brother is still in the 'game version' of the train. Lets see..what happens.

-Dr. Cha. He is definitely dead in the real world(felt bad for the wife) but not in game that's why he is not talking. Don't forget, that there maybe bugs in the software(not just bugs but cockroaches rather!:crazy:) and it had to be debugged and test runned. So a possible bug could be that if a user kills a 'real' person while playing the game, the person dies in real but lives in the game. As of now Dr.Cha is a game character, an enemy and because he was not an original creation of the developer, he is not dying in the game as that Nasrid guy did. The game is not programmed yet as to how to handle user to user interactions. Although, technically its a major glitch and if this was a real game, it would have been a disaster.

-Is HB logged in all the time? I think no. I feel that now logging in and out is not within his discretion. With every passing moment as he divulges deeper into the game, he loses his authority. Maybe that's what happened to See-ju too.

-Emma...eh. I feel very uneasy about this. Using a real person as a game character..not good!:crazy:

What I am looking towards..

HB and PSH..:wub: In W , the girl kissed they guy in the second episode I guess..lol.. This writer can give us some good scenes, so waiting for that.

Will they return to Korea and more importantly how would the game react if the surroundings get altered? Will it work in the same manner as in Granada?

And generally, I am really curious and invested as to how would the drama play out...fingers crossed.:sweatingbullets:

PS. Hi..:)

• Like 5

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

It seems to me that JW's ex wife did love her husband CHS. I find her outburst towards JW interesting. As if there's another side/layer of JW that is not shown yet. JW is divorced 2 times and he's not shy to admit it. There must be something wrong somewhere for both his marriage to turn bad.

I dont know what to expect next. From the ep5 teaser, i dont think JW fell from level 6. His injuries are not consistent with injuries obtained from falling from a high place. If he did fall, it doesnt make sense for him to be alive. Not that the drama makes sense anyways with all the virtual reality stuff lol. My thoughts could be completely wrong. But CHS died from excessive blood lost. If JW really fell, i think he would have died too. However if he didnt fell, what did HJ see?

yup, but the BTS showed him falling down with the wires and also Hee ju going downstairs to check him so...

• Like 3

6 hours ago, frozentundra said:

So far my guess is that programmer brother has been sucked into the game. So my possible theory on CHS is that somehow the real version and the game version have been swapped? But no...that doesn't make sense, because when JW tried to touch him, he was all buzzy like a game character, not real. (Then again...people in W were able to die and come back, so...) Well, I don't know. I guess I have to keep watching. :) Ep 4 was a bit scary, though, with this creepy CHS appearing all over.

Was so happy to see Kim Eui Sung again. Annyeong, Appa! Don't lose your face this time! Fight back if the writer wants to do that to you, lol. I don't know if he'll be a good guy or a bad guy in this, but I'm intrigued that he seems close to both JW and CHS. (Is he CHA's dad?) He also seems to be way more clued in to the whole game system than anyone else, which is curious. 

Spoiler

I love the setting and the atmosphere. Oh, I'm also very impressed at all the Koreans' Spanish speaking abilities. Nice accents, and you feel like they actually know what they are saying. (As opposed to blindly reciting memorized lines, which is often what I feel when "English" actors show up in Kdramas.) 

I'm not feeling the romance yet (sorry, don't throw things), mostly because JW strikes me as a controlling jerk and I can't see any reason for them to like each other yet outside of a transactional nature. But this is a kdrama, so reformation of jerks is something I can hopefully look forward to. But otherwise, the acting is nice, and the story is compelling on a puzzle level. Song Jae Jung has earned her 계속 ("to be continued") ending every time (as she should!). Looking forward to the next installment.

It was edgier than Episode 2 ending and i think shock value will dial up for upcoming episodes. Fantasy romance drama with gripping cliffhangers are right up my alley so SJJ gained another fan :) I will definitely check out her other works.

I think SJ case will start to move now that Marco Han's name popped up. He's a programmer and a hacker who befriends Sejoo.  

We'll formally meet HS dad next week. Curiosity overtakes me upon hearing his cold statements to JW about his son. 

Ah romance. We cannot avoid that, neither SJJ can't she? Contrary to my radar, romance had started already on the part of Heejoo ;) She's in for major reformation work towards our hotshot jerk who has a lot of "excess baggage" :lol:  

• Like 5

Didn't Professor Cha say something like whether Jin Woo heard it? and then somebody replied that Jin-woo didn't and only him and Jung Hee-ju know about this. What did he mean?

His father's face is so villainous that I had goosebumps when I saw him onscreen. But I don't think the writer will introduce a stock villain considering her past works.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Kasmic said:

Also Emma, created by SJ will help JW ?. I think the reason JW hears the music is because Emma plays it to warn JW that there is an enemy (zombie Cha) coming. Also in some of the stills of Emma I see her very different to HJ, she looks cunning and not as innocent or trusting as HJ.:blink: OR maybe its just me because I want to see PSH play a devious role :lol: She did say we will see her play a different role to what we r used to seeing

This is a really interesting thought. Maybe like in W, where there was the dual role of cartoonist Oh Seung Moo and No Face, there will be a dual role of real life Hee Joo and more devious game Emma? And I agree with the other comment, too, that it was nice of her brother to recognize her guitar playing  and stick that in there. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, akiera said:

Didn't Professor Cha say something like whether Jin Woo heard it? and then somebody replied that Jin-woo didn't and only him and Jung Hee-ju know about this. What did he mean?

His father's face is so villainous that I had goosebumps when I saw him onscreen. But I don't think the writer will introduce a stock villain considering her past works.

I don't know but yeah i heard that line. I'm not convinced whether he's on Jinwoo's side genuinely. Maybe he has ulterior motive in the end.

I wouldn't mind him playing bad guy coz he's so good at it. Kim Euisung is such a terrific solid actor.

Here's an excerpt video of MOA's presscon with funny villains.

ctto

11 hours ago, angelguccio said:

I'm so confused...is CHY still alive?

In real world, he's dead. In AR game, yes, he's very much alive :D 

• Like 4

At first, I'm afraid that Jinwoo would fall for Emma because the latter smiled and charmed him while playing the guitar but then i realized that Jinwoo's narration was about Heejoo. He speaks tenderly of her. I don't know how their lovestory will unfold but I can see they are fated to meet each another :wub: 

ctto

• Like 5

14 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

Like W was, this drama is not easy for any audience. This is the concern when an author tries to remain honest and write the stories that really interests him, without making compromises for the general public.

Spoiler

W was very lucky in his time that the audiences were good. But when you think about it, such a masterpiece should have done so much more, everything was perfect in every respect, not just the story, but also the direction and the background music.
When I first discovered story, I immediately thought that it was rather the kind of story that would have worked in Japan, or could have been written by a Japanese, which is a country that has accustomed us to extreme originality, and daring everything and anything.

So it's a good idea to have this partnership with Netflix. I don't have an opinion on this distribution network, but it certainly broadens the audience. The Korean audience index alone weighs less on the production's shoulders under these conditions, and helps to preserve the originality of the script.

It would be interesting to know the budget of this drama, because I suppose it is high.
Hyun Bin is, for example, an expensive actor! But also filming abroad, in Spain, is very expensive. And special effects or action scenes are also expensive.
We can see that there are 3 production organizations.
I suppose that the professional community has been more receptive than the general public to the previous story of Song Jae-Jung. Already for "W", the producer had given her carte blanche (MBC was in trouble at the time, and the drama helped to put the channel back on track). I guess it's the same here, especially I hope.

Opening up to an international audience could also have negative effects. We can find some interesting American series about the originality of the story, but I must admit that even that, I am not used to watching it, for a quite obvious reason: the lack of emotion. It is the Korean speciality to know how to make a spectator react emotionally and sincerely. Dramas succeed in making people cry, because they sound real humanly, and have the know-how to intensify emotion. There is a whole sense of moral value and human dignity behind this, but also a (non-psychological) knowledge of the human soul, its torments, its purpose.
I think that's the main problem with Western productions, and it would take too long to discuss here the why and how.

A Korean drama that would be too adapted in this way would mean his death.
Ahn Gil Ho directed the drama "secret forest", which is unfortunately the exact representation of what I am saying. Of all the drama, there is only one part that makes you cry.
Although its realization is effective, I therefore moderately appreciate its presence on Memories of Alhambra. I have difficulty trusting him... his style is quite cold and realistic. I have trouble differentiating him from other directors. This was not the case with Jung Dae-Yun who has a very strong, warm style and uses brightness to perfection, and whose only defect (which he has corrected in part since King2hearts) are the action scenes.

To qualify my point, I must say that there are probably not many directors who are strong enough to direct this drama, and Ahn Gil Ho is very good at restoring action, nervousness, battle scenes in subjective view.
Despite my criticism, these are things I don't take into account when I watch the drama, I fully prefer to let myself go and be captivated by the story. It is more of an analysis that I undertake after the fact.

We can only hope that ratings will have an overall average at least 10% considering production budget is W25 billion compared to Mr. Sunshine's 12.955% average with W40 billion.

If there's any consolation, almost 90% reviews i've read global online are critically positive. 

Excellent direction, cinematography, coupled with the wonderful script and capable leads makes the drama very satisfying after a long drought. I hope they commit to it till the end as production are on going.  

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS: YOO JIN-WOO AND HIS J.ONE COMPANY EMPLOYEES

credits: https://www.dramamilk.com/character-descriptions-yoo-jin-woo-and-his-j-one-company-employees/

Character Translations for Korean Drama Memories of Alhambra on Netflix

Spoiler

If you had some questions about each character that was introduced in the first two episodes of Memories of Alhambra, get in line, right? There were a lot ot characters including characters that don’t even have screen time but have a lot of time dedicated to them (ahem, 2nd ex-wife, ahem). Well we will be releasing all the character translations from tvN’s website over here throughout this week.First up are all of the people on Jin-woo’s side come dust or dawn. The J. One company employees.

But first, let me share that this post was first shared with our Patreon’s as a First Look! If you look closely (okay, not so closely, it’s up on the right corner and kind of hard to miss) you will see our button that shows that this is a Patreon First Look post which means that this was shared days ago on our Patreon page. It is our gift to everyone that is supporting our site for $1 a month on our brand spanking new Patreon page. But we know times are tough so we want to make things available to everyone that comes to Drama Milk, hence our “First Looks” that come directly from our Patreon to Drama Milk.

YOO JIN WOO (Male, 39)
J. One holdings Investment company CEO and Ph.D in engineering
While he was getting his Ph.D, he started his company with a friend. After 10 years it became the #1 I.T. investment company in the field. He is almost recklessly adventurous. He has to do things that he has to do and if there is something that he does not want to do, he does not do it. Likewise, if there is something that he has to say, then he has to say it. He is a one-way kind of guy.

He has strong leadership and decision making abilities. He is humorous and is a respected boss in the company. But he has two failed marriages and was betrayed by his best friend. Because of all those hardships in his private life, he has become very sarcastic. Now his vision of changing the world with his technology is fading. A few years ago his goal in life became to just win over Cha Hyun Seok.

Finally, while he was on a business trip in Spain, he was contacted by a no-name programmer about an extremely valuable AR game that is more than enough to squash Cha Hyun-seok. He was super excited and went to Granada right away. But at the Bonita hostel, he did not meet the person he was supposed to meet and his room was an unbearably dirty room. The owner, Hee-joo shamelessly gave him that room for money.

PARK SUN HO (male, 43)
J. One holdings executive and Jin-woo’s coworker.

A fair, calm, and warm person. He is Jin-woo and Hyun-seok’s college sunbae. After they made the company, he joined and helped run it.

With his calm and rational characteristics, he handled any trouble Jin-woo and Hyung-seok, got into and grew the company. But when the company split because of Hyung-seok’s coup, he stayed with Jin-woo.

SEO JUNG HOON (male, 33)
Jin-woo’s secretary

A bright, happy, and cool character. He does not care about Jin-woo’s anger or changing mind. He just goes on at his own pace and “My way” style.

He is the only one that Jin-woo is relaxed with and speaks his true mind to. He is his old sidekick. He likes drinking, people, and even though he is in an IT company, he likes analog and does not know that much about technology.

He sticks with Jin-woo until the end and helps him.

CHA YANG JOO (male, 35)
J. One holdings R&D development center head. PhD in engineering

A typical geek, he specializes in computer games and spends all his time in front of the computer. He leads the project to publish Se-joo’s A/R game and knows every detail about the game; he is Jin-woo’s brain in this regard.

He is naive and honest for everything except computers and falls in love with game characters all the time.

CHARACTER DESCRIPTION: HEE-JOO AND BONITA HOSTEL PEOPLE

https://www.dramamilk.com/character-description-hee-joo-and-bonita-hostel-people/

Bonita-Hostel-Character-Descriptions-.jpg

JUNG HEE JOO (female, 27)
Bonita Hostel owner in Granada, Spain

She dreamed of becoming a world class classical guitarist and came to Granada to study. But with her parents sudden death, she became the bread winner of the family. She is running a cheap hostel, a Korean restaurant, is a tour guide, and a translator to make money. However, she still has lingering passion toward her guitar and is learning how to make guitars in a studio. Her dream is to open a guitar studio in Korea.

All of a sudden, her vague dream became reality like magic with Jin-woo’s sudden appearance. Hee-joo does not know about how the world works, she really thanks Jin-woo for his good “heart” that rescued her youth. She is not good at calculating and only has sensitive emotions as an artist. She has passion toward what she likes, but that passion directed itself to Jin-woo and messed up her life.

The song Memories of Alhambra is meaningful to her because she received an award after playing it and it is the reason she came to Granada. 

OH YOUNG SHIM (female, 75)
Hee-joo’s halmoni on fathers side

She came to Granada to take care of her grandkids for just a little while, but her son and daughter-in-law died suddenly, so she had to raise her grandchildren in the foreign country of Spain. She does not speak any Spanish, but can do things in a forceful strong grandmother way to raise her grandkids.

With their only possession as their super old hostel, they struggle to make a living. One day all of a sudden, maybe by luck, a handsome guest that came early in the morning offered them a lot of money. It is more money than she can imagine in her 75 years of life.

JUNG SE JOO (male, 18)
Programmer & little brother to Hee-joo

He lives in his own world and is a reclusive genius. He came to Spain when he was eight and failed to adapt to Spain. Then he lost his parents suddenly so he became addicted into the gaming world and closed off his heart. He does not have good social skills and has difficulty conversing with anyone for a long time.

Just because he wanted to get a new laptop, he broke the window of a store and tried to steal it, but he got caught by the police. Ever since that incident, he was a trouble maker. But no one in the family knows that Se-joo has the dream of giving a lot of money to his family members with his gaming program.

He developed a very advanced A/R game all by himself. It is difficult to believe that he did it all on his own. The story starts with him disappearing on a train to Granada.

JUNG MIN JOO (female, 14)
Hee-joo’s younger sister

She is a middle school student with the dream of becoming a member of a girl group so she only thinks about entertainers all day. She is not like her eunnie who thinks a lot and is timid, or like her oppa who does not have any social skills; she is a cool, simple, and straightforward person.

She kind of likes Jin-woo because he has a similar vibe to her. She decides to become cupid between Jin-woo and Hee-joo.

KIM SANG BEOM (male, 30)
Classical guitar Ruseie(?), Hee-joo’s male friend

He is a student learning how to make guitars with Hee-joo in Granada. He has finished all his studies so he can go back to Korea but He has lingering attachment to Hee-joo so he hesitates going back to Korea. But all of a sudden Jin-woo shows up in front of Hee-joo.

Jin-woo bothered Sang-beom from the beginning so what he felt became true. He only has eyes for Hee-joo, though he pretends like he does not

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS: THE ANTAGONISTS

credits: https://www.dramamilk.com/character-descriptions-the-antagonists/

Antagonists-Memories-of-Alhambra-Drama-Milk.jpg

All the people that used to be important to Jin-hyeok but are not only in Hyun-seok’s life in Memories of Alhambra

CHA HYUN SEOK (male, 39)
CEO of I.T. company New World, Ph.D. Engineering

Jin Woo’s friend and co-founder of Jin-woo’s company. He is passionate, has high vision, and can’t lose. He has high levels of pride and is very similar to Jin-woo. That is why there were best friends ever since college. But as the company grew, they were more and more against each other because of their similarities.

Finally, after company infighting, Hyun-seok lost to Jin-woo and left the company. He made his own company and, during that time, seduced Jin-woo’s wife. She was suffering from depression, however, some people already knew that Hyung-seok had feelings for Jin-woo’s wife, Soo-jin, ever since college. But we don’t know if his marriage to Soo-jin was his late realization of love or his twisted revenge to Jin-woo.

After divorcing, Jin-woo realized that his wife was already betraying him with his best friend. That is when Hyung-seok and Jin-woo’s relationship crossed a river to no return. Now, three years later, they meet and compete against each other with this A/R game.

LEE SOO JIN (female, 36)
Jin-woo’s ex wife, Hyung-seok’s current wife, and a pediatrician

She is clean, calm, smart, and beautiful. She got married because she liked Jin-woo’s rough and tumble charm. 

However, maybe being too comfortable and trusting became a problem. They became too busy so their relationship grew cold and with Jin-woo’s super fast success sent Soo-jin into depression.

In the end, she divorced Jin-woo and married Hyung-seok. After that, the relationship between the three friend became irreversible.

CHA BYUNG JOON (male, 68)
Korea University Economics Head, Hyung-seok’s father

He grew up in a rich family and is a well respected and successful educator. His son, Hyung-seok, and his son’s friend, Jin-woo, tried to open a company without any money and asked him for an investment. He saw their future so he lent them seeding money. He owns a large share of J. One Holdings and is chair of the board.

He is authoritative and cold. When his son Hyung-seok started a coup against Jin-woo, he was on Jin-woo’s side, not his son’s. He is also cold toward his daughter-in-law who made Jin-woo and Hyung-seok separate. Because of that, the relationship he has with his son is not so good.

LEE SOO KYUNG (female, 32)
Soo-jin’s sister, florist

Before the divorce, she was the sister-in-law of Jin-woo and had a good relationship with him. When her eunnie fainted in Granada, she contacted Jin-woo and relied on him. She is a bridge between Soo-jin and Jin-woo.

CHARACTER DESCRIPTIONS: THE EXTRA’S

credits: https://www.dramamilk.com/character-descriptions-the-extras/

Memories of Alhambra Character Translations

GO YURA (female, 33)
Jin-woo’s second wife who is undergoing a divorce with him.

She is an ex girl group member and an alcoholic. She is a beautiful woman, but she is also showy, unstable, and spontaneous. She saw that Jin-woo was going through a tough period after his divorce when she met him at a party on accident. They had an instant spark and got married.

However, they did not share anything in common from the beginning so the marriage ended spontaneously. Their one year of married life was steady conflict.

NO YOUNG JOON (male, 45)
Yura’s manager

A stereotypical thug. He was Yura’s boyfriend once upon a time ago. When Yura’s marriage started to mess up, he showed back up in front of her again and tried to convince her to sue Jin-woo for a lot of money.

MARCO HAN (male, 22)
Programmer, Hacker

A student in Barcelona who became friends with Sejoo while online gaming.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

This story is visually exciting, engaging, and tantalizing.  I love the story line, it very different from many other K-dramas I have watched  It is a step up with the on location filming.  This drama is appealing on many levels.  It appeals to  gamers, those who love thrillers, mysteries, and action dramas and of course millennials.   

• Like 5

4 hours ago, akiera said:

yup, but the BTS showed him falling down with the wires and also Hee ju going downstairs to check him so...

Ooo. I didnt see that bts clip. So he really did fall. Luckily he bought that house, if not HJ would have even a harder time selling it heh :sweatingbullets::lol:

Anyways, looking forward to ep 5! I'll stop thinking of the plot for now and just follow the flow. My logical brain can't compute his survival from the fall yet. I'll let the drama unravel it for me hahahaha

• Like 3
  • LOL 4

G'morning so good to read comments here that want unleash our inner nerds :D

@frozentundra wow ur theory of a cunning Emma is interesting as it is the total opposite of HJ. I mean with her mysterious veil wearing persona versus the naive, very trusting sister that will be fun to watch.

@rori0711 yep romance is subtly starting with HJ that even JW noticed it and the trouble it can bring :wub:

• Like 7

11 hours ago, katakwasabi said:

It seems to me that JW's ex wife did love her husband CHS. I find her outburst towards JW interesting. As if there's another side/layer of JW that is not shown yet. JW is divorced 2 times and he's not shy to admit it. There must be something wrong somewhere for both his marriage to turn bad.

Yeah I find her outburst seemed to suggest that she ended her relationship quite badly with YJW.    I cannot guess what happened between YJW and his first wife but from his perspective, his good friend and ex-wife, betrayed him.   As for the second wife's divorce, the second wife apparently was after his money.  Shortly after marriage she demanded for half of his property...so that set him for a second divorce.   I think the main problem YJW has is he is not very good and sharp in choosing his woman....  loll   He needs a sweet, innocent and naive type like JHJ who works hard for her life and not those women who are more exposed to worldly desires with higher expectations.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, rori0711 said:

YOO JIN WOO (Male, 39)
J. One holdings Investment company CEO and Ph.D in engineering

:mellow:, but why? He could have easily passed off as a 30-year-old or at least a 35-year-old. Well, its all for the character believability so no qualms. But the actor is looking so young and the leads have interesting dynamics. If they take it little slow, romance won't be unbelievable. 

She has passion toward what she likes, but that passion directed itself to Jin-woo and messed up her life.

Uh, oh:mellow:

He is also cold toward his daughter-in-law who made Jin-woo and Hyung-seok separate.

He talked angrily about some women during his phone call with Jin-Woo that she must be calculating her assets by now. Did he mean Soo-jin? 

She decides to become cupid between Jin-woo and Hee-joo.

Oh girl, your good deeds won't go unrewarded.:)

• Like 5

@akiera I think the prof is referring to another woman as he answer JW question .. i wonder who that is and it seems connected with JW.

I guess there is deeper connection between JW and prof possibly prodigy/mentor relationship? 

Re JW divorce yes 1st wife might have felt neglected by JW thus agree to be "saved" by the bestfriend. I mean, JW might have been busy with the corp and his husband quality meter dropped big time making him careless in choosing the 2nd wife. But i think he knows it now thats why he's aware in the warning bells:)

• Like 6

1 hour ago, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Yeah I find her outburst seemed to suggest that she ended her relationship quite badly with YJW.    I cannot guess what happened between YJW and his first wife but from his perspective, his good friend and ex-wife, betrayed him.   As for the second wife's divorce, the second wife apparently was after his money.  Shortly after marriage she demanded for half of his property...so that set him for a second divorce.   I think the main problem YJW has is he is not very good and sharp in choosing his woman....  loll   He needs a sweet, innocent and naive type like JHJ who works hard for her life and not those women who are more exposed to worldly desires with higher expectations.

First things first: do you play pokemon? I see your pic is a spinda hahahaha

Returning to JW's ex-wives...i dont know much about them to suggest that JW does not have good eyes in choosing women or it was wrong for the women to choose him. I have yet to notice his second wife. Has she appeared in the drama yet? :sweatingbullets:

Either way, JW seems happy with his life now albeit being very obsessed with a beta virtual reality game that for unknown reasons lead to its player to die in real life too.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, katakwasabi said:

First things first: do you play pokemon? I see your pic is a spinda hahahaha

Returning to JW's ex-wives...i dont know much about them to suggest that JW does not have good eyes in choosing women or it was wrong for the women to choose him. I have yet to notice his second wife. Has she appeared in the drama yet? :sweatingbullets:

Either way, JW seems happy with his life now albeit being very obsessed with a beta virtual reality game that for unknown reasons lead to its player to die in real life too.

Actually no...loll... I only know Spinda because I am like Spinda...forever dizzy.... :lol:

It's just my gut feel only.   His first wife seemed so afraid to meet him, I think she cannot help feeling the guilt of marrying his good friend. She mentioned that both of them(her new husband and her) are not exactly living happily everyday because of YJW.    I think it is very awkward to divorce one friend and marry another, if three have been good friends.  But I guess if the story backtracks and shows us how the 3 of them get to where they are today, then it's easier to comprehend, there could be a very good reason or no special reason at all, just YJW was not spending enough time with his ex-wife.   As for the second wife, I doubt there is a character for her (edit to update: i just saw a picture of the second wife under the extras, so she has a role).  Think her existence is just to show that he has 2 failed marriages, to put his "character" in more suspicion that he is not an easy person to deal with?   But personally from my own perception of YJW so far, I would like to think that he has chosen the wrong spouses...  :)  ..cos he seems like a focused person who is passionate about his work but not exactly a mean or unlikable person....possibly a shrewd businessman but still not a person of poor character.  In other words, he is still charming....lolll

• Like 5