[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

1 hour ago, stroppyse said:

Insta caption for this clip:

This has been posted to keep you all fascinated and watching..

Captions within the clip:

(An earnest handling) (me: meaning that she’s earnestly touching him)
Couldn’t you just give me 3 minutes?

@stargazer187, I was planning on watching this with everyone, but am swamped by real life. Sorry, I'm not around as much right now. I take it that you like this drama? :D

thanks @stroppyse 

sorry to butt in but we all in here are liking and going nuts over this crazy mysterious show called Memories of the Alhambra :crazy::D Aren't we @stargazer187 ?;)

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

5 hours ago, packmule3 said:

Spoiler

A lot of the viewers aren’t gamers so weaving the gaming world with “local” Spanish history and adding a distinct old-world charm to a new-age-y/techie kind of kdrama would be a win-win for all.  :D

Yes, I wouldn’t mind if they film the whole thing in Spain. The director really made Granada look dreamy so much so that returning to Seoul would be like waking up to harsh reality.

Thanks for that bit on info on W. I didn’t finish W but I’d love to read about the similarities between this kdrama and her previous one and see the growth in this writer’s concept on time and reality manipulation. 

Spoiler

I’d love to see Granada. I had this mad impulse to look for tickets for my family of 4 plus sons’ GFs but no luck during this holiday season. Sleeping in pensions is a must for youth but my decrepit bones (not to mention my husband, lol) won’t forgive me if we’ve to climb 6 flights of stairs -- with luggage -- like JW did.

And now,  here’s my (futile) attempt on analyzing JinWoo’s character from a gamer’s point of view because a lot of us viewers aren’t gamers (not enough hours in a day to be both a kdrama AND gaming addict). Is JW’s personality consistent with a gamer? I think yes.

Here’s the link to my blog:  

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/12/memories-of-the-alhambra-eps-3-and-4-from-a-gamers-mindset/

Spoiler

And here’s an excerpt:

JW: What the…(smiles at ladies passing by) You prick, this isn’t like those games you play sitting on your couch. Try playing it and see how hard it is. Since I got here, I haven’t had a good night’s sleep. I’ve only eaten ramyun and I’ve died 45 times. How many more times should I die?

Understanding the gamer’s mindset: It may appear as if he’s whining, but in fact he’s humble-bragging. He’s proud of his dedication to complete a challenging task despite the extended duration. He’s single-minded in his focus to level up quickly and is prepared to forego sleep and a decent meal in order to test the software for defects and malfunctions.

And notice this: he isn’t complaining about the STRESS. If he hated this part of the job, that is, software testing, he could’ve delegated it to someone else and retired to his lodgings. But he’s invigorated or pumped up each time he discovers a new trick to the game and levels up.

Like most gamers, it isn’t at all stressful to work long and hard on an obstacle in a given level because they’re passionate about what they do.

We see a similar passion in the way JW flits from one “quest” to another. Ever since Episode 1, it’s been a constant stream of activity for him and he’s like an Energizer Bunny. Except for the times when he sat to listen to the guitar or waited for HeeJoo to come out of the restroom in Episode 3, he’s always been on the go. That’s why he missed breakfast at Hostal Bonita, the churros in Alcazaba Café, and the dinner plans with HeeJoo. Although his explicit goal is to get control of the game and market it before his archrival does, his implicit goal is to thwart Cha in anything he does. He keeps on grinding away until he achieves his goal.

source: http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2018/12/12/memories-of-the-alhambra-eps-3-and-4-from-a-gamers-mindset/

I'm positive to learn too the similarities and comparison between W and ongoing MoA by the SJJ. I managed to catch only the first few episodes. Maybe you can share your thoughts with a spoiler tag. I see our @Indri Puspitasari here is not a fan ;)

@packmule3  Great Jinwoo exposition right there. SJJ has a firm grip of her hero's characterization and Hyun Bin had a blast of translating it onscreen :w00t: :wub:

The exchange was gold and one of my favorites in Ep3. I wish I can diss my boss sometimes in that manner too :lol: 

That terse convo...how much more after the whole show? How awesome and flawed Jinwoo's persona will get?

I like it that you've touched practical truth that is applicable be it in work or in life as general. Having Jinwoo's gamer mindset is not at all bad :D  

Agreed that Jinwoo considers Heejoo as ally so far. He asked her to be a translator for a fee, a mutual benefit, prevailing over Heejoo's gallant offering as a friend. Their disparity in behavior is as clear as daylight :lol: It's a long run for both to come into terms and compromise their feelings.

P.S. wonder why my comment didn't show in your blog.

Looking forward to your Heejoo introspection.

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Haha, yes @rori0711 and waiting for weekend is pretty longer than ever. Bless those who busy with work and can watch this while it's complete later. Well, in my case. I'm not that busy for now and it's almost end year. I have lots free time than before to watch more dramas. 

:thumbsup: Good for you.  Office work for me is quite demanding due to holidays & closing year :crazy: 

It's fun to read MoA theories and opinions here and there. We always get questions but never an answer. What a clever SJJ :D 

• Like 3

13 hours ago, packmule3 said:

. Is JW’s personality consistent with a gamer? I think yes.

Yes I agree....you see the glee in his face when he plays the game...it makes me wanna play the game though I am nowhere near to be claimed an avid gamer.   I actually dislike living a virtual life and I still do not like it but this drama has opened new insights for me for the game of tomorrow which is actually potentially dangerous for us to lose ourselves between reality and the virtual world.  So this drama really incites my hunger for more knowledge of the gaming world....it's fascinating and at the same time a risky reality that is coming at us.:w00t:

• Like 5

I re-watched the trailer again looking for some clues.. All scenes have been shown except for this..

HJ is crying while running and trying to catch-up with the moving train..

Is this some-kind of goodbye between HJ and JW?

qE8xSae.gif

mUm5X9b.gif

• Like 3

2 hours ago, pattsue said:

I re-watched the trailer again looking for some clues.. All scenes have been shown except for this..

HJ is crying while running and trying to catch-up with the moving train..

Is this some-kind of goodbye between HJ and JW?

Oh I think I am the only one who think this way.May be jin woo is on the train and hee joo running after that train to say good bye.And in trailer narration hee joo said he brings magic in her life but he suddenly disappear.Can it be they never meet again and time jump happen.Did Jin woo trap in game for one year?It can't be possible .Right?i have no idea.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Raquel Bastian said:

and I also think someone is playing the game other than jin woo and his friend(who stole his wife) because who would call HJ on her phone?, i think the phone call was a warning to help JW. 

Yes, I too think there is a 3rd person lurking around in the game who has to explain for the disappearance of Se-Joo and the resurrection of Cha in the game repeatedly.    This is probably the most difficult person to deal with.....stealth mode.

• Like 4

On 12/12/2018 at 10:54 PM, Raquel Bastian said:

and I also think someone is playing the game other than jin woo and his friend(who stole his wife) because who would call HJ on her phone?, i think the phone call was a warning to help JW. 

On 12/11/2018 at 10:55 AM, kilumar said:

Oh ,what? Do you really think hee joo is died?nooooo sob sob :tears:.I will never think that way.But i hope the writer will not make it happen. Anyone notice that in ep 3 where the arrow shoot at jw.Before that they showed one of the security guard check jw office with flesh light in his hand.After that scene jw game is stop for temporary.Why it stop?I mean he play many time and never happen before.Am i right?  Can be possible that someone is break in office and hack the game or the AR game is wrong itself and make CEO cha zoombi:sweatingbullets:

BY THE WAY,I want our otp love story so badly:wub:

On 12/11/2018 at 11:35 AM, lduc said:

[Showbiz Korea] Hyun Bin & Park Shinhye (현빈 & 박신혜)! Memories of the Alhambra is perfect for you

On 12/12/2018 at 2:32 AM, siddy09 said:

bold

I guess you have to be really 'dead' as in defeated and killed in the game to be declared dead in the real world. JW had wounds but not like fatal wounds. JW literally gashed the sword in Dr.Cha's abdomen(it was a gory sight), who would have not survived? About falling from 6th floor and surviving, I think it depends on the fact that JW did receive medical assistance on time(we saw the ambulance scene) whereas Dr.Cha was left to bleed on bench till morning. But then I am thinking that Dr.Cha's wounds were not visible, so what would have the doctors treated?

Maybe I should also not think much..:mellow:

On 12/13/2018 at 2:18 AM, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Yes, I too think there is a 3rd person lurking around in the game who has to explain for the disappearance of Se-Joo and the resurrection of Cha in the game repeatedly.    This is probably the most difficult person to deal with.....stealth mode.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:18 AM, lovehbhjw2013 said:

Edited by stroppyse
Please remove images/videos from quotes. Thanks.
  • Like 4

I think, the guy who called HJ on the phone was JW programmer in Korea, the last person he was talking to before he had his encounter again with dr cha where he dropped his phone when he was hit. It’s the last scene on ep 4 in his room in hotel Bonita. Maybe, his employee got scared Of what was going on with JW when he sounded upset on the other end so he contacted hotel Bonita for them to check on him as we can see HJ picked up the call, and started to climb the stairs and wondered if JW would still be up at that hour and then he saw him fell from the 6th floor.

4 hours ago, kilumar said:

Oh I think I am the only one who think this way.May be jin woo is on the train and hee joo running after that train to say good bye.And in trailer narration hee joo said he brings magic in her life but he suddenly disappear.Can it be they never meet again and time jump happen.Did Jin woo trap in game for one year?It can't be possible .Right?i have no idea.

• Like 6

It could be HJ was running after JW or for her brother SJ whom she was expecting to come home since the other day. She knew he was boarding the train from Barcelona to Granada. Could be she finally realized through JW that something wrong happened to her brother so she was there to check for him at the station. It’s just my guess.  You may be right that JW got trapped in the game and was separated from reality and from  HJ temporarily and that he was  with HJ’s VR character Emma and they embarked in series of adventure until they came out of the game mode.  I think , this is where their romance started as Shin Hye said she’d be playing a different role this time.  Could  it be JW thought he fell in love with Emma rather than with HJ? I can imagine Emma playing an important role as to JW’s survival in the VR as the OST suggests. If my guess is right, Isn’t he a lucky guy? He got the  best of both worlds for in reality later he will realize that HJ is actually his lifeline,  to heal him emotionally and to free him from the world of hatred, vengeance and loneliness much destructive than the world of VR he’d been in. Forgive me, it’s just my wild guess.

18 minutes ago, Tessie Afdo said:

It could be HJ was running after JW or for her brother SJ whom she was expecting to come home since the other day. She knew he was boarding the train from Barcelona to Granada. Could be she finally realized through JW that something wrong happened to her brother so she was there to check for him at the station. It’s just my guess.  You may be right that JW got trapped in the game and was separated from reality and from  HJ temporarily and that he was  with HJ’s VR character Emma and they embarked in series of adventure until they came out of the game mode.  I think , this is where their romance started as Shin Hye said she’d be playing a different role this time.  Could  it be JW thought he fell in love with Emma rather than with HJ? I can imagine Emma playing an important role as to JW’s survival in the VR as the OST suggests. If my guess is right, Isn’t he a lucky guy? He got the  best of both worlds for in reality later he will realize that HJ is actually his lifeline,  to heal him emotionally and to free him from the world of hatred, vengeance and loneliness much destructive than the world of VR he’d been in. Forgive me, it’s just my wild guess.

I think their VR adventures took them outside Spain as like in Hungary, etc. as based on Hyun Bin and Shin Hye’s still cuts while filming in Hungary with  Hyun Bin wearing the same green outfit he was wearing on the train. I think that gives account to the one year that they were trapped in the game. I believe they got out of the game because they continued  filming in Korea. Sorry, I know it’s too early to guess what’s going to happen on the next episodes. Just could not  contain my excitement.

• Like 4