[Drama 2018-2019] Memories of the Alhambra | Recuerdos de la Alhambra, 알함브라 궁전의 추억

Admin

Guest wdsayang

If there is any season 2, better they change the writer. I want hj and jw being a badass couple. I desprately want to see SH in action alongside with HB. They enter the new game world and kill all the mosters.

33 minutes ago, imels said:

I suggest you chingu to finish last episode with subs. You will see from different perspective, from HJ and SJ sights. They believe that they an bring JW back. But too bad that SJJ and PD do not have faith like those siblings. If the writer and PD stay in the same boat there will be episode 17 & 18 :joy: !

SJ said only master can hide himself in an instance dungeon, so that start when Marco shot him in the train. He hid himself in instance dungeon in Granada Station! JW as the new master also hid in instance dungeon, so nobody can see him unless they are log in into the game. Btw the name of the game is NEXT.

23 minutes ago, haha1999 said:

Yup, need a new player to reach master level to get JW out! Who then? Think hard..... Writer-nim!!

Yes, it’s an open ending but a hopeful one.

The drama is about the power of trust and believing in another person.  Jinwoo is in an instant dungeon that he himself as the master created.  It comes down the importance of that one person who believes in him despite all odds - Hee Joo.  Although she may not appear to play a significant role in the story, she is the key to Jinwoo’s resurrection.  At least it is hinted that she will be.  She never lost hope in finding him someday.  Now that she has logged back and will see him at the plaza, Hee Joo will not give up at bringing him back.

It’s pretty much hinted that her trust and love will be Jinwoo’s savior.  The magic is her love. Maybe she herself will master up :lol: 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

This is a post production drama, they filmed it for 7 months and they give us this open ending with A LOT OF FLASHBACK AND NOT NECESSARY SCENE about ex wives.

So everyone who involved in this drama already knows this shitty ending far before we watch this drama right?

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, Ahmad Kamil said:

No improvement from her W. Hence, not looking forward to this writer's work anymore, except if it received pretty good reviews from various sources after it have ended. That's all my review for this drama.

Yeah me too, i love watching drama when it still airing.

Maybe if the writer have another good review for her drama, i will watch this writer’s work after it complete.

• Like 4

After breathing in and out

After a huge mug of coffee (I must admit, Kanu felt like a good idea, latte with extra shots, btw we don't have it on this side of the world :sweatingbullets:)

After a few expletive comments to the husband and threats of not watching another kdrama

I decided to watch the subbed version. Hehe

I must say that it wasn't as bleak as it was the first time around (at least for me). FYI I have only started watching kdrama last September. I have never seen HB/PSH before (i am definitely a fan now).  I didn't have any expectation prior to 'accidentally' boarding the MotA train, thus, my only painful experience was the last few minutes of the finale.  

Overall, I have to say that I enjoyed the journey, especially while silently reading this thread (you guys really cracked me up ESPECIALLY during some obvious pervmode).  Thank you, everyone.  I hope to hear and agree in silence of more positive insights from this thread.

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

9 minutes ago, Celi67 said:

I think the writer change the ending last minute because HB and PSH had an interview before or while the drama was in the beginning that it will have a happy ending and the romance is what the audience want to see . But during the last day of shooting when PSH has v live it’s like a bittersweet so I presume the writer had changed. And PSH never post anything about this maybe she doesn’t to disappoint her fans. She normally post in her insta about her drama. 

I totally agree with you as it's not like her to post something on her IG to encourage fans and viewers to watch the finale ep. She wasnt that happy in the vlive chat too. 

I dont want a season 2, SJJ killed it and she'll make it worse for season 2. I still dont understand why the game was launched, after so many deaths and JW sacrifice why? and why hail the creator a hero? It doesnt make sense. This game is not healthy even if the bug is gone. Is SJJ saying that this is the nature of the real world - profits above all. What sort of message is that.  :rage:

I dont care, this is my ending of MOA. Thank you to the fans for creating this. :heart:

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

just finished the series! i was eagerly looking for the explanation for the glitch in the game. it was very superficially explained as a bug! would have preferred the current CEO master minding it. i was actually shocked to see him login 145th time. i didnt know he was also logging into the game! but that was not explained. i would have really preferred human element creating that bug. it would have been even more interesting. 

a bug would have allowed to log in without even smart lens! i wonder! cant expect logic in such stories.

coming to the open ending, i think i kind of expected it. First after so many killings, it will look funny to have heroine running to her hero and both living happily ever after. Jin woo really has become a tired hero after the repeated killing. One year of killing even game villains will take the toll. as it isnot evn happening inside the screen. it wouldnt have suited for jin woo to settle into mundane married life. 

Open ending gives me a hope too! like how jin woo went on a quest and save se joo, i really want Hye joong to go on quest now. PSH was completely wasted in this damsel in distress role. i think she has grown a lot more to play such docile chr. 

After doctors, i was hoping to see her kickass in this game show. hoping to see a second season where she will be badass inside the game and finally getting a proper romance too! 

But that would happen if we get a season. but will we???

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

Just finished ep 16 with sub

Well, Hmm..... no comment! (You guys said it well) :mellow:

But let's talk about Season 2 :D, I'm imagining:

After few years, few years later ....Zinu returns, he will be an old a Harabuji, a retired NPC, his level is now a Grand Master and he will be brokenhearted because he's way too late that HeJoo already married to Kim Sam Beom.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • LOL 6

1 minute ago, kokkuri33 said:

What happened to Marco? Wasn't his game character a bug that was never deleted?

I was wondering about him too, but I remembered that Seju said he got out now cuz JW completed the quest, so he prolly disappeared then, otherwise, he would've appeared again when they opened the server, or the writer and director are stupid again and left it out :))))

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

After watching with eng sub, I'm somewat relaxed. 

From my understanding JW was hidden in dungeon for past one year which was created by SJ.. And HJ still believes he will come back. 

So JW is still alive in real and helping other users, and other users can see him, how is that possible? 

If that was the case why didn't SJ not seen by JW at the Granada train station? Is it something like in control with master , like if the master wants others to see them, then others can see or they can't see? 

Confused!!! 

So now JW is still in the game world as a real person. And someone has to level up to release him from that. But that will take a long time,as in the conversation from HJ and 2 guys in cafe they told for now the highest level is 25...

So I will take it as not a really sad ending. But writer could have made it much better.. Far better actually!! If only there were sweet scenes between JW HJ.. If only 

My heart aches thinking that dress room kiss was there last kiss and after the kiss how JW eyes looked sad. I can't forget that! 

How JW holded HJ hand tightly for one last time, convinced her to go home with that painful smile. I can't forget that whole scene. So heartbreaking! 

JW staring at HJ house. I can't!  So much heartbreaking. Why he has to suffer so much? Just why?  

I am sure disappointed about the ending. But when I look back I am fully immersed with JW and HJ.. I can feel there pain. I'm just thankful that such character exists. There love is real! One thing I'll take from these two is TRUST. I have learnt to trust my other half whatever the situation is and how HJ did. Very rare to find such love.. :bawling:

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, suejee2014 said:

just finished the series! i was eagerly looking for the explanation for the glitch in the game. it was very superficially explained as a bug! would have preferred the current CEO master minding it. i was actually shocked to see him login 145th time. i didnt know he was also logging into the game! but that was not explained. i would have really preferred human element creating that bug. it would have been even more interesting. 

a bug would have allowed to log in without even smart lens! i wonder! cant expect logic in such stories.

coming to the open ending, i think i kind of expected it. First after so many killings, it will look funny to have heroine running to her hero and both living happily ever after. Jin woo really has become a tired hero after the repeated killing. One year of killing even game villains will take the toll. as it isnot evn happening inside the screen. it wouldnt have suited for jin woo to settle into mundane married life. 

Open ending gives me a hope too! like how jin woo went on a quest and save se joo, i really want Hye joong to go on quest now. PSH was completely wasted in this damsel in distress role. i think she has grown a lot more to play such docile chr. 

After doctors, i was hoping to see her kickass in this game show. hoping to see a second season where she will be badass inside the game and finally getting a proper romance too! 

But that would happen if we get a season. but will we???

I don’t think he’s trapped in the instance dungeon. I think he’s traumatized and created it to protect himself against all his enemies in both the game world and the real world. But since it’s a year later, all the real world problems are solved now, and he has been seen shooting NPCs, I think he just needs the courage to come back to the real world again. PSH will login, find him, and convince him to come back, just like when her brother came back when the quest was completed and Marco disappeared as a threat. He just needs to be reassured.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ash011 said:

I am sure disappointed about the ending. But when I look back I am fully immersed with JW and HJ.. I can feel there pain. I'm just thankful that such character exists. There love is real! One thing I'll take from these two is TRUST. I have learnt to trust my other half whatever the situation is and how HJ did. Very rare to find such love.. :bawling:

couldn't have said it better myself, completely agree

• Like 5

Just finished watching with subs. I actually had a smile on my face. I know it was an open ending and I will email to Netflix for the hanging-in-the-air ending but that said, it was a whimsical and as someone said, a poetic end to HJ-JW at least. Yes, they hardly met in the last two episodes(they didn't even meet), but I guess their love was always this 'Magical', almost spell-binding, they are together yet they trick us that we aren't. Hence, I can understand why the writer chose not show a hug, but ended up putting a specific message in the end, reading(Netflix version), trust is the magic that changes the world, not technology. Till the very end, it was HeeJu's magical trust in Jin Woo that surpassed magical technology. 

The majority of the episode had HJ waiting for her love to return because she decided to ''trust 'his words more than Director's, yet, their meeting happened and also didn't happen. They met and also they didn't meet. Now you see me, now you don't. Magic is simply a trick to the audiences eyes, you can chose to believe it or you don't. I think the writer took the word "magic' way more seriously than she should have and at least for the sake of our weak hearts and romance hungry viewers, she could have shown a hug. It didn't have to be so specifically 'magical' as it turned out to be. I am not satisfied, but, it is not a tragedy. There are far worse tragedies that I have seen and read. At least his physical body is somewhere in game limbo.

If there was an episode 17, I think HeeJu and Jin Woo both would have settled in that 'instance dungeon' or whatever, peacefully and never come out of there(I didn't even understand the concept of instance dungeon), but whatever it is. At least it is a dungeon and no one can enter it. :D Since he is the new master and unlike SeJu who used the dungeon to hide, he will probably use it to keep peace in the game and help the underdogs. I doubt that any one in a loong time can reach level 100, so Zinu shall be there for quite some time. Like I have said before, it will be weird ending; it is weirder than weird. 

Hyun Bin deserves every award this year for his performance. Period. 

For all it's mind-bending complexities, theories, fun, laughter, hate, criticism; Memories of Alhambra is still an unforgettable ride. I soo had wished that they would have shown at least one more scene of Alhambra but I guess, they ran out of money. 

And alas! It ended. It feels only yesterday when I started watching this show. I think I have also settled in instance dungeon. Time and space don't matter anymore. Am I crying? Or I am not? Hehe..:)

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

God I cant. 

This writer.

I WANTED A HAPPY ENDING FOR JIN WOO

IN HEE JU's ARMS NONE THE LESS

I mean she gave a happy ending in W: the Two worlds and the guy wasnt even real there.

Come on, a glory shot of them meeting would have eased me.

Frankly, what really got to me is the towards the end, JW only had the tremendous urge to live,but still chose be sacrificing and did everything alone. Is that good or bad, not sure, but it does make for a brooding drama hero.

When Emma stabbed him, I was stunned. My guess ; PSH said yes just for that one scene, she looked scary stabbing him.

Anyway I am going to create my fan fic of how Hee Joo realizes JW is alive and all planning to level up till 100 and get him out. 

Genius Bro, its time to use that brain and get your savior back.

*I love this drama's attention to details. They had See Ju come back in Granada and not in Korea which thankfully makes sense* 

If ultimate sacrifice is always the answer to solve everything then there wont be any meaning for existing. 

Frankly, I never thought I will say this but I will take the ending to queen In Hyun's man anytime to MoA. 

Gripe over.

It will be a while to let this go.

Time to go back and stare at the dimple shot. 

Edited by classyviews
  • Like 9

Really disappointed..... I wait nearly a year to see MOA and have patience to watch every ep.   I cannot accept such finale... this writer does not deserve to have HB and PSH as the main lead, it is totally waste of their talent, our time and expectation.  Yes, HB and PSH pls have another romance drama....

• Like 4