[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

On 8/27/2018 at 9:58 PM, fans123 said:

## the only thing I dislike or seem doesn't make sense in this drama is. How can Wj not having any girlfriends? Hello writer???? Or is it because she didn't have any friends to express her depression hence the temper? 

I can understand WJ in this situation because after I was married and had 2 children, the children and my husband and family along with working a full time job became my priority.  My friends sort of went by the wayside.  My husband still maintained his friends but I was always busy trying to be a good wife and mother and had very little time to have a hobby or even think about friends.  Even if I had someone to confide in, I am not sure I would have vented to them regarding my personal life.  

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

I can understand WJ in this situation because after I was married and had 2 children, the children and my husband and family along with working a full time job became my priority.  My friends sort of went by the wayside.  My husband still maintained his friends but I was always busy trying to be a good wife and mother and had very little time to have a hobby or even think about friends.  Even if I had someone to confide in, I am not sure I would have vented to them regarding my personal life.  

Hey @Pam_Van Fossen chingu good to see you here :D. We are not alone.  It takes a person to went through that to understand the kinda situation. I'm sure you and I too have friends before married.

I used to be someone that complain how a wife shouldn't act such as such as a wife when I was young until I went through that hell hole, later when I think back what I said,  I  kinda suck back the richard simmons that I spilled lol.

But the writer wrote Wj as a lone ranger since she was young and single, Its really ridiculous right?

Well that part really woke me! Okay she is not real, haha:lol:

OK, I think we should number timelines to discuss more easily and avoid misunderstanding :lol:

1. Timeline 1 (TL1): JH and WJ got married and they had two kids.
  2. Timeline 2 (TL2): JH and HW got married, WJ was still single. 
  3. Timeline 3 (TL3): JH and WJ are still single.
7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

I find it strange though that WJ was having those dreams of her life in the previous timeline. I think given more time she would have eventually remembered.

Yes, it's strange. But it seems like the only possible way for her to remember her life in TL1 because obviously, she didn't travel from TL1 to TL 2 while only time-travellers have the memories of the previous timelines. In addition, she always felt familiar with him from the first time they'd met, how he knew her so well and how strangely her mom behaved. All those things made her dreams make sense and somehow it's acceptable. Anyway, this is mystery drama, right? :D

@ymiss  Because I don't have knowledge about Alzheimer, I'm not certain if WJ's mom actually had Alzheimer in TL2. But I guess she really had. Isn't it little cruel if she pretended that while WJ had to work hard and also take care of her? And based on what happened with JH, I guess she didn't have the memories about last 12 years in TL2 either. Maybe after she had tried to save her husband but fail, the next thing she knew is she woke up and found out WJ was still single and she had Alzheimer. Therefore, her awareness was a complicated mix of her memories about her life in TL1 and what she's known recently about her new life in TL2 along with her Alzheimer :sweatingbullets: 

And I think JH will have the memories about everything in both TL1 and TL2 while WJ will just have the memories about her life in TL2 and her unclear dreams about her life in TL1 :sweatingbullets:

18 hours ago, bluesoul7 said:

I think I can answer your questions :D We all knew WJ's mom went back to the past to save her husband so I think she went back in 2006 at the day her husband had passed away. The old man seems so mystery. And I have no clue about his stories or his purpose to do time-travel so I can't even guess about when he went to the past. But he seems like miserable and stuck in all timelines he travelled. Somehow I feel pity for him 21.gif

According to my theory about time-travel, only time-travellers remember the memories of the previous timeline which they've already live in. So WJ's mom will not remember anything about the current timeline in this newest timeline because she didn't do time-travel this time. (Oh God, we've already have too many timelines. Should we number them to discuss more easily? 20.gif)

:D I know right...the old..the new..and another new...wait until there's another time travel again in the last 4 episodes..we'll be sooo confused when discussing them here!!! I should watch again from the beginning when this drama finishes..tbh I lost track on some of the events (on when they occured) like when WJ's father passed away.  

So.. when did you think WJ's mum did time travelling again? did she do it in the 2006 in the TL1? Or did she do it in the TL2? @_@ It will be really cool if the drama can address this in a little bit more clarity in the end (but I won't be expecting it). 

@qynn I think you might be right in that perhaps JH will still refuse to be with WJ..and as someone else said..may actually try NOT TO make them both meet at all. After all, WJ didn't really have all the memories of the 'original' timeline..only JH did...I was wondering what kind of 'conflict' the writer will present us with in the last 4 episodes..but i think one of them might be this:tears: I'm wishing our OTP won't need to go through any more 'problems'..and the writer can just show us how they build their relationship while trying to perhaps prevent the father from meeting with the fatal accident, to get SS with JE etc etc...:phew:

@qynn, I also believe that JH would not go to the bus stop, but unfortunately WJ knows where he went to school. I am sure she'd seek him out and countinue their fated love. I might be similiar to the original timeline where she pursued him strongly. :D 

I also wonder if the bus crashed that JH heard over the radio before his date will come into play later.  

Beside the romance, I really like the friendship among the men, and Woojin - Joo Eun's friendship. I'd love at the end, the three couples could have MT's trip.

Hi everyone! I’m joining this thread rather late... I wanted to watch this show from the start but somehow I avoided pressing Play button until 3 days ago. I binged watched all 12 episodes 3 days and now I’m quite intrigued where the show is heading with both of them remembering the other timeline. Well, there’s 4 episodes left so they must create some kind of conflict, right?

I still think WJ could’ve convinced him to be together in TL2 but then the show would end there :D 

I think Joo-Hyuk has affirmed his love for Woo-Jin. I think they will definitely find each other. Maybe not at the bus stop, but definitely somewhere.

It would be funny if she was the one who had second thoughts about him, though. HAHA.

I want to revisit Hye-Won. I previously said that she was a spoiled brat because she was a product of her environment. She was an only child, born into privilege and her parents seem so indulgent. But... I did not expect that she was an actual sociopath, completely incapable of any empathy towards her husband, whatsoever. One wrong move and DIVORCE. Wow. It is astonishing that Joo-Hyuk stayed with her for 12 years because Joo-Hyuk, despite his flaws, and whatever timeline he is in, he's still the same person. And I just can't imagine him putting up with *that* for 12 years.

But slow golf claps for that scene at the gas station. It takes someone special to out-gap-jil the other nasty lady who was doing the gap-jil to Hyun-Soo. So Hye-Won is actually capable of some sort of empathy for someone who she knows isn't her lap dog. Progress?

(Gap-jil is such a great word. It's when a rich person acts terribly because he thinks his money gives him that right. There's no one-word equivalent in English, although there should be.)

My only regret about the latest time travel is that we won't get to see Hye-Won's face when her father is disgraced and thrown in jail.

My last note is about friendships. I noted that when it comes to Jong-Hoo+wife and Joo-Eun+Sang-Shik - it seems like it was one fateful moment that brought them together, but that if that fateful moment didn't happen, these people stayed apart and alone. But when it comes to friendships: Jong-Hoo+Joo-Hyuk and Joo-Eun+Woo-Jin, no matter what timeline, they always end up friends. So their basic personalities and the people they are drawn to doesn't change when it comes to friendships, which is nice!

(I won't count Joo-Hyuk+Sang-Shik because their friendship pre-dated 2006.)

Preview Familiar Wife Ep 13 

It looks like their come back in the past and meet first. He tried to run away from her madly, he was probably afraid of her.:w00t: I think it's funny Hahaha!!!:blush:

BTS  Familiar Wife Ep. 12

Translate preview to Familiar Wife Ep. 13

Credit to Instagram familiarwife.tvn

On 9/7/2018 at 9:59 PM, nidcha202 said:

@celebrianna Personality: He is a gentle man, warm, not self-confident, a simple man, very different from a bad boy. Have you not seen this work of yours? If you have not yet, watch it. It's great to watch it. It is one of his masterpieces that made his greatest contribution. :thumbsup:

@nidcha202, loved the main personality and loved KMHM. He thoroughly won my heart over. He endured so much and you described his main personality so well. 

@chickfactor, I also missed seeing the consequence of HW’s disgraced family and how it would have affected her. The girl is far too shallow. I hope she gets some real lessons in this new timeline.

@nidcha202, thanks for the preview. Wait, it looks like JG ran away from WJ and they meet now at work instead? :lol:

Looks like jh will decide for them not to be together. But as we know it, woo jin will seek him out no matter where he goes lol. Jh is still thinking that he is only bad luck to wj. But poor him. He should know how stubborn and firm woo jin is when it comes to him lol. It's him or nothing:wub:

@chickfactori love your analogy on those butterfly effects of joo hyuk's time travel. He might have change jong hoo and sang sik's fate but if these men are fated to be with their wives, they should have met and be together whatever time line. It only means that when it comes to love, only joo hyuk and woo jin are destined and fated to be together what ever time line they would be. Their love stands the test of time. I think particularly, it is woo jin's love for him that is really the key why they would meet whatever timeline it is. She just loves joo hyuk to the core that she sees herself only with him and no one else so she will be doing everything in her power to get him:D

I didn't want to be right about JH avoiding WJ but the shot of him running from her made me laugh anyway. I didn't know what I wanted for Timeline 3 but I think I can get behind something similar to Timeline 2 but with them both single. And now I'm super curious what's up with Woo Jin's mom. 

Finally it's the preview~ why is JH running away from WJ again ? Didn't he forget about the second chance and being greedy once again? Shouldn't he grab this chance and cherish the moments together rather than wasting time avoiding her. Does he know that somethings are fated to be together no matter what you have changed ? 

Disappointed in JH!!! If he did not mend his relationship with WJ in the next episode, I will be utterly disapponted :( 

JH need a lot of improvement and forgiveness from WJ. If WJ didn't have the strong determination, he would have been alone..... 

meh~ please be together. I need some lovely dovely moments.

I am curious about one thing - they will only able to change the day of 2006? And the rest are fast forward. I hope to see some timeline as I see that JH manage to avoid WJ and HW on the day of 2006 and came to the future. WJ still pretty as ever! 

2 hours ago, richelle said:

Looks like jh will decide for them not to be together. But as we know it, woo jin will seek him out no matter where he goes lol. Jh is still thinking that he is only bad luck to wj. But poor him. He should know how stubborn and firm woo jin is when it comes to him lol. It's him or nothing:wub:

Agreed with you, I think they both did not return to solve the problem between them. He tried to avoid her. But she pursued him. Maybe Joo Hyuk  thinks he is not in her life. Woo jin She should be happy like in the present life that they have passed. Wait for them to grow in adulthood. And have a stable job. Maybe he could secretly watch her by the distance. There is a feeling that Woo Jin's mother may not recognize him, she looks better as normal. He is her client, as if she would introduce a product to him. I think until the present time. She is determined to meet him with determination. She never gives up, she must find him. At this time he can not escape. He may fall in love with her again. He is always secretly watching her. Maybe it was his plan.:D

Maybe I can not guess the ideas of the playwright. How will it come out in any form?  Starts to be more complex.:o

2 hours ago, moomooz said:

I am curious about one thing - they will only able to change the day of 2006? And the rest are fast forward. I hope to see some timeline as I see that JH manage to avoid WJ and HW on the day of 2006 and came to the future. WJ still pretty as ever! 

I'm guessing that what will happen in Timeline 3~~ Maybe the day/s of 2006 JH manages to avoid WJ and then fast forwards to the 2018 with them not ever meet each other and that's why at the end of the preview, WJ, with the memory of Timeline 2..knows JH will work at KCU, purposely goes to work there :D ? I don't mind fast forward in this case..rather than having to watch 'many years' of their lives about JH trying to avoid WJ~

seeing the ep 13 preview, I got the "back to the future" vibes! :glasses: while Woo Jin is trying so hard to get her original life back (being a Joo Hyuk's wife, get her kids back), Joo Hyuk is trying hard to avoid her i bet this is for her own good (remember he tried to push away WJ, because he felt that he was not good enough for her). This is interesting! :lol:

I bet the next episode, many viewers will be disappointed and cursed by JH's action or decision to stay away from WJ (just looking the comments of people who already watched the teaser of ep 13). :D chill out guys! it's just drama! a fantasy drama!! :D

3 hours ago, moomooz said:

Finally it's the preview~ why is JH running away from WJ again ? Didn't he forget about the second chance and being greedy once again? Shouldn't he grab this chance and cherish the moments together rather than wasting time avoiding her. Does he know that somethings are fated to be together no matter what you have changed ? 

Disappointed in JH!!! If he did not mend his relationship with WJ in the next episode, I will be utterly disapponted :( 

JH need a lot of improvement and forgiveness from WJ. If WJ didn't have the strong determination, he would have been alone..... 

meh~ please be together. I need some lovely dovely moments.

I doubt other men could have dealt with WJ in that marriage either so in a sense she would have been alone as well. 

36 minutes ago, snowlou said:

I'm guessing that what will happen in Timeline 3~~ Maybe the day/s of 2006 JH manages to avoid WJ and then fast forwards to the 2018 with them not ever meet each other and that's why at the end of the preview, WJ, with the memory of Timeline 2..knows JH will work at KCU, purposely goes to work there :D ? I don't mind fast forward in this case..rather than having to watch 'many years' of their lives about JH trying to avoid WJ~

Would hate that alot please dont happen . 

On 9/8/2018 at 2:59 AM, nidcha202 said:

@celebrianna Personality: He is a gentle man, warm, not self-confident, a simple man, very different from a bad boy. Have you not seen this work of yours? If you have not yet, watch it. It's great to watch it. It is one of his masterpieces that made his greatest contribution. :thumbsup:

On 9/8/2018 at 2:16 AM, celebrianna said:

@nidcha202, thanks for the explanation. I really enjoy Ji Sung’s acting so I hope the best for him. I know for this show I hope the ratings continue to increase. I can’t believe we’re almost at the end.

Oh, that’s the main personality in KMHM? Heh. Loved him very much and cried my eyes out for him too many times during that show. 

Was Kill me heal me a emotional show from the videos on youtube it looks to be quite a funny show? does it have emotional impacts as well. 

Also Nidcha are you describing him or a character?? 

12 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Was Kill me heal me a emotional show from the videos on youtube it looks to be quite a funny show? does it have emotional impacts as well. 

Also Nidcha are you describing him or a character?? 

Kill Me Heal Me is a very emotional show. He has split personalities and that means he suffered a trauma that created these personalities as a coping mechanism. Of course it has it’s fun parts but overall for me it was deeply emotional hence the name of the show. “Kill Me” and the other “Heal Me”. The main personality too is an heir to a big company so the added pressure of image takes a toll. I felt so bad for him because he had to keep his problem a secret and yet, a personality can take over and destroy his peace. It’s like living a harassing life. Even when he sleeps, a personality can take over and wreak havoc that he has to clean up afterwards.

I’m not mad at JH for running. lol I think WJ and him have issues to tackle so I suppose this will help them confront them.

Archived