[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

2hdmsj.gif

When I look at this scene, the two of them seem to be enjoying the present. It's like a couple who start to love each other. What he did wrong in the past against her. It made her heart ache, she began to worry less. He cried, begged, knelt, apologized to her, and felt that she would forgive him. I admire her that she is not a weak woman. She is a very strong woman. If Joo-Hyuk Do not despair the problem of lending money of the bank. I think they should be happy in the present life as well.:wub:

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, celebrianna said:

@bluesoul7, Joo-Hyuk was convicted? Things sure escaped very quickly. :( At least  WJ and him changed the situation by going back to the other timeline...

I'm not sure :sweatingbullets: Maybe I used wrong word (English is not my native language :sweatingbullets:). But he's really in trouble and seems desperate :bawling:

You can read the live recap here:  https://www.dramamilk.com/familiar-wife-kdrama-live-recap-episode-12/  (still updating)

7 minutes ago, bluesoul7 said:

I'm not sure :sweatingbullets: Maybe I used wrong word (English is not my own language :sweatingbullets:). But he's really in trouble and seems desperate :bawling:

Okay. I guess we can just take the gist that the loan issue was going to destroy his career and lead to a possible conviction. 

안녕하세요 fellow 아는 와이프 fans :). This drama is really good, one of the best that I've watched so far. 

I have a theory about Seo Woo Jin's mom, on why she still remembered Joo Hyuk in the new timeline as her son-in-law. I think she actually went back to the past around the same time as Joo Hyuk. She wanted to alter the past, and create a future were her husband, Woo Jin's dad, is still alive. But sadly, fate would have its way. She was not able to change it. She also realized that someone related and connected to her also time travelled thus the future that she woke up in turned out different, that Woo Jin and Joo Hyuk were not married. Later she realized that the time traveler was Joo Hyuk. 

It disappointed her greatly, and was about to accept that but realized that there might be another chance for them to be back together. The dreams Woo Jin were having gave her hope that fate tied her daughter with Joo Hyuk and there was no escaping it, because Woo Jin remembered things from a previous timeline through her dreams. Then she began dropping sublte hints to her daughter through her drawings and the son-in-law thing, hoping to for them to get back together in the new timeline. I mean, how would she explain to Woo Jin why she knew of those things because she time travelled without appearing to be crazy.

Then upon realizing that Joo Hyuk told Woo Jin the truth, and that the latter accepted the possibility of time travel, she decided to give her other coin to her daughter knowing that she needed it more.

22 hours ago, ymiss said:

Marriage is a life long until death thing, a forever task. It’s so much work, effort every single time of the day. It needs all the commitment, communication and adaptation that it requires. I wish everyone that’s in a marriage with all the luck and hope that there is including myself. I’m going on my twelfth year with my husband when February is here and we just had our sixth child over a little three months ago. I can’t see myself with any other man besides my husband but only time will tell and most importantly, only if my husband don’t let go of our marriage.

The message from this drama is that not all love stories, marriages prevail and some may just do.

@ymiss Thank you, well said.  Marriage is a life long, until death thing, and it takes communication, compromise, and understanding to make it through.  There will be bad days; however, there will be a lot of good days.  When I was very young, about 20, a colleague told me that a good marriage was one where the good days outnumbered the bad days and that is true.  For a marriage to work, both have to be committed to making it work.  Congratulations on your twelve years of commitment, and the birth of your 6th child, may God be with you and bless you, your husband, and your marriage.  

Excerpt from Drama Milk

"Now I understand everything. Why my heart responded to you like that and why it moved to you. But, why did you do that? Why did you make that kind of choice and dump me?

JH – I am, I was really afraid of you changing like that. I am responsible for you for your entire life, I did not even know it was my fault. If I cared about you a little more, if I listened to you a little more, then you would be like you are now, healthy and cool. We could have lived like that. I ruined everything. I was selfish and I made a stupid choice.

he gets on his knees at the table to apologize. And starts crying.

JH – It is too late, but I am really sorry Woo-jin, really really sorry. Really sorry.

Woo jin leaves, but she looks very affected. She stops at the door for a moment then goes back and stands in front of him. he is still on the floor.

WJ – Okay, it is not only your fault, there is no one sided relationship. I am not the Seo Woo-jin that you dumped. I am not that weak. When I have a wave, I will survive, so I will give you another chance. You should recover and take back everything. Your sorry feelings….just don’t say them. You need to repay me, next to me, for your entire life."

WJ understood what many of those who posted and shared their thoughts about this drama grappled with...there is no one sided relationship.  Although she did not fully see her past actions, she knew that whatever happened in their marriage no one person (JH) was at fault.  Also in this timeline WJ had a chance to see JH in a different light, he is an honorable man at work and he is a good friend.  There is also a silver lining, because of JH making the decision he did, WJ had a chance to become an independent woman, capable of handling children and a marriage without exploding.  Because of the decision he made that day, JH had a chance to see how selfish he was and how he contributed to WJ's explosive behavior.  What looked like a disastrous move, might be a win-win for both of them. 

On Another Note:

Did the mother go back in time to try to save her husband?  Is that the reason she knew that JH was her son-in-law in this timeline?

Tonight's episode should be interesting...thank you for the curve ball writer...I am loving it. 

The scene in the restaurant is heart breaking. Ji sung and han ji min are so good. Best episode. There's no preview my goodness. How can i survive for one week. This drama always amaze me:wub:

Will they stay long in 2006? Woo jin's love for joo hyuk is incomparable. It's only him or nothing:wub:

Oh my! Oh my! Oh my!

This drama is so fresh and unpredictable, and I love it. I wasn’t expecting this reaction from Woo Jin, but I should have since this Woo Jin is so strong and such a fighter. Go Woo Jin! Go Joo Hyuk! 

Perfect episode!!! As what I predicted, the time travel was a cliff hanger for next week. (So sad, another week till the exciting and reconciliation will happen :() 

However this episode was good. It managed to close off a few conflicts between JH and WJ; JH and JH and colleagues get together to put good words for JH. WJ mentioned that she wasn't that old 'WJ' as weak what he thinks which I believe it was true. JH was there throughout and she just have to lean him. He was her lifesaver and that's why their marriage broke down when he is no longer there for her and was busy bringing food back to the family. 

I really love how writer portray WJ's character. I didn't expect that she would forgive JH that easily in less than one episode. I thought writer would drag 1-2 episodes for JH to beg forgiveness. WJ is cool and brave at her thinking and understands that relationship is not a one way thing but two way. She's willing to give JH a chance despite knowing that their marriage failed. Both are lacking in communication and understanding in their marriage. But love is there. All they had to do, is to straighten out. 

Im really impressed at WJ and she bear grudges that JH was with HW. Thumbs up for her :) 

lastly i I would prefer lovely dovely relationship for the last 4 episodes. How they build up their relationship through studying and slowly step into work environment then kids. 

I missssss this show once again!!! The ratings are superb! So proud of it! 

I’m wondering if they’ll get a fresh start at their marriage now they’re back in time before marriage. Also, I wonder if WJ can prevent her father’s death now because I think at this point he’s still alive. It would be nice if WJ can repay her mother’s yearning by getting the chance to do this. However, I suppose if it’s his fate to die at that time it will happen regardless.

9 hours ago, jabberwockzero said:

안녕하세요 fellow 아는 와이프 fans :). This drama is really good, one of the best that I've watched so far. 

I have a theory about Seo Woo Jin's mom, on why she still remembered Joo Hyuk in the new timeline as her son-in-law. I think she actually went back to the past around the same time as Joo Hyuk. She wanted to alter the past, and create a future were her husband, Woo Jin's dad, is still alive. But sadly, fate would have its way. She was not able to change it. She also realized that someone related and connected to her also time travelled thus the future that she woke up in turned out different, that Woo Jin and Joo Hyuk were not married. Later she realized that the time traveler was Joo Hyuk. 

It disappointed her greatly, and was about to accept that but realized that there might be another chance for them to be back together. The dreams Woo Jin were having gave her hope that fate tied her daughter with Joo Hyuk and there was no escaping it, because Woo Jin remembered things from a previous timeline through her dreams. Then she began dropping sublte hints to her daughter through her drawings and the son-in-law thing, hoping to for them to get back together in the new timeline. I mean, how would she explain to Woo Jin why she knew of those things because she time travelled without appearing to be crazy.

Then upon realizing that Joo Hyuk told Woo Jin the truth, and that the latter accepted the possibility of time travel, she decided to give her other coin to her daughter knowing that she needed it more.

Yup I agree with you. the puzzle has been resolved in the latest episode, nice! :thumbsup: Woojin's mom still can't accept the death of her husband, but after she decided to go back and tried to save him, it's still too late for her (Well no one can cheat death right?) and come to realize she just has to accept it and moving on.

Now I wonder, how they gonna change the past to get back their original life?? Will Joo hyuk reject Hye won's date request as soon as she asked? Will Woo jin prevent the sexual harassment that supposed to happen to her?? and Will they soon run to each other to where they met for the first time (the bus stop)?? hmmmm:rolleyes:

This one :cold_sweat: Jong hoo really has a BIG HEART!!! He deserve his original life back!! be happy with his then girlfriend turn wife and have twin kids!

Jang seung jo is really a great actor!! the way he portray a man who got a broken heart!  really hilarious!!:joy:

The last 2 episoded really pulled on my heart string T_T There's something about this drama which draws me to it..it's not so lovey-dovey nor it has overly romantic scenes..but for some reasons I really like this drama! Love Ji Sung and Han Ji Min. kudos to both actor and actress :) I'm also loving the OSTs..especially the one sang by Roy Kim:wub:

I think time travel story is to some degree very confusing and we probably will find some holes in the story line here and there. I also think that WJ's mum time travelled before and also that ahjussi in the station. But then the question became..when did they exactly time travel in this new time line? If they did it before (during the old time line)..and then that memory was carried over to the new time line (hence they knew they time travelled)..then in this 'newest' timeline..will they remember too (The mum and the ahjussi)? ..and so many other questions...*shrugs* doesn't matter even if they're not answered..i still enjoy this drama! (a drama is a drama anyway)

I'm looking forward to seeing how the writer makes this 'newest' timeline an interesting story to watch. Can't wait for next week!!

Episode 12 gave me a roller coaster of emotions. Joo hyuk and woo jin talking about what happened and why joo hyuk abandoned her brought tears to my eyes. It is a very sincere and heartwarming apology. Woo jin acknowledge that it takes two to tango, she might now know how she contributed to their sad state of marriage but she knows it is also her fault. Actually i thought that she will not forgive him. But when she came back and said to pay everything back throughout his life but beside her, i realized how much she loves joo hyuk. No wonder she will do everything for them to be together whether in the present timeline or the other.

Will woo jin try to save his father? Will they alter the past? Goodness there is no preview. They might be live shooting already. Kudos to ji min and ji sung. Superb actors indeed:blush:

Someone posted this just few hours ago, it looks like Woo Jin is trying to help Jong Hoo to catch his girlfriend's flight. Hmmm quite interesting to see how the ending of the drama is gonna be written.:confused:

OMG Woo Jin-ah! You're such a boy when you are sleeping :joy::thumbsup:

puMnFYb.png?1

10 hours ago, nidcha202 said:

Ratings are still excellent as expected.:thumbsup:

image.png

https://twitter.com/8l7l5l2l000

Congratulations to the cast and crew of 아는-와이프. This drama deserves to be more popular, not just in Korea, but in other countries as well. This drama is way better than the previous timeslot What's Wrong With Secretary Kim. Gonna watch this again after it finishes. Han Ji Min is definitely my favorite actress right now, not just in Korean entertainment. Her talent cannot be understated :). The next episode though has no preview, can't wait a week for it  :bawling:.

Archived