[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

@bluesoul7, I actually think that JH was just about ready to try to make his marriage work but then his mother got sick and HW’s selfishness became blatantly apparent. Yet, despite that, I think JH wanted to continue to try. They are painfully not suited for each other unless one of them was going to drastically change and that would have to be JH. He would probably have to become an adopted son to his in-laws and forget about his parents because HW completely rejects them. In the end, I guess it’s good for both that they divorced.

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, Wotad said:

I like JH but one thing annoying me if him not thinking of his kids at all. 

Maybe now that he realizes that the change is permanent it’s better not to think of the kids that he lost. It must be torture to think of them because we did see him breakdown when he finally remembered them. They were so adorable too and by a whim he changed it so that they no longer exist and cannot exist again because he and WJ are no longer together. 

Im hoping that WJ can have the chance to travel back to the past and she remembered their current marriage life. She will understand what exactly happened and she can make her own choice if she still want to be with JH. I think this is fair to me.

i would believe she will still choose JH no matter what. But I would prefer if the story flows this way. 

Has TVN drop any new preview ? I missing this show badly. 

@Wotadshe has co written high school king of savvy while she is the main writer for oh my ghostess and weightlifting fairy kim bok joo. What i love most about her dramas is that they are family oriented dramas, heart warming and you can get some life lessons as well. Just like this drama, if you are married or is thinking about getting married, you will learn a lot from this drama. How i wish this drama has been aired long before so my i have applied some of those life lessons as well to my own:wub:

20180904_102252.gif

I think when the writer let JH character have no memories about the last 12 years in this alternate timeline, she unintentionally created two versions of JH in this timeline.

1. Ver 1: JH as HW and the others (except for WJ's mother) already knew. JH ver 1, as Hye Won said, is the one who used to do everything she told him to. And he seemed to allow her to reject his parents.
  2. Ver 2: JH as the viewers saw. JH ver 2 has no idea about what happened in the last 12 years. He obviously doesn't love HW. And he is unpleased with how HW treats his parents.

Well, the problem is we only have one physical JH. So I wonder if there is any consistency of two versions of JH when his personalities of the two versions are completely opposite.

2 hours ago, richelle said:

@Wotadshe has co written high school king of savvy while she is the main writer for oh my ghostess and weightlifting fairy kim bok joo. What i love most about her dramas is that they are family oriented dramas, heart warming and you can get some life lessons as well. Just like this drama, if you are married or is thinking about getting married, you will learn a lot from this drama. How i wish this drama has been aired long before so my i have applied some of those life lessons as well to my own:wub:

OMG and Weightlifting Fairy are two of my favorite dramas, no wonder I'm falling so hard for this one!

JH’s reaction to the divorce makes sense.  He would feel like a failure.  He gave up his wife and kids for HW and couldn’t make this work either.  This is why he thinks he is a loser and can’t be with WJ.   I don’t think it is because he is unwilling to break the bro-code and go for a friend’s girlfriend.  It will be some time before he is ready to be with anyone, and I think if he were any other way, I would not root for him.

5 hours ago, lara2018 said:

JH’s reaction to the divorce makes sense.  He would feel like a failure.  He gave up his wife and kids for HW and couldn’t make this work either.  This is why he thinks he is a loser and can’t be with WJ.   I don’t think it is because he is unwilling to break the bro-code and go for a friend’s girlfriend.  It will be some time before he is ready to be with anyone, and I think if he were any other way, I would not root for him.

I don’t think it’s only because he failed at his present marriage. I think he knows it’s not “right” to just go with the flow when he’s the one who created this timeline by choice. He did it thoughtlessly but he knows he should be responsible and endure the consequences. He also realizes that he made WJ miserable by becoming an inattentive and insensitive husband and he probably feels he doesn’t have the right to ruin her life again. Notice that he wasn’t trying to get together with her in this timeline but instead tried to get back to the old timeline when he began to miss her and wanted her back.

It seems joo hyuk and jong hoo's friendship will be tested next. Wednesday come faster:)

Ji Sung And Jang Seung Jo Put Their Bromance On The Line In “Familiar Wife”

Sep 4, 2018
by jinaleee

Ji Sung and Jang Seung Jo‘s bromance is being jeopardized under the changing relationship statuses in “Familiar Wife.”

The bromance between Cha Joo Hyuk (played by Ji Sung) and Yoon Jong Hoo (played by Jang Seung Jo) has warmed viewers’ hearts. However, “Familiar Wife” has revealed new stills that show a tense situation.Ji-Sung.jpgJang-Seung-Jo.jpg

As Cha Joo Hyuk and Seo Woo Jin (played by Han Ji Min) are figuring out their confusing emotions, the present relationships are changing quickly. Cha Joo Hyuk decided to accept the fact that his choice changed his destiny and modified the present, so he tried to keep his distance from Seo Woo Jin. However, accepting his destiny did not stop his relationship with Lee Hye Won (played by Kang Han Na) from cracking as they got divorced. Seo Woo Jin was brave enough to face her emotions, as she told Cha Joo Hyuk that she loved him and kissed him.

Viewers are curious about what will happen after Seo Woo Jin’s confession of love and what leads to Cha Joo Hyuk and Yoon Jong Hoo’s cold confrontation.

The production team of “Familiar Wife” commented, “As Woo Jin is no longer denying her feelings and is now certain of her emotions, their relationships will change at an accelerating rate. It will also affect how the story unfolds. Please tune in to see what choices Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin will make.”

I knew it will happen  81.gif81.gif81.gif

Joo Hyuk, Jong Hoo please don't hurt each other! 1.gifPlease don't break my little heart  1.gif

Jong Hoo probably will know that Woo Jin likes Joo Hyuk. But I don't think it will make him get into a fight with Joo Hyuk. I guess HW must tell him that Joo Huyk spent all night with WJ ...blah blah  21.gif  Then Joo Hyuk will ask to transfer to another branch 21.gif

I really don't want to see Joo Hyuk suffer any more  41.gif

I don’t want the brothers to fall out over this either. Things have become so complicated. I think JH is in an extremely difficult place because not only are his best friend and former wife working with him while attempting a new relationship, but they’re also friends with his sister and brother-in-law. The only thing left for him to do is escape the situation to hurt less people. He hurt HW too and that’s why he keeps saying the divorce is his fault. I feel bad for him because running away seems cowardly but it might just be what’s best for all of them considering that he cannot change things back to the way they were before.

On 8/31/2018 at 9:30 PM, richelle said:

I am loving where the story is going. It would really help if woo jin will have the memories of the present and old timeline so she can reflect too on all the things that she has contributed why their marriage became miserable. The only hard truth is she will still choose joo hyuk because of the kids and i am not sure how she can forgive him.

I am wondering why some of my fellow posters are stuck on Woo Jin having to (must) forgive Joo Hyuk; for what???  Woo Jin was not the model wife in the past, she also contributed to the failing of their marriage.  Let us not forget, there are no kids in this timeline.  The children are not in limbo or some orphanage waiting for their parents to return.  They do not exist.

I am in agreement with you.  I hope the writer allows Woo Jin to reflect on their past love and marriage as she did with Joo Hyuk.  Woo Jin will understand Jii Hyuk's actions better. She will understand her actions, reactions,  and her culpability in the failure of their marriage.  If anything, they will have to forgive each other. 

When watching a drama, although, all of us bring our life's experience and perspective to the table, I try to look at the drama from the characters' point of view.  I guess that is why I am routing for Joo Hyuk and it is why I keep reminding others that both partners had a part in the marriage going down hill.  We know from watching the drama that Joo Hyuk did not stop loving Woo Jin, he did not know how to turn the marriage around. Joo Hyuk thought that maybe Woo Jin would be happier without him.  Yes, he was selfish, and decided that he wanted a life where he did not have to work as hard, and was able to enjoy the finer things in life.  Be honest, how many of you would like to enjoy the finer things in life?  I would!  :) However; I also know there is a price for everything and the key is knowing whether I am willing to compromise my principles for those finer things or If I am better off without them. 

One of the things Joo Hyuk had to learn is that for a marriage to work, you can't just love the person, you must form a partnership, you must be sensitive to each other's needs, communicate clearly, be there for them, and help out around the house.

Woo Jin needs to learn to communicate her needs and not expect that Joo Hyuk should automatically know them.  She has to understand that he has pressures at work and need some understanding when he gets home not further humiliation.

Every couple is different; however, we all need some "together" time, and some "me" time.  One of my friends who has three children, the youngest is one, said her 'me" time is when she gets into the shower, in the shower is where she can think, and unwind.  It surprised me, because that is where I have my" me" time also.  The door is closed, it is my sanctuary, it is my time, no husband, no kids, no housework, no job, just me.  Yoo Ji and Joo Hyuk needs to establish some alone time (when he can play a game.) and a few minutes each day when they have some "together" time without the children.  It could be after they put them to bed that they spend some time together, finding out about each other's day, and catching-up on events in their lives.  If they had that "together" time, it would have been the time, she could have told him her concerns about her mother.

The writer has also reminded us that because someone else pasture looks greener than ours, it is not always the case.  Once you've explored that pasture, it is no greener than yours; it has to be maintained and has weeds that must be pulled also. 

Go Woo Jin and Joo Hyuk!!!:blush:

12 minutes ago, Carmarie said:

I am wondering why some of my fellow posters are

stuck on Woo Jin having to (must) forgive Joo Hyuk; for what???  Woo Jin was not the model wife in the past, she also contributed to the failing of their marriage.  Let us not forget, there are no kids in this timeline.  The children are not in limbo or some orphanage waiting for their parents to return.  They do not exist.

I am in agreement with you.  I hope the writer allows Woo Jin to reflect on their past love and marriage as she did with Joo Hyuk.  Woo Jin will understand Jii Hyuk's actions better. She will understand her actions, reactions,  and her culpability in the failure of their marriage.  If anything, they will have to forgive each other. 

When watching a drama, although, all of us bring our life's experience and perspective to the table, I try to look at the drama from the characters' point of view.  I guess that is why I am routing for Joo Hyuk and it is why I keep reminding others that both partners had a part in the marriage going down hill.  We know from watching the drama that Joo Hyuk did not stop loving Woo Jin, he did not know how to turn the marriage around. Joo Hyuk thought that maybe Woo Jin would be happier without him.  Yes, he was selfish, and decided that he wanted a life where he did not have to work as hard, and was able to enjoy the finer things in life.  Be honest, how many of you would like to enjoy the finer things in life?  I would!  :) However; I also know there is a price for everything and the key is knowing whether I am willing to compromise my principles for those finer things or If I am better off without them. 

One of the things Joo Hyuk had to learn is that for a marriage to work, you can't just love the person, you must form a partnership, you must be sensitive to each other's needs, communicate clearly, be there for them, and help out around the house.

Woo Jin needs to learn to communicate her needs and not expect that Joo Hyuk should automatically know them.  She has to understand that he has pressures at work and need some understanding when he gets home not further humiliation.

Every couple is different; however, we all need some "together" time, and some "me" time.  One of my friends who has three children, the youngest is one, said her 'me" time is when she gets into the shower, in the shower is where she can think, and unwind.  It surprised me, because that is where I have my" me" time also.  The door is closed, it is my sanctuary, it is my time, no husband, no kids, no housework, no job, just me.  Yoo Ji and Joo Hyuk needs to establish some alone time (when he can play a game.) and a few minutes each day when they have some "together" time without the children.  It could be after they put them to bed that they spend some time together, finding out about each other's day, and catching-up on events in their lives.  If they had that "together" time, it would have been the time, she could have told him her concerns about her mother.

The writer has also reminded us that because someone else pasture looks greener than ours, it is not always the case.  Once you've explored that pasture, it is no greener than yours; it has to be maintained and has weeds that must be pulled also.

Go Woo Jin and Joo Hyuk!!!:blush:

Well said and I’m practically chomping at the bit for WJ to regain her memories. I want to see things from her perspective, mainly, her realizations about herself and her failings as a wife as well. While changing the timeline was JH’s choice, the place or point he was at to want such a change was also a result of both him and WJ’s failure in their marriage.

Ahhh:innocent: finally my kid is in dreamland. Sneak in here while having my tea :P.

Before the next heartbreaking episode coming, hope you guys don't mind, i really love watching their reaction toward WJ driving skill and .......:joy:.

Spoiler

wcjiTPs.gif

The further part below where her mom reaction was quite terrified, got me into thinking that she might have crossed over timeline before. I might be over thinking though.:sweatingbullets:

t9b5jLX.gif

Alright time to go off nite all:tongue:

Spoiler

Jong Hoo *Muak MuaknNbKaE0.gif

giLbIM5.gif

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I don’t want the brothers to fall out over this either. Things have become so complicated. I think JH is in an extremely difficult place because not only are his best friend and former wife working with him while attempting a new relationship, but they’re also friends with his sister and brother-in-law. The only thing left for him to do is escape the situation to hurt less people. He hurt HW too and that’s why he keeps saying the divorce is his fault. I feel bad for him because running away seems cowardly but it might just be what’s best for all of them considering that he cannot change things back to the way they were before.

Yes, I knew the divorce will make such a mess 21.gif I'm worried about how HW will tell her parents about the divorce and how they will react. Well, whatever it is, definitely, there will be not something good for JH 38.gif

I'm glad that I found all opinions in here quite positive. I read many negative comments on Dramabeans. And sometimes, I don't really understand why they can easily blame everything on JH or criticize every single mistake he made as if they've never done anything wrong in their life or never behaved improperly due to their uncontrollable emotions.6.gif

I will try to watch live stream tomorrow to make sure that the next ep will be the last ep I have to see JH suffer. And I hope WJ will go back in 2006 in tomorrow ep. 87.gif

@bluesoul7, I sometimes think that women mostly take the side of women so I’m not surprised by the negative comments on Dramabeans. I’m not like that. Both sexes annoy me according to their actions in any drama. I can’t forget how angry WJ was with JH and how she exhibited that anger. Quite frankly, her whole demeanor and uncommunicative ways with JH would have me on pins on needles if I was in his place. I don’t think I would want to go home at all. Yet, I can also see why she was mad at him especially when he took it for granted that her life was not as busy as his so he didn’t take picking up the kids as seriously as he should or even just helping out at home.

Archived