[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

HE DECIDED TO  NOT GO BACK  

20180823_222353.gif

Yeah, I guessed right. After listening the old man's advice, he decided to not go back to the original timeline :thumbsup: I like that even though watching him suffering and crying like that makes me feel really sad :(  Ep 7 is very heart-warming. I will wait to watch ep 8 with sub to give my thought ^_^

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, qynn said:

I really liked Episode 7. Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin's mom were once again a highlight. Woo Jin and Jong Hoo are cute but Woo Jin isn't all in. I like that Joo Hyuk wasn't happy about Woo Jin and Jong Hoo's relationship but mostly sucked it up. His frantic search for the fever reducer showed that Woo Jin is the wife in his heart.

I agree with you that Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin's mom were the highlight of episode 7.  The writer seems to be showing insight into Woo Jin personality through the mother.  We find out in this episode, through the mother, that it was  Joo Hyuk that saved Woo Jin's life.  I guess when her father died, she was so devastated that she found it hard to cope.  We now know that she had to repeat her last year in high school and that Joo Hyuk was very instrumental in helping and motivating her to complete school.  We also know through the mother that Joo Hyuk had to put up with Woo Jin's explosive behavior as a part of her coping mechanism...it took a special person, who loved her to deal with her personality.  She is not comfortable enough to show this side of her to Jong Hoo, yes she is lonely and his does shower her with attention, but she does not love him. Tonight's episode should be interesting...however, I probably will not watch it until the weekend...I check back in on Monday to read  everyone's post and/or react to the episode. 

I loved JH and WJ's first kiss. 

I think that WJ only said yes she would date JH because JH is already married and she is falling for him fast.  (I would to the same thing in this case, to take my mind off of what I could not have) However, if WJ ever remembers they were married in a different timeline, after she "castrated" JH with her violent temper, all bets would be off, Hye-Won, best bet would be the student, because Joo Hyuk no longer be hers on any level.  

2gfn3g.gif

He accepts the fate that will come. He knew that he was wrong. As a matter of fact, he can not return to the past.:( But he does his best today. He admits what will happen. He began to relax anxiety in his heart. About Won jin is a good thing for both of them. But sadly for me, he confessed to Won jin, but it seems to affect both. Although I can not understand what they are talking about each other. But their facial expressions and their eyes are sent out to touch me. Both of them convey the emotions of the characters, making it out to be excellent.:thumbsup:

I knew it. Hye won will use that office blog to post about woo jin having an affair. Poor woo jin. Once they knew woo jin's mother, it will be more of a disaster lol. It will be woo jin's mother who will create disastrous moments between wj and jh:D

Can we blame hye won for thinking that his husband is cheating on her. It was actually joo hyuk's fault of not telling her the truth but we can see that woo jin is joo hyuk's priority and she is still his wife in his heart. He can't say the truth since she will think differently. It is all about values. Even if her husband is cheating, why do it too? It only shows that he does not love him the way woo jin does.

@richelleThe Hye Won and Joo Hyuk issue is complicated. I don't blame her for being upset since he's been lying to her, but she's the sort who conveniently forgets she's been lying too. I get that in his heart, Joo Hyuk doesn't really see Hye Won as his wife, but while he's having realizations and regrets about his marriage to Woo Jin and wishing for her to be happy in the current timeline, he's not really putting together that he should also wish Hye Won happiness with someone who loves her and will put her first and that's not him. 

@qynni agree with you. Hye won and joo hyuk's relationship is too complicated since only hye won has memories of her relationship with joo hyuk. How can you care and love someone that you barely knew? I can't blame joo hyuk to think and care for woo jin as his wife since he has been with her for 12 years, they have a long history together. In the past timeline, with only work he can't give that much attention to woo jin, what more now that he has work, hye won and woo jin to take care off. He does not have time to care for hye won but sadly it's the life that he impulsively choose. I don't blame hye won to think that joo hyuk and woo jin has something going on because he lied, but im sure if he did not lie, hye won will not let him help woo jin. Woo jin has jong hoo, it is just not right that he stayed because he is married. Now woo jin will suffer hye won's wrath. I am looking forward to woo jin vs hye won. Woo jin has her conscience clear but since hye won has started the battle, she better prepare lol

Ep 8 was an emotional roller coaster for me. JH’s regret about the past was so palpable that it was so heartbreaking. But, as advised by the pauper who gave him the coins in the train, he had to face up to the changed reality and accept that he can’t turn back the clock and that this is also fate for him, albeit a changed fate due to his own choice. Though it is heartbreaking and sublime to see, I am glad that he has decided to accept the present reality and to wish happiness for WJ instead. This shows that his love for WJ has matured, from a self-centered one before to a selfless one. He is able to put her happiness first before his own wants.

That was also the reason why he created a situation in which he had to lie to HW when he spent the night at the police station with WJ. WJ was then lonely and extremely anxious about her missing mom. She had no one to turn to. When he chanced upon her in that state, he couldn’t bring himself to ignore her and not be by her side. I saw a lot of criticisms about him putting his hand to protect her head as she nodded off in sheer tiredness after all the anxiety and stress. But the audience fails to understand that that wasn’t an adulterous act from JH’s perspective. Here is the woman he has loved for a long time. Here is the woman whom he was supposed to protect and love but failed to in so many ways. And this woman right there and then was lonely and pitiful. How can one fault him for acting out of his protective instincts?

As for lying to HW, I am not condoning his act of lying but at that moment, it was difficult to explain the full story and it is even more difficult to expect HW to understand and not take issues with him. Because he was motivated by his desire to be there for WJ, he opted for the convenient way out - which is to lie to buy himself that chance of being there for WJ in her time of need. It’s not exactly the wisest thing to do, I do understand. In 20-20 hindsight vision, he could have called Jong Hoo and get him to be with WJ instead. But in that moment, he was more driven by his own heart than by his head. 

HW on the other hand, shows little understanding for JH. There was not a hint of selflessness in her love for JH. She’s been used to having everything her way. And judging from next week’s preview, if I am guessing it right, it looks like she will be out on a war path to get at him and WJ. It’s the wrath of a woman spurned and a woman seeking revenge. Given her personality, there’s little hope for the way ahead for him in his relationship with her. It will be largely him giving in to all her demands and there would still not be genuine love from her, at least not from what we have seen of her thus far. I think I will cry even more buckets for JH :bawling:

I must say Ji Sung has such kind eyes and such a gentle demeanor (I am referring to both the real person and his portrayal of JH) that I find it impossible not to like JH, flawed as he is. Ji Sung’s emotive eye acting is so good that you can see the change in emotions and feel the love, pain and regret so real and so vividly. The same goes for HJM’s acting. The “eye talk and connection” between them when JH confessed to her about his loss and apologized for his lack in the past at the alley where they had walked down numerous times before. That scene is so poetic - walking down the alley physically and walking down memory lane where so many memories had been shared and never to be forgotten even when the realities had been changed- the memories that created a sense of familiarity, these remain woven and intact in the subconscious, as if they had been etched there by a cosmic force that is destiny. 

I hope ratings will continue to climb even higher next week! 

When Woojin walked Joo Hyuk out after they found her mom, I found their talk is very touching and interesting.  It gave Joo Hyuk a chance to express his regrets and apology to his wife, and confession of his love to her. During this exchange, didn't Woojin also expresses her love for him? Roy Kim's song is perfect during this scene.  I like this song so much. 

Spoiler

Joo Hyuk

"I'm really sorry.

I really wanted to say this.

To that person.

But it's too late now since I can't see her anymore.

So, I'm going to tell her with my heart.

To be happy."

Woojin

"If I like something I say I like it, if I don't like something I say I don't like it.

I have to be vocal about how I feel in order to be satisfied.

This time, I'm going to try not to be that way.

Since I lived the way I wanted for the past thirty years, this time I want to be different. Adultlike.

Like you said, Assistant Manager, this time I just want to wish it with my heart.

Woo Jin will not pursue Joo Hyuk since he's married man.  Joo Hyuk will just wish for Woo Jin's happiness, and won't interfere with his love line.  So I believe that these two won't step out of their bounds and cheated unless there are some external forces such as Hye Won's upcoming antics. :sweatingbullets: Joo Hyuk already cheated mentally with Woo Jin, but I'll give him a free pass since she was with him for almost a decade.  Like his MIL said, "You can't just cut away a connection so easily like flipping a hand."  

This episode is not as funny as previous episodes, but it is still very entertaining and touching.  It's awesome that the rating went up a little. :D  I can't wait to see next week @richelle Hyewon vs Woojin or (Hyewon vs Woojin's oppas)

I wonder how interesting would it be if Woojin finally got her original memory back, and would travel back in time with Joo Hyuk this time so they can change their destiny.  So it isn't just only his decision but their. 

I also rooting for the two team leaders to get together.   Will we ever get the back story of the homeless/train man?

@randomlee I just love your assessment.  You described it beautifully. :)

@kooslee I agree, I want WJ to remember the past so it will be both their decision if they want to go back to their original life and for her to reflect what we wrong with their marriage since they are both at fault.

I’m glad to see him being selfless this time and choosing WJ happiness in this timeline. As what the old man said, if this is part of his destiny he should accept it and if it’s their destiny is to be together it will happen. 

Next week will be interesting, aside from the office chaos it seems like WJ will remember their original life. We need that twist!

I'm intrigued by the time travel on this show.

1st timeline - Woo-Jin and Joo-Hyuk are both pretty miserable. Two kids. Joo-Eun seems to not be married. Jong-Hoo is married with twins. Apparently his wife is the love of his life.

2nd timeline - It's 2018, a mysterious scar appears on JH's hand (from being hit by motorcycle in 2006?), friend's mother who recently died in a vehicle accident is now alive. Woo-Jin and Joo-Hyuk are the same, unhappy.

Joo-Hyuk uses his 2nd coin to travel to the past.

3rd timeline - This is the 2018 that we are in now. JH is married to Hye-Won. Woo-Jin is his co-worker. Jong-Hoo is not married.

And there are good things about this timeline, most important is that his sister Joo-Eun is married to his friend Sang-Shik and they seem happy together.

So I guess the conclusion will somehow be a 4th timeline, where the happiest version of everything is somehow magically true?

- WJ and JH are married, they still have their two kids, are happier than in 1st timeline because JH is wiser

- Joo-Eun and Sang-Shik are married with child, happy

- Jong-Hoo with his wife and twins, happy

- friend's mother, still alive

- Hye-Won, married to the right guy for her, whoever that is (valet playboy?), and happy

OST no. 3 by roy kim is so good:wub: the scenes added are very touching too. I have been playing this nonstop:wub:

I only noticed now that the in laws of both woo jin and joo hyuk will be reunited in the hospital lol. This would be interesting:)

I'm going to predict that Woo Jin remembers everything by the end of Episode 10. That would give 3-4  episodes for her to go through the stages of grief and eventually do her own reflecting and 2-3 episodes for another time travel attempt and return to either the original timeline or a new timeline that's a combination of the others. 

I think Hye Won and the scammer might be meant to be. She wants a husband who will do everything she says and someone who is in it for the money and appears to have no emotional attachments seems kind of perfect for her.

I'm glad the ratings continue to do well. I'm grateful for this forum because outside of here it's mostly crickets or negative comments, it seems like. 

Agree with the 4th timeline, at the end all will be happy hopefully.  I wanna see the best-friend be happy too with his real wife and HW to find her soulmate probably the college guy even though she's such a brat.

They will go back from 2006 but this time (2018) we will see a happy marriage since they were able to reflect and make adjustment to their marriage.  I can't wait to see WJ remembers it all haha

I just don't see a happy ending on the 3rd timeline since obviously WJ doesn't love the best friend and same with JH who had no memories of his marriage with HW from the previous years.  If WJ and JH get together they are both hurting two people.  That's why the writer give a 3 month period for them to have a chance to time travel. 

15 hours ago, Kooslee said:

Woo Jin will not pursue Joo Hyuk since he's married man.  Joo Hyuk will just wish for Woo Jin's happiness, and won't interfere with his love line.  So I believe that these two won't step out of their bounds and cheated unless there are some external forces such as Hye Won's upcoming antics. :sweatingbullets: Joo Hyuk already cheated mentally with Woo Jin, but I'll give him a free pass since she was with him for almost a decade.  Like his MIL said, "You can't just cut away a connection so easily like flipping a hand." 

Playing the devil's advocate

Is Joo Hyuk cheating on Hye Won because he cares for Woo Jin, or is he cheating on Woo Jin because he was married to her (first) in the first timeline?  Just asking the question since many posts refer to him cheating on Hye-won in his heart. 

I, like you, think he should have a free pass. Considering the unique circumstances surrounding their relationship, I do not feel Joo Hyuk is cheating on his wife.  Joo Hyuk has not stepped over the line with Woo Jin, unless you count the pat on the head.  Because he finds himself in another timeline, does not mean he stopped caring for Woo Jin, when you care for someone, (even if it is not romantically) you want to be there for them in the time of need. It is natural.  I like the fact that once Joo Hyuk realized, that while he was married, he did not help Woo Jin with housework, etc... when Hye-won woke up the next morning, he was vacuuming living room... so cute.  Joo Hyuk had already come to the decision to make the best of his marriage because he cannot go back. 

Perhaps, Hye-won will divorce Joo-Hyuk over this and he will be free to pursue Woo Jin. ( I can only hope):D

Randomlee said

As for lying to HW, I am not condoning his act of lying but at that moment, it was difficult to explain the full story and it is even more difficult to expect HW to understand and not take issues with him. Because he was motivated by his desire to be there for WJ, he opted for the convenient way out - which is to lie to buy himself that chance of being there for WJ in her time of need. It’s not exactly the wisest thing to do, I do understand. In 20-20 hindsight vision, he could have called Jong Hoo and get him to be with WJ instead. But in that moment, he was more driven by his own heart than by his head. 

@randomlee  I agree with your assessment except for one thing.  Jong Hoo does not know Woo Jin's mother and does not have the same affection for her.  Joo Hyuk helping Woo Jin find her mother had a deeper connection.  Yes, Joo Hyuk would be supportive of Woo Jin; however, he does not have had the level of concern that JH, (due to their personal history) has.  

Archived