[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

3 hours ago, Carmarie said:

Playing the devil's advocate

Is Joo Hyuk cheating on Hye Won because he cares for Woo Jin, or is he cheating on Woo Jin because he was married to her (first) in the first timeline?  Just asking the question since many posts refer to him cheating on Hye-won in his heart. 

He's really only known her for a few days.

In this world, they've been married for a few years but only she knows about that history. He doesn't know her well at all.

It's like how he doesn't know how to play golf.

Hye-Won = golf. He does not know her. He may be technically married to her, but to him, she's basically a stranger. Can you cheat on a stranger?

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree that there not that much funny scenes this week's episodes but they have more touching scenes which i love. The scene where jh drives her MIL home is very heartwarming. She knows her daughter is not someone who can get along with many but it is jh who has stayed and take care of her while she is grieving for the sudden death of her father. Wj is just really like her mom. She will love only one and it is jh. That is the major difference between her and hw. For wj, it is only jh, he is everything to her. Whatever happens, she will never cheat. With hw, it's a different story. It is their values that really differs.

While jh knows he can't go back again, it is selfless of him to wish wj her happiness. He knows it is his decision so he should basically need to live with it. It is just sad that for the 5 years that they are married, there was never a time that he was able to attend the memorial of his FIL. I can now understand why wj through the years has so much resentment in him. He should know that the occasion is very important to wj and her mother. Now he knows that he has missed a lot on wj and his MIL. I want wj to regain their memories of the past but it will be heart breaking once she remembers their 2 children:tears: Next week would be interesting. Wj vs hw, let the fight begin lol

Woo jin's transformation shown clearly here. I think joo hyuk is badly hit lol

JH is doing it right this time. 

His marriage to WJ, he excessively ran away from stress by playing games and hangout with friends

His marriage to HW from what I observed there is also Game console in the living room. I'm guessing he is running away again into the Game World. 

Weird is he still works in the bank when there was a damn good position for him in HW's dad company... Why?

His parents are not happy with him, how can he be happy in this marriage when the wife not acknowledging the in law existence? And he has to obey the wife?

Irony:expressionless:

No offence ya JH supporter, just wanna say, this is one of the thing he did right this time, Don't Run face it instead :thumbsup:

The part he apologising to WJ, if ever WJ got the dream of her frustration marriage in another time line, and glimpse of Jh was her husband, this apology will have her crying out loud. 

Their chemistry was incredible,

my :heartbreak:

"Just wish her happiness like a real man"

20180825_103633.gif

Although it seems like the circumstances made him have no choice than he actually made a decision, I can't help expressing how pleased I am to watch his attitude towards the relationship between his called ex-wife and his best friend change from behaving ridiculously due to his uncontrollably emotional jealousy to dealing with it. And now, he even makes the effort to support them because he's going to wish with all his heart for her happiness like a real man. I know one day when her dreams gets clearer, she will remember everything, including the bad things he'd done in their marriage and maybe even his impulsive decision "changing wife". But I hope when that moment comes, she will recall every single word he tells her today to forgive him for the mistakes which I believe he didn't make intentionally from his heart. 

As mentioned in one of my previous comments, I want him to show me his true heart. And he did. The moment he throws away the magical coin and then looks like drowning in tears, I fall for him :wub:  I have a kind of weird idea that the more you are willing to sacrifice the more important it is to you ^_^ From the first eps of this drama, I know Joo Hyuk is type of character who will cause much controversy. He is not an ideal character model everyone loves. Even I myself couldn't say that I completely love him. But somehow, I want to be with him, for better and for worse ^_^

1 hour ago, bluesoul7 said:

As mentioned in one of my previous comments, I want him to show me his true heart. And he did. The moment he throws away the magical coin and then looks like drowning in tears, I fall for him :wub:  I have a kind of weird idea that the more you are willing to sacrifice the more important it is to you ^_^ From the first eps of this drama, I know Joo Hyuk is type of character who will cause much controversy. He is not an ideal character model everyone loves. Even I myself couldn't say that I completely love him. But somehow, I want to be with him, for better and for worse ^_^

The reaction to Joo Hyuk has been kind of interesting to me. It's interesting to me because k-dramas have been full of chaebol jerks who treat everyone around them including their love interests terribly and don't behave much differently even after they are "redeemed" yet they are considered swoon-worthy by many viewers. Now, I agree with everything you said about Joo Hyuk and totally understand why he's controversial and not completely loveable. The reason I find him compelling is that unlike most of the chaebol jerks, I find him relatable even when I want to shake him. :D

20180826_091056.gif

On 8/24/2018 at 10:36 AM, randomlee said:

That scene is so poetic - walking down the alley physically and walking down memory lane where so many memories had been shared and never to be forgotten even when the realities had been changed- the memories that created a sense of familiarity, these remain woven and intact in the subconscious, as if they had been etched there by a cosmic force that is destiny. 

I love this scene too. And you made it more beautiful with your meaningful comment :wub: 

@qynn  can't agree more with you :D The characters of this drama are so real and relatable, like people we could meet in real life than fictional characters created by a writer. 

@fans123  Actually, I think you're right. Joo Hyuk tends to avoid problems than deal with it ^_^ That is the reason why he only recognizes the problems when it becomes clearer and serious.

11 hours ago, fans123 said:

Weird is he still works in the bank when there was a damn good position for him in HW's dad company... Why?

Joo Hyuk once mentioned it to Hye Won but she disapproved. She probably thinks he will turn the table on her once he earns more money or achieves higher social status because the best thing she can give him and his family is just money. 

I agree with most of you that the relationship between Joo Hyuk and Hye Won is very complicated. Although he begins to face it and try to make their marriage work, I think he probably will fail. Because he is not type of person who can live with the woman he doesn't love. He doesn't seem like fit her and her family's upper-class lifestyle with golf and steak either. 

1 hour ago, bluesoul7 said:

@fans123  Actually, I think you're right. Joo Hyuk tends to avoid problems than deal with it ^_^ That is the reason why he only recognizes the problems when it becomes clearer and serious.

Joo Hyuk once mentioned it to Hye Won but she disapproved. She probably thinks he will turn the table on her once he earns more money or achieves higher social status because the best thing she can give him and his family is just money. 

I agree with most of you that the relationship between Joo Hyuk and Hye Won is very complicated. Although he begins to face it and try to make their marriage work, I think he probably will fail. Because he is not type of person who can live with the woman he doesn't love. He doesn't seem like fit her and her family's upper-class lifestyle with golf and steak either. 

Yeah @bluesoul7, it's ridiculously childish the way I see it, he can't just keep running away from problem because chances is, he is gonna face the same problem again and he is gonna be running his whole life when problem arises. 

The part that he did not work in HW 's dad, she did mentioned that he was the one that rejected the position. I kinda feel that he wants to have something ...at least he owns by himself rather than living off her, it's a self confident thing. I know I wouldn't feel okay if I am JH. 

Even though the drama didn't show much on Hw and Jh relationship before this, overall with his family unhappiness with them, It doesn't give me the vibe that he is happily married to her. And he is doing the running away again by hanging out outside rather than going home to Hw, it's the exact same thing he did from previous marriage . 

Now that Hw started digging up his secret, I am eagerly to see how he face her off. I want him to face the problem and not running again.

I need Joo Hyuk to be honest with Hee Won. If he plans to let go of Woo Jin wholeheartedly, then he needs to pay attention to his wife and not neglect her. I feel bad for Hee Won. I know she's the 'villain' but I feel like she's being force to be one in order for us, viewers, to ship JH with WJ. I really hope she gets a good ending. 

My favorite scene from Episode 8 is their walkway during the alley, where JH apologizes to HW and wishes her happiness. And when they play that Roy Kim's ost, damn the feels. Kudos to Ji-Sung for playing Joo-Hyuk so well. If Joo Hyuk was to play by another other actor, I would probably hate the character Joo-Hyuk immensely. 

Based on the next preview, it looks like she'll remember the bus accident and that he was there. Maybe she'll think his apologize is because of that incident? 

In my perspective, i don't feel that the writer wants us to see hye won as the villain. I think the writer just wants to relay that not all pretty and nice outside is also pretty and nice inside. Sure hye won at first glance seems to be perfect but how about her values? Her character? Joo hyuk thinks that hye won at first will be his perfect wife and his life will be fabulous because of the status hye won has but he learned it the hard way. Woo jin is still the wife in his heart because it will only be woo jin who can love him and only him.

The power of zero is nicely explained in the dramabeans recap. Now joo hyuk understands why and how woo jin loves him. So hard to wait for wednesday:wub:

Just wanna say, i like stories on 2nd chance at love... and this seems to fit the bill....

Another one (old drama) running on cable now is Cunning Single Lady, didnt really watch it (i read the recaps after that, hahah)  - one of the earliest 2nd chances drama i saw was Queen of the Game with Joo Jin Mo... thought that was great   - and i just googled, and realized Lee Bo Young was the main actress on it - Jisung's wife :D - small world indeed... :)

21 hours ago, mimii89 said:

I need Joo Hyuk to be honest with Hee Won. If he plans to let go of Woo Jin wholeheartedly, then he needs to pay attention to his wife and not neglect her

If you talk about the situation which happens at the police station, I think Joo Hyuk only has two options:

1. He leaves Woo Jin there all alone even though she feels extremely anxious, afraid that she may never see her mother again AND she hasn't eaten all day.
  2. He stays with Woo Jin. Then he has to lie to Hye Won. There is no wife on the earth can understand such a situation as that.

"Why doesn't he call Jong Hoo instead?"

20180827_102253.gif

I don't want to argue about Joo Hyuk's choice is right or wrong. I just want to say that if I were him, I would do the same. I strongly believe that Joo Hyuk is worried about not only Woo Jin but also his mother-in-law herself.

20180827_105204.gif

@fans123 Sorry, I completely misremembered that scene :sweatingbullets: I should have rewatched it ^_^

18 minutes ago, bluesoul7 said:

If you talk about the situation which happens at the police station, I think Joo Hyuk only has two options:

1. He leaves Woo Jin there all alone even though she feels extremely anxious, afraid that she may never see her mother again AND she hasn't eaten all day.
  2. He stays with Woo Jin. Then he has to lie to Hye Won. There is no wife on the earth can understand such a situation as that.

"Why doesn't he call Jong Hoo instead?"

Even if a wife cannot understand the situation, I think it's better than him lying about it. In my opinion, honesty, trust, and communication are what makes a relationship stronger. Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin had poor communication in the previous timeline; hence the broken marriage. In this time, Joo Hyuk and Hye Won also has poor communication and now they're dealing with deception. That trust that Hye Won has for Joo Hyuk is gone. In my opinion, Joo Hyuk shouldn't have interfere at all. He's no longer the 'son-in-law' and 'husband'. He's now a co-worker in this timeline. He should have called Jong Hoo. Because, afterall, Woo Jin and Jong Hoo are dating in this timeline and it's more appropriate for Jong Hoo to help. 

2 hours ago, bluesoul7 said:

@fans123 Sorry, I completely misremembered that scene :sweatingbullets: I should have had rewatched it ^_^

No worries :P, actually reason I question is not for anyone to answer but just to have some deep thoughts on these points:

1.game console

2.rejected Hw's dad job offer

3.his family not happy with him and Hw. 

Anyway you can rewatched it back, it's on ep. 3, the scene time at around  1:02:00 onwards. 

The scene where his yummy body soak in bath tub lmao:joy:

fvEcciB.gif

Oh I can't wait for the coming episodes. Speaking of Pali... Pali... reminds me of the scene below....hahahaha :sweat_smile::joy:

6Bu4U1C.gif

8 hours ago, mimii89 said:

Even if a wife cannot understand the situation, I think it's better than him lying about it. In my opinion, honesty, trust, and communication are what makes a relationship stronger. Joo Hyuk and Woo Jin had poor communication in the previous timeline; hence the broken marriage. In this time, Joo Hyuk and Hye Won also has poor communication and now they're dealing with deception. That trust that Hye Won has for Joo Hyuk is gone. In my opinion, Joo Hyuk shouldn't have interfere at all. He's no longer the 'son-in-law' and 'husband'. He's now a co-worker in this timeline. He should have called Jong Hoo. Because, afterall, Woo Jin and Jong Hoo are dating in this timeline and it's more appropriate for Jong Hoo to help. 

I also have mentioned this before in my previous post but there are some loose translations in the scene where jong hoo told joo hyuk that he will be visiting his sick mother. On dramafever subs, jong hoo said that he will not be able to see woo jin because he needs to visit his mother and it seems that his parents place is far from seoul. Even joo hyuk said that you have chosen your mom first before woo jin. So i am thinking that joo hyuk might have considered jong hoo but he knows that he will not be available. And in those situations, his heart have governed before his head. He knows woo jin needs someone and i can't blame him if he puts her first before hye won because he still loves her and his MIL:)

Woo jin seems to know the man:o i am thinking that this man have the same experience as joo hyuk so he will be helping him and woo jin find their lost love and happiness. Pali pali wednesday:wub:

12 hours ago, mimii89 said:

Saying stuff like this is just ignorant hes been with his new wife barely any time compared to his actual wife.. and he is still a son in law and husband because his heart never really changed from them to Hye Won. 

20180828_001347.gif

I used to wonder why Woo Jin always looked like so angry and frustrated. Of course, the main reason is she had to work and take care of everything by herself. But I always think that there is something hidden behind. And in ep 7, through what her mother talked to Joo Hyuk, I know that it's kind of her personality.

"She's pretty stubborn that she's hardly shown her feelings to others since she was young. When she can't handle it, she holds grudges inside and throws a fit instead".

Well, it pretty matched with what I saw and thought about her in original timeline. In addition, she certainly loves Joo Hyuk to death. There is a saying that "Too much of anything is bad". It really is. It's like she gave up everything for him, her career, her youth, her hobby ...vvv then he has to do the same for her. That's reason why she went so mad about the game console but I guess she never understands how it means to him. She always talks about how she wants to love only one person like her mother did. And probably, she wants to have a happy family like hers. But she is not her mother and Joo Hyuk is not her dad. If she still holds that unrealistic expectations, she will never feel satisfied. Well, since it belongs to her nature, I want to see how the writer's gonna fix it and make their marriage works.

Archived