[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

I can't remember Wj's dad story much. 

His death is proven or was assumed dead due to his disappearance? 

:sweatingbullets:I have this crazy thoughts that the homeless guy is her dad, his messy looks maybe hard to recognise? 

Most of the people changed accept the mom and dad story. 

Do you guys feel weird? 

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Wotad He knew it was a permanent switch that's why he went back the second time and made sure he avoid WJ and go on the date with HW.  He even bid her goodbye after the bus incident.  I don't see JH with any of these ladies. Frankly, I don't ship him with any of these ladies. I feel bad for these ladies. 

Episode 9 in less than one hour:wub:i hope subs will be out early as usual. The hospital scenes with the in laws will be fun and touching i think. I wonder how is woo jin with her in laws in the past timeline. I hope they show some glimpse of it:)

15 minutes ago, Wotad said:

Guy standing up is cute as hell who does he play in this drama i have not been watching for a while im waiting to binge ;p

Wotad, i have zero idea.  Maybe others here can help... is he the security guard?

16 hours ago, fans123 said:

I think they are 4 kids in total that cease to exist including Jongho's :sweatingbullets:. But this timeline granted with 1 or 2 kids(can't remember) from Jh's sis marriage.

Those who keep bringing up his two children have conveniently forgotten that J Hoo was married with twins.  That is four kids that were not born, that do not exist in this timeline.  I do not think that J Hyuk thought that far in advance when he altered his destiny.   He only thought that life would not be as hard as it was at that time if he made another choice.

As I look at this drama, I wonder how many people, if they could, would opt to go back in time to change their circumstances?  That is why I am not hard on HJ, for leaving his wife and children, not treating his wife well, and any other infraction he has committed.  The drama explores What If and I love the premise.   It also shows us the repercussions of not choosing your destined path.  As I stated in one of my first posts... you never miss the water until the well runs dry.  Once HJ chose another path, he realized how much he loved his wife, what made him love her, his failure to be there when she needed him, and his contribution to the failure of his marriage.  Great drama.

1 hour ago, Carmarie said:

Those who keep bringing up his two children have conveniently forgotten that JH was married with twins.  That is four kids that were not born, that do not exist in this timeline.  I do not think that JH thought that far in advance when he altered his destiny.   

Probably because the focus are more on Jh and Wj besides there were no scene showing Jong Hoo's children only verbal conversation through Jong Hoo and Jo Hyuk buddy talks :sweatingbullets:

Its much easier to remember if they show it on scene I think. 

Joo Hyuk certainly never think far ahead of everything. All he thinks about is work and he thought he is struggling the worst for his work. Wj made it possible for him to work by making herself a living hell. I don't see Wj had the time to sit down chit chatting with colleagues or friends. Look at their fridge with all the prepack food? I don't think she love herself enough to cook for her own meal. 

Joo Hyuk didn't pay any attention to 3 of them wife+2 kids, therefore they were less important to him, not even Jong Hoo and his kids.

He probably felt cheated or the coin was a clickbait:lol:  since the 1st trial crossed over was shown to him only the earlier part. Even after he knew he lost his 2 child, never once cross his mind that his buddy's children were gone too. 

I just can't watch Wj in pain. 

Joo Hyuk rejected her dad's  yearly memorial prayer, there was a year when she was pregnant, her hand was holding her bulgy stomach in pain but still dealing with it. 

When they were young, he never understood why she would took part time instead of study, as if she likes it so much to do part time. In every condition it just doesn't favours her whole life.

I really wish she stays single. 

Okay, I had binge-watched today's episode, and I am seriously not liking Joo Hyuk at this point. He is so confused and messed up. I think Woo Jin having completely remembered all the happenings in the original timeline would just be too cringy. Having patches of dreams is acceptable but remembering them all? Please, just don't. And Jong Hoo, step-up the game, will you?

There is one thing I'm very certain about Joo Hyuk: he always follows his heart wherever it may takes him to. And I see he's going to head halfway for the hell when he almost loses everything in this current timeline if he keeps neglecting Hye Won and caring for Woo Jin and her mother. But he can't help himself. I think his life in this timeline would be much easier if he was emotionally detached 83.gif It's funny that he got so disappointed when Woo Jin threw his games console into the bath tub but now I guess even ten games console can't change his mood. Well, sometimes the dream life is not what we really want  21.gif

P/S:  OMG, are they going to divorce? I don't think it happens that quickly 12.gif

11 hours ago, randomlee said:
AGREE!!! JiSung is really nailing it as an ordinary salaried Korean husband who was insensitive but unaware of it. But like @bluesoul7 I still like JH - all due to JiSung’s powerful acting which makes it impossible to “hate” the character. His excellent emotive acting makes me sympathize with JH in many ways hehe:D I’d say this - heroes don’t exist in real life. In real life, men like JH is quite the norm. If you have one like JH who loves his wife and is fundamentally kind and faithful and is capable of self-reflection and therefore self-improvement, he already deserves to be loved. What needs to be fixed is communication which takes two for it to work. WJ has a part to play in this; she needs to communicate her needs to JH and she needs to “educate” him. Men can be quite dense in understanding unspoken feelings and needs. I am a married woman and I will say that good husbands are sometimes “educated” to be good by their wives. As long as the fundamentals are there, good men can be “educated” to become good husbands.:)

Great points and I completely agree. I don't dislike his character at all. I feel like I'm actually watching a real person rather than a drama character. If we're honest with ourselves, we have our selfish tendencies too and we're not "always" kind or unselfish but I'm sure we don't think of ourselves as "undeserving" people that others that we hurt or love should forsake. I empathize with JH because he's fundamentally a good person who made very serious mistakes. At least now he has recognized his fault in the deterioration of his marriage. He's regretting his hasty, uninformed, immature choice to change timelines and now that he knows there is no way to change it, he's at least trying to do the right thing for WJ by truly accepting their fate in the new timeline. I don't know what their future holds, but I did like that he came to the conclusion that he should genuinely wish for her happiness in this timeline and let her and their past go. 

30 minutes ago, bluesoul7 said:

There is one thing I'm very certain about Joo Hyuk: he always follows his heart wherever it may takes him to. And I see he's going to head halfway for the hell when he almost loses everything in this current timeline if he keeps neglecting Hye Won and caring for Woo Jin and her mother. But he can't help himself. I think his life in this timeline would be much easier if he was emotionally detached 83.gif It's funny that he got so disappointed when Woo Jin threw his games console into the bath tub but now I guess even ten games console can't change his mood. Well, sometimes the dream life is not what we really want  21.gif

P/S:  OMG, are they going to divorce? I don't think it happens that quickly 12.gif

I hope the promo isn't misleading and they divorce, for both their sakes. Woo Jin aside, Joo Hyuk and Hye Won just do not fit, and I don't see anything changing that. I think the timing makes sense if Woo Jin also gets her memory back as that means Joo Hyuks whole world comes crashing down at once. 

image.png

A homeless man who gave a medal to him, I guess in the past he had changed something in the past, and then it affected his present. I guess that in the past, he must be a very wealthy person. He chose to change the impact to the present, making him a poor homeless. He can not return to the past, he must accept the fate he chose.

13 minutes ago, qynn said:

I hope the promo isn't misleading and they divorce, for both their sakes. Woo Jin aside, Joo Hyuk and Hye Won just do not fit, and I don't see anything changing that. I think the timing makes sense if Woo Jin also gets her memory back as that means Joo Hyuks whole world comes crashing down at once. 

I think WJ has to get her memories back for any proper resolution to this story whether good or bad for JH. I hope it’s soon because I would really like to see her side of the story. 

I agree that JH and HW really do not suit each other but although divorces can be messy, I hope if JH and HW are really headed there that it will not be treated as a light matter. In other words, I don’t want to see JH treating this marriage like it didn’t matter. 

10 minutes ago, qynn said:

I hope the promo isn't misleading and they divorce, for both their sakes. Woo Jin aside, Joo Hyuk and Hye Won just do not fit, and I don't see anything changing that. 

I don't know but I don't really support the idea they'll divorce. Yes, they don't fit but I think it will be better if the writer resolves this mess by one time-travel trip. So much easier, right? 20.gif  

P/S: But I do hope I guess right about the preview this time. How fool am I before! 16.gif

2 hours ago, fans123 said:

Agreed with most of this but i dont wish for her to stay single they clearly love each other even in this timeline.

1 hour ago, janinenana said:

Okay, I had binge-watched today's episode, and I am seriously not liking Joo Hyuk at this point. He is so confused and messed up. I think Woo Jin having completely remembered all the happenings in the original timeline would just be too cringy. Having patches of dreams is acceptable but remembering them all? Please, just don't. And Jong Hoo, step-up the game, will you?

Its called familiar wife Jong Hoo wont end up with WJ.

1 hour ago, bluesoul7 said:

He should neglect  Hye Won and dump her/divorce her shes not worth his time.

If he was emotionally detached there would be no point of the drama.

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

I think WJ has to get her memories back for any proper resolution to this story whether good or bad for JH. I hope it’s soon because I would really like to see her side of the story. 

I agree that JH and HW really do not suit each other but although divorces can be messy, I hope if JH and HW are really headed there that it will not be treated as a light matter. In other words, I don’t want to see JH treating this marriage like it didn’t matter. 

His marriage to HW did not matter .. 

1 hour ago, bluesoul7 said:

I don't know but I don't really support the idea they'll divorce. Yes, they don't fit but I think it will be better if the writer resolves this mess by one time-travel trip. So much easier, right? 20.gif  

P/S: But I do hope I guess right about the preview this time. How fool am I before! 16.gif

They need to divorce its the only thing that makes sense,.

I have lurked here reading thoughts the past few weeks mainly due to interest in others insight, and while I have my own opinions on the marriage/friendship of our OTP, I am not married and thought I would gleam from others. Everyone has brought a lot of insight into the interesting turn of events between JH and WJ, as well as how it has affected everyone around them. I will instead offer a few thoughts on them as people and individuals.

If nothing else, JH should know by now that he was a terrible husband. Is he a good person, yes. Was he a hard worker at the bank, yes. But, his neglect of his wife and kids made him miss out on so many things with his family. It also lessened his role at home. It is hard to be respected and loved on when you're never around. Then, when you are present, you want to spend it away from everyone. I honestly felt the video game was okay. Everyone needs something cathartic to get them through and keep them grounded mentally and emotionally. Like someone pointed out, he was running away from responsibility, inconvenience and being an actual father and husband. He kept choosing his job and he still was struggling at work. I think marriage is often sold to men as something they have to tolerate. All they have to do is provide, and leave EVERYTHING else up to the wife, but that isn't marriage at all. He might as well be a sugar daddy. You have to be present and involved. 

WJ was naive. She had this fairy tale image of marriage. She fell for JH and saw that he was kind and then she set her sights on him and landed him with laser-like focus. Then once she got him and they settled in and started having kids, etc., she became miserable because it didn't live up to the fairy tale. She should have experienced being married for a while before becoming a mom. She should have thought about who she is as a woman, and what her goals and dreams are first. Initially, she was miserable because she had a life that she didn't want. She was doing everything alone and felt like a single mom. Korea does not seem to be set up for "working mothers". She had a husband, but they weren't rich. She had to work too. And with two small children, that made things unbearably hard. She also needs to learn how to communicate better. The current WJ seems better at communicating than her previous self. Communication is key. That way JH can know what his wife needs and not constantly neglect and then have to apologize. I think even if she gets her memories back, she may not choose to go back to her old life. Loving someone a lot isn't always enough. She may not like who she was when she was with him.

@nubianlegalmind, love your post. I don’t think going back to the old life is an option now for either WJ or JH. JH at least is now very much aware of his failings as a husband and I hope that this changes him as a person and a husband to whomever he is married or will marry. I would also like WJ to get her memories back too because I’m sure there are some things too that she can learn about herself.

Is it really all him??? Did WJ have any culpability in the marriage?  I think so as @nubianlegalmind pointed out,  "She should have experienced being married for a while before becoming a mom. She should have thought about who she is as a woman, and what her goals and dreams are first." 

I think both of them were naive and expected different things from the marriage, that is why I hope that the writer shows LW her mistakes also.  There is blame to go around, but in their hearts, they still love it other.  I am in the minority because I think the original marriage should be saved.  I think the writer is affirming that marriage is hard work and it takes both parties to make it successful.  Once they both get on the same page, learn how to communicate with each other, listen to each other and find a few previous minutes together each day the marriage will be better.  They will still face problems, but they will face them together.

I am fighting for HJ because, I think he has grown as a person and as a man.  Since WJ was the recipient of his neglect, shouldn't she be the recipient of his growth as a man and husband and enjoy the fruits of his new found wisdom?  They don't necessarily have to go back to 2006, they can find happiness in this current time line.  It is not too late to start that family.

I am glad that in this timeline she also works in the bank.  When she looks back on their marriage, she will better understand why he did certain things and the stress of his job. Great move writer.

Archived