[Drama 2018] Familiar Wife, 아는 와이프

Go Seung Ji

He did know what kind of person he was :joy:

20180817_214214.gif

Well, there is a saying like this " You're really crazy only if you don't know you're crazy" (actually, it's my words :lol:). So, Joo Hyuk is not really bad as he thought. It is kind of weird that I tended to sympathize with his feeling than criticize his behaviors. I could feel his heart although it doesn't mean I support his actions. Furthermore, it's always so much easier to realize your mistake when looking back on your past or from others'point of view. That is reason why he (we) sometimes felt regret for what he had done even though he thought he tried his best at this time. 

1 hour ago, celebrianna said:

When I see how well they got along before marriage, I really wonder where it all went wrong

Should we believe that marriage is the grave of love? :sweatingbullets:

• Replies 954
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Wotad said:

You act like divorcing takes a day to do but i suppose if he thinks he can never return to other timeline he should do that.

I am not a supporter of quick divorce without doing everything to save a marriage. But I don't consider what he has with the current wife as a relationship. A relationship is 2 sided. It demands communication, love and most importantly respect. He cannot stay in a relationship "just because he has to." Marriages don't succeed that way. To the outside world, it might seem like they are together, but inside the house that would be extremely difficult and burdening on the soul. 

He definitely cannot look at Hye-Won as his wife. He is unable to shower her with love or affection because of the chaos he is in. He needs time to settle in, time to sort his feelings. I don't think he will be able to take his loyalty away from Woo-Jin. It is too early for that. So he won't be able to work on Hye-Won's relationship. 

He should talk to Hye-Won but would she be able to believe all this time travel? No. He can ask for time apart. But that would be looked down upon in many Asian countries. 

I would have been nice if he was single but he is married in this timeline and he has some expectations as a husband. Since his heart is not with Hye-Won, at least he can free her from this marriage and let her discover her life. He can also free himself from this confusion. 

If he cannot marry WJ in this timeline, I would still say he needs to divorce HW because he cannot give his heart to HW. That's not fair for her or for him. 

3 hours ago, bluesoul7 said:

Should we believe that marriage is the grave of love? :sweatingbullets:

Marriage requires more work than  the love/dating phase. But most people have it backwards and that's why it can be the grave of love for many.  

5 hours ago, ravairie said:

What I would like to see  at the end is he goes back to his real reality and make amends to his wife. Work together and communicate to fix their marriage. Since he is still in love with her and knows now why they fall apart, they need to be honest with each other, spend time together and help each other.  I would love to see them happy and the end with their cute children. 

But I also want Woo-Jin to remember so they can have the big confrontation about him choosing this alternate reality and  both can decide if they want to turn back.

The alternate reality is to make him realize their fault and  to remember their wonderful memories back then. 

I think HJM said it well on her interview. 

People said he choose this reality but i totally disagree you act like he had a choice and picked this new life i dont see it like that at all.

I dont think he knew that it would be permanent. 

At this time, Joo Hyuk began to realize and blame himself for being the one who hurt Woo Jin at the time she was suffering psychologically. Now his life is busy, confusing, difficult. Hope he does not make Hye Won sad:( if she realizes that he is reacting to Woo Jin. She would not be happy with Woo Jin if she knew he was interested but Woo jin. For Woo Jin, I think. She is not wrong And she realized that he had a wife. I thought she was trying not to be close to him. The more she was estranged from him. He will suffer more. The solution for him. He had to return to the timeline where he came from and Woo Jin, she had no one except her mother. She is waiting for him. Preview Episode 7 feels that he will get a $ 1 coin to return to the past. I'm not sure if he will go back. Hope he can handle everything. To not affect both Woo Jin and Hye Won, but it is not easy for him. :sweatingbullets:

2 hours ago, Wotad said:

People said he choose this reality but i totally disagree you act like he had a choice and picked this new life i dont see it like that at all.

I dont think he knew that it would be permanent. 

But he did choose to pick a new life, he knows what will be the changed if he didn't help WJ in that bus and not to be late with his date with HW. That's why he was so happy when he woke up with HW in bed :joy: but the thing he did not expect is destiny playing with him by bringing WJ closer to him again.  Now his regretting his reckless decision since he realized that he is still in love with her and he is now trying to go back if he had a chance. For me his redemption will be for him to go back to his original reality and be a great husband and father (poor kids, he totally forgot about them when he changed his destiny). For sure it will not be that easier to go back.

47 minutes ago, nidcha202 said:

At this time, Joo Hyuk began to realize and blame himself for being the one who hurt Woo Jin at the time she was suffering psychologically. Now his life is busy, confusing, difficult. Hope he does not make Hye Won sad:( if she realizes that he is reacting to Woo Jin. She would not be happy with Woo Jin if she knew he was interested but Woo jin. For Woo Jin, I think. She is not wrong And she realized that he had a wife. I thought she was trying not to be close to him. The more she was estranged from him. He will suffer more. The solution for him. He had to return to the timeline where he came from and Woo Jin, she had no one except her mother. She is waiting for him. Preview Episode 7 feels that he will get a $ 1 coin to return to the past. I'm not sure if he will go back. Hope he can handle everything. To not affect both Woo Jin and Hye Won, but it is not easy for him. :sweatingbullets:

Hye Won looks to be about to start cheating who cares if he hurts her at this point .. why would she be sad when she clearly does not care about him. 

29 minutes ago, ravairie said:

But he did choose to pick a new life, he knows what will be the changed if he didn't help WJ in that bus and not to be late with his date with HW. That's why he was so happy when he woke up with HW in bed :joy: but the thing he did not expect is destiny playing with him by bringing WJ closer to him again.  Now his regretting his reckless decision since he realized that he is still in love with her and he is now trying to go back if he had a chance. For me his redemption will be for him to go back to his original reality and be a great husband and father (poor kids, he totally forgot about them when he changed his destiny). For sure it will not be that easier to go back.

Actually i dont think he did pick a new life and he was happy for like a split second , do you not remember him doing this then returning?

He most likely wanted to see what would happen then quickly return like before he did not really have a choice or knew that it would be permanent.

1 hour ago, Wotad said:

Actually i dont think he did pick a new life and he was happy for like a split second , do you not remember him doing this then returning?

He most likely wanted to see what would happen then quickly return like before he did not really have a choice or knew that it would be permanent.

I think the moment he knew he can alter his life is by going back to the past and changing his action was when he visited his friend and he was shocked that his friend’s mother  was alive because before the time travelling started that mother was dead. You remember the scar on his hand that he got by the motorcycle accident after the time travel? That was not supposed to be him but the mother of his friend. So by that point he knew he can actually alter his life and he choose to do it. 

Anyway, hopefully the writer can surprise and give us a great ending. I wonder how JH will be redeemed.

JiSung is really a great and versatile actor. I always watch his dramas. Of course I love Han Ji Min since Rooftop Prince. :) I’m glad they worked together in this drama. 

1 minute ago, ravairie said:

I think the moment he knew he can alter his life is by going back to the pass and changing his action was when he visited his friend and he was shocked that his friend’s mother  was alive because before the time travelling started that mother was dead. You remember the scar on his hand that he got by the motorcycle accident after the time travel? That was not supposed to be him but the mother of his friend. So by that point he knew he can actually alter his life and he choose to do it. 

Alter maybe change to a whole another life im not sure.

I love this bromance :wub:

20180818_063127.gif

"It's not easy to meet such a good friend once you graduate college and start working" - Woo Jin. This is one of the main reasons why I don't support the idea Joo Hyuk should divorce Hye Won and come with Woo Jin. Because it will harm not only their bromance but also his relationships with all the most important people to him. And I probably couldn't see super funny and cute scenes between them like this anymore :( Furthermore, I don't dare to imagine how terribly Hye Won will rage if Joo Hyuk left her for any woman. Then her father will take revenge on him :sweatingbullets: But the key point is we have the magical coins. Why we have to complicate matters? :lol:

On 8/17/2018 at 6:45 AM, qynn said:

My prediction is that JH will decide to let WJ go and commit to HW, however, and then WJ's memories come into play dun dun dun.

I love your idea. Since the ep 7 preview showed that Joo Hyuk found the old man and begged for a chance to go back but the old man said to him "Just wish her happiness", I think that he will decide to stay in the current timeline because he saw how extremely happy Woo Jin is now. That will definitely make him suffer even more, his heart will break into pieces. Then Woo Jin's memories come into play dun dun dun :lol:

bts is cute as always:wub: come on tvn, only 1 bts per 2 episodes. Can you be more generous lol. also, i hope they will release ost mv's. I'm looking forward to roy kim's you're no longer mine ost, they only played a little bit but it sounds so beautiful. It seems forever to wait for wed:)

Guest ireumimolla

Noticed this in the latest making video... When the director suggested to Ji Sung to react to HJM's line, his first try got rejected (too many LOLs), but seems like they used that reaction in the end in the episode? Hahaha.:D:D:D

tumblr_pdnxghE3601r2z6o5o2_500.gif

Rehearsal:

tumblr_pdnxghE3601r2z6o5o4_r2_500.gif

Actual:

giphy.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_pdnxghE3601r2z6o5o1_500.giftumblr_pdnxghE3601r2z6o5o3_500.gif

@fans123that was funny lol. I think he already knows what he wants and what he have lost but sad to say it is already too late. He needs to suffer the consequences of what he has done. I am sure even if woo jin is drawn to him, she will not dare to involve herself with a married man. So she will be giving jong hoo a chance. But as someone mentioned, her dreams and memories of him will play a big part. Wednesday pali pali:wub:

On 8/17/2018 at 7:47 PM, ravairie said:

@ravairie, you are correct.  He did choose the new path in life.  It actually took him a couple of attempts to do it too.  He wanted Hye Won and the life he could have with her.  I also agree that he was happy when Hye Won was in the bed with him and with all the fancy trappings that came along with her. 

He later realized that although he wanted this new life, it also came with problems.  Hye Won was not sensitive or caring of him or his parents.  She is pretty selfish and only wants what she wants.  If he doesn't do what she wants she talks divorce.  Then when you add the complication of Woo Jin entering the picture it makes it difficult.  JH is now able to see a different perspective on things and is realizing that he is partly to blame for the downfall of his marriage to Woo Jin.  He was selfish and didn't take the time to listen to her when she really needed him and his support.  She became angry and overwhelmed with life the same as he did.  Personally, I don't blame her.  What good is a husband if he is never there for you and the family when you need him.  I know he had his own issues and problems with work but if they had both communicated with each other they could have found comfort in each other.   A husband and wife should be to there to support each other through the good and bad times. 

I am hoping that through this time travel thing he will learn how to be a better person/husband.  I know he will not be stuck there and will somehow return to Woo Jin.  I really don't care for Hye Won and her spoiled rich girl attitude, and she has already become bored with the relationship with JH and is playing with fire with a student.  She will get her just deserts if he falls for Woo Jin in the new timeline.  

All Good Things Must Come To An End

20180818_231935.gif

While we're in a good relationship, we think it will last forever. But all good things must come to an end. Why? Because things change every day, our jobs, our life, our circumstances.... So we have to adapt ourselves to the new "world". Actually, they changed. He was no longer the man she wanted to be with in the day her dad passed away. Now he just likes anyone else, so she couldn't cry in front of him. But also, she was no longer the woman who put him at the top of her priority, even before herself. Now she just likes other two-kid-mothers who are willing to shut anyone up if they dare to wake up her little kids. How do we expect our relationship will be the same while we actually changed ourselves? And you know, high expectations will lead to great disappointments. Therefore, we had to accept the truth that now our relationship is no longer the same. But it doesn't mean we don't love each other anymore. Now we love each other in different way, maybe in more difficult and less romantic way but deep and sustainable way. They have gone too far apart from their common road. But I believe they will always find the way to come back. Because I know they always want to come back. 

Spoiler

Archived