[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, LaxClyne said:

Aweee a lot of good spoilers :love:  BGG x DH scene, their family pic so sweet  :love: Im excited for the scenes but I dont want it to end :bawling:

Hmm so they changed it to Fox Den instead of Taichen Palace where FJ should be sleeping..

Done with 41 & 42. :love: 

DH implied with his 'wherever you go, I'll stay by your side' line that he'll let FJ 'drive' their life. Seems like he was really bored all those years he decided to let a daredevil like FJ give him 'headaches' :joy::love:

I hope with ELOD, Vengo could get roles that will show his strength and hone it better. His crazy CY is commendable and of course his DH-ish acting is his strength even if he was not the best actor in the field his DH portrayal is remarkable and he owns it. 

Dilraba is already a star in her own, hope for the best for her too. :heart:

Just wondering though, how famous is Reba? Is she like the top actress? Or like superstar? 

Tbh, in the ELOD i find most people only talk about vengo. At least in this forum. Is she like super famous? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bertrande said:

It's funnier when spoken in Mandarin but this is the rough content of the clip.

BY: Speaking of this marriage, Dijun has seen countless female fairies over the millennia, why do you choose our FJ of all of them?

DH: I fell in love at first sight with her. [all look surprised]

FJ: [thinking to herself] Dijun's ability to spout nonsense is getting really good

BY: My daughter is a little mischievous by nature, to get Dijun's affection is really Qingqiu's fortune. Now that's she's ascended to the throne of the East lands, she's after all young and inexperienced so I hope Dijun will help her in all things.

DH: Naturally. But High God, you don't have to be worried, Xiaobai is extremely capable, whether in big things like fighting demons or small things like her culinary skills, she's outstanding.

Mother: Culinary skills?

DH: Yes. Xiaobai's sweet sour fish is especially good. I like it very much.

Mother: Yes it's true, apart from that, her [she lists some dishes] are all very good. Whatever Dijun feels like eating, just feel free to tell her in future.

DH: Good [meaning Ok, I will]

FJ: Mother, I'm not a cook and anyway it's not like the Nine Heavens are short of cooks...

BY: [clears throat] When does Dijun intend to conduct the wedding?

DH: This matter has been on my heart for a while.We ought to have come to QIngqiu the moment we left Fanyin Valley but I've heard that the requirements for choosing a son-in-law in Qingqiu are very strict. Xiaobai is worried that someone like me will not meet the criteria of the elders and is hesitant, so I was also not sure whether to come and visit.

BY: Not fulfil..what? [looking at his wife]

DH: Err...Xiaobai is worried that I...don't fulfil the criteria to be a son-in-law in Qingqiu, not being from a good family going by 3 generations and also not wielding power of any substance. However, as of present, since the whole world now knows I am a son-in-law of Qingqiu, anyway, even if I don't meet the criteria, I ask that Qingqiu relent on this point.

You sir, are my hero. :heart: Thank you

• Like 6

1 hour ago, SGahjumma said:

Haha, I just finished till Ep52, there was a part in Ep 51, when FJ completed her sword box, but she can’t fall asleep, so she sat up and drew the house that she previously wanted to build but with extra rooms. DH woke up and ask why she drew 3 rooms, which FJ said one for you just in case when we quarrel, you have no place to sleep. FJ ask DH how many rooms that he wanted for their children, DH said no of rooms means the no of children they have. They continued discussion until DH cheesey said let’s go to sleep now so that we can have our little foxes, haha...:D

Omg Dijun HAHAHAHHAAHA your lustful self is so funny! He can't wait to get on the bed with his Xiaobai! :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

32 minutes ago, They Sick said:

Just wondering though, how famous is Reba? Is she like the top actress? Or like superstar? 

Tbh, in the ELOD i find most people only talk about vengo. At least in this forum. Is she like super famous? 

I think Reba is more famous in Vengo in China. 

I finished watching the raws. I am satisfied with the overall drama. I know some were not happy with the lack of passionate kisses for the last part of drama, but I think it is more realistic that DJ kisses FJ on the forehead. DJ/Vengo is so tall, I imagine it must be back breaking for him to try and kiss FJ/Reba on the lips when they are standing.

I also really liked how they included BGG in the end. The couple were loving towards each other, yet focused on their son. 

If I didnt misheard it, I found it highly amusing when BGG turned around and saw his parents in an affectionate position. His comment was "parent are being affectionate again". Sounds like a common scene that BGG sees.

• Like 7
  • Love 3

I blitzed through the raws using what little bit of mandarin I remember from college, what I've gleaned from watching cdramas, and my memory of the novel lol. So far I am happy with what they've done. Though I need the eng translation to fully understand. I didnt cry as much, but I know I'll cry even more later when I understand everything that was said. I'm not as sad that it's over, but maybe bc I can just rewatch it. I'm going to miss this forum so much though! I'll have to peak in here every now and again to see what ya'll are up to after the hype of the finale dies down. Vengo has a lot of projects in the works, so I'm interested to see what they turn out to be like. Thanks so much for accompanying me through this! I enjoyed this drama 1,000x more bc of chatting with you all. Can't wait til is fully subbed for everyone.

• Like 11

Just finished ep.56 Happy with everything (just wish we actually got  to see their kisses:kiss_closed: then the cameras can pan away:lol:). Being human I want more:innocent: I would settle for one more episode with family and friends or a longer episode. Now I'm going to back track on all comments, videos, translations pics, and all gifts. I THANK YOU ALL in this form  it has been a life raft in the ocean that is the Pillow Book and I'll be hanging on pass the end of its existence. :heart:

• Like 10

I have been too busy with school and work lately so i stopped at ep 23. I will likely finish the series during spring break. Reba looks gorgeous though in the blue wedding dress. Excited because I see all the spoilers :D

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Miljenko1708 said:

Where do you watch ep in english?

i think im going to watch this drama so many times after it finishes..I watched so many korean and chinese dramas but this is No 1 for sure!!!

Episodes are only subbed up until episode 44, but you need pay to be a VIP, I dl Tencent's WeTv App to watch. Eng sub will be available through to ep 48 on Saturday for VIP.

• Like 2

Still haven't watched 44-56 but I'm moving with the Eng subs. When done, I'll go back and re-read all the comments cause I've missed some for sure. So, whoever is running slow - please feel free to comment and keep me entertained. I think I'll miss the thread more than PB :D

• Like 5

*My thoughts and confessions after completing both the series.

I just finished binge watching all the remaining 8 episodes till the end. Sitting in my seat for 8 hours without getting up shows how much I love these two characters. 2 years back, I watched TMOPB because of DH & FJ. But it was DH's character and looks that caught my attention. I like FJ too, especially her persistent and cute nature. I found their first meeting epic. Donghua looked super cool and I imagine myself to be Fengjiu. :wub:

As for Yehua and Bai Qian,  their story was interesting too but it was more like a bonus side story for me. Oh yes, I like their steamy scenes, Ali's scenes and whenever I get to see Bai Qian's badass side. Also, the previous Zheyan  was quite interesting too (the new cast in ELOD looks too young. Zheyan, if what I read up on him is not wrong , he should be around the age of FJ's grandfather.) Anyway, since TMOPB was the first Chinese drama that I watched and as the plot was written quite well, I got addicted to it after coming across a few clips on Facebook by chance. But the timing was really not good. I was binge watching it continuously for 3 days during my exam without ever stepping out of my room and without getting any sleep. I lost track of time completely and ended up missing one paper which I have to write it next month . :sweatingbullets: 

But this time, I'm quite fortunate as I have nothing much to do (which also explains why I am active almost 24/7 on  this thread). I am glad that ELOD got released during my free days and I am so happy to see Donghua & Fengjiu again. But what made me happiest the most was that I got to see Donghua kissing Fengjiu many times( I had hoped and prayed for DH to give a proper kiss on the lips to FJ atleast once in TMOPB). Their first proper and rolling on the bed kiss was my favourite and I was so surprised. I rewatched that scene many times.Even the second kiss where DH took the initiative and gave an open mouth kiss to FJ before putting her to sleep made me feel envious of FJ.

Hahaha... I wish I were in their world. I wanted to marry CangYi too. :rolleyes: Such a fine gentleman. I felt a little sad when Fengjiu rejected him and destroyed his palace. 

I enjoy watching Fengjiu+Siming cute scenes, Liansong & Donghua's interactions and Yan Chiwu's cute and stupid nature and the way he walks. 

Ali's acting was good but his/her voice sounded quite irritating. (I think I have mentioned this before in one of my comments).

Lastly, I am so glad that they included Bai Gungun- the fruit of Donghua&Fengjiu's love for each other. He is such a cutie and his voice sounds so adorable. I wanted to squeeze his cheeks when he said to Donghua that he was so good-looking. I am pretty sure that Donghua must be so proud of himself for his goodlooks after hearing what his son  said. 

That's all I wanted to say for now. 

This chat thread is something that I always look forward to everytime I open my eyes. It's getting very late here. I need to get some sleep. Goodnight, everyone ! 

• Like 16

I stopped at ep 50 cause I am too tired. But cannot wait for the rest of the episodes! And all those titbits you all shared is so cute. 

I will definitely miss this thread, it was like my daily news thread on the show and all the discussion were insightful & interesting.

I hope it brought new fans to Vengo and Reba and they both gain more popularity.  Let's also watch it on the official channels so we help them in their ratings.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, haylyne said:

I'm looking for the boat scenes, but nothing show! I think a lot of scene from what they posting is cutted. :bawling:

I haven't finished watching everything but based on the Episodes that the scene should have appeared, you are right, it isn't there. I think with the cuts, it was a choice; either QingQiu (where the boat scene amidst the lotus plants are) vs the holy Blue Sea (where the final scene of the family together was shown). It seems a more logical choice to choose the holy Blue Sea because that is where FJ used the word 'home' (there in a scene where DH is ruminating and has flashbacks, and he says something like "I like that you used the word-home") and it was where DH's memories of them together are.  

But I think they teased us too much as that boat scene was shown in other videos/trailers/spoilers and it is really a pity that we don't get to see it now, unless they are planning to release that later. The scene is lovely, the family is together and DJ is gazing adoringly at FJ as she stares at Gun Gun, and then later he wipes Gun Gun's hands/holds him. Can anyone who has watched all the raws tell us if it has really been cut out or we missed it?

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Em D said:

Actually, I noticed in the clip, you can see the marks of the toxin on his hands when he picks up the ring after spitting up blood. I was thinking maybe he could’ve concealed it from her too, if he really didn’t want her to worry. 

Yes..that I was trying to say ..that he can make the Qiushui toxin invisible so that no one know he was poisoned except for his loyal assistant Chong Lin...

Actually I think DH can detoxifying the toxin easily although it's took some time to do it..but maybe he was saving his cultivation in preparation of his fight with Miaoluo or he's just too busy looking for FJ. .

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I haven't finished watching everything but based on the Episodes that the scene should have appeared, you are right, it isn't there. I think with the cuts, it was a choice; either QingQiu (where the boat scene amidst the lotus plants are) vs the holy Blue Sea (where the final scene of the family together was shown). It seems a more logical choice to choose the holy Blue Sea because that is where FJ used the word 'home' (there in a scene where DH is ruminating and has flashbacks, and he says something like "I like that you used the word-home") and it was where DH's memories of them together are.  

But I think they teased us too much as that boat scene was shown in other videos/trailers/spoilers and it is really a pity that we don't get to see it now, unless they are planning to release that later. The scene is lovely, the family is together and DJ is gazing adoringly at FJ as she stares at Gun Gun, and then later he wipes Gun Gun's hands/holds him. Can anyone who has watched all the raws tell us if it has really been cut out or we missed it?

I don’t think that boat scene was used . I just marathon watched all the remaining raw episodes 

some parts - not sure. Will rewatch later w eng subs to better comprehend 

I was hoping.... hoping that the show bring in the 2 actors that I want to see. what I meant - bai Qian, yehua, moyuan are the top gods who can fight it all out right? Shouldn’t they come and help in the last final battle to rid that red devil lady miaolu ? 

it would do the show a very big boost in viewers interest if they really appeared , isn’t it? And all of us will just die of happiness

it’s just my wish.. it didn’t happen :(

post edit -

I just realised in the novel

it stated MoYuan , BaiQian and Yehua came and saved them in time and heal them up , making DiJun recover much faster and FengJiu only needed months to recover 

so why ????? 

this show really follow the novel v v closely right? What happened ? Why like that ! Now I REALLY FEEL CHEATED..

cant the ending be a bit better and give anr 2 episodes to round it up nicely ...

aiiiiissss....

Edited by taekwang
Post edit
  • Like 4

32 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

From what I've see there was no boat seen with the family. But where I got my vids. they have cut/skip some seens in some episodes (like when she pretends not th know DJ). I don't know if it's the person sharing the vids. or new edits. 

..Ok rewatch the episode just for you no there is no family boat ride. Hopefully we get it in directors cut;)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, They Sick said:

You sir, are my hero. :heart: Thank you

Pleasure!

21 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Yes..that I was trying to say ..that he can make the Qiushui toxin invisible so that no one know he was poisoned except for his loyal assistant Chong Lin...

I have only watched till 50/51 and parts of 56. However, I noticed that in the last scene, DH looked to have been fully cleansed of the poison. Did the book say how?

And for those who have watched ep 56 in its entirety:

Spoiler

And I am not sure how they were saved when they both looked utterly spent. Was it something to do with their bloods commingling? I know they FJ’s blood can cause someone to lose cultivation hence they used it on ML but not sure what was happening in the final sequence. 

15 minutes ago, taekwang said:

I was hoping.... hoping that the show bring in the 2 actors that I want to see. what I meant - bai Qian, yehua, moyuan are the top gods who can fight it all out right? Shouldn’t they come and help in the last final battle to rid that red devil lady miaolu ? 

was thinking the same thing. Like why are the newer minor gods (CY and YQT) in the scene when there are obviously more powerful ones around. 

..:and whatever happened to Su Moye?

Will try to catch up over the next few days. Wistful yet happy it is over!

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ChibiLy said:

I think Reba is more famous in Vengo in China. 

I finished watching the raws. I am satisfied with the overall drama. I know some were not happy with the lack of passionate kisses for the last part of drama, but I think it is more realistic that DJ kisses FJ on the forehead. DJ/Vengo is so tall, I imagine it must be back breaking for him to try and kiss FJ/Reba on the lips when they are standing.

I also really liked how they included BGG in the end. The couple were loving towards each other, yet focused on their son. 

If I didnt misheard it, I found it highly amusing when BGG turned around and saw his parents in an affectionate position. His comment was "parent are being affectionate again". Sounds like a common scene that BGG sees.

Said it was going to be such a good ending :) a few posts back hehe. Tang Qi gave us the ending that was meant to happen.

Spoiler

She did wake up 3 months after she was injured. Her face was not pale and had her usual pink blush. Fitting how she woke up on the day her son reunites with his Dad. Poor Xie Gu Chou was the baby sitter.

Zhe Yan is an excellent healer, he clearly got rid of the poison in Dong Hua. I just wished he had sought help earlier and not try to hide his problems from her. 

I love Gun Gun having ownership of both his parents in the end. It was the boy’s words that closed the entire series as he had the last line. He is so loved by both parents!

He’s very cute and intelligent :). I suspect he is a nine tailed silver fox.

• Like 6
  • LOL 3
  • Thanks 1

Confirming that they cut the boat scenes. I am not happy with it, Weibo citizens are raging as well. Will post later on some other thoughts. Browsing Weibo and seeing fans disappointed have put a dampen on the mood a bit and unfortunately, I share their sentiments.

• Like 5
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 3