[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

41 minutes ago, Queen01 said:

From what I've see there was no boat seen with the family. But where I got my vids. they have cut/skip some seens in some episodes (like when she pretends not th know DJ). I don't know if it's the person sharing the vids. or new edits. 

..Ok rewatch the episode just for you no there is no family boat ride. Hopefully we get it in directors cut;)

Thanks!!! We got cheated again. LOL

@taekwang it stated MoYuan , BaiQian and Yehua came and saved them in time and heal them up , making DiJun recover much faster and FengJiu only needed months to recover 

>>> Cannot-lah, both need Mark Chao who is unfortunately not gracing us with his presence and Yang Mi who erh probably is too busy to appear, and won't make any sense to the plot to appear w/out her hubby. So, they changed it to the 'avengers' team.

@bertrande They took the liberty to add in stuff to make sense of the story - like the mingling of FJ & DH's bloods (which is a nice touch, suggests that FJ despite her low level of divinity and cultivation contributed to the demise of Miaoluo with her 9-tailed vixen blood, AND broke the starlight ward. So she is an equal to Dong Hua in that aspect.)

@Ninky We don't get to see Zhe Yan's capabilities here, but in TMOPB, he was truly an excellent healer, saved YH a few times too, which is no easy feat considering how close he was to death's door. So, it's no wonder he saved both DH and FJ.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 5

6 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Haha..I am sure there will be but not so. Won't spoil it for those who haven't watched. Might discuss about this later.

There are some things that I really like and there are some that I wished weren't done that way. Will take a while to digest everything so open for discussion in a matter of time.

Also, I have to add this. The chemistry between Vengo and Reba is on fire. I felt like it just gets better and bettet over the episodes. I wouldn't be surprised if there are some real feelings involved coz they just melt each other's heart. It is a real pleasure to watch and I felt totally like a third wheel watching them. If those are just acting, then my gosh, they are super awesome good. And no, I am not a shipper. Just appreciates fantastic acting.

That's all my thoughts for now after finishing this epic love story. Will sleep a happy dream!!

Their amazing chemistry was one of the reason I begins to watch other Cdrama after I watched them in TMOPB.

So all actors in cdrama should grateful to Vengo and Reba.. because of them Cdrama added another one person "ME" ..as a fans of cdrama:lol: I was more into kdrama before.

Although I still at episode 44 , got another 12 episode more to watch...but I'm happy to say  " I KNEW IT" every times if there's a praise about their sizzling chemistry.:D

Just feels free to gives spoiler or anything related because its not gonna decrease my enthusiasm towards this drama..just like Dongfeng's kiss on the bridge which I've already seen thanks for the advance clip that was posted here..it was so sweet and tender.. especially when FJ told DH..she was already into Donghua Dijun ..An Ancient Hero from Prehistoric Era... she was studied his achievements and glory at school in her history class ...the only subject she was good at.:joy:. DH was mesmerized by FJ ..the way he engrossed by FJ story..

And he say he will marry ..want her to be his empress...proposed to her out of the blue..so suddenly..real smoooo..th DH:love: 

• Like 9
  • Love 2

So...watched the raw with my basic understanding of chinese :D personally i loved the entire production. If they have dvd special edition would really want buy it as a memento (dont know if they still release a dvd format).  This is one of my most favorite drama up to date!

What i would haved like better:

1. A more concise mortal arc.

2. Maybe a more lively colors for the costumes.

3.  Sometimes the makeup make them look paler :D then couple with white costume...i guess they tried to make it a more dreamy like?

4. For the other cast, they did well in their acting. I dunno why but i actually like miao luo the villain :D

5 For the leads, chemistry is off the roof! Even without passionate kisses (to my very disappointment :D) they conveyed the right emotions.  Sometimes i feel like they are holding back when it comes to intimate scenes  - if i were the director, ill tell them just to let it go and go with the emotion and dont mind the people around :D. Noticed even when they are just lying in bed, theres this space between them, like can you guys just cuddle tightly and leave no space in between. :D. I dont know why but the intimates scenes (kisses) downgraded a lot going to the end to the point it is not shown just implied.

i hope this series would bring more opportunities to all the actors. I hope in the future they would pair up again. Maybe a heart wrenching drama like autumns conerto genre or a star crossed lover genre :D

i will be rewatching again when the subs come.

btw, vengo has a live stream this march 7?

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

btw, vengo has a live stream this march 7?

Yes saw the poster, live streaming on weibo but not sure what it means by live streaming is it talking to fans or getting interviewed? If chatting with fans I hope theres fan who will tell him that we are waiting for directors cut. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

@bertrande They took the liberty to add in stuff to make sense of the story - like the mingling of FJ & DH's bloods (which is a nice touch, suggests that FJ despite her low level of divinity and cultivation contributed to the demise of Miaoluo with her 9-tailed vixen blood, AND broke the starlight ward. So she is an equal to Dong Hua in that aspect.)

@Ninky

Thanks @SC2019! So how did the mingling break the starlight ward and save both of them? Was it explained somewhere that I missed about how their blood mixing would be so powerful? I thought the breaking up was due to the Immortals Avenger team. I can only imagine the power potential that BGG has being their offspring!

• Like 4

My biggest gripe about the ending episodes is WHY did they cut off the scene of DH asking the Destiny Stone about his and FJ's fate. That is the most important part in the later episodes!! Worst, they didnt show DH saying his famous line about Destiny and Charity and instead have ZL repeated it back to FJ. Ugh.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Thanks @SC2019! So how did the mingling break the starlight ward and save both of them? Was it explained somewhere that I missed about how their blood mixing would be so powerful? I thought the breaking up was due to the Immortals Avenger team. I can only imagine the power potential that BGG has being their offspring!

Wasn't explained as best as I know, it just showed it happening, and then there was a big explosion and the starlight ward cleared up (but it could have been in combination with the efforts of the 'avengers team'. But there was some conversation after that among Si Ming and gang, after they had been rescued. Will let you know once I watch it again as last night was like speed-watching (and provided I understand fully what they are saying as my mandarin is so-so only). Anyone else who is bilingual can confirm if the mingling of the blood and its impact on the starlight ward was explained?

• Like 3

My initial thoughts of the finale without the benefit of having read the book in its entirety or the preceding episodes are that there are many parallels with the final film of the Lord of the Rings trilogy! You have Jielu being asked to lead the rest of the Biyiniao tribe and not go into battle while the rest of them make a final stand (a la the Rohan King and his niece), the main character needing assistance from the closest person to him to finish off the task, and even the recuperation scenes after the battle (in Rivendell). It struck a familiar, nostalgic chord with me as I am a huge LOTR fan. In a sense, this has piqued my interest to really give that 700 page two-volume tome a go from cover to cover so it’s good!

Now back to episodes 51-54 haha...

• LOL 2
  • Love 3

31 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Wasn't explained as best as I know, it just showed it happening, and then there was a big explosion and the starlight ward cleared up (but it could have been in combination with the efforts of the 'avengers team'. But there was some conversation after that among Si Ming and gang, after they had been rescued. Will let you know once I watch it again as last night was like speed-watching (and provided I understand fully what they are saying as my mandarin is so-so only). Anyone else who is bilingual can confirm if the mingling of the blood and its impact on the starlight ward was explained?

This was the twist I was talking about earlier. I love that they added this to the ending battle. Firstly, FJ's normal fox blood can only ward off some evil. But because she has been nourished with DH's blood, her blood became more powerful. Therefore, her blood has the power to vanquish ML. The mingling of their blood at the end is the potent combination of hers and DH's golden tinted blood power to finally break off the Starlight Ward Formation. The Avenger's team didn't do anything, if not because of their blood, their power won't be enough to break it.

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 4

35 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

Thanks!!! We got cheated again. LOL

@taekwang it stated MoYuan , BaiQian and Yehua came and saved them in time and heal them up , making DiJun recover much faster and FengJiu only needed months to recover 

>>> Cannot-lah, both need Mark Chao who is unfortunately not gracing us with his presence and Yang Mi who erh probably is too busy to appear, and won't make any sense to the plot to appear w/out her hubby. So, they changed it to the 'avengers' team.

@Ninky We don't get to see Zhe Yan's capabilities here, but in TMOPB, he was truly an excellent healer, saved YH a few times too, which is no easy feat considering how close he was to death's door. So, it's no wonder he saved both DH and FJ.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I remember a seen from a preview. It shows a name being carved into the stone of 3 incarnation (forgive if I get the name of the stone wrong) I had assumed it was FJ name being carved next to DJ. That would of been cool to see and kinda give the fans of Peach Blossom fandom some reparation. :) 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, CTH said:

did Ah Li meet Bai gun gun in the drama?

No. Actually BGG didn't meet many of FJ's family. Only ZY and 4th uncle was there with LS, SM, CY and XY if i don't remember wrongly.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, They Sick said:

Just wondering though, how famous is Reba? Is she like the top actress? Or like superstar? 

Tbh, in the ELOD i find most people only talk about vengo. At least in this forum. Is she like super famous? 

Im not Chinese but when you search about her she's slated to be a big one. She's just new in the industry but she's already at top 5 popular actress atleast with just Yang Mi, Zhao LiYing Yang Zi ahead of her or in between. 

Reba is the bigger/better actor compared to Vengo but, I guess, Vengo's DH is so remarkable its his best yet I cant stop gushing about him too :love: Im in love actually :joy::heart:

btw, Dilraba is freaking gorgeous. She's the new beauty I saw which makes me asked myself 'Why I wasn't born this beautiful?' :bawling::heartbreak::joy::heart: Im gonna watch out for her too.

• Like 9
  • Love 1

Thoughts about the editing and continuity of episodes. I think we got spoilt by the sad preview and were already crying buckets watching them. The previews were edited in such a way that the sadness lingers and flows with emotions. The actual episodes and scenes, not so much. I was getting ready to be consumed with sadness watching the scenes of a broken DH and FJ and before my tear could fall, they cut to the scenes of the Demon World and people talking about murder and killing. Huh? Then, my tear went back to my eyes. Haha...

After that, they cut back to a sad DH and a sad FJ. Goodness, can't they just make the flow of the episodes better? The choppy editing really did cut off steam here.

The spent too much time in the Meng Shao, Lian Song and Xiao Yan goodbye scene. Meng Shao kept talking and talking about his unrequited love for FJ, XY then advised him to go and just declare his love. Ok, so he went. I thought after that, he will be done. NO! The three stooges then went on a talking marathon again. MS kept blabbering while XY and LS just listened. I was like, come on! I felt bad for XY and LS really. The have no spoken lines at all, just stood there listening to MS. What kind of scenario is this and of what importance is has to the storyline? Nada. Waste of a good few minutes that could have been used for other more important cut scenes.

As mentioned earlier, they did film the DH asking about his fate. That scene is so precious and should not have been taken away. I want to see him defy his fate and with an arrogant look utter his famous quote!

They also did not show scenes of a dejected DH searching the worlds for FJ. In the broadcasted episodes, he was busy forming allies and thinking of ways to defeat ML. All his heartbreak is again relayed by ZL. I know that in the book, ZL did say all of those but if they have just shown how DH was frantically searching for FJ, it would have made a greater impact.

Fans are already saying this few episodes shouldn't be called Three Lives Three World, it should be renamed to Cut Lives Cut World  ( 三 ) San - Three in Chinese replaced with (删) San - Delete/Cut

• Sad 1
  • LOL 12

2 hours ago, taekwang said:

I was hoping.... hoping that the show bring in the 2 actors that I want to see. what I meant - bai Qian, yehua, moyuan are the top gods who can fight it all out right? Shouldn’t they come and help in the last final battle to rid that red devil lady miaolu ? 

it would do the show a very big boost in viewers interest if they really appeared , isn’t it? And all of us will just die of happiness

it’s just my wish.. it didn’t happen :(

post edit -

I just realised in the novel

it stated MoYuan , BaiQian and Yehua came and saved them in time and heal them up , making DiJun recover much faster and FengJiu only needed months to recover 

so why ????? 

this show really follow the novel v v closely right? What happened ? Why like that ! Now I REALLY FEEL CHEATED..

cant the ending be a bit better and give anr 2 episodes to round it up nicely ...

aiiiiissss....

Well that depends also on marck chao and yangmi maybe yang mi only had time for another scene and marck couldn't do it , they never promise the two of them will appear 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

So the Starlight Ward was broken because of the power Dongfeng mingling/mixed together? I thought Dongfeng was saved by the Avengers team. Wow.. very interesting.

Zhe Yan was truly an excellent healer..the only one thing he good at( an excerpts from the book ) ..if compared to DH who was prowess in Magic, Swordsmanship...etc.

56 minutes ago, bertrande said:

iKR..just thinking about that.. make me feel proud of Dongfeng's offspring BGG.. imagine his potential equal or surpass his Father:wub:..

• Like 3

I think we must start a petition or something to tencent to release the uncut version like they did with the untamed , im in general satisfied but it could have been better than e final was a little bit rush it definitely affected they have to cut from 60 to 56 episodes but they cut some important scenes we need the full version !!

• Like 8
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

I think we must start a petition or something to tencent to release the uncut version like they did with the untamed im in general satisfied but it could have been better they cut some important scenes we need the full version !!

I think their strategy would be to release the uncut version down the line. They just have to because we are all very disappointed in one way or another. I think 60 episodes would have served this story very well. Tencent made a mistake in showing previews from cut scenes causing dissatisfaction. But again, maybe this is their way to pique interest and when they do release the uncut version, fans will line their pockets with buckets of gold. :phew:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2