[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

35 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Vengo and Dilraba did great job for DH and FJ chemistry, sweetness and heartbreak, but Zanilia and Kenny (the man who made me fall in love again and made me stan the male than female lead forever? :joy: ) from PA still has the best staring contest for me :love:

Then I met Dong Hua Dijun Im just in love more :love: I've always been a female lead stan until cdrama came to my life, not even kdrama made me this way.

Speaking of Vengo and Dilraba 'relationship status'... I feel like Reba friendzoned him... because of his age and of course career. We can see Vengo's affection towards her in their interactions, in dramas, interviews and promotions they did. She was below 25(?) when they worked together and in my mind it might be a bit intimidating to be paired (and courted by Vengo if ever) with an older actor. Maybe its just me, because locally I dont think we have these pairs with a decade gap in age when they're a bit young, maybe on late 20s but not early. 

Maybe if Vengo waits for her at least when she's 30 I believe he'll have a better chance 'for Reba to accept her feelings towards him' :joy::heart:

Of course all of these are nonsense if they are really together :love::joy:

I’ve seen Reba’s interaction with her other male co-star, she’s kinda distant and quote cold. Chic is the accurate word i think.  

She’s not girly type of girl. With deep voice somemore :joy: She’s a gorgeous manly girl. But only with vengo, she show childish cutesy behaviour. 

Looking forward for their 4 lives 4 world. 

• Like 8
  • LOL 1

Oh, come on, so from virgin phase we jump straight to a couple-that-has-been-married-for-at-least-30-years-boring-sweet-cute phase? Poor Bai Gun Gun, he was probably conceived by just holding hands :tounge_wink:  

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

Done with the raw eps :D

Vengo and Reba are blessed with expressive, beautiful eyes. They look so good together, and their acting compliments each other. I don't CP any actors or actresses at all, but I can CP these two.

Anyway...XY is now a permanent fixture in DH's home, and he is fine with it. B)

BGG is a good combo of DH and FJ. Cheeky and cute.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

I loved the Bing Cang ceremony! I know it seemed anti-climatic for some peeps but for some reason, I really loved it! Donghua’s smirk, over confidence and his showing of affection publicly by wiping FJ’s forehead were gold and so was his fight with the demon lord. I especially loved the music that played in the bg when he gave the 3 strokes advantage to the demon lord

• Like 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

4 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Oh, come on, so from virgin phase we jump straight to a couple-that-has-been-married-for-at-least-30-years-boring-sweet-cute phase? Poor Bai Gun Gun, he was probably conceived by just holding hands :tounge_wink:  

Lol ... our DH is more interested in the act than the pre-sequence. :joy::joy::joy: His tool has been on the shelf collecting dust for thousands of years. If he were to continue to practice and hone his passionate kiss to his lady, then his tool will get even dustier. :joy::joy::joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

4 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

I loved the Bing Cang ceremony! I know it seemed anti-climatic for some peeps but for some reason, I really loved it! Donghua’s smirk, over confidence and his showing of affection publicly by wiping FJ’s forehead were gold and so was his fight with the demon lord. I especially loved the music that played in the bg when he gave the 3 strokes advantage to the demon lord

Yes, Bing Cang is one of my most awaited scene. And for me it never disappoints. I love everything about it and the way it build up. DJ is so whipped that he acts so adorable despite being shameless. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, LaxClyne said:

Vengo and Dilraba did great job for DH and FJ chemistry, sweetness and heartbreak, but Zanilia and Kenny (the man who made me fall in love again and made me stan the male than female lead forever? :joy: ) from PA still has the best staring contest for me :love:

Then I met Dong Hua Dijun Im just in love more :love: I've always been a female lead stan until cdrama came to my life, not even kdrama made me this way.

Speaking of Vengo and Dilraba 'relationship status'... I feel like Reba friendzoned him... because of his age and of course career. We can see Vengo's affection towards her in their interactions, in dramas, interviews and promotions they did. She was below 25(?) when they worked together and in my mind it might be a bit intimidating to be paired (and courted by Vengo if ever) with an older actor. Maybe its just me, because locally I dont think we have these pairs with a decade gap in age when they're a bit young, maybe on late 20s but not early. 

Maybe if Vengo waits for her at least when she's 30 I believe he'll have a better chance 'for Reba to accept her feelings towards him' :joy::heart:

Of course all of these are nonsense if they are really together :love::joy:

Their chemistry is just... Honestly, cannot put words into it. With DJ communicating more through his eyes and seldom with words yet you can feel all the emotions he is conveying. The love and longing they had for each other is so tangible everytime they are on the screen.

• Like 5
  • Love 3

12 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Omg! Holding hands :D just how many days, years? Were they together from aranya dream to the blue sea?

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

6 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Oh that scene is pure gold with DH holding that purple hanky so delicately in his hand. I love how he just nonchalantly swagger in holding his sword to his chest and the music played ... it's was too funny n cute ... like "Yes, did someone just challenged FJ hubby and say that his power is just so-so?" :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, xiaoxf said:

Does anyone know if the ost with instrumentals is available for purchase? Can't find the music anywhere,  just the main songs. :cry:

I didn't know about purchase but you can check Spotify. Youtube has some too. Donghua's Affection,. Affection of Qingti are great :heart: I'd love that bgm when DH first saw Aranya but its not included :pensive:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

If you wonder how Dijun would be like in modern life - well, that's Vengo blatantly lying that he never did any kiss scenes in dramas. Never ever :D 

I remember seeing this interview a few years ago. Of course we all know he's lying. They showed us the kissing scene from V Love :joy:

Even Zhang Binbin knows with whom Reba's first on-screen kiss was :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Just now, pawla said:

This would be fun to watch, was it an interview or? Remember when he was stepping aside in order to rearrange for them to be next to each other on stage while presenting TMOPB, while Vengo was playing the 'nonchalantly not paying attention' game of his :D

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

3 hours ago, janine Ang said:

I love this scene, i roll my body in my bed while watching this even tho i don't understand what they talking about HEHEHE I JUST LOVE SEEING THEM TOGETHER :heart::bawling:

First of all, I want to say thank you to everyone! Thanks to everyone's comments, thoughts, translations etc. watching ELOD has been a pleasure. Everyone is really nice and relatable haha. I love DHDJ and FJ and both Vengo and Reba too. It would be great if they decide to be together one day. They seem to have this tacit understanding and are just fireworks together. 

I love this scene too. It feels very natural and real and yes, I get the Vengo and Reba vibe too. Its the picture of pure bliss and contentment. If someone asked me what happiness and love looks like, this scene will come to mind.

I am rewatching the raw and now that I watched it the second time, it makes my heart flutter. Mandarin is not my native language and the little i know are from dramas and I may be wrong but when Zhe Yan asked DHDJ what he can give FJ and DHDJ answered that he could give her freedom, i felt very touched. She has always been brought up like that and when DHDJ said that, it felt like her FJ family could be assured that she is in good hands and that she would be free to do what she liked and be herself. That's the reason why FJ's father agreed right?

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

I am going to spend the weekend rewatching ELOD and I hope they released the uncut version. Take my money!!!! 

ELOD is going to be one of my favourite dramas for all time.

• Like 10
  • Love 1

39 minutes ago, darkphoenix123 said:

Me too. I loved how DH just causally strolled down, praised FJ and got on with it. He really didn't care who was there, he was just as affectionate towards FJ as always.

But then again, that was probably DH's game plan. He showed everyone that FJ is taken and FJ's family will have to accept him.

@Barbedflower DJ is so honest right. If I am correct, he couldn't make promises about the future to FJ's family. But he can promise to let FJ do whatever she wants. Based on their past, DJ does indulge her. He can predict what she will do and what trouble she may get into, but he tends to watch over her and as long it does not involve a male, he would go along with her antics. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, pawla said:

I remember seeing this interview a few years ago. Of course we all know he's lying. They showed us the kissing scene from V Love :joy:

The first on-screen kiss for them both..isn't it? It was also the only on-scene kiss for Vengo before LOF and the wrath of the time.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

高伟光后无东华 - There is no other DONG HUA after Vengo Gao.

I think it will be hard for any actor to reprise the role in the future. It will take a lot of guts to portray Dong Hua Di Jun and not be compared to Vengo.

I completely agree with you on that and whoever else who said it. I think what nailed it was the the voice actor. Occasionally I hear Vengo's voice and somehow it just doesn't cut how DH would speak. So, the combination of both really made this DH the one and only DH that will do justice to the character in the book.

Oh, and to whoever said why on earth did they even allow that much time for Meng Shao, YCW and Lian Song to talk, I concur. I was watching that scene, eyes drooping, tired but dying to watch what's next and I am going like how important is this scene to the entire story and for what purpose does it have?  The editors must have been sick and tired of moving things around and decided, what the heck, let's leave it in...

About DH's entrance to the Bing Chang ceremony, it was totally unexpected but funny. And the way he dabbed at FJ's sweat was really sweet. But the part where his hands started to tremble sent a slight shiver down my spine - he was already feeling the ill effects on his health and was just good at hiding it.

The other scene that got me was when he was eating at the meet-the-in-law's session. I guess they had to go and replace it with her parents instead of her grandparents, as typically the parents would be the ones you meet. It's the first time I have seen DH eating and it looks a little out of character. What is it? Nonchalance tinged with embarassment? Something about that scene looks suspiciously not like him... LOL

And I didn't understand every word said as well when Zhe Yan spoke to DH, but I agree with the rest of you. It was a future where it sounded like he may not be with her forever [he used the words I don't know if I can offer her years of calm love, filled with health and perfect happiness] but while he was around, he would give her the freedom to do whatever she wants [which shows how much he accepts her for who she is, good and bad]. And in another scene with ZhongLin and Lian Song, (when Zhong Lin was cautioning them about potential rumours?? while FJ was busy with her scabbard) and DH said that she's so young, he wanted to give her a memorable wedding. All these made me feel that he didn't think he would live a very long life with her, but whatever time he had, he would make her the happiest woman alive.    [and then destiny comes knocking...sigh]

And finally, the typical WuXia sword play, where the couple defeat evil/the enemy was a deviation from the novel but truly a befitting end. It wasn't that he reigned supreme but that together, they were able to bring the nemesis down.

• Like 14

Definitely a good weekend for me. Lian Song called Dong Hua "an iron tree that had flowered" when he watched Dong Hua fawning over his young Empress. Even for the playboy Prince seeing Dong Hua in that mode must be too cheesy for him.

Ji Heng had the shock that Dong Hua was with someone, shame of her for just barging in. Dong Hua told Feng Jiu that it was just a rat. Who wants to forget that foster sister of Dong Hua demanding to see Dong Hua upon getting the news of his marriage.

So funny Zhong Lin had to work so hard finding the perfect spot for Dong Hua not to disturb his young Empress but still had a full view of her while she was working hard on her sword case. He was so patient for it to complete and once it was done, he did not even compliment on her work but told her they need to rest/sleep or else there will not be any foxes. Who can forget when Feng Jiu said she wanted to watch the birds dance and Dong Hua told her that she should look at him instead. He is making sure there will be little foxes on their way.

I had the great time enjoying the scene at the dinner table with the in-laws. I am sure Dong Hua will probably have indigestion from it as it was so awkward. He was so totally uncomfortable. The future father in law even brought up his "dating" history. Definitely the way to Dong Hua's heart is through his stomach.

I loved the mother and son's relationship and all the explanation Feng Jiu gave Gun Gun to suit her own agenda. No wonder her son had a suspicious look that is mother is not telling the truth.

Loved the twist of the merging of Feng Jiu and Dong Hua's blood saved the both of them. I suppose Feng Jiu was slow to recover was also due that she gave half of her cultivation to Ye Qing Ti.

Bai Gun Gun will not faced the prejudices that Dong Hua had faced in his childhood because he has his parents to protect him. 

• Like 8
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1