[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

43 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Yes, the BGM was off. Everything that we fear that could happen in the ending episodes somehow took place. Just like you, I am quite perplexed too at what exactly went wrong. Everything is just so scattered.

Anyway, saw a few posts back that mentioned they can't hate ML. I feel the same way. She is supposed to be the biggest baddest Demon out there but I just can't bring myself to wish for her death and demise. And I somehow felt that ML has a thing for DH. The last moments before she perished, she calls out DH's name again and again and asked him to save her. It was like a lover's plight, not of an enemy! I felt bad for her.

so was the cheesy BGM really used for DH’s bingcang appearance?

I also thought the LS, Meng Shao and XY scene was SO redundant. Like what purpose did it serve?!?!

I also felt ML had feelings of some sort for DH. When she freed herself after taking back her spirit from FJ, she said something weird about it not being the appropriate time. And while she pretended to be back in shackles later, she allowed DH to tighten the bond? And when the biyiniao tribe went to further seal her in, she said DH left her with no further choice.  Also, she said in the last episode that DH was the one who led/made her go down the demonic path. And I felt a bit of pity at her shrieks before the destruction. All things considered, I thought she definitely had some sort of feelings of some kind for DH. 

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

yes thats her , but im afraid she is not longer his girlfriend :( 

+ i think Uygurs are muslim 

No! they are still together but lowkey, you know antis is everywhere HAHAHAHA

• Like 2

16 hours ago, katfindlay said:

LOL my husband thinks I'm obsessed and need therapy. Early morning watch ELOD, night before bed watch ELOD. Whenever he see me I'm reading this forum, smiling at my phone when watching DongFeng scenes. Getting angry at my phone when there's no more passionate kissing scenes and poor editing of the show. This is the first time he see me in my fangirl mode lol 

Anyway, I'm definitely going miss you guys here in this forum when this is over. Its like I made alot of friends with the same interest. Hopefully we can meet again in another forum when there's another show starring Vengo and Reba :heart:

We will definitely talk again when they together (reallife) again in drama or movie hehehe 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I think the scriptwriters did well actually. The scenes they added and the dialogues are very linear with the characters. But what good is a scriptwriter if the things they wrote eventually got cut off and didn't have the chance to even see daylight. I believe DH did utter his famous line but it didn't make to broadcast. That is one reason why people are angry. It's the editing team that deserves the chopping block IMHO.

Oh ok..then if so .." editors team ... they're suck! " editing was the most important job.. editing team can make everything "suck"  look great..and also can make everything "terrific" look "terrible".:D

I was not really into Mortal arc...the scripts ok but not so great..IMO..but still enjoyed it because of Guangre..but after Mortal arc I feel the scripts getting better and better which I enjoyed it to the fullest..up until ep 44...I'm still here repeated Dongfeng's adorable scenes at Maiden festival..DH caresses FJ cheek ,ear ( I'm the one who felt goosebumps), and  lovingly caresses her nose:love: repeat up and down with his knuckle..how many times he do that? Hope someone make a Gif..

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

I think their strategy would be to release the uncut version down the line. They just have to because we are all very disappointed in one way or another. I think 60 episodes would have served this story very well. Tencent made a mistake in showing previews from cut scenes causing dissatisfaction. But again, maybe this is their way to pique interest and when they do release the uncut version, fans will line their pockets with buckets of gold. :phew:

It would definitely be a great Marketing strategy.  They can milk n sell the uncut version to fans. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, bertrande said:

so was the cheesy BGM really used for DH’s bingcang appearance?

I also thought the LS, Meng Shao and XY scene was SO redundant. Like what purpose did it serve?!?!

I also felt ML had feelings of some sort for DH. When she freed herself after taking back her spirit from FJ, she said something weird about it not being the appropriate time. And while she pretended to be back in shackles later, she allowed DH to tighten the bond? And when the biyiniao tribe went to further seal her in, she said DH left her with no further choice.  Also, she said in the last episode that DH was the one who led/made her go down the demonic path. And I felt a bit of pity at her shrieks before the destruction. All things considered, I thought she definitely had some sort of feelings of some kind for DH. 

Nope, no cheesy BGM. It was kinda meh coz our expectations were TOO HIGH. I gotta admit, it was done quite well though. Very low key, instead of a grand entrace, he made a cool entrance, embracing his sword. It's a bit funny but it works. And the praises he gave to FJ...my goodness...*You did good* *So good*. Vengo's lines are all super sweet, cheesy and ticklish all in one. How the heck he can keep a straight face I don't know.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, They Sick said:

I think the best thing about Vengo is his gaze. Wait, his look is also the best, his height also. His voice also. Gahhh everything about him melt me indefinitely :love:

Yup, everyone got bitten by the Vengo love bug. His portrayal of DH exceeded all expectation. There's this tag going on in Weibo:-

高伟光后无东华 - There is no other DONG HUA after Vengo Gao.

I think it will be hard for any actor to reprise the role in the future. It will take a lot of guts to portray Dong Hua Di Jun and not be compared to Vengo.

• Like 12
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, aRiAe said:

Vengo and Reba are the ones with the most beautiful and mesmerizing eyes/stare. I remain in my bubble to imagine that it is their expression of their true emotions. :sweat_smile:

Vengo and Dilraba did great job for DH and FJ chemistry, sweetness and heartbreak, but Zanilia and Kenny (the man who made me fall in love again and made me stan the male than female lead forever? :joy: ) from PA still has the best staring contest for me :love:

Then I met Dong Hua Dijun Im just in love more :love: I've always been a female lead stan until cdrama came to my life, not even kdrama made me this way.

Speaking of Vengo and Dilraba 'relationship status'... I feel like Reba friendzoned him... because of his age and of course career. We can see Vengo's affection towards her in their interactions, in dramas, interviews and promotions they did. She was below 25(?) when they worked together and in my mind it might be a bit intimidating to be paired (and courted by Vengo if ever) with an older actor. Maybe its just me, because locally I dont think we have these pairs with a decade gap in age when they're a bit young, maybe on late 20s but not early. 

Maybe if Vengo waits for her at least when she's 30 I believe he'll have a better chance 'for Reba to accept her feelings towards him' :joy::heart:

Of course all of these are nonsense if they are really together :love::joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

She was below 25(?) when they worked together and in my mind it might be a bit intimidating to be paired (and courted by Vengo if ever) with an older actor.

She was 21 when they kissed in V Love. And that kiss was way steamier than PB :naughty:

• Like 2
  • Naughty 8
  • LOL 2
  • Love 2

6 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Vengo and Dilraba did great job for DH and FJ chemistry, sweetness and heartbreak, but Zanilia and Kenny (the man who made me fall in love again and made me stan the male than female lead forever? :joy: ) from PA still has the best staring contest for me :love:

Then I met Dong Hua Dijun Im just in love more :love: I've always been a female lead stan until cdrama came to my life, not even kdrama made me this way.

Speaking of Vengo and Dilraba 'relationship status'... I feel like Reba friendzoned him... because of his age and of course career. We can see Vengo's affection towards her in their interactions, in dramas, interviews and promotions they did. She was below 25(?) when they worked together and in my mind it might be a bit intimidating to be paired (and courted by Vengo if ever) with an older actor. Maybe its just me, because locally I dont think we have these pairs with a decade gap in age when they're a bit young, maybe on late 20s but not early. 

Maybe if Vengo waits for her at least when she's 30 I believe he'll have a better chance 'for Reba to accept her feelings towards him' :joy::heart:

Of course all of these are nonsense if they are really together :love::joy:

As for me...i have seen their old videos interaction, in fact i feel reba is so into him base on those vids :D its a pity if they are just maintaining a friend status. But as long as they are happy with what they have, im happy as well.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

She was 21 when they kissed in V Love. And that kiss was way steamier than PB :naughty:

Yes. U have to see that car kiss.  Hot! It's like they just went for it.

PB seems like they are more restrained ... like the director said, their kiss is more mellow, sweet with longing like an old couple ... it's a different kind of passionate kiss. 

The director wants a hot wild kiss like a lover at the beginning of a relationship who has been starved. Theirs is sort of deep love between 2 people who longs for each other ...so their kiss is like a lover savouring the other - gently tasting and inhaling each other instead of stuffing on each other like a hungry kid eating dessert. :joy::joy:

I think their sort of kiss is more in line with the personality of DH &FJ. Imagine DH kissing hotly at FJ like a starved lovesick man ... so not in line with stone face DH. In any case, DH is more ardent in bedding his empress than kissing her. I say ... a good hot s e x romp with your lover is any time better than a hot passionate kiss with no oomph in that area. :joy::joy::joy: Too bad we didn't get any glimpse of it under the blanket. 

• Like 1
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 11

So many Guangre CP here I see. Hehe...I am very reluctant to ship any couples after being heartbroken time and again. But to those who are on this ship, I do wish that your ship will sail smoothly and that you will be rewarded with happy news and announcements.

Many a time, a drama can be a miss due to weak plots, bad scripts, choppy editing etc but will still hit all thanks to the leads chemistry. Guardian is a good recent example. It's a novel adaptation that have been butchered beyond recognition but still have a big fan base thanks to the saving grace of the lead actors. Yes, for those who are unfamiliar, it has a bromance (duh!) plot.

ELOD works well because the plot itself is captivating. They were very faithful to the book and the adaptation pleased fans of the novel. But more importantly, the leads were beyond amazing. Vengo got it right when he said that he and Reba are so close that the acting part didn't take much effort. It just flows naturally. And as a result, we see these two oozing with chemistry and teasing our weakened heart. It is quite difficult to portray such affections on screen without the two actor having prior understanding and comfort. We have to believe their love and they have to proof to us that they are in love. In this aspect, both Vengo and Reba did it so flawlessly well.

• Like 12
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

Yes. U have to see that car kiss.  Hot! It's like they just went for it.

PB seems like they are more restrained ... like the director said, their kiss is more mellow, sweet with longing like an old couple ... it's a different kind of passionate kiss. 

The director wants a hot wild kiss like a lover at the beginning of a relationship who has been starved. Theirs is sort of deep love between 2 people who longs for each other ...so their kiss is like a lover savouring the other - gently tasting and inhaling each other instead of stuffing on each other like a hungry kid eating dessert. :joy::joy:

I think their sort of kiss is more in line with the personality of DH &FJ. Imagine DH kissing hotly at FJ like a starved lovesick man ... so not in line with stone face DH. In any case, DH is more ardent in bedding his empress than kissing her. I say ... a good hot s e x romp with your lover is any time better than a hot passionate kiss with no oomph in that area. :joy::joy::joy: Too bad we didn't get any glimpse of it under the blanket. 

Ahahahahaha...thanks for giving me the laughs. It was a depressing start today after visiting ELOD official site on Weibo. Starved lovesick man he is though ... the scene where FJ was drawing their little love nest and he can't wait to bed her. Basically just so hormone driven that he just can't wait.

Come to think of it, you're right and many others have pointed out too. I guess it has passed the stages in their relationship to show us a hot steamy passionate kiss. So instead we get warmth, comfort, love and adoration. I'd take that. Also, I remember a twiter post about hoping they won't be a blanket during their kiss scene on the rock in the Blue Sea. Haha..well, we didn't get to see the blanket. We didn't even get to see the kiss. DH even raised his sleeves to block our view moments before the camera pans up to the sky. Bad DH!

• Like 1
  • LOL 10