[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, Ninky said:

Said it was going to be such a good ending :) a few posts back hehe. Tang Qi gave us the ending that was meant to happen.

Hide contents

She did wake up 3 months after she was injured. Her face was not pale and had her usual pink blush. Fitting how she woke up on the day her son reunites with his Dad. Poor Xie Gu Chou was the baby sitter.

Zhe Yan is an excellent healer, he clearly got rid of the poison in Dong Hua. I just wished he had sought help earlier and not try to hide his problems from her. 

I love Gun Gun having ownership of both his parents in the end. It was the boy’s words that closed the entire series as he had the last line. He is so loved by both parents!

He’s very cute and intelligent :). I suspect he is a nine tailed silver fox.

Where did you get this information?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

My favorite thing about this couple for me is actually when they stare at each other :wub: even their stares have chemistry! Its like you are the only one for me stare :D

Vengo and Reba are the ones with the most beautiful and mesmerizing eyes/stare. I remain in my bubble to imagine that it is their expression of their true emotions. :sweat_smile:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

5 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

Tthink that is my bigand  only real problem with the drama, I honestly dont know what happend there... i mean the followed the drama pretty close i don`t know why they cut such important  scenes !!! and also i think the bgm in some scenes was a little bit anticlimatic too , i love the BGM but in some scenes i whish they would have used another one . 

Yes, the BGM was off. Everything that we fear that could happen in the ending episodes somehow took place. Just like you, I am quite perplexed too at what exactly went wrong. Everything is just so scattered.

Anyway, saw a few posts back that mentioned they can't hate ML. I feel the same way. She is supposed to be the biggest baddest Demon out there but I just can't bring myself to wish for her death and demise. And I somehow felt that ML has a thing for DH. The last moments before she perished, she calls out DH's name again and again and asked him to save her. It was like a lover's plight, not of an enemy! I felt bad for her.

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler

She did wake up 3 months after she was injured. Her face was not pale and had her usual pink blush. Fitting how she woke up on the day her son reunites with his Dad. Poor Xie Gu Chou was the baby sitter.

Zhe Yan is an excellent healer, he clearly got rid of the poison in Dong Hua. I just wished he had sought help earlier and not try to hide his problems from her. 

I love Gun Gun having ownership of both his parents in the end. It was the boy’s words that closed the entire series as he had the last line. He is so loved by both parents!

He’s very cute and intelligent :). I suspect he is a nine tailed silver fox.

How about a sequel about Bai GunGun's life and love story as a nine tailed silver fox. This way, Vengo and Reba will still have to be cast as his parents :wub: One can only hope lol

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

3 minutes ago, classyviews said:

Where did you get this information?

it had already been three months since the fight in the scene before their son showed up. lian song asked xiao yan why for the past few months he kept visiting. Zhe Yan asked Cheng Yu if she thought he was a quack doctor after she commented about worrying about Feng Jiu injuries and why she had not woken up yet.

the clues are all in the conversation amongst them. Zhe Yan has also visited his two patients a lot in the past few months. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

41 minutes ago, janine Ang said:

I love this scene, i roll my body in my bed while watching this even tho i don't understand what they talking about HEHEHE I JUST LOVE SEEING THEM TOGETHER :heart::bawling:

I am squealing like a crazy person. We DongFeng shipper I suppose have same brain cells. We just want to see them together. I unknowingly smile while driving just thinking about them. Have you ever felt your cheeks hurting cause you've been smiling a lot just thinking about them? Mine does hurt everyday. :bawling:

• Like 5
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Thoughts about the editing and continuity of episodes. I think we got spoilt by the sad preview and were already crying buckets watching them. The previews were edited in such a way that the sadness lingers and flows with emotions. The actual episodes and scenes, not so much. I was getting ready to be consumed with sadness watching the scenes of a broken DH and FJ and before my tear could fall, they cut to the scenes of the Demon World and people talking about murder and killing. Huh? Then, my tear went back to my eyes. Haha...

After that, they cut back to a sad DH and a sad FJ. Goodness, can't they just make the flow of the episodes better? The choppy editing really did cut off steam here.

The spent too much time in the Meng Shao, Lian Song and Xiao Yan goodbye scene. Meng Shao kept talking and talking about his unrequited love for FJ, XY then advised him to go and just declare his love. Ok, so he went. I thought after that, he will be done. NO! The three stooges then went on a talking marathon again. MS kept blabbering while XY and LS just listened. I was like, come on! I felt bad for XY and LS really. The have no spoken lines at all, just stood there listening to MS. What kind of scenario is this and of what importance is has to the storyline? Nada. Waste of a good few minutes that could have been used for other more important cut scenes.

As mentioned earlier, they did film the DH asking about his fate. That scene is so precious and should not have been taken away. I want to see him defy his fate and with an arrogant look utter his famous quote!

They also did not show scenes of a dejected DH searching the worlds for FJ. In the broadcasted episodes, he was busy forming allies and thinking of ways to defeat ML. All his heartbreak is again relayed by ZL. I know that in the book, ZL did say all of those but if they have just shown how DH was frantically searching for FJ, it would have made a greater impact.

Fans are already saying this few episodes shouldn't be called Three Lives Three World, it should be renamed to Cut Lives Cut World  ( 三 ) San - Three in Chinese replaced with (删) San - Delete/Cut

Damn .. when the production mentioned that this drama had so many(4) scripts writers.. I'm kind of confused..why so many? from the first episode up to 44.. I can guess which one the lines or scripts that belong to TangQi.. there's no way TangQi left the most famous lines which make me thinks that to the end of the show the scripts wasn't written by her  but written by the 3 others scripts writers.

“So what if Destiny says we're fated, and so what if it says we're not?”

Donghua coldly replied. “I've never feared Destiny, and I certainly don't
need its charity.”

In the drama .. they'd tonned down DH's intensity, cold hearted, stoney face, arrogant and his disinterested look..before he meet with FJ...which I really love and felt an awe with his shamelessly arrogant, high Almighty personality...totally undisputedly suit him.

And I was so entertained and excited with his different personality whenever he is with FJ..his playfulness, shamelessly flirts, courtship, coaxing.. especially when he was jealous..so straightforward saying " I'm jealous". Poor Su Moye become the guilty one " don't blacken my name".... and his 5pcs candy magically disappear... Lol:joy:.

At the end.. it was depend on the editing..

but I was so impressed by CGI..the best I ever seen in Cdrama..

• Like 7
  • LOL 1

14 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Anyway, saw a few posts back that mentioned they can't hate ML. I feel the same way. She is supposed to be the biggest baddest Demon out there but I just can't bring myself to wish for her death and demise. And I somehow felt that ML has a thing for DH. The last moments before she perished, she calls out DH's name again and again and asked him to save her. It was like a lover's plight, not of an enemy! I felt bad for her.

i liked her as a villian she is interesting and the actress did a good job and honestly why hate her if you can hate Jiheng?? XD

@jimmylyne Yes!! the CGI was really good far better tmopb thumbs up to Tencent for that!

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

I just watched Episode 55 and I was bawling. I skipped to 56 before 55 but hell the tears couldn't stop. Did anyone else realise she called him Dong Hua in the end repeatedly and not Di Jun. When reading the book, I came to realise that when she finally called him by his first name, they have actually finally become equals in that relationship. I get that same exact feeling here. The emotional impact of heart splicing etc is still there.

Before that scene in the book I always felt their relationship is pretty unbalanced. Always one giving more than the other.

I think they will release an uncut version soon. Forcing  a 60 episode drama into 56 is tough. They opted to use the holy blue sea scene (birds were dance flying around Bai Gun Gun when he was playing with them) to end it rather than Qing Qiu. I did predict its one of these two.

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Damn .. when the production mentioned that this drama had so many(4) scripts writers.. I'm kind of confused..why so many? from the first episode up to 44.. I can guess which one the lines or scripts that belong to TangQi.. there's no way TangQi left the most famous lines which make me thinks that to the end of the show the scripts wasn't written by her  but written by the 3 others scripts writers.

need its charity.”

In the drama .. they'd tonned down DH's intensity, cold hearted, stoney face, arrogant and his disinterested look..before he meet with FJ...which I really love and felt an awe with his shamelessly arrogant, high Almighty personality...totally undisputedly suit him.

And I was so entertained and excited with his different personality whenever he is with FJ..his playfulness, shamelessly flirts, courtship, coaxing.. especially when he was jealous..so straightforward saying " I'm jealous". Poor Su Moye become the guilty one " don't blacken my name".... and his 5pcs candy magically disappear... Lol:joy:.

I think the scriptwriters did well actually. The scenes they added and the dialogues were very linear with the characters. But what good is a scriptwriter if the things they wrote eventually got cut off and didn't have the chance to even see daylight. I believe DH did utter his famous line but it didn't make to broadcast. That is one reason why people are angry. It's the editing team that deserves the chopping block IMHO.

• Like 4
  • LOL 3

16 hours ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

dilireba is uyghur one of the 56 chinese ethnics they are kinda off half "Turkish " and Half chinese the province where she is from is xingjinag in the north of china their dances,music and their dialect resembles Muslim culture I think the uygur women are really pretty the demon princess in ten miles of peach blossoms is also an Uyghur

I don't really understand their religion but because of her i'm willing to understand and search about it.

who's princess demon or Ghoul Princess? you mean Daisy ? XiaoYan real life Girlfriend ? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

I think the scriptwriters did well actually. The scenes they added and the dialogues are very linear with the characters. But what good is a scriptwriter if they things they wrote eventually got cut off and didn't have the chance to even see daylight. I believe DH did utter his famous line but it didn't make to broadcast. That is one reason why people are angry. It's the editing team that deserves the chopping block IMHO.

totally agree. its got nothing to do with scriptwriting but post production editing.

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Hahaha...rolling your body in your bed! You're too cute! I can totally imagine you doing that. I was squealing and punching hubby (who was asleep). Oh well, sorry honey, you got a crazy fan girling wife for the night.  :lol:

Maybe they will think were crazy :joy: My mom slap me because she think i really gone crazy, shouting and laughing at the same time. :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

4 minutes ago, janine Ang said:

I don't really understand their religion but because of her i'm willing to understand and search about it.

who's princess demon or Ghoul Princess? you mean Daisy ? XiaoYan real life Girlfriend ? 

yes thats her , but im afraid she is not longer his girlfriend :( 

+ i think Uygurs are muslim 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Ninky said:

I just watched Episode 55 and I was bawling. I skipped to 56 before 55 but hell the tears couldn't stop. Did anyone else realise she called him Dong Hua in the end repeatedly and not Di Jun. When reading the book, I came to realise that when she finally called him by his first name, they have actually finally become equals in that relationship. I get that same exact feeling here. The emotional impact of heart splicing etc is still there.

Before that scene in the book I always felt their relationship is pretty unbalanced. Always one giving more than the other.

I think they will release an uncut version soon. Forcing  a 60 episode drama into 56 is tough. They opted to use the holy blue sea scene (birds were dance flying around Bai Gun Gun when he was playing with them) to end it rather than Qing Qiu. I did predict its one of these two.

I think I am going to talk too much here today so please excuse me ladies for being long winded and all. You can skip my posts if you do not want to get to spoilers and such.

Yes, I am very touched at that scene but also very angry!!!

Spoiler

If you catch it, at the very end, DH told FJ *Forget About Me*

I was just praising the scriptwriters before this post but I take my word back now. OMFG! That is totally OOC for DH. It doesn't make sense. NOT ONE BIT! WHY?

Because if we are talking DHDJ, he loves her so much. FJ knows that he loves her so much. In order for her not to forget him, he carved out half his heart and made it into a ring to protect her. He wants to leave something significant of himself to her. A token of his LOVE damn it!

And then you go and have him utter the line //// *FORGET ABOUT ME?????**

Those scriptwriters ate the wrong meds?

He should have said * Never forget me. Keep me in your heart forever. I want you to remember how much I love you. I want you to always know that there is this one person who love you more than anything in the world. You are my everything. Remember me.**

Ok, maybe this is kinda long to say with his last breath, but better than what they gave us!!!!!

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, aRiAe said:

I am squealing like a crazy person. We DongFeng shipper I suppose have same brain cells. We just want to see them together. I unknowingly smile while driving just thinking about them. Have you ever felt your cheeks hurting cause you've been smiling a lot just thinking about them? Mine does hurt everyday. :bawling:

Yeah i agree with you! when i saw them together my facial expression will change immediately smiling like i felt im in love HAHAHAHA :heart: THEIRS A HEART IN MY EYES :love:

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Yori Ten said:

Yes, the BGM was off. Everything that we fear that could happen in the ending episodes somehow took place. Just like you, I am quite perplexed too at what exactly went wrong. Everything is just so scattered.

Lol... while FJ always address her Banshee..ML should be called succubus because the way she seem to be in love with DH and miffed because DH didn't reciprocated her feeling.:sweatingbullets:

ML was supposedly the purest evil..a manifestation from 3 worldly toxins. ( Greed Anger, Discontentment) collecting the three poisons for thousands of years.

They did tonned down Miaoluo evilness into seductive demoness.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i think overall the series delivered. at least it did not end with Gun Gun, I'm your Father Lord. i just need Aranya's conversation with her awful mum and stone of destiny actual scene back however they cut it too much. Might get extended cut eventually though.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

16 hours ago, jimmylyne said:

need its charity.”

I like how they change but those sentence from book is way better than anything, well i can't  say anything for now because i'm not yet done with english sub, but i hope those sentence that i wanted to heard from character i will hear soon.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, janine Ang said:

Maybe they will think were crazy :joy: My mom slap me because she think i really gone crazy, shouting and laughing at the same time. :joy:

LOL my husband thinks I'm obsessed and need therapy. Early morning watch ELOD, night before bed watch ELOD. Whenever he see me I'm reading this forum, smiling at my phone when watching DongFeng scenes. Getting angry at my phone when there's no more passionate kissing scenes and poor editing of the show. This is the first time he see me in my fangirl mode lol 

Anyway, I'm definitely going miss you guys here in this forum when this is over. Its like I made alot of friends with the same interest. Hopefully we can meet again in another forum when there's another show starring Vengo and Reba :heart:

• Like 9
  • LOL 5