[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

58 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

@BaiZiHua posted a clip on all the upcoming scenes here https://www.bilibili.com/video/av92701286?zw

There aren't longer previews yet I am afraid or I haven't chance upon it myself. I actually didn't want to...I don't want to know too much coz the series is endinggggggg........huhuhuhu....

Thank you 

so this bili bili page has all the small snippets to watch !

• Like 1

Just listened to Vengo's upcoming interview with Sina TV. Sharing some snippets which I find really interesting.

He explained that some may find it OOC for DH to become so weak and childish in front of FJ. The reason for DH behaving so is actually because DH love the way FJ pays attention and care for him. He can see that FJ has a soft spot for helping the weak. So by acting so, this is his way of showing his love. Vengo commented that this is actually an obsession over FJ and he cautioned to viewers that obessive love is not healthy! 

He said that to fully know and understand DH, we have to look at all three characters, Song Xuan Ren, Chen Ye and DH himself. SXR and CY are actually extreme embodiments of DH. SXR was obsessed with Xiao Jiu just as CY Ye was with Aranya. These characters are larger than life and when they come together, then only you have DH as a whole. 

As for CY, Vengo personally wish that if there is an alternate ending, let CY and Aranya continue living happily in the dream. He doesn't want CY to go through the pain of losing Aranya by reliving every day of their tragic life.

Kiss scenes .. hehe... Director felt sometimes their kisses are too sweet. He said the director wanted passionate kisses and he had to retake when the director feels there isn't enough fire! Good for us! Love you director!

Extra : He said that a fairy shouldn't be too skinny. Curvaceous fairy is more alluring. Hahahaha....

It's a long interview hahaha but I had fun listening in. Boy, he can really talk and talk! He shared so much so it was really great for ELOD fans.

ETA 分享 @暗夜D瞳 的微博小视频 #高伟光东华帝君# [心]#高伟光三生三世枕上书# 啊啊啊啊啊这个声音太上头了,... https://m.weibo.cn/s/video/index?object_id=1034:4478094879162391&segment_id=&blog_mid=4478095446766882

Link for those who understands Chinese. Enjoy!

• Like 11
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, soosyok said:

I thought I saw something from the book regards to our grandpa;

"Tangqi Gongzi created the 三生三世 world by interweaving existing
mythological immortals and beasts with ones which she made up herself.
Everyone must’ve wondered at one point on who this almighty Donghua
Dijun was, and whether he was an original deity in Chinese mythology.
As a matter of fact, he was.
The earliest incarnation of 東華帝君Donghua Dijun can be traced back to
the Spring and Autumn Warring States period where he is mentioned in
the shamanic elegies of 楚辭 The Songs of Chu as 東皇太一God of the
Eastern Sky or 東君Lord of the East. This ancient Sun God is generally
considered to have morphed into a later version known as 東王公 Dong
Wanggong or, wait for it, the Emperor Grandfather of the East.
Dong Wanggong is said to have been born from the Blue Sea since the
dawn of time and is the creator of all things. He is the Yang counterpart of
the yin-yang duality to the Yin of 西王母Xi Wangmu, or Queen Mother of
the West who is better known as the lady who owns the Immortal Peach
Orchard. In other words, they are married to one another despite living on
opposite sides of the world. He is keeper of the immortality records, and
new fairies will have to go through him before they may enter the gates of
Heaven.
So what does this Dong Wanggong look like? In 神異經 Classic of the
Mystic, it is recorded that Dong Wanggong is ten meters tall, his hair is
white, his body is of a human, his face of a bird, his tail of a tiger, and that
he also rides on a black bear. Of course when he was later adopted into the
Daoist pantheon, he eventually gained a more classic Daoist look. "

Though the image in the book kind of spoil my dreams about DD :D

Yes..just like @elsanna said..I know what you mean..the image was really "something":D

But I just stick to Tangqi Gongzi inspiration regarding DH..radiant as the sun and the moon . He had long silver hair, handsome and regal countenance.( I will keep this image of DH:lol:)

Purple Qi from the East..

Regarding the deity Dong wanggong could be considered handsome if we're also lives in same era of the millennium yrs ago ..who knows.:joy:

just like human race .. didn't we allegedly the same species or related to an Apes:)?

Just imagine in about a million yrs to come do human still the same as we are now?..

don't mind me..sometimes I can be over thinking:lol:.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Zelnk said:

@Yori Ten tnx for sharing. Are they too shy to perform passionate kisses? :D its just acting:phew:.  Saw rebas other series kiss scenes and she can deliver!

Just my opinion...

I think Vengo and Reba are too comfortable acting with each other. Vengo mentioned the same in the interview. When you are close, you tend to be sweet rather than passionate. Passion comes from an unquenchable thirst for your partner. Passion ignites from a repressed desire. But our dear friend here are like an old couple in terms of acting together. Haha..so their kisses are more sweet, loving and familiar.

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Insightful 1

1 minute ago, Yori Ten said:

Just my opinion...

I think Vengo and Reba are too comfortable acting with each other. Vengo mentioned the same in the interview. When you are close, you tend to be sweet rather than passionate. Passion comes from unquenchable thirst for your partner. Passion ignites from a repressed desire. But our dear friend here are like an old couple in terms of acting together. Haha..so their kisses are more sweet, loving and familiar.

The thirst is quenched already lolz! But joking aside, you do have a point there.

• Like 1
  • LOL 5

11 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Just my opinion...

I think Vengo and Reba are too comfortable acting with each other. Vengo mentioned the same in the interview. When you are close, you tend to be sweet rather than passionate. Passion comes from unquenchable thirst for your partner. Passion ignites from a repressed desire. But our dear friend here are like an old couple in terms of acting together. Haha..so their kisses are more sweet, loving and familiar.

So very true.. nothing but the truth:smile:

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Leslie Mtz C said:

Another meme!!! Dijiun when is outside vs when he is home XD

Lets keep commenting girls!! Come on 400 pages before the drama ends ,we can make it!!!!!

This is so funny! A proper hen-pecked husband :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

58 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

ETA 分享 @暗夜D瞳 的微博小视频 #高伟光东华帝君# [心]#高伟光三生三世枕上书# 啊啊啊啊啊这个声音太上头了,... https://m.weibo.cn/s/video/index?object_id=1034:4478094879162391&segment_id=&blog_mid=4478095446766882

Thanks for the link! I couldn't help but laugh when he said he does "some" fitness training, and likes going under the sun.  Wouldn't be able to tell from what we have seen of him as DH! 

• LOL 10

9 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Thanks for the link! I couldn't help but laugh when he said he does "some" fitness training, and likes going under the sun.  Wouldn't be able to tell from what we have seen of him as DH! 

Trust me, I rolled my eyes when I heard that myself. 

• LOL 3

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Just listened to Vengo's upcoming interview with Sina TV. Sharing some snippets which I find really interesting.

He explained that some may find it OOC for DH to become so weak and childish in front of FJ. The reason for DH behaving so is actually because DH love the way FJ pays attention and care for him. He can see that FJ has a soft spot for helping the weak. So by acting so, this is his way of showing his love. Vengo commented that this is actually an obsession over FJ and he cautioned to viewers that obessive love is not healthy! 

He said that to fully know and understand DH, we have to look at all three characters, Song Xuan Ren, Chen Ye and DH himself. SXR and CY are actually extreme embodiments of DH. SXR was obsessed with Xiao Jiu just as CY Ye was with Aranya. These characters are larger than life and when they come together, then only you have DH as a whole. 

As for CY, Vengo personally wish that if there is an alternate ending, let CY and Aranya continue living happily in the dream. He doesn't want CY to go through the pain of losing Aranya by reliving every day of their tragic life.

Kiss scenes .. hehe... Director felt sometimes their kisses are too sweet. He said the director wanted passionate kisses and he had to retake when the director feels there isn't enough fire! Good for us! Love you director!

Extra : He said that a fairy shouldn't be too skinny. Curvaceous fairy is more alluring. Hahahaha....

It's a long interview hahaha but I had fun listening in. Boy, he can really talk and talk! He shared so much so it was really great for ELOD fans.

No wonder Vengo did a very good job portrayed 3 different characters..( I haven't yet to see more of Chen Ye character( I'm at EP 42 ) but I already know Vengo done a very well because you all said he's good .so I believe y'all judgement) apparently he was very dedicated to know details about his three character...bravo Vengo!

Glad that he also feel the same as us about tragic story of ChenYe/Aranya..

Kissing scene had to retake..oh my ..we got so many Dongfeng's kissed scenes ..not that I mind.. in fact this is the first drama I ever watched have so many kiss scene.. "thank you director!".

imagine Guangre..kissing over and over until the directors satisfy..and once again "thank you director!".  But why....I'm the one who feels excited?:innocent:

I quote you.. "Good for us! . Love you director":lol:

• LOL 6

Thanks @Yori Ten for the link and always appreciate those who helped us to translate some of the bits from the interview :) it really helped us who don't understand Chinese, we would be lost without you!

It's only Monday and we have so many goodies already :wub: hopefully more goodies to come till Thursday! Maybe Reba's interview next :D

• Like 4
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Just my opinion...

I think Vengo and Reba are too comfortable acting with each other. Vengo mentioned the same in the interview. When you are close, you tend to be sweet rather than passionate. Passion comes from an unquenchable thirst for your partner. Passion ignites from a repressed desire. But our dear friend here are like an old couple in terms of acting together. Haha..so their kisses are more sweet, loving and familiar.

I developed a problem with their kissings.... They kissed so much, too sweet, ( I kept replaying that cave scene kiss :love::naughty:) I want to kiss too but WTF sadly I have no one to smooch :heartbreak::joy:

I noticed Vengo mostly kisses Dilraba on the side of her lips. Though he can make it work like the cave scene, is he shy to just kiss Dilraba full on the lips?:naughty: Some of Dilraba's male leads got to kiss her full on why not Vengo hmmm? :expressionless::joy:

Also, why Vengo touches his 'breast' whenever he acts the heart pain? :joy: Aww I feel he's still innocent in this matter.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

13 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

No wonder Vengo did a very good job portrayed 3 different characters..( I haven't yet to see more of Chen Ye character( I'm at EP 42 ) but I already know Vengo done a very well because you all said he's good .so I believe y'all judgement) apparently he was very dedicated to know details about his three character...bravo Vengo!

He did good but somehow, don't throw rocks at me ladies...I kinda have a problem with his constant constipated look. I mean, I know he is sad, he is hearbroken, he is just so damn tragic. But that frown...hmmmmm....what a waste of a handsome face. :tounge_wink:

@katfindlay You're welcome! It's a real pleasure sharing with you all here. Else, where else can I fangirl like a pubescant teen?!!! :lol:

• LOL 2

12 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

I developed a problem with their kissings.... They kissed so much, too sweet, ( I kept replaying that cave scene kiss :love::naughty:) I want to kiss too but WTF sadly I have no one to smooch :heartbreak::joy:

I noticed Vengo mostly kisses Dilraba on the side of her lips. Though he can make it work like the cave scene, is he shy to just kiss Dilraba full on the lips?:naughty: Some of Dilraba's male leads got to kiss her full on why not Vengo hmmm? :expressionless::joy:

Also, why Vengo touches his 'breast' whenever he acts the heart pain? :joy: Aww I feel he's still innocent in this matter.

Gosh girl, you are a on screen kiss analyzer! 

Don't you worry, your lips will be graced upon when the time is right. It takes DH how many years again to get a proper kiss???:blush:

• LOL 6

1 hour ago, Zelnk said:

The thirst is quenched already lolz! But joking aside, you do have a point there.

Hahaha love the "the thirst quenched already" is it synonymous with the saying "practice makes perfect":D

• LOL 6