[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

@bertrande Ah, yes, I see what you mean. Most likely FJ stayed at the background and didn't get to meet SMY personally. She didn't even recognize SMY when he first came to look for her. She even commented that this teacher is so good looking, unlike the image of the teacher she has. Hehe....

The harp scene is before the final fight. It's during FJ recuperating time at the Blue Sea, DH's home. This is the second most anticipated scene besides the consumation scene and I hope they follow the book. Please oh please .... Xiao Bai, come here and then BANG, BOOM, BANG! Ahahahahaha.......

@BaiZiHua You're welcome! Happy to share anytime!

@Zelnk I can daydream with those beautiful colors! It is indeed a dreamscape. The CG of ELOD has raised the bar on Chinese CG productions. I used to cringe watching Chinese CG and I just end up laughing and ROTL most of the time.

@Sun Tzu If they ever try going down that dream sequence road, the backlash would rival the final battle with ML. You don't want to mess with fans who PAID to watch and then you hit them with a dream sequence. All hell will break loose.....

Oh noo. They can pull the dream sequence thing. The images of some wisterias (I believe this is the tree in their background, not peach blossoms?) were hazy.... What if those were FJ's dream... Then they end it with "I am your father" line :scream: :naughty:OMG some TV might ended up getting stoned or something :joy: Hope nottt. Damn.

• LOL 4

13 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Any idea which scene is this from? 

Mortal arc - SXR was dreaming. However, I couldn't remember if the scene made the cut in the broadcast. Honestly, the whole mortal arc was like a dream to me, the viewer. Hazy....except another dream by SXR where he got naughty with XJ.

• LOL 3

6 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Yes. I think this was DH dream while Ji Heng was searching SXR room.

Yep. You remember correctly. She was snooping around while he had this nightmare of FJ dying on the battlefield. 

• Thanks 1

Thanks for all the answers ladies.

I believe ELOD was intended to be 60 eps long initially but was cut down to 56. Anyone following this knows why? I was listening to Vengo's interview and he mentioned there were some scenes which he liked which didn't make the cut. Maybe then the director's cut edition will feature the uncut version? We are a thirsty lot aren't we? We want MOAR!

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

7 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I believe ELOD was intended to be 60 eps long initially but was cut down to 56. Anyone following this knows why? I was listening to Vengo's interview and he mentioned there were some scenes which he liked which didn't make the cut. Maybe then the director's cut edition will feature the uncut version? We are a thirsty lot aren't we? We want MOAR!

Maybe signing a petition would help you think? 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Wondering what those scenes are....anyone have a guess? 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

Limits of lengthy of cdrama

Chinese dramas are known for their lengthy format. Sometimes the storyline drags up to 60 episodes due to the pay being calculated per episode. Though some viewers don’t mind the lengthy dramas, many find it too tiresome to watch such long dramas with filler episodes that contribute nothing to the story. Recently, China’s National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA) is considering setting new maximum limits of 40 episodes for dramas.

• Sad 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, bertrande said:

Ya I was actually referring to this part. He saw her and expressed so much shock at her facial features when she said not only have I regained my memories but also my body. It was as if he was seeing her for the first time. But my thinking was he would have seen her before when she visited him with her uncle and he introduced the Bilianchun tea to them. So am thinking like what @Leslie Mtz C said, either script error or somehow when she accompanied the uncle to the west sea, she stayed very much in the background. 

Actually, when they first met in Aranya's Dream, he already figured out that she was FJ. In one of his lines, he said that though they look exactly alike, they're completely different from each other and he had a good laugh. Then he told the then FJ who had lost her memory about her identity & they agreed to figure out Aranya's death together and go home . 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, FloraImmortal said:

Actually, when theyou first met in Aranearby Dream, he already figured out that she was FJ. In one of his lines, he said that though they look exactly alike, they're completely different from each other and he had a good laugh. Then he told the then FJ who had lost her memory about her identity & they agreed to figure out Aranya's death together and go home . 

Hmm...I thought he figured it out due to her demeanour completely being different from Aranya plus he was sent in by LS so he was actively searching for her?  I have to go back and rewatch but if he figured out from her looks at this point, then it will definitely be a scripting continuity error for him to gawk at how much FJ resembles Aranya in Ep 42.

Why is today only Tuesday!!!!  I need Thursday 8pm to come quicker! LOL 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Limits of lengthy of cdrama

Chinese dramas are known for their lengthy format. Sometimes the storyline drags up to 60 episodes due to the pay being calculated per episode. Though some viewers don’t mind the lengthy dramas, many find it too tiresome to watch such long dramas with filler episodes that contribute nothing to the story. Recently, China’s National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA) is considering setting new maximum limits of 40 episodes for dramas.

Yeah I read that Yanxi palace originally had something like 90 episodes and it was cut to 70 by the censors.  And also read the new NRTA notice but hoping they won't be too strict in applying it to dramas released on the web.

• Like 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, bertrande said:

Ya I was actually referring to this part. He saw her and expressed so much shock at her facial features when she said not only have I regained my memories but also my body. It was as if he was seeing her for the first time. But my thinking was he would have seen her before when she visited him with her uncle and he introduced the Bilianchun tea to them. So am thinking like what @Leslie Mtz C said, either script error or somehow when she accompanied the uncle to the west sea, she stayed very much in the background. 

I think its an insufficient writing in the drama. In drama, FJ stated she and her uncle visited SMY (for some tea?) though nothing was said if they saw each other in person (someone also commented this one). In the book, clearly they know each other its just that FJ has amnesia on faces of persons she knew. When SMY introduced himself she believed him and regarded each other as how they did before Aranyas dream.

I think the problem with the drama was SMY shocked expression in FJ and Aranya similarities when he should have known this when FJ and her uncle visited him (if they were introduced in person :expressionless:)

• Like 3