[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, BaiZiHua said:

I don't think so in China because they are having the issue with Covid 19 :tears:. TBH, I think they are only doing the very bare minimum for promo's because of that. Which is so heartbreaking because this drama is amazing and deserves promos. But, I'm happy and grateful it's still doing well thanks to the fans of the book and the drama.:heart:

I think they didn't go full force promo on this drama in view of the serious CoVid 19 situation in China. If they do, they are likely to get backlash from some crazy public. As it is, some stars went on vacation overseas and the netziens criticized them for going on vacation when mother land is experiencing hard time back.

• Insightful 3

14 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Yeah I read that Yanxi palace originally had something like 90 episodes and it was cut to 70 by the censors.  And also read the new NRTA notice but hoping they won't be too strict in applying it to dramas released on the web.

I'm just copy paste those info from some articles.

ELOD was originally 60 episode but cut to 56, equal to almost 3hrs has to edits out..what a bummer.:angry:

:) me too..how i wish today is Thursday. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

I think the problem with the drama was SMY shocked expression in FJ and Aranya similarities when he should have known this when FJ and her uncle visited him (if they were introduced in person :expressionless:)

Its the same theory when DJ look at CY and he didn't think to himself, "This guy look exactly like me!" LOL somehow in the series they just couldn't tell the difference :lol:

• Like 2

I was just wondering, do you all think when FJ gives birth in the mortal realm, Cheng Yu will be there to accompany her, as they are both such good friends (they have taken the liberty to change other parts anyway) ????

• Insightful 2

1 minute ago, katfindlay said:

Its the same theory when DJ look at CY and he didn't think to himself, "This guy look exactly like me!" LOL somehow in the series they just couldn't tell the difference :lol:

Actually there is a scene like this in the drama :sweatingbullets: 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, LaxClyne said:

Actually there is a scene like this in the drama :sweatingbullets: 

13 minutes ago, katfindlay said:

Like what @LaxClyne said, DJ did say to himself that CY looks like him when the archmage and Xiangli He came out to meet them when they docked from the cruise.  And he was staring intently at CY when he walked past (until he got distracted by FJ running off).  So he definitely noticed it.  Maybe he thought "ok, not identical" since one had white hair and the other brown :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

59 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Limits of lengthy of cdrama

Chinese dramas are known for their lengthy format. Sometimes the storyline drags up to 60 episodes due to the pay being calculated per episode. Though some viewers don’t mind the lengthy dramas, many find it too tiresome to watch such long dramas with filler episodes that contribute nothing to the story. Recently, China’s National Radio and Television Administration (NRTA) is considering setting new maximum limits of 40 episodes for dramas.

Thanks for the insight! I don't think there are much filler in ELOD except again that dreaded Mortal Arc because the story line flows smoothly. There are misunderstandings here and there but they do get resolved pretty quickly. I hate dramas that play on the misunderstanding on and on until you feel like Come On! Isn't it obvious? Are you blind??????? Hair pulling and head banging on brick wall kind of lengthy fillers.

• LOL 5

3 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Like what @LaxClyne said, DJ did say to himself that CY looks like him when the archmage and Xiangli He came out to meet them when they docked from the cruise.  And he was staring intently at CY when he walked past (until he got distracted by FJ running off).  So he definitely noticed it.  Maybe he thought "ok, not identical" since one had white hair and the other brown :joy:

This one I remember! DH actually said that CY must have practiced the same magic as him or something similar. Also, during the last scene at episode 48....

Spoiler

SMY asked DH why CY knows Creation Magic if he is Earth Immortal. Then when the mirror showed Jiuchung Tian, he said, "Indeed he has something to do with me."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I was just wondering, do you all think when FJ gives birth in the mortal realm, Cheng Yu will be there to accompany her, as they are both such good friends (they have taken the liberty to change other parts anyway) ????

I doubt it because FJ didn't actually want anyone esp from JiuChung Tien to know of her whereabouts in the mortal realm. Even though it would be nice to have CY there.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I don't know the answer but a random thought just came to my head reading this.  If DH really carries out his threat of adopting Cheng Yu as his god daughter, then strictly speaking, what must she call FJ in the future...??? :D

• LOL 9

1 minute ago, bertrande said:

I don't know the answer but a random thought just came to my head reading this.  If DH really carries out his threat of adopting Cheng Yu as his god daughter, then strictly speaking, what must she call FJ in the future...??? :D

Oohhhh...this is good. Hahaha...God Mother naturally of course. It would be so super weird if that happens. And LS calling DH God Father In Law ... cracks me up, better than calling him his grandpa no?

I also got a kick from reading the tidbits shared about LS and CY.

CY : I am pregnant.

LS : Good, than you must make sure to give birth before FJ and DH.

CY : Why?

LS : Because I want their kid to call ours Big Brother for the rest of his life!

• LOL 11

2 minutes ago, elsanna said:

Yes...how can I forget this:joy: he is always in competition with DH and always fail big time... LoL:joy:

Oh, how I miss the gossip gang of LS and SM! This drama is really fun from all corners.

I saw some clips and then it hit me that it was actually Zhong Lin who came up with the idea to send DH's half a shadow to Fanyin Valley. He was worried that with DH being in deep sleep, ML will start something bad to take advantage of the situation. Well kudos ZL! You have served your master well ... his shadow's fate is even worse than his mortal fate. But again, without your brilliant idea, your master won't have the chance to be fated with FJ. So, yeah, you did good ... kinda. :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 6
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

Thanks for the insight! I don't think there are much filler in ELOD except again that dreaded Mortal Arc because the story line flows smoothly. There are misunderstandings here and there but they do get resolved pretty quickly. I hate dramas that play on the misunderstanding on and on until you feel like Come On! Isn't it obvious? Are you blind??????? Hair pulling and head banging on brick wall kind of lengthy fillers.

Agreed.. exactly my thoughts.. except for Mortal arc..the rest was just right..and I was thinking that we didn't get enough scenes of Dongfeng's sweetness..or funny scene of two walking baqua encyclopedias..Liansong and Siming gossiping over nothing..

I didn't have to gritted my teeth or cursed out to some frustrated scene that was dreaded too long like some other dramas..just like you said..in ELOD misunderstandings get resolved pretty quickly..

Infact I find ELOD was guite rushing.. it's seem like a lot of thing was not enough covered . They sure have to edits/cut a lot of scenes.

• Like 4

53 minutes ago, bertrande said:

Copy paste .. PB 2 page 332..

When he first entered this world, Donghua never actually thought that
Chen Ye could be his own shadow. There had been times when he felt that
the Archmage's breath was somewhat familiar, but because he was too lazy
to bother, he haphazardly attributed it to two people's practicing the same
magic as an excuse to not pursue the matter any further. There weren't
many occasions when he actually used his brain, and so his brain had
always been a bit rusty. He didn't start to doubt whether Chen Ye had
anything to do with him until he saw through the Miaohua glass the
strength that could destroy Heaven and Earth. That destructive mysterious
light was originally his most advantageous sorcery. In retrospect, his guess
wasn't wrong. Sure enough, he and Chen Ye did share a certain origin.
But this origin wasn't that difficult to accept either.
A shadow, that was all that it was.
Knowing Chen Ye was his own shadow wasn't anywhere as surprising as
the day he saw that it was an earth fairy that was using creation sorcery.
Today explained about how an earth fairy could use creation sorcery. After
all, it was his own shadow, wasn't it...?

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Yori Ten said:

I doubt it because FJ didn't actually want anyone esp from JiuChung Tien to know of her whereabouts in the mortal realm. Even though it would be nice to have CY there.

CY is loyal to FJ. So she might be there for her. If not her, Xie Gaucho, the Netherworld lord. Otherwise, she'll be on her own as in the book.

Also in the book FJ and BQ writes together. But that part might become correspondence between CY and FJ.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Yori Ten said:

And if CY know FJ whereabout .. surely Siming also know..and LS just can invited Siming had a drink with him...then... there's will be...secret no more.:lol: unless CY had a deal with FJ to get even with DH.

• LOL 5

Omo...I am so slow:P  it just occured to me why DH tied FJ up as a handkerchief to his sword and took her with him to the fight with YCW...I was rewatching E26 and FJ was drunk in the palace. And she asked him if he would bring her along when he went to fight with someone...and she gestured that she is very tiny (thinking she was a fox).... So...that's why he brought her along [slap my forehead]:D

edited to respond to the "Rusty brain comment" - @jimmylyne @Yori Ten When I first read that part about him having a rusty brain, I was scratching my head and going, what was Tang Qi thinking when she wrote that? Or was the English translation a little off? Really spoil his image and our impression of him. Drinking tea and fishing has made his brains rusty. :blush:

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 4

Hi everyoneeeeeeeeee, so since we are nearing the end, I thought I just wanna say whats inside my heart. ELOD was something I truly thought would never happen BUT there was a possibility that it might. And thats because of you guys!! If it wasnt for you guys keeping this thread live with the constant discussion and posts, I think I would have forever move on from TPB/ELOD being real, so thank you!!!

That being said, Im sad it is ending, truly sad, and to be honest I havent watch yet all of it, I stop at ep8 BECAUSE I'm gonna fully watch all of the rest until the end!!!!

And lastly, im happy as well that our dreams come true, that ELOD has finally arrive, and even thought it is ending, we have this drama to watch forever and ever and ever and ever and ever till eternity hahahahahah

• Like 7
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

And if CY know FJ whereabout .. surely Siming also know..and LS just can invited Siming had a drink with him...then... there's will be...secret no more.:lol: unless CY had a deal with FJ to get even with DH.

Yup! Exactly my thoughts. And you know them immortals living high up in heavens. They have nothing better to do than to gossip and make up stories.

Remember SM elaborately concocted gossip about CY being the illegitimate child of DH and a certain fairy?

And then that other immortal who deducted that Princess Zi He and FJ can't see eye to eye due the problems between a sister and sister in law? Oh gosh, the immortals are really busy bodies!

• LOL 5

31 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

Copy paste .. PB 2 page 332..

When he first entered this world, Donghua never actually thought that
Chen Ye could be his own shadow. There had been times when he felt that
the Archmage's breath was somewhat familiar, but because he was too lazy
to bother
, he haphazardly attributed it to two people's practicing the same
magic as an excuse to not pursue the matter any further. There weren't
many occasions when he actually used his brain, and so his brain had
always been a bit rusty
. He didn't start to doubt whether Chen Ye had
anything to do with him until he saw through the Miaohua glass the
strength that could destroy Heaven and Earth. That destructive mysterious
light was originally his most advantageous sorcery. In retrospect, his guess
wasn't wrong. Sure enough, he and Chen Ye did share a certain origin.
But this origin wasn't that difficult to accept either.
A shadow, that was all that it was.
Knowing Chen Ye was his own shadow wasn't anywhere as surprising as
the day he saw that it was an earth fairy that was using creation sorcery.
Today explained about how an earth fairy could use creation sorcery. After
all, it was his own shadow, wasn't it...?

So after retiring from saving and uniting the world, this great commander of 72 generals have turned into a lazy and rusty brained immortal. If only FJ knew that her hero has retired to such a state...reminds me of Thor. Hahaha...luckily, with FJ's love, his brain cells got activated again and he became more active in pursuing his love.

• LOL 5