[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, faykey said:

Same here, :lol:... I just put it, years in mortal are only a few days in heaven,  that's  it...  :lol:

Haha yea but the one thing that doesn't make sense is when BaiQian slept for 3 heaven years then went to the mortal realm and sees Sujin's faith but nothing changes (as in the era lols) :blink:  Like whaaaaaattt? :crazy:

1 hour ago, haylyne said:

I replayed that scene part since someone pointed out that DJ didn't really notice FJ because he's absorbed looking at the fish and the pin. So at this point he not yet seen the face of FJ in immortal realm.

ooh that could also be the case! But even if he saw her face it was only that one time plus she was just a fairy maid- doubt he'll remember anyways.

1 hour ago, SC2019 said:

So in summary, after reading all the discussions on page 144 of the forum, it isn't that DH doesn't remember but he hasn't really met Bai Feng Jiu of Qing Qiu yet. And I think there is some truth to that.

On pg 345 in book 2 of the novel, Xie Guchou and Feng Jiu are talking and he asks her "Won't it be hard on you to see Dijun again?" and she replies, "....By the time we meet in the mortal realm, it will only be for repayment. Then perhaps we'll meet again one day in Heaven at some banquet or other. He'll be the revered deity who rarely comes to parties, and I'll still be Fengjiu of Qingqiu. In his eyes, I'll just be a young queen he is meeting for the first time. What we had between us were simply my once having liked him without him ever knowing."

And I think this paragraph explains it all about Dijun not knowing who she was in the time spent with him in the mortal arc.

@midnight_muse I laughed so loudly when I read what you wrote about the summary writer "needing a new job".

In the book as first they don’t have faith or destiny.  Fengjiu serve in Dijun palaces for 400 years without meeting him cause they don’t have destiny.  Not until much later on they start to have destiny but their destiny is very weak.

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

On pg 345 in book 2 of the novel, Xie Guchou and Feng Jiu are talking and he asks her "Won't it be hard on you to see Dijun again?" and she replies, "....By the time we meet in the mortal realm, it will only be for repayment. Then perhaps we'll meet again one day in Heaven at some banquet or other. He'll be the revered deity who rarely comes to parties, and I'll still be Fengjiu of Qingqiu. In his eyes, I'll just be a young queen he is meeting for the first time. What we had between us were simply my once having liked him without him ever knowing."

And I think this paragraph explains it all about Dijun not knowing who she was in the time spent with him in the mortal arc.

Good observations...those conversations between FJ and Xie Guchou .....was what Miaohua Mirror's had showed DH....prior to that...Xie Guchou tell FJ about DH will reborn into Mortal Realm..in another thirty yrs.

DH use Miaohua Mirror to check the actual identity of Aranya/ChenYe than afterward he got a confirmation that ChenYe was indeed born from his shadow as he suspected...and he also later found out that Aranya was born from FJ shadow and IF DH did not use his upgraded Miaohua Mirror..DH will never know what's FJ had has been through.

Because of his curiosity..wanted to know why FJ send her shadow to follow his shadow (we know the reason why FJ do what she had to do - to do her repayment) but DH didn't know about that. He doesn't care about repayment bc he saves people all the time.

Again from Miaohua Mirror DJ practically know everything about FJ..her difficulties..grief..resentment sufferings her anguish( Zhihe tortures/Jiheng the liar/Jiheng's riďding animal attacks that almost cost her life - thks to Siming )in order to do a repayment to him.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, lizzy23 said:

Yeah I agree on DH not noticing FJ yet. I'm a bit confused on this though since DH did see FJ as a fairy maid (when he used FJ's hairpin to smell the fish or something?)- but maybe because she's just a fairy maid so he didn't think much of her.

As for mortal realm = more time to recuperate I am so lost on this. The rules for time in both TMOPB and PB always confuses me so I just don't even bother anymore :vicx:

i think he didnt noticed her when she was a maid because they are not destined at that time, remember this is change after aryana dream 

5 hours ago, lizzy23 said:

exactly my thoughts- what's the point of going through the trials with the purpose to understand sufferings if at the end the deity forgets it all? :sweatingbullets:  This was my thought for TMOPB though. If, however, remembering is not essential to recover the cultivation (the reason he undergone trial in the drama), then sure it makes sense for him to possibly forget what happens in the trial.

mmm maybe you are all right maybe he will remember his mortal life  but because he doesnt know fengjiu yet .... 

4 hours ago, faykey said:

Same here, :lol:... I just put it, years in mortal are only a few days in heaven,  that's  it...  :lol:

In the books, only the world where Yehua was reincarnating had the rule that a year in mortal realm counts a day in heaven.

In the drama "Ten miles of peach blossoms" they used it for every mortal world and made their mistakes by ignoring it by times.

For example, when Yehua lived on mount Junji with Bai Qian, he left the mountain to just show his face at his fathers wedding and came back half a year later, as if he went to buy cigarrets. Compared to his sons birthday, where he left to talk to first disciplin and came back the same day.

I didn't like the confusing times in Ten miles of peach blossoms and I hope that Pillow book will do better.

Ahhhh i suddenly remember, Dijun first noticed Feng Jiu of Qingqiu are on the lake, when he and heaven clan elder pick up the bride (Bai Qian) , but he didn't give much attention there, then his first impression to Feng Jiu are at the wedding when she trying to beat fire demon or something ( i forgot ):ph34r:....bath... then turn into handkerchief and so on...:D

Ahhhh i can't wait to see how they'll gonna potray that storypart .

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, faykey said:

Ahhhh i suddenly remember, Dijun first noticed Feng Jiu of Qingqiu are on the lake, when he and heaven clan elder pick up the bride (Bai Qian) , but he didn't give much attention there, then his first impression to Feng Jiu are at the wedding when she trying to beat fire demon or something ( i forgot ):ph34r:....bath... then turn into handkerchief and so on...:D

Ahhhh i can't wait to see how they'll gonna potray that storypart .

FJ made an impression to DJ during his aunt wedding banquet due to flower pot. It was stuck on her foot and trying to dislodge it but ended flying to DJ, then later blame to Migu. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

Question for those that read the novel...

Does the novel have an open ending? I read some excerpts of the ending. Does it truly end with DJ recognizing his son but FJ is in a coma or something? Are they at least married?

@whome, kind of, but we know all is well. This is from the novel's final chapter:

Spoiler

Uncle Xie Guchou patted his back to reassure him. “Do you think Zheyan is a crook doctor? Your mom is hurt, but she'll wake up soon after a few months of rest. She has always praised you for being so calm and responsible for your age. Let me see now how responsible you are.” 
Bai Gungun didn't know who Zheyan was, but he knew Uncle Xie would never lie to him. Since he said his mother was alright, she must be alright. 

And yes, Dijun

Spoiler

recognizes his son. They are married though there was no a big wedding. The book says that Dong Hua refused divorce and searched the world for her, while she was hiding with their son from him.

But I think the drama ending will be even happier.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, haylyne said:

Yeah, and we can see it from the trailer. DJ and FJ looking at BG playing with birds I think.

You are correct. Although I know that means happy ending for sure, i hope theres more to the ending than that, or that thats not the real literal end. I know in TMOPB they literally showed us the ending, even though we didnt know it was the ending (the scene at the end of the intro where Bai Qian and Ye Hua are at the tree cuddling after he comes back)

• Like 2

While we're waiting for new episodes, I'm wondering what is everyone's favorite and least favorite thing about the drama so far?? Or what are things that have surprised you so far?

•  For me I would say my favorite thing so far is how well they've translated the characters in the book to the drama and how fairly true it's been to the original.
  • Least favorite would be how much screen time JiHeng is getting. I don't dislike her but it feels like I'm sitting through Xuan Nu (from TMOPB) scenes all over again lol
  • As for what has surprised me, I would say the quality of the drama in general (CGI, graphic effects, casting, voices) and I'm pleasantly surprised at how well they portrayed FJ's fox scenes! I liked how they mixed it with the CGI fox, FJ's thoughts on the inside, and her glowing appearance on the outside. :blush:
  • Like 5

Too much plastic :joy:

Have to admit she is right about colors and filter. Absolutely disagree about the lack of chemistry though. Where did this come from?!

And of course we want to see what's in the book. There was enough imagination used in TMOPB, thank you, now we want the real thing!

What do you guys think about the directing part?

• Like 6

I'm wondering if the intimate scene from the episode trailer would be just a dream of mortal DJ since it was in his bedroom. From the book, mortal DJ and YQ never been intimate with her since touching her is a big sin.

If yes, then the drama eternal love of dream sure live up on its name, people love to dream. :joy:

Ayz, I can't wait for the new episode to roll in. :bawling:

• Like 2

10 hours ago, elsanna said:

Guys what was three lives in novel...as one being FJ and DH other being ARANYA and I forgot his name:P what was the third life then... I am little confused here:sweatingbullets:

I think one more life is FJ as the owl clan princess in fanyin valley. In the book, this happens after the wedding of BQ and YH. DH has a duel with Xiao Yan, the demon Lord. FJ and Xiao Yan fall into Fanyin Valley as an accident. But whether this is shown in the drama is a question mark. 

@9tRedFox I do have some respect for avenuex's comments. Frankly I don't know much about directing techniques and I haven't studied much in that aspect to know the technicalities about lighting and shadows. I do see where she is coming from about the subtlety of the scenes. And now that she has pointed out the hair do, shadows, etc I realise the differences. So I do want to commend her for her knowledge in this area. For me, I just derive the enjoyment from the show and want to see the novel come to life. I would rather not nitpick about the shooting details. I think that would make me lose the pleasure of watching. Ignorance is bliss.

Still she is entitled to comment because that is her expertise. On the lack of subtleness and tension that pulls us in, let us hope we get to watch that this week so that it can catch up with what TMPOB and LAD had to offer. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

I think one more life is FJ as the owl clan princess in fanyin valley. In the book, this happens after the wedding of BQ and YH. DH has a duel with Xiao Yan, the demon Lord. FJ and Xiao Yan fall into Fanyin Valley as an accident. But whether this is shown in the drama is a question mark. 

FJ and DJ in immortal realm, Emperor Song and Consort Chen in mortal realm, lastly Aranya and Xize in the dream realm.

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

If you remember there was one of the leaked scenes where FJ and XY were spinning around together. I think this is when they fall to Fan Yin valley.

• Like 1