[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

Too much plastic :joy:

Have to admit she is right about colors and filter. Absolutely disagree about the lack of chemistry though. Where did this come from?!

And of course we want to see what's in the book. There was enough imagination used in TMOPB, thank you, now we want the real thing!

What do you guys think about the directing part?

Who said that? We don't even reach an actual part yet.. a DongFeng's moments.

Up until the last episode we only had seen one of DongFeng interaction .FJ's imagination- nose rub..eskimo's kiss isn't it? Which i think so adorable..

About the directing part..so far so good none of the characters was exaggerating nor cringing..

It Just maybe i expected that DH character live up to his name the Almighty one..his coldness, Emotionless, seriousness,  nonchalant just like everyone in the Universe thought he would be..but from the last fews episode we has seen his mischievously smile ( secretly smile bc he thought no one watching him but Liangson and FJ catch that ) yet very captivating..

What's i mean ..i like to see his character developed or transfrom from Emotionless Loveless Desireless( before he meets FJ) to a very caring and loving , still nonchalantly prankster ,sappy ,passionate affectionate DH after he fell in love with FJ..

As for Vengo acting was also good..(some fan claimed he was not a good actor).He did a good job so far.

The only thing border me was too much screentime for JIHENG character.

• Like 2

@jimmylyne, AvenueX mentioned the chemistry between the two leads as one of the biggest problems, along with script and directing. It's at 9:12 of her review.

Honestly, is it just me who thinks V+D have crazy chemistry? They have been in at least 7 dramas together. If Vengo doesn't have chemistry with Dilraba then it means he has only chemistry with himself :joy:

• Like 4
  • LOL 5

19 minutes ago, angelangie said:

PB have a good rating on Jan/27 it had went up to Top 3 in the Prosperity Chart by Datawin

Let go pillow book, climb up to number one spot.

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, jacquelinetan said:

People who review dramas I believe is a guide not the law. We all should enjoy the drama because we do and not because someone telling us we should or should not.

Agreed on this 100%. Everyone should have their own opinions and take on this drama whether it's negative or positive. Even us in this forum have various opinions that were discussed up to 144 pages. So guys it's all about loyalty and love for the book and the drama that we save the best for last cus we all know what's coming next will be the deakbreaker. Just take whatever with a pinch of salt. 

• Like 6

37 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

@jimmylyne, AvenueX mentioned the chemistry between the two leads as one of the biggest problems, along with script and directing. It's at 9:12 of her review.

Honestly, is it just me who thinks V+D have crazy chemistry? They have been in at least 7 dramas together. If Vengo doesn't have chemistry with Dilraba then it means he has only chemistry with himself :joy:

Oh really..and who is this AvenueX? She can say anything she want or says about anything..or everything . That's her opinion ...but if she really think there was no chemistry between Vengo/Reba..what?.. where planet she is come from?( just kidding)

Nah..never mind her..think all she want..bc i still think the chemistry between Vengo/Reba was the best in C- drama..practically DongFeng couple was the reason i wanted to watch c- drama after watched their intensely sizzling and bedazzled by them in TMOPB. 

It is so unfair tho..bc we are just at episode 12 only not even at half...we have yet to see any real interaction between the main leads..at least wait until we reach the main part of the story..so for me her comments was invaluable totally INVALID( sorry not sorry to AvenueX ) bc it's stiil too early to judge...LoL.

For me Vengo/Reba dazzlingly intense chemistry..the off-charts chemistry..was everything i expected..( i wanted to say more but enough for now).

• Like 6

About avenuex comment on Fengjiu's hair, am I the only one that prefer her braid in Pillow book ? Its so neat and youthfull. Her hair in TMOPB is just blah for me, make her look older, too old fashion :sweatingbullets:

And the comments about "girl in disguise is really obvious" is ridiculous, hello~ is this your first time watching chinese drama? Even korean drama is like that, even Bai qian did it ! 

About lighting or whatever not gonna comment since I dont really understand it, but the CGI is really good IMO

About the chemistry, are you kidding me? The havent meet yet! You could see the chemistry between DH and the fox for now ~ :P

Edited by Sisca_TVXQ
  • Like 7

14 minutes ago, Sisca_TVXQ said:

About the chemistry, are you kidding me? The havent meet yet! You could see the chemistry between DH and the fox for now ~ :P

Just exactly what i thought..they haven't meet yet..that's why i say AvenueX's  comments was Invaluable and invalid.

• Like 3

Lol honestly I cant be bothered anymore, I dont understand how someone can review a show so quickly. I get Avenuex is only doing a 'first impression' video on the series but it would make more sense if just finished the drama and made a full, constructive review on it all. Things like 'the main leads dont have chemistry and we haven't seen them together yet,etc' is a bit of pointless statement considering the whole point of their love story is that separated from each other due to their lack of fate. This is not a story where the male leads meet and never separate and always find each other. The whole point of the story is create tension and make us more excited for their interactions. For example I could say the say thing for tmopb and say wheres yehua and baiqian together the beginning episodes? It doesn't make sense. She does make a valid point on lighting and shadow but to be honest, who really noticed those details? The only things I've heard people complain about was worrying the wig difference or more makeup on vengo than usual and the excessive pastel colours in the heavenly kingdom. Anyways, my point is guys is that a review is just a review. It's not more important just because that person has a face and camera and a YouTube channel. You shouldnt let that put you off this show. ESPECIALLY, when we're only 12 EPISODES in to a 56 EPISODE SHOW which EACH EPISODE is around a hour each. I prefer to watch Avenuex reviews when she completes the show. Plus I personally find this story is wayy more interesting than baiqan and yehuas love story. In my eyes, she should ended up mo yuan anyway.

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, Bai Gun Gun said:

Lol honestly I cant be bothered anymore, I dont understand how someone can review a show so quickly. I get Avenuex is only doing a 'first impression' video on the series but it would make more sense if just finished the drama and made a full, constructive review on it all. Things like 'the main leads dont have chemistry and we haven't seen them together yet,etc' is a bit of pointless statement considering the whole point of their love story is that separated from each other due to their lack of fate. This is not a story where the male leads meet and never separate and always find each other. The whole point of the story is create tension and make us more excited for their interactions. For example I could say the say thing for tmopb and say wheres yehua and baiqian together the beginning episodes? It doesn't make sense. She does make a valid point on lighting and shadow but to be honest, who really noticed those details? The only things I've heard people complain about was worrying the wig difference or more makeup on vengo than usual and the excessive pastel colours in the heavenly kingdom. Anyways, my point is guys is that a review is just a review. It's not more important just because that person has a face and camera and a YouTube channel. You shouldnt let that put you off this show. ESPECIALLY, when we're only 12 EPISODES in to a 56 EPISODE SHOW which EACH EPISODE is around a hour each. I prefer to watch Avenuex reviews when she completes the show. Plus I personally find this story is wayy more interesting than baiqan and yehuas love story. In my eyes, she should ended up mo yuan anyway.

Agreed...AvenueX's opinion/review is.... Waaaaayy too early! that why..for now  I'm gonna...just disregard her comments .

• Like 2

Personally, I'm enjoying the show. There's very few instances when our leads actually interact as romantic leads ( all in our heroine's imagination!) And fur to skin contact was when she was a fox!! but I expected this because it took them eons to get together in the book! 

You could say this is the background of their love story and the introduction of the various characters who will appear in it. I understand that some may be impatient and even critical of the leads interaction but this was really how it started in the book. DHDJ was really not into girls back then. FJ was really just one sided with her love for him in the start. 

I actually enjoy the backstory because I get to understand some things which confused me in the book. So, for me, it on with my viewing  of the show. 

• Like 3

I don't like AvenueX's first impression of pillow book.

She might be right with the design, but I don't care for these details. I think it looks well enough.

But I agree with you that it is too early to say there's no chemistry if they didn't meet themselves in person.

We will see them in the next episodes and I believe that they will match well.

I don't understand, why she says that the genre is so outdating, she even calls it beating a dead horse. I know the popular Tmopb and Aol are now a few years old, but so many people are watching Pillow book as well, even if it looks "cheap".

Are we all freaks, because we love this drama?

Mostly I like AvenueX's reviews, but this, I don't like. Well, it's her opinion and if she doesn't like she doesn't like. I just hoped that everyone would love the drama as I do.

Now, that's the way it is.

• Like 4

For me as long as they could satisfy me as a book reader that is what I call a success. Look at the Untamed, the CGI is ridiculous and the costume is also not that good, make up, lighting etc, all looks low budget. But look how successful it is, all that matter is chemistry between the leads and following closely to the book.

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

On 1/14/2020 at 9:05 PM, Sisca_TVXQ said:

The drama is not aired yet and they are already selling the merchandise? This look like a powerbank?

https://weibointl.api.weibo.cn/share/113267579.html?weibo_id=4460964302411942

@even so Agreed, I love the Untamed too but Tencent is milking it too much. And now there is also "The Untamed Special". It basically the same only few seconds deleted scenes :sweatingbullets:

Hi @Sisca_TVXQ did you figure out on how to purchase the link you posted before ( the one above)
Can somebody tell me where we can purchase the official merchandise specifically the hand warmer from the link above? :) its hard to purchase from international fans :( did anybody tried purchasing official merchandise?

6 minutes ago, Wuxia公主 said:

Hi @Sisca_TVXQ did you figure out on how to purchase the link you posted before ( the one above)
Can somebody tell me where we can purchase the official merchandise specifically the hand warmer from the link above? :) its hard to purchase from international fans :( did anybody tried purchasing official merchandise?

Hi, sorry I cant help you. Maybe try googling it for buying service?

6 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

Too much plastic :joy:

Have to admit she is right about colors and filter. Absolutely disagree about the lack of chemistry though. Where did this come from?!

And of course we want to see what's in the book. There was enough imagination used in TMOPB, thank you, now we want the real thing!

What do you guys think about the directing part?

I agree that some of the costumes and sets + props look cheap (like the the swords can look really clunky)
Also the lighting definitely does need more shadows...I also noticed there were times where the camera would become blurry
As for the chemistry, I think they don't really need strong chemistry YET because at this point DH hasn't even official met FJ! It's suppose to be very one-sided on FJ's part. The real chemistry stuff doesn't really start until after Bai Qian's wedding where they meet and into Fanyin Valley and Aranya's Dream. 
AvenueX definitely comes from a more technical background so I get her critique of the Pillow Book so far but we've yet to hit the real surface of DH and FJ's story! 
As someone who's read the books many times I think so far I am enjoying it.

• Like 7