[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

16 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

According to the released clips, definitely will run past ep.18

That’s quite long. Thanks!

I will watch this drama again after the mortal arc. I still couldn’t get the hang of it. The one that I really like is only YQT’s storyline. It’s not described properly in the book and I’ve found myself rooting for him.

• Awesome 1

22 minutes ago, midnight_muse said:

According to the released clips, definitely will run past ep.18

Wow that's a long stretch in mortal arc. That means this wk we going to have 6 episodes total to 18 and by next Thursday total to 20th episodes concluded the mortal arc so by Friday or Saturday we going to see them in Sky Kingdom and Bai Qian wedding probably? 

2 minutes ago, Asliza Mohd said:

Wow that's a long stretch in mortal arc. That means this wk we going to have 6 episodes total to 18 and by next Thursday total to 20th episodes concluded the mortal arc so by Friday or Saturday we going to see them in Sky Kingdom and Bai Qian wedding probably? 

I have a feeling the mortal arc will end the week after but I'll be happy to be proven wrong!

I wonder how they'll do the wedding since only YangMi will do a cameo.

40 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

I will watch this drama again after the mortal arc. I still couldn’t get the hang of it. The one that I really like is only YQT’s storyline. It’s not described properly in the book and I’ve found myself rooting for him.

Me too! I didn't expect to like YQT as much as I do, what a lovely surprise lol
I wish the mortal arc wasn't this long tbh but what can you do *sigh* 
I feel like it got stretched out because they added Jiheng and Nie Chuyin into the mix
Hope I don't get bored :sweat_smile:

13 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

I have a feeling the mortal arc will end the week after but I'll be happy to be proven wrong!

I wonder how they'll do the wedding since only YangMi will do a cameo.

I hope it ends sooner than that lol
Well in the books Ye Hua was barely there, in the wedding I swear he just got too drunk and had to leave haha
And after that he was never around because he was so busy

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, midnight_muse said:

Me too! I didn't expect to like YQT as much as I do, what a lovely surprise lol
I wish the mortal arc wasn't this long tbh but what can you do *sigh* 
I feel like it got stretched out because they added Jiheng and Nie Chuyin into the mix
Hope I don't get bored :sweat_smile:

I hope it ends sooner than that lol
Well in the books Ye Hua was barely there, in the wedding I swear he just got too drunk and had to leave haha
And after that he was never around because he was so busy

Wasn't there a rumor that the actress who plays Jiheng is the original owner of PB rights? Then because of the supposed backlash because she wanted to cast herself as FJ, she conceded as long as she become one of the main char (and that's why she got to play JH). If that is really the case, then I guess that's also contributing on JH having more screentime. I don't know how true this is though so don't quote me on that.

I also can't wait for mortal arc to finish because I want the journey of Donghua chasing Fengjiu to begin ASAP! :D

• Like 3

While waiting for new episodes I’ve finished reading both books. Now I can’t wait for them to get to Aranaya’s dream and also the sky kingdom where DJ starts to fall in love with FJ. I don’t mind the mortal realm episodes and YQT is an interesting character so far but I also don’t want things to drag out especially because of Jiheng’s role in the mortal realm. 

Fingers crossed we’ll be done with the mortal realm by this week! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 7psyche7 said:

Now I can’t wait for them to get to Aranaya’s dream

Me too! Although there were some criticisms when the book came out, I prefer the second book compared to the first one. I just hope they wouldn’t add JH (again) in this arc.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

Too much plastic :joy:

Have to admit she is right about colors and filter. Absolutely disagree about the lack of chemistry though. Where did this come from?!

And of course we want to see what's in the book. There was enough imagination used in TMOPB, thank you, now we want the real thing!

What do you guys think about the directing part?

I have to agree with majority of her technical points. While having a good background, costumes and props are not mandatory, but they really help frame the scenes, make them more aesthetically enjoyable. It was also part of what made TMOPB and L&D stand from the other historical dramas for me.

Side note - Some of the costumes make DH look really really thin and proportionally imbalance. 

As for the directing/writing - I do find them very straightforward and missing the subtle actions between characters. Words are important but an unspoken action says alot more. I hope this improves as we delve into the more complex story arcs. 

I disagree that there are no chemistry between actors since at this point they haven't even met properly.  I am praying for more meaningful interaction shown to build up the tension/chemistry/awareness between the character.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

By the way, while overall the color and shadows are worse than TMOPB, I find Vengo's face prettier here. It looks more slim or smth., in TMOPB is was more round. If that makes sense :D

Regarding the chemistry, it is weird for me because it is V+D. AvenueX must have seen them in other dramas, so I hope this is not her overall impression that they lack chemistry. Yes, she was reviewing The Pillow Book solely but still, if they have chemistry in general, of course it will show up in this drama as well.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Wuxia公主 said:

Hi @Sisca_TVXQ did you figure out on how to purchase the link you posted before ( the one above)
Can somebody tell me where we can purchase the official merchandise specifically the hand warmer from the link above? :) its hard to purchase from international fans :( did anybody tried purchasing official merchandise?

Not sure if you have used Taobao before , but the merchandise are available there. 

Here are the direct links to the merchandise:

External battery / Powerbank

Umbrella

Flask

Donghua and FengJiu figurine

Some pictures , sharing it as screenshots, hope you all don't mind . 

Look how pretty they are!! Tempted to get some too!

e7LkAnr.jpglDexWQ3.jpg

OSqFRZ3.jpg

12 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Honestly, we should appreciate that she gave up the rights. She could go on and refuse. And I just don't get what's the big deal with her screen time, it cannot be V+D all the time for 56 eps. anyways.

That's right. While I was honestly unhappy at the time when I heard the rumor that she bought PB rights so that she can star as FJ, I don't agree on the bullying that she indicated she got for it.

There has been criticism that Jiheng got too much screen time. She is the second fiddle (like Sujin in TMOPB) so of course people shouldn't be too surprised that she isn't hidden in the background. But from what I conclude through reading the forum the past few days, JH wasn't supposed to be in the mortal arc (I am not 100% sure about this since as I said before I haven't read the novel). if that is indeed the case, even if such change increased her screen time, is there even any proof that she influenced this decision? For all we know it could have been a creative choice made by the director/scriptwriter or even suggestions from Tang Qi herself.

Either way, even if she did indeed ask for the increased screen time as her condition on giving up the rights, she doesn't deserve to be bullied. Hope she get the help she needs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2