[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

2 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

By the way, while overall the color and shadows are worse than TMOPB, I find Vengo's face prettier here. It looks more slim or smth., in TMOPB is was more round. If that makes sense :D

Regarding the chemistry, it is weird for me because it is V+D. AvenueX must have seen them in other dramas, so I hope this is not her overall impression that they lack chemistry. Yes, she was reviewing The Pillow Book solely but still, if they have chemistry in general, of course it will show up in this drama as well.

I have seen Vengo/Reba last projects..V-Love , TMOPB, Mr Pride a Prejudice .My personal opinion still strongly feels that there's undeniable chemistry between Vengo/Reba.

Doesn't matter how many dramas she ( AvenueX) had seen of Vengo/Reba projects..lacking or no chemistry or whatsoever but IF her reviews was included this drama...it's just totally

UNFAIR to say that there is lack chemistry between main leads..i mean how she know? We are only at episode 12( out of 56) until now we didn't see any scenes of DongFeng meet 'Eyes to Eyes'.. at least wait to the part where King Song Xuanren know Xiao Jiu is actually his '"Fairy".

AvenueX reviews about the "chemistry talks"...can't be sentenced or considered INVALID. (I won't comment about her other reviews bc I'm not expertise in CGI , Light, Camera etc etc etc..)

UNLESS....maybe she's already seen or watched the Main part of DongFeng interaction? But I'm sure she haven't like the rest of us..at 12 episode..but then again how she know about lacking chemistry?

But it's her opinion also it's her right..

1 hour ago, 9tRedFox said:

Honestly, we should appreciate that she gave up the rights. She could go on and refuse. And I just don't get what's the big deal with her screen time, it cannot be V+D all the time for 56 eps. anyways.

After read her story i feels so bad bc I'm also thought her screentime was to much and wastes..like you said now I'm so grateful and thankful..

If the story about her supposedly attempted to suicide is true...i hope she will have a strength to overcome all her difficulties...

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Azhire Jeon said:

Guys I'm confused, in mydramalist Vengo Gao will portray Dijun, ChenYe and Song Xuanren, what about Xize then? isn't Xize, Dijun as well?  Is he gonna portray two characters in Aranya arc? ;)

In Aranya Dreamverse Dijun stole/borrow Xize identity..so the one who loving and caring about Aranya/FJ is Dijun..while the other Xize was goes into seclusion..rarely seen in Aranya Dream..

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimmylyne said:

In Aranya Dreamverse Dijun stole/borrow Xize identity..so the one who loving and caring about Aranya/FJ is Dijun..while the other Xize was goes into seclusion..rarely seen in Aranya Dream..

Yup, I know that :) but is he gonna play two characters in Aranya arc? cause he's supposed to be still Dijun but adapting the character of Xize in Aranya's arc cause he stole it and in mydramalist characters, he's supposed to portray Chen Ye too.. :D

14 minutes ago, Azhire Jeon said:

Yup, I know that :) but is he gonna play two characters in Aranya arc? cause he's supposed to be still Dijun but adapting the character of Xize in Aranya's arc cause he stole it and in mydramalist characters, he's supposed to portray Chen Ye too.. :D

I'm assuming he will, because Chen Ye is Dijun's shadow :)

Looking at the trailers and the opening + ending clips it seemed like that's the case to me.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Azhire Jeon said:

Dijun never played the character of Xize, he just stole his identity. Everyone was thinking he's Xize but he never did things Xize would do. It was easier for him if they see him as Xize, but he didn't need to play him.

4 minutes ago, Dedrya said:

Dijun never played the character of Xize, he just stole his identity. Everyone was thinking he's Xize but he never did things Xize would do. It was easier for him if they see him as Xize, but he didn't need to play him.

Yeah but the consummation is supposed to happen with Xize soooo better Vengo plays him for good!! :tounge_wink:

• LOL 1

1 hour ago, Dao said:

Hope she get all the help she need.

It’s true, she attempted suicide but failed. There are photos of her in the hospital recovering. But this happen like back in summer 2018 before they started shooting this drama. Honestly I feel really bad for her but she needs to realize that her suicide attempt won’t change anyone’s perspective on their opinions. The fans in China can be very cruel towards their use of words. She just needs to learn how to brush off those bad comments. I can’t imagine anyone else playing Bai Fengjui beside Diliraba. She is made for this role.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

Yeah but the consummation is supposed to happen with Xize soooo better Vengo plays him for good!! :tounge_wink:

No, she never consummated with Xize neither fell in love with him. Everyone in Aranyas Dream called him Xize because they didn't know he's Dijun. He just casted a spell on everyone that makes everyone think Xize looks like him.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Dedrya said:

Yes.. he stole the identity of Xize so he's still Dijun there and then he have to play the character of Chen Ye as well, so two characters portrayal in Aranya arc.. cause I think it would be weird seeing Xize not played by Vengo Gao too right? 

35 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

I'm assuming he will, because Chen Ye is Dijun's shadow :)

Looking at the trailers and the opening + ending clips it seemed like that's the case to me.

right? cause it will be really weird to see Xize not played by Vengo Gao too :sweatingbullets:

16 minutes ago, Azhire Jeon said:

right? cause it will be really weird to see Xize not played by Vengo Gao too :sweatingbullets:

It would be really weird if Vengo also plays Xize.:D

But I know what you mean, because the Dijun-Xize can't look like the old archmage and we don't wanna see anyone else with Fengjiu.

Luckily in the book Dijun didn't borrow the looks of him.

On 1/27/2020 at 2:17 PM, 9tRedFox said:

Guys, help!

Hide contents

Does FJ know that this is not Dijun in the mortal arc?

In the book she found out in the end. Did I miss something in the drama?

I thought his shadow went down in Fanyinin valley but he did go down as the king in mortal realm.  2 different times

1 hour ago, Azhire Jeon said:

Guys I'm confused, in mydramalist Vengo Gao will portray Dijun, ChenYe and Song Xuanren, what about Xize then? isn't Xize, Dijun as well?  Is he gonna portray two characters in Aranya arc? ;)

Upon going to Aranya's dream, DJ will borrow Xize identity (only in name since he use correction spell to fool those people in thinking he is Xize where the original will be frozen back in the mountain) while waiting for FJ body to recover at the same time take care of FJ soul.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Dedrya said:

It would be really weird if Vengo also plays Xize.:D

But I know what you mean, because the Dijun-Xize can't look like the old archmage and we don't wanna see anyone else with Fengjiu.

Luckily in the book Dijun didn't borrow the looks of him.

Yup, it will be really weird to see if the scenes with Fengjiu/Aranya specially the caring scenes/setup by the two sister scene if Vengo's not the one doing it.. and like you said Dijun didn't borrow the real Xize's appearance.. :D so it will still be Dijun (Vengo) and Chen Ye portrayed by Vengo though.. :sweatingbullets:

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, loyaltvbviewer said:

I thought his shadow went down in Fanyinin valley but he did go down as the king in mortal realm.  2 different times

Yeah, I though so, but here is what is in the end of the book:

Spoiler

Five hundred years ago, the Miaoyi Huiming Realm had begun to show signs of collapse. Dijun spent half of his cultivation to stabilize it and afterward went into a century-long sleep. At that time, wasn't there a rumor that claimed Dijun had reincarnated to the mortal realm in order to experience mortal sufferings? With Dijun's personality, why would he have such a strange whim of wanting to experience human's sufferings? Taichen Palace only spread such rumor to cover up the fact that Dijun was in a deep sleep.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, haylyne said:

Upon going to Aranya's dream, DJ will borrow Xize identity (only in name since he use correction spell to fool those people in thinking he is Xize where the original will be frozen back in the mountain) while waiting for FJ body to recover at the same time take care of FJ soul.

Yup I know that, what I'm confused with is that Vengo will play two characters in the Aranya arc.. since he didn't borrow Xize's appearance there and he just cast spell to make people believe he is really Xize, but he is still Dijun and it was also written that Vengo Gao is playing Chen Ye too.. :D:sweatingbullets:

In the book Aranya and Chenye doesn't look like DJ and FJ at all. And this is the reason FJ didn't know Aranya is her shadow, and the same goes to DJ until it was reveal upon looking in the miaohua glass. Although he felt weird around Chenye because he can feel the same creation magic sorcery he has around that person.

For the drama version, maybe they should have use different actors to portray aranya and chenye so people don't get confused. But what the heck, these are FJ and DJ shadows so why not use the same artist to portray them. :P

• Like 1