[Mainland Chinese Web Drama 2020] Three Lives Three Worlds The Pillow Book 三生三世枕上书

MayanEcho

16 minutes ago, haylyne said:

In the book Aranya and Chenye doesn't look like DJ and FJ at all. And this is the reason FJ didn't know Aranya is her shadow, and the same goes to DJ until it was reveal upon looking in the miaohua glass. Although he felt weird around Chenye because he can feel the same creation magic sorcery he has around that person.

For the drama version, maybe they should have use different actors to portray aranya and chenye so people don't get confused. But what the heck, these are FJ and DJ shadows so why not use the same artist to portray them. :P

I don’t understand why people get confused, Fengjiu has a simple on her forehead and Aranya doesn’t. Dijun has white hair and Cheney has black hair,

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Dao said:

I don’t understand why people get confused, Fengjiu has a simple on her forehead and Aranya doesn’t. Dijun has white hair and Cheney has black hair,

Confused because Vengo is playing two character in Aranya arc which is kinda weird cause what if there is a scene where Aranya is with Xize (Dijun) and ChenYe both played by Vengo, lol :sweatingbullets: (although I can't remember if there really is on the book, still in the process of rereading it though) while Dilraba just one character because Fengjiu soul is already inside Aranya. and after she woke up from the coffin Fengjiu absorbs Aranya's character and she really become the Aranya in that world so Dilraba still has one character.. 

2 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:
  1 hour ago, loyaltvbviewer said:

I thought his shadow went down in Fanyinin valley but he did go down as the king in mortal realm.  2 different times

Yeah, I though so, but here is what is in the end of the book:

Reveal hidden contents

I confused as well. Please throw some light

the current dongua in the mortal world, is he really the Dijin reincarnation? Or he is just a mortal with his face?

i did not read this part anywhere in the book.

4 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

@Kachan02, in the book Dijun never reincarnated in the mortal realm. It was a lie. But in the drama we still don't know if it's truth or illusion. We might think it's for real and later they may reveal it was fake. We'll see.

DJ really went to mortal realm as per book 2 with YQ narration. FJ told YQ that she was there to help the heaven's emperor on his mortal trial.

4 hours ago, Dedrya said:

No, she never consummated with Xize neither fell in love with him. Everyone in Aranyas Dream called him Xize because they didn't know he's Dijun. He just casted a spell on everyone that makes everyone think Xize looks like him.

But she didn't know Dijun was Xize and since she didn't recognize him, she believed she slept with Xize, right? Well, I cannot say I like this part :D

44 minutes ago, 9tRedFox said:

But she didn't know Dijun was Xize and since she didn't recognize him, she believed she slept with Xize, right? Well, I cannot say I like this part :D

You're right, but in that case, Xize was nothing but a name. Fengjiu never fell in love with a name or the idea of Xize as the real one.

She fell for Dijun's character, how he cared for her and how familiar he felt.

You can say she loved Xize because she fell in love with him as she thought he's Xize, but for me he was never anyone other than Dijun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Dedrya said:

You're right, but in that case, Xize was nothing but a name. Fengjiu never fell in love with a name or the idea of Xize as the real one.

She fell for Dijun's character, how he cared for her and how familiar he felt.

You can say she loved Xize because she fell in love with him as she thought he's Xize, but for me he was never anyone other than Dijun

In that world, Xize@Dijun made many moves on FJ@Aranya and it confused her somewhat because according to Su Moye who recounted what happened in the past, Xize's relationship with Aranya was merely on paper. So in one conversation with FJ, Su Moye tried to nudge her along in the right direction by pointing out that Xize was similar in disposition to Dijun. To this, she also realised and her heart had stirred towards him. So she thought that she must make good of this opportunity heaven had given her. Someone like Dijun but who now responded to her. She even wondered to herself how to get Xize out of this world.. Heheh

@9tRedFox TMOPB, if you had read it, is purely from BQ's point of view. So you have to guess as to what is going on in the mind's of other characters. If you like that style of writing, then it's alright. But I have also seen some people comment that they didn't appreciate it all that much. Let's just put it this way, a book allows you to 'see' what is going on in the minds and emotions of the character. A drama attempts to do that but it depends on the directing and the skill of the actor. At times, we have no idea why something is happening. I watched TMOPB first, then only read the book. Having read it, it allowed me to understand better the actions and thoughts of BQ. The same can be said for PB (although the drama doesn't mimic the book but where possible, I get the scene faster now). Just my two cent's worth...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’ve seen quite a handful of reviews painting the drama in a not so positive light. Reading further though, it seems a lot of the issues stems from it being totally different to their storyline from TMOPB. 

By the looks of it, many people who are commenting aren’t aware this one doesnt follow through their story from TMOPB. 

I’ve also seen comments saying they found it boring. Isn’t it a bit too premature to be judging this already? After all, it won’t finish airing until the beginning of March - still a whole month to go. 

For me personally, it took a lot of episodes to get into TMOPB and found the story really started to pick up midway. I haven’t read the Pillowbook novel (and I intend to keep it this way at least until I watched and finished this drama) so Im not sure if the people who’ve read the novel agrees with other viewers who apparently finds this disappointing. 

I’m hoping this isn’t the case and the drama proves them wrong later on. I was so thrilled to find out they had Dh and FJ’s story made into their own drama. I really liked watching them in Peach Blossoms. 

• Like 2

@ann04, I haven't read the TMOPB book, I have just seen the drama. I read The Pillow Book novel however, so I'll put it this way: I like The Pillow Book novel better than the TMOPB drama. If they manage to make the current drama as good as the book, it will be awesome B)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, 9tRedFox said:

@haylyne but on page 474 at the end of book 2, Zhonglin says to Feng Jiu that it was a lie, doesn't he?

5 hours ago, haylyne said:

@9tRedFox Yeah, you're right and it's also made me confuse.

Since I also like the drama version, I'm just going mix both to satisfy my imagination and love for DJ and FJ. :D:P:wub:

I believe the drama changed the mortal arc :) if you rewatch ep 9, Dijun himself said he could recover his cultivation in the mortal realm by experiencing trial. And he himself need to experience the misfortunes in order to recover his cultivation. So for the drama, it wasn't a lie and DJ did indeed go to the mortal realm for his trial.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, angelangie said:

PB Maintain it position in the Prosperity Chart for Jan/29

I’m not very familiar with tHis two list of rating, can you explain to me please?

Edited by angelangie
Mod Edit: Do not quote pictures

9 minutes ago, Dao Tran said:

I think Fengjiu is going to die in the mortal arc. The trailer show that she jump of the cliff and dijun trying to reach for her but he got pull back by the soldiers.

Yeah, I think that's the love misfortune for Dijun (losing the person he love most). So instead of the emperor finding the consort cheating on him (I think in the novel the consort sent a love letter to the queen?), he lost her through her suicide.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, lizzy23 said:

Yeah, I think that's the love misfortune for Dijun (losing the person he love most). So instead of the emperor finding the consort cheating on him (I think in the novel the consort sent a love letter to the queen?), he lost her through her suicide.

Have you guys read the book? :sweatingbullets:

• Like 1