Quantcast
jaiwook_08

[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

Ep. Original broadcast date Average audience share
AGB Nielsen[13] TNmS[14]
Nationwide Seoul
1 March 30, 2018 4.008% 4.239% 3.8%
2 March 31, 2018 3.752% 4.177% 4.8%
3 April 6, 2018 4.222% 4.621% 4.4%
4 April 7, 2018 4.756% 5.434% 5.9%
5 April 13, 2018 5.134% 6.001% 5.4%
6 April 14, 2018 6.187% 7.069% 6.5%
7 April 20, 2018 5.322% 6.202% 6.4%
8 April 21, 2018 5.499% 5.936% 5.7%
9 April 27, 2018 6.177% 6.769% 5.9%
10 April 28, 2018 5.757% 6.713% 6.6%
11 May 4, 2018 5.637% 7.018% 5.9%
12 May 5, 2018 5.520% 6.320% 6.1%
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Im sorry if i came across as too crude, but it just makes me so pissed that JH gets all this crap from JA even after ALL he Done for her/ and willing to Do for Her.. Im not saying she has to love him as much as he loves her, But plz woman, be at least more understanding of him and show some more appreciation/ sympathy..  it takes TWO people to make a relationship work, not just one. JA has not offered anything to the table so far. He is willing to Do anything for her, give up everything for her etc.. But she cant even fight for him ? Their relationship is so unbalanced...

• Like 4
  • Sad 2

8 hours ago, USAFarmgirl said:

He protected her from the rain...

Held her when she was afraid...

He cared for her when she was in pain...

These are the views we have seen and know and JA knows them even better than us.  Time after time after time JH showers JA with his unconditional love always covering, protecting,comforting her each time without her even having to speak a word or even ask because he is always one step ahead of her in doing everything he can to shower her with all the love he can give...

.The miracle of JH was in how he allowed JA to relax, breathe and just feel free...

I have always romanticized and found to be ideal a love that acts as a harbor.  Embraced by a love that keeps you safe and protected, where explanations are unnecessary, where you are able to rest, recuperate and regain yourself, where nothing is asked of you but just to feel comforted, supported and loved.   This has been personified by Seo Joon Hee.

Edited by triplem
Pls do not quote images. Remove before posting
  • Like 3

Sadly the ratings keep on dropping if not that big, but it slightly keeps on dropping. The ratings of the first episodes of this drama were rising steadily. While I love this drama so much, but I do agree that the writer should have made the courting period longer because the title is Pretty Noona who Buys me Food. They should make Jin Ah buy Joon Hee food or at least cutely ask him to join her lunch or dinner before officially date for a little longer thus will suit the title more. The first episode was kinda too long for an usual kdrama format which was 80 minutes if I am not mistaken. They should make the other 20 minutes for episode 2. Or at least make the courting period longer until episode 5 therefore the pace will be alright. I am not trying to be smarter than the writer, but I just think it will suit more to the sum of the episodes which is 16 episodes. 

Thankfully that this drama is popular.

I am wondering about the ratings drop is it because of the story hàs become too much to some audiences or is it because the Jung Hae In issue? I think the JHI issue should not be the reason, shouldn't it?

Btw, I have never seen the opening credit of this drama. Any one of you have the video or link to watch the opening credit? I wanna know the video and music they use to introduce our actors and actresses

• Like 4

2 hours ago, enigmatic_zephy said:

lol.. i want to strangle Seo Hyun jin's character in all her dramas..

i know she is capable.. but personally can't watch her dramas.. because the characters she chooses are so so so annoying..

hope she picks up something good in future

i haven't been keeping up with the drama.. will pick it up after its over and overall feedback..

i started with ep 1.. but was bored of 1 and 2..

The third and fourth episode is really good. The first episode might be kinda boring for some but I liked it very very much when it reached episode 3 and 4, not to mention the sweetness in episode 5 and 6. They are my alltime favorite for the beginning parts of kdrama

• Like 5

3 hours ago, jus-ash said:

LOL I know what you mean re: Seo Hyun-jin. But she settles down (Romantic Doctor Kim is another) - as does my pet peeve: Hwang Jung-eum who I always find OTT, and kinda irritating to start.

Hahah i watched another oh hae young, seo hyun Jin played Main female character was so immature /annoying for her age xD i mean, throwing Stone to the window jisses...among others.. At least the kisses Was super hooooot!!! Even the Kiss in elevator by secondary couple Was sexy,, im dissapointed this drama  something in the rain doesnt have any hot kisses xD 

Is there a possibility that the drama will end with JH & JA walk separate ways? Come to think of it, it is a good idea to end it that way. A good memory remains as well as the pain. In real life how far a man can keep on sacrificing while the woman whom he has been “pouring” all his whole heart is completely blind (actually I want to say brainless) and does not value him as much as he values her.  

BTW, I also share everyone’s feeling about the kisses, I mean a couple so deeply in love how could the Director or the writers drag it on  without a single passionate kiss. It is absolutely not possible and far too unreasonable. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2
  • LOL 2

3 minutes ago, Tukata said:

Is there a possibility that the drama will end with JH & JA walk separate ways? Come to think of it, it is a good idea to end it that way. A good memory remains as well as the pain. In real life how far a man can keep on sacrificing while the woman whom he has been “pouring” all his whole heart is completely blind (actually I want to say brainless) and does not value him as much as he values her.  

Agreed.. For ONCE in a romantic drama I wouldnt be dissapointed with this kind of ending.. But my heart really hurts for JH =(

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, sunshinefate said:

The third and fourth episode is really good. The first episode might be kinda boring for some but I liked it very very much when it reached episode 3 and 4, not to mention the sweetness in episode 5 and 6. They are my alltime favorite for the beginning parts of kdrama

1 hour ago, sunshinefate said:

Sadly the ratings keep on dropping if not that big, but it slightly keeps on dropping. The ratings of the first episodes of this drama were rising steadily. While I love this drama so much, but I do agree that the writer should have made the courting period longer because the title is Pretty Noona who Buys me Food. They should make Jin Ah buy Joon Hee food or at least cutely ask him to join her lunch or dinner before officially date for a little longer thus will suit the title more. The first episode was kinda too long for an usual kdrama format which was 80 minutes if I am not mistaken. They should make the other 20 minutes for episode 2. Or at least make the courting period longer until episode 5 therefore the pace will be alright. I am not trying to be smarter than the writer, but I just think it will suit more to the sum of the episodes which is 16 episodes. 

Thankfully that this drama is popular.

I am wondering about the ratings drop is it because of the story hàs become too much to some audiences or is it because the Jung Hae In issue? I think the JHI issue should not be the reason, shouldn't it?

Btw, I have never seen the opening credit of this drama. Any one of you have the video or link to watch the opening credit? I wanna know the video and music they use to introduce our actors and actresses

I guess the reason why the ratings keeps dropping is cuz of JA, even koreans seems to get tired of her. XD i loved this drama until latest ep... 

Episode 11 and 12 are going to be hard to watch, I can tell. Anyway, here is a translation for episode 13 preview.

JA: I can’t contact him on the phone. And, his office won't say anything about him.
KS: Haven’t the two of you broken up?
JA: He’s hurt?
JH Father: Why don’t you like my Joon Hee?
JH Father: That Jin Ah is Joon Hee’s mate is pretty great.
JA Mother: Your father is like that, so how can you, his children, be any different?
JH: He’s someone that I hadn’t wanted to see ever again, and that in front of the woman I love.
JA: But, he’s your father.
Jung: What are you saying? What meeting?
SY: Manager Yoon is being too much.
Jung: It means that they can even make things up, and then explode them. Do you want to go through that?
KS: How can you give him such wounds?
JA: I won’t meet him. I said I won’t meet him.
JA: Joon Hee, let’s stop this now.

This is not promising in that it seems to be promising that the angst is going to go on and on and on. I haven't had time to watch episodes 11 and 12 completely yet, but I'm starting to think that there will be a significant separation for JA and JH, and personally, I'm feeling disappointed by that, if that happens. So, JA will have three years of resisting every attempt by her mother to marry her off, so that her mother might come around if after a 3 year hiatus, JH shows up again. It's kind of sad that only as JA becomes unmarriageable by South Korean standards and  thus completely damaged goods that JH will be an acceptable mate for her. Also, this is so unfair to JH who will have had to suffer for having been too loving and too loyal. I'm reacting first right now after watching just a few clips, and perhaps my mind will change after I've actually watched the episodes, but I'm just upset right now. The only thing I needed was for the OTP to hold onto each other, come heck or high water, and I would have been happy to watch them have to go through whatever the world throws at them. So, whether it's self-preservation or noble idiocy, it seems to be failing the one thing I need from an OTP. *sigh*

Sorry.

• Like 4
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 5

5 hours ago, stroppyse said:

Episode 11 and 12 are going to be hard to watch, I can tell. Anyway, here is a translation for episode 13 preview.

JA: I can’t contact him on the phone. And, his office won't say anything about him.
KS: Haven’t the two of you broken up?
JA: He’s hurt?
JH Father: Why don’t you like my Joon Hee?
JH Father: That Jin Ah is Joon Hee’s mate is pretty great.
JA Mother: Your father is like that, so how can you, his children, be any different?
JH: He’s someone that I hadn’t wanted to see ever again, and that in front of the woman I love.
JA: But, he’s your father.
Jung: What are you saying? What meeting?
SY: Manager Yoon is being too much.
Jung: It means that they can even make things up, and then explode them. Do you want to go through that?
KS: How can you give him such wounds?
JA: I won’t meet him. I said I won’t meet him.
JA: Joon Hee, let’s stop this now.

This is not promising in that it seems to be promising that the angst is going to go on and on and on. I haven't had time to watch episodes 11 and 12 completely yet, but I'm starting to think that there will be a significant separation for JA and JH, and personally, I'm feeling disappointed by that, if that happens. So, JA will have three years of resisting every attempt by her mother to marry her off, so that her mother might come around if after a 3 year hiatus, JH shows up again. It's kind of sad that only as JA becomes unmarriageable by South Korean standards and  thus completely damaged goods that JH will be an acceptable mate for her. Also, this is so unfair to JH who will have had to suffer for having been too loving and too loyal. I'm reacting first right now after watching just a few clips, and perhaps my mind will change after I've actually watched the episodes, but I'm just upset right now. The only thing I needed was for the OTP to hold onto each other, come heck or high water, and I would have been happy to watch them have to go through whatever the world throws at them. So, whether it's self-preservation or noble idiocy, it seems to be failing the one thing I need from an OTP. *sigh*

Sorry.

Spot on!! Couldnt have said it better myself 

Edited by stroppyse
Please do not quote images/videos. Thanks.
  • Like 2

It's ok for JH to go to China. Many Chinese girls will love to have a boyfriend like JH, right :D  j/k

I believe it will have a happy ending. It's about true love. True love will overcome everything. I remember in second presscon, the director said there will be no time jump...so what is it with 2015 and 2018? I hope there will not be 3 years waiting. It would be too painful for this couple. I need a wedding at the end. I will have a talk with the writer if they don't end up together :angry:

• Like 2
  • LOL 3

4 hours ago, jus-ash said:

Hide contents

LOL I know what you mean re: Seo Hyun-jin. But she settles down (Romantic Doctor Kim is another) - as does my pet peeve: Hwang Jung-eum who I always find OTT, and kinda irritating to start.

Spoiler

darn right abt HJE.. she is the worst screeching type ever..

19 minutes ago, thi2018 said:

It's ok for JH to go to China. Many Chinese girls will love to have a boyfriend like JH, right :D  j/k

I believe it will have a happy ending. It's about true love. True love will overcome everything. I remember in second presscon, the director said there will be no time jump...so what is it with 2015 and 2018? I hope there will not be 3 years waiting. It would be too painful for this couple. I need a wedding at the end. I will have a talk with the writer if they don't end up together :angry:

why china.. anywhere in the world :)

• LOL 2

Actually kinda sad upon reading this article despite it was really popular around 2 weeks before and reading comments like "this drama has too much kisses make me want to throw up" or "the story is so boring" or "I don't like the story even just watching episode 1". I know everyone is entitled to their opinions but still, kinda sad reading your favorite drama gets bashed or experiences dip in ratings while it could have been higher

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/05/pretty-noona-buys-food-experiences-dip-ratings/

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@sunshinefate  I feel you. I sometimes have these feelings too about this drama. Feels like there's something missing that they could have done it better, story wise. Only 4 episodes left, seems it isn't enough to boost the rating and come up with a better one since they have taped most of the scenes already. Been reading all the theories shared on how we think it will go on, it's frustrating because I love this drama. I want this to be my most favorite. 

I would also want to know what JH really saw on JA, why is he head over heels with JA. I was thinking the writers will give us a flashback or back story of their younger days or whatever where he started admiring JA.  Because right now, seems like JA doesn't deserve JH so I'm hoping that in those 4 episodes left, we will see a better JA. I hope the drama will not end with just the same JA. 

• Like 4
  • LOL 1

The rating is slightly dropped, but not bad at all. It's still high for cable drama. The story is not as sweet as the beginning because it's now dealing with relationship struggling.  In my opinion, the story should go this route because there are ups and downs in a relationship. But what I am hoping for is JH and JA work together to overcome these struggles. I don't agree they hide or lie in order to protect each other. They should share everything. There are 4 more eps to go. We'll see how the story goes. I cannot wait until Friday. But I really don't want this drama to end. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 1

Maybe a break up will be a good idea. Let JA get married to the man of her mom's choice, have babies and live like a bored & grumpy housewife at home. Or maybe her rich husband is a womanizer too. Then her mother will realize her choice & mindset were wrong. 

While JH becomes a very successful game designer in Korea (Or maybe in the world!), he's still single and in the end bumped into JA while she is outside shopping or after sending her kids to nursery. And in the final scene, he asked her to buy him a meal again and after that, they parted ways. Wonder what sort of rating if the ending is something like this, haha :tongue:

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, bugcie said:

@sunshinefate  I feel you. I sometimes have these feelings too about this drama. Feels like there's something missing that they could have done it better, story wise. Only 4 episodes left, seems it isn't enough to boost the rating and come up with a better one since they have taped most of the scenes already. Been reading all the theories shared on how we think it will go on, it's frustrating because I love this drama. I want this to be my most favorite. 

I would also want to know what JH really saw on JA, why is he head over heels with JA. I was thinking the writers will give us a flashback or back story of their younger days or whatever where he started admiring JA.  Because right now, seems like JA doesn't deserve JH so I'm hoping that in those 4 episodes left, we will see a better JA. I hope the drama will not end with just the same JA. 

What I feel missing is honestly speaking is the development of the plot. I know that this drama has no too-much-conflict and it is something like an artistic movie, but thr writer could have come up with a better development or I think she/he should have taken it slow during the courting period. I don't have any complaints about the too much kissing scenes, I just think that maybe they want to realistically portray how an ordinary couple dates in the beginning phase of a relationship. Yeah I think it's the plot development when they go back and forth about the mother and Kyung Sun thing and now it's Joon Hee's father's turn. But maybe it is because I love this drama so much that I still love it though the plot development is honestly speaking is going really slow with Jin Ah becoming quite frustating. I already watched the subbed version of episode 11. I actually cried in the beginning part when her mother slapped and hit Joon Hee and how he pretended that nothing happened to Jin Ah. But when she decided to go to the blind date looking all that neat and pretty like that, others will think that she eagerly wants to go to the blind date. If she goes there halfheartedly, she should just wear something convincing that she goes there just because she wants her mother not to touch Joon Hee.

I can not describe Jin Ah's character vividly anymore unlike Joon Hee which is well written and we can clearly describe about what kind of person he is. But, Jin Ah, I know that she has been a really good daughter which always make me wonder why her mother treats her less caring than she does to Seung Ho when he cares less about her. What Jin Ah did to go to the blind date was not entirely wrong as long as she did tell Joon Hee about it first. Joon Hee might not be able to accept that at first but at least we know that he will give in if Jin Ah tells him the reason is to lessen the angsts between him and her mother. After watching the full episode of episode 11, I do not think that it is unbearable to watch. I still like it, it is just the development of the plot is kinda... I do not know how to say it. Something is missing like it could have been done better if it goes like this or like that. 

I keep thinking if the writer has been changed during these latest episodes. Lol. If she had made the couple to date that early, she/he should have had something under her/his sleeves but she/he still have not had the surprising thing or at least an ordinary conflict that can be handled to be not that ordinary.

52 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

Maybe a break up will be a good idea. Let JA get married to the man of her mom's choice, have babies and live like a bored & grumpy housewife at home. Or maybe her rich husband is a womanizer too. Then her mother will realize her choice & mindset were wrong. 

While JH becomes a very successful game designer in Korea (Or maybe in the world!), he's still single and in the end bumped into JA while she is outside shopping or after sending her kids to nursery. And in the final scene, he asked her to buy him a meal again and after that, they parted ways. Wonder what sort of rating if the ending is something like this, haha :tongue:

Lol it may be labeled as the worst noona romance drama till date lol they may call it as "Pretty Ahjumma who buys me food"

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

14 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

hey your ending theory is hard to digest hahaha. It hurts and I do not like it for my otp but it is possible too, knowing how some korean drama do it this way. It's a meaningful ending but heartbreaking haha.

• Like 3
  • Sad 4
  • LOL 3