[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

in my opinion Jin Ah will not follow Joon Hee to US. She will stay in Korea but living separately from her family, in her new place. Because she need to be in Korea, tp fix her problem at work and to fix the relationship with her mom as well to make her mom receive the reality that she will end up with Joon Hee whether she like it o not. because if Jin Ah follow Joon Hee then she will runaway from her trouble which is that really not her personality. remember case of Gasan store? she fix it all the way even that makes her work outside the office and help as the store employee.

Fighting Jin Ah eonnie..... you can do that!!!!

I skipped ep13 because it was such a depressing episode by just watching the short summary from JTBC. I just finished watching ep14 raw.

It is really heart breaking seeing to see 2 beautiful people suffer so much because of love. In the early stage of this drama, JH kept saying that this is just ‘a man and a woman relationship’. He made it sounds so simple but I think he can’t handle it anymore seeing JA suffers and he wanted to just runaway with JA which I can understand. Sometimes, in life you just want to runaway.:(

But I think if he just endures a little bit longer, thing might get better as JA had decided to move out from the house and the sexual harassment issue might have settle soon.

I don’t want JA to just leave with JH without settling the sexual harassment because I want to see her to fight until the end and wishfully I want those culprits (including SY:angry:) to be punished. I think she wont runaway to US but JH will be super heartbroken...

In ep 14 it seems like CEO is at the culprit’s side and get JM to help HG to get out of this mess. When you need to choose between righteousness VS company’s reputation/wealth, most will choose the 2nd one. That’s the reality even though initially I thought CEO was a good guy~.  Seriously, I don’t know how this will end when the CEO is at the culprit side. Luckily, JA still have BR and YI by her side.

I will be very disappointed if the director/writer make them separated for 3 years and meet again after 3 years! Like all those lame stories, the lead actor and actress meet again after many years and confirm that they still love each other. :crazy:

JH & JA love :heart: each other so much, how can they waste 3 years not being together in this lifetime!  

I really hope the last 2 episodes will not disappoint me.:)

4 hours ago, lsemun99 said:

I don’t want JA to just leave with JH without settling the sexual harassment because I want to see her to fight until the end and wishfully I want those culprits (including SY:angry:) to be punished. I think she wont runaway to US but JH will be super heartbroken...

I agree completely.  I think some viewers may be upset with JA if she says no because he will be heartbroken. However, I don't think it's a question of putting the relationship first. I think it would be bad for her character if she ran away from her problems. All this time we've wanted her to be strong and sort her life out. Running away would be the most disappointing end for her character arc.  

They need to fight to stay together. They have nothing to be ashamed of and should not need to run away.  They can always go back to the US later if that is important to him.

After watching ep 13 subbed and 14 raw, I really really want to hug Kyung Sun and Joon Hee. Though they want to portray Jin Ah as the one who needs the protection, care, and attention, I do not really feel anything for her because there are Kyung Sun and Joon Hee who need them the most. Yeah Jin Ah has a really dominating and annoying mother that she and Seung Ho are so suffocated to have a mother like that, but still, they have parents and what her mom said was right that they still have parents to be quite proud of and fund them until they finished their study while Kyung Sun and Joon Hee had to struggle just for continue living, especially Kyung Sun. I want to hug her the most. Jin Ah now has Joon Hee. I do believe that Joon Hee also cares for Kyung Sun very much which is proven by his crying scenes when Kyung Sun met their father for the first time, but seems that his attention and protection now almost fully goes to Jin Ah because Jin Ah tends to make mistake which brings harm to herself. If only Kyung sun were the one to have a boyfriend like Joon Hee lol. Kyung Sun loves her brother very very much that she always puts his needs above her needs. She appears to be strong and capable but I feel that she is surely fragile that actually she needs Joon Hee. I really want to see Joon Hee and Kyung Sun's scenes more huhuhu I love their bickering yet endearing relationship as siblings. Kyung Sun does not have a boyfriend and even afraid to have one. Joon Hee also always supresses his feelings though he is hurting inside. They are the ones that I want to hug the most. Sorry Jin Ah, though you have made quite progression in the latest episode but you are not my favorite character lol 

Btw, do not get me wrong as I still love our couple very much. But the last 2 episodes just get me to feel for Kyung Sun

Official still cuts...

20180514_093341_9991.jpg

20180514_093357_1752.jpg

“Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” Achieves Its Highest Viewership Ratings Yet

20180514_093351_5264.jpg

Viewers are continuing to tune into JTBC’s “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food.”

According to Nielsen Korea, the May 12 episode of “Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food” recorded 7.281 percent in viewership ratings. This beats its previous record of 6.187 percent from April 14.

It also achieved an impressive feat of topping the overall viewership ratings of its timeslot including public broadcasting station programs. SBS’s “Unanswered Questions” received 6.0 percent, a special of MBC’s “Unexpected Q” received 2.9 percent, and KBS 2TV’s “1 Percent Friendship” received 4.3 percent.

Spoiler
During this episode, Yoon Jin Ah (played by Son Ye Jin) went to Seo Joon Hee (played by Jung Hae In) and apologized for breaking up with him. They got back together and continued to face opposition from their family members. The couple began thinking of a plan to go to the United States together.

With just two episodes left, many viewers are waiting to see if the couple can have a happy ending.

https://www.soompi.com/2018/05/12/pretty-noona-buys-food-achieves-highest-viewership-ratings-yet/

I've been silently reading on this thread and am so appreciative by everyone's support and interesting analysis. Thank you so much for all the translating @stroppyse. I've been so impatient for subbing and you helped me get through the wait. This drama for sure has been a one of a kind for me. I've been watching dramas for years. Son Ye Jin is one of my all time faves. Jung Hae In caught my eye in Three Musketeers and again in While You Were Sleeping. They are excellent actors and this work is no exception in showing off their skills.

SYJ has complimented the PD many times for capturing and filming this drama with such a realistic feel. I can't agree more. I just wanted to share my two cents if I may...most Kdramas have become so predictable following a formula format that seems to be the basic foundation to a Melodrama. Many here have mentioned how this drama has a refreshing story line. I totally agree. Like the only chaebol mentioned is by the insufferable mom and her desire for her children to associate with them but luckily is not a main character. The only triangle/rectangle relationship that is usually the standard in a kdrama is not even worth mentioning like KSY or the ex-bf. It is/was in the story line, but who hasn't had some of that in real life? There is no amnesia, terminal illness or fantasies, etc. Instead, we have a love relationship that unfolded and developed for us to see. Like real people, they have their daily lives and occupation, their family and family issues. I like the way the writer(s) subtly placed those kdrama basics where it doesn't rule the drama. Yes, JA/JH knew each other from childhood. Yes, there was jealousy from others interested in each of these two. Yes, there is an issue of social standing but, it is weighed by a parent the way any parent hopes for their child. It is not a Cinderella story if you know what I mean. Granted the mom is controlling and abusive, but unfortunately, the real world has parents like that. So the basics are all there in this drama, but told in a real life way and not in a theatrical (entertainment) way within this drama. Yes, there's the they knew each other when they were young...no mention of being each other's first love tho'. Yes, there was a bit of jerky past obsessive boyfriend, but he was never a direct threat to whether JA and JH would get together or not. Yes, there is a bad guy good guy within this story but they are using the "Me Too" movement, which is very real. There are a lot of kissing scenes (no complaints by me:wub: ) cause that's what a new "In Love" is about. The PD and writers are succeeding in telling JA/JH's relationship in a way we can all relate to or remember or hope for. It doesn't need to be erotic to be passionate. It is meant to let the viewers use their own imagination. Just my POV, the physical contact they display keeps it pure, keeps it romantic, keeps it timeless. SYJ has been in the Kentertainment business for a long time. She definitely had roles where she performed the sensuality when needed and it is usually big screen that requires more of it. This is small screen and YSJ is with an actor who is younger. I think she knows how and when to side step potential anti's wrath when it is warranted. She knows JHI is an actor that is soaring right now...I wouldn't be surprised if she is in some ways protecting him with the peck like kisses. If there is more real than reel between them, then even more so it wouldn't be wise to display the affection for all to see and analyze. If not, then there is no need to display too much where Neitzens will get their claws into them and destroying their beautiful work. The story is being told well, and the actors are doing a great job with the emotions, cause for me the ROMANCE is very much there. The family conflict is real, the work place issues are real. What will happen next? That's anticipation, but this drama successfully pulled me in completely.

I can watch this drama over and over again and I have lol. Thank you again to everyone here!

1 hour ago, Oww TooCute said:

Here is Monday Morning refreshment :D

hahaha...it was so funny when she's lying on the bed and asked for food when JH tried to scold her...lol... in fact we did that kind of similar thing too in our family...we're just can't get angry too long :D...one side will try to scold ...the other will try to talk or do something else... our children and even the grandparents also like that ...lol..haishh...looked like JH having troubles to keep his face straight during the shoot :D

7 minutes ago, azwhoony said:

hahaha...it was so funny when she's lying on the bed and asked for food when JH tried to scold her...lol... in fact we did that kind of similar thing too in our family...we're just can't get angry too long :D...one side will try to scold ...the other will try to talk or do something else... our children and even the grandparents also like that ...lol..haishh...looked like JH having troubles to keep his face straight during the shoot :D

Its amazing how SYJ can control her mood swing from all laughter to serious scenes we saw in the movie :o while JHI seems to maintain his serious mood all over :D

1 hour ago, sscllccrazy said:

Happen to come across this...I'm not a fan of Dispatch, but I've read they are careful about revealing before they actually do. I know they are not always ethical or accurate as many have claimed. This was interesting tho'. I wouldn't mind if it is true kkkk. 

Spoiler

I believe this is Jung So Min and Lee Joon. They became real couple when they were acting in Father is Strange drama

27 minutes ago, sscllccrazy said:

Happen to come across this...I'm not a fan of Dispatch, but I've read they are careful about revealing before they actually do. I know they are not always ethical or accurate as many have claimed. This was interesting tho'. I wouldn't mind if it is true kkkk. 

i think that photo are another couple not uri OTP. If not mistaken they were lee joon and jung so min

11 minutes ago, azwhoony said:

i think that photo are another couple not uri OTP. If not mistaken they were lee joon and jung so min

Thank you @thi2018 and @azwhoony. Actually that's a relief. If there were to be anything with our OTP I guess it would be better kept quiet and to themselves. I'll delete it.

In the BTS posted above, JH is the only one who is very serious.  I think he did not want to change his mood since its a serious scene and he is very keen to finish that scene fast.  This GIF is where he tells something witty when the whole crew and SYJ laughed and he look a bit relaxed.  can somebody translate what he is saying?

ArQ72j9.gif

They are so adorable.  SYJ is really enjoying doing this drama, i suppose.  

Jx1KT8G.gif

some jeju pics

Spoiler

KDJYKLJ.jpg

what is written in hangul on the building?

JYRefSJ.png

oaPA7RT.jpg

cr:dc

I'm working on Episode 14 right now. It's too sad :c JH is angry at her for the first time. His father is heartbroken. And umma is scary like my mom. But my mom asked me to come back home, only to add that I should give her instead my  house rent. LMAO savage moms.

Good scenes:

- JH is angry but JA keeps reacting funnily, like lying on his bed under the blanket.

- CEO's reversal 

- Epic catfight between BR and SY. 

lol...i juz came across another clip from another program which they need to reenact scene of uri OTP...haha...hilarious..

itsjuz that holding hand scene really superb!!!!the feels...woahh...ouuoooo~~~....over the moon~~...hahaha

Archived