[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

Actually I am really expecting a great episode tonight thus will bring higher ratings, but better to hold it lol I just hope the writer will not make this drama become ridiculous all of a sudden. I just want the popularity of this drama soars higher in just 4 episodes left.

7 minutes ago, pad-hari said:

farewell pics:bawling:

no JHI in the pic below

cr:dc

The first pic... is Jung Hae In holding Son Ye Jin's hand on his shoulder. What a beautiful view:D wowww Appa and Omma are so clingy that he rests his back on her.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

5 Times “Something In The Rain” Tugged Our Hearts With Love Lessons

By abbyinhallyuland | May 11, 2018

ALONG WITH THE BEAUTIFUL STORY, SOMETHING IN THE RAIN GIFTS ITS VIEWERS EACH WEEK WITH LOVE-AFFIRMING LESSONS.

For years, K-drama followers have been blessed with many beautiful stories that it would take an almost perfectly blended romance to leave a lasting impression to viewers. JTBC’s latest drama Something in the Rainreinvents the romance drama landscape with how it fervently keeps the serenity of the storytelling by its heartfelt dialogues and spontaneous scenarios.

We can run down a deal-snatching pitch on why Something in the Rain is one of the best dramas to watch in 2018. But we want to highlight the core magic of its endearing narrative.

Here are love takeaways that you can learn from Jun Hee (Jung Hae In) and Jin Ah (Son Ye Jin).

Something in the Rain

1. LEAVE A RELATIONSHIP THAT DOES NOT RESPECT YOUR SELF WORTH.

Jin Ah, the heroine of the story played by Son Ye Jin, is burdened on how she will tell her parents about her breakup with her boyfriend — owing to his infidelity — since her mother favors him a lot because of his family background.

Her self-centered ex-lover causes her traumatic experiences that can’t be mended anymore by all those happy memories they shared together.

She wallows in pain and disappointment but picks up her pieces back, not making any apologies on how she repairs her broken self.

She has failed so many times to leave the unhappy relationship because she feels it could be her last chance for marriage. But she opts to be braver than trapping herself in a relationship that lost not only love, but also respect along the way.

Something in the Rain

2. THERE IS NO WAY OF TELLING WHAT KIND OF LOVE YOU DESERVE TO HAVE.

The simple yet emotionally crippling conflict of how Jin Ah and Jun Hee are almost family (Therefore, their family will most likely not approved of their affair.) spins the central problem of Something in the Rain.

Jun Hee, played by Jung Hae In, falls in love with his sister’s best friend, who is also his best friend’s sister.

He bravely confronts the anger of his woman’s mother, who has treated him as her own son, and who has strongly declared her dream of marrying her daughter to a man with impressive family background.

But firm on his principle that their romance should not be affected by the society’s preconceived notion of what’s acceptable in a relationship or not, he questions why his age disparity with Jin Ah warrants impossibility, but if the situation is reversed to a man being older than a woman, it is deemed tolerable.

There should only be one condition for you to pursue a relationship — mutual love.

Something in the Rain

3. LOVE MEANS MOVING FORWARD AND NOT DWELLING IN THE PAST.

Jin Ah’s rude ex-lover might have rung a bell to people with painful past relationships. Jun Hee is even put in that heartbreaking situation of seeing Jin Ah’s intimate moments with her ex-boyfriend, when he saw the picture attachment of the reconciliation flowers and the stored sexy photos of Jin Ah in her ex’s computer.

That scene definitely raised sympathy for viewers. But Jun Hee’s love for his woman overpowers his wounded ego that he hid the truth about the incident, simply because he does not want her growing confidence to be shattered again.

From its onset, Something in the Rain is clear on not sugar-coating the romance. It cuts painfully deep when it has to. It is agonizingly cruel, making it more realistic and lingering.

Something in the Rain

4. BRAVERY IS REQUIRED TO LOVE SOMEONE.

As broken as she can be, Jin Ah held on to that glimpse of hope that after all her failed relationships, someone will come along and would be worth all the troubles he can give.

Jun Hee made her realize that you could be in love and not be in a relationship, and you could be in a relationship without love. When she mustered courage to be with Jun Hee by placing her hand on his, he returned it by showering her with all the love that he can give.

Uncertainties is inevitable on any love starting point. But you won’t know if it’s for you, if you won’t try.

Something in the Rain

5. LOVING SOMEONE ENCOURAGES YOU TO BECOME A BETTER PERSON.

There is faint insertion of distressing issues incorporated in the drama. One of it depicted Jin Ah’s submissive role as an employee who let her senior male employees take advantage of her professionally and physically.

Jun Hee slowly made his girl change to become a woman who values herself by not allowing unnecessary favors that is not required of her job. She changed for the better because that’s the least that she can do so that her loving boyfriend will not worry about her.

If the love ride does not make the passengers grow as a person and grow together, consider changing the passenger.

Something in the Rain

Guest 999hearts

Hi, can anyone PM me streaming links that works in France and/or mobile?? Thanks in advance!

What's wrong with the writer making JA look stupid on tonight's episode. I mean they could have used better lines for JA. I hate to hate JA, so I'm putting my hate to the writer. :D    I hate the lines she said to JH when she was caught with his father. She is indeed a trouble maker! 

10 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JH catches JA and his father.

JA: Yes?
JH: Where are you going?
JA: Home.
JA: Can you see me?
JA: The thing is…
JH: Just come.
JA: Joon Hee
JH: I said just come.
JA: Don’t be like that, and…
JH: Can’t you hear me tell you to come!?

JH Father: It’s been a long time. How have you…
JH: Let’s go.
JA: What are you doing?  Your father is here.
JH: Stop worrying about that.
JA: You shouldn’t be like that. I know how you must feel, but-
JH: You know? You know, but you do something like this? Because you knew how I felt? What do you know? How much do you know?!
JA: Fine. I don’t know. I don’t know anything. So, I just did as I wanted, and I’m going to keep doing it. Since it’s a promise I made to your father, don’t tell me what to do or not do.
JH: Yoon Jin Ah
JA: Don’t act like a kid. It’s not someone else, it’s your father.
JH: Who said that? Who told you that person was my father?!
JA: Seo Joon Hee
JH: Do as you want. You do as you please, but don’t lecture to me.

JA: I’m sorry.
JH Father: It’s okay. So, has this plan been completely messed up then?

Truthfully, I've never liked JA less than in this scene. Her self-righteousness and high-handedness, and daring to tell JH that she knows how he feels and he should stop acting like a kid. She's kind of being her mother, albeit a much prettier, younger version.

Yes yes, I don't like her in this scene too!! Feeling so frustrated and angry now! :angry:

Just now, bugcie said:

What's wrong with the writer making JA look stupid on tonight's episode. I mean they could have used better lines for JA. I hate to hate JA, so I'm putting my hate to the writer. :D    I hate the lines she said to JH when she was caught with his father. She is indeed a trouble maker! 

Lol Actually when I saw the clip, my heart was like boiling hot water. I really want to either pull Jin Ah's hair or hit her forehead with my forehead. It was indeed her mistake to meet his father secretly while fully knowing that he hated his father. It was really crossing the line between a relationship. I would never cross the line when I am in a relationship unless my boyfriend allows me to do. If we can call the term "a kid" then it would be Jin Ah. I do not want to badmouth her but somehow it turns out to be like this. Writer, please make her a smarter character. She has been in a numerous relationship but why she could be this frustating?

1 minute ago, sunshinefate said:

Lol Actually when I saw the clip, my heart was like boiling hot water. I really want to either pull Jin Ah's hair or hit her forehead with my forehead. It was indeed her mistake to meet his father secretly while fully knowing that he hated his father. It was really crossing the line between a relationship. I would never cross the line when I am in a relationship unless my boyfriend allows me to do. If we can call the term "a kid" then it would be Jin Ah. I do not want to badmouth her but somehow it turns out to be like this. Writer, please make her a smarter character. She has been in a numerous relationship but why she could be this frustating?

Ahh..so it's not only me who wanted to smack her. Hehe

She knew she was wrong for telling him to stop acting like a kid. That’s what she told Kyung sun that she shouldn’t have told him that, that’s why she was looking for him for the rest of the episode.

3 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

Ahh..so it's not only me who wanted to smack her. Hehe

Okay, after watching the latest clip that jtbc posted when they confronted each other and in the end it was Jin Ah who raised her voice louder than Joon Hee as if it was his mistake and not her mistake, I really really want to... oh I don't know again what to do about her. Sorry, Son Ye Jin, I love your acting but not with this character. Jin Ah is so stubbornly stupid (sorry for the harsh word, it is just so frustating up until now)

16 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

JA: Fine. I don’t know. I don’t know anything. So, I just did as I wanted, and I’m going to keep doing it. Since it’s a promise I made to your father, don’t tell me what to do or not do.

Wow ..:blink: this is not something she should have said. That’s very thoughtless, writer-nim. Stop making JA clueless 

I don't really understand JA & JH conversation but it seems like she's still stubborn and defiant that she's not wrong in this whole thing? Gosh I really really really don't like her character here. What the heck are the writers trying to create here??

Jin Ah is indeed an unbelievable soul ! I can no longer tolerate her.  This is uglier than the blind date. It’s getting worse and worse, wonder what’s in her brain.. well ..I’d rather say what is going on in the writer’s brain. Hopeless...  

Archived