[Drama 2018] Something In The Rain / Pretty Noona Who Buys Me Food, 밥 잘 사주는 예쁜 누나

jaiwook_08

5 minutes ago, sunshinefate said:

Lol Actually when I saw the clip, my heart was like boiling hot water. I really want to either pull Jin Ah's hair or hit her forehead with my forehead. It was indeed her mistake to meet his father secretly while fully knowing that he hated his father. It was really crossing the line between a relationship. I would never cross the line when I am in a relationship unless my boyfriend allows me to do. If we can call the term "a kid" then it would be Jin Ah. I do not want to badmouth her but somehow it turns out to be like this. Writer, please make her a smarter character. She has been in a numerous relationship but why she could be this frustating?

I dont wanna hate her so much but this writer is making me hate her that much ugh! On this episode, she looked brainless and a trouble maker. As always, JH is the one begging again to her when she should be the one begging to explain her side why she had to do it. Why meet his father. But on tonight's episode, JA is so entitled to show her own emotions when she was the one who did the wrong move again. I don't get it really. The writer made JA look a disrespectful daughter to her parents on the previous episodes, now why is she acting like she's a perfect child and making JH realize that he's being disrespectful to his father when she doesn't know where JH is coming from.

Shouldn't JA be more gentle on JH on this situation? How come she is intruding so much. ugh! 

Writer! why are you making this to Son Ye Jin! She's a great actress. She deserves better. 

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The mom really went too far with her words this episode saying Joon Hee is the way he is cos he didn’t grow up with an adult in the house. JA couldn’t take all this anymore so she says she’ll stop seeing him :(

At least they’ll get back together next episode and he’s even asking her to move in.

I totally enjoyed reading our discussion here on whether a romantic scene calls for a peck or a passionate kiss- a hot and trending topic for viewers far and near. Obviously, this has reached the drama people’s attention and the fact that a BTS has been shared to us showing their deliberation on this issue for the rain scene, makes my :heart: grow big. It simply goes to show that they are listening to us and that it matters to them to let us know that they do. With that, I am more confident now that they will give us a happy and memorable ending.  :)

SYJ certainly has her list of good reasons why she opted for sweet pecks instead of a steamy kiss in the rain and I appreciate it that her choice was respected by the director and JHI. She wasn’t forced to make a compromise. It’s good to know that the story on sexual harrassment happens only in the drama and not in the real drama set of Something in the Rain. For all we know, she may only be saving the best for last. When that happens, prepare to be blown away JHI. :D 

2 minutes ago, rain89 said:

The mom really went too far with her words this episode saying Joon Hee is the way he is cos he didn’t grow up with an adult in the house. JA couldn’t take all this anymore so she says she’ll stop seeing him :(

At least they’ll get back together next episode and he’s even asking her to move in.

Yeah I figure it was all the pressure that got to her,but it sounds like its working out still.

7 minutes ago, rain89 said:

Really??? Jtbc has not posted the preview yet. I admit that my heart was aching while looking at both of them's heartbroken expression, especially Joon Hee. I also want to cry when I saw Jin Ah finally said that she would break up after could not handle the embarassing moment by her mother. 

Okay, the preview is absolutely beautiful, guys! Lol after they gave us the stupid things and speech by Jin Ah in the beginning of tonight's episode, we are showered by more OTP scenes tomorrow

Wait I’m not understanding all the hostility towards JA here, I thought she was better here than last week and if you know me I went in on her last week.

She met with the father because he said he wanted to give something to his children, even JH was sorry when he heard that, that’s why he told KS he’ll go to meet her later.

During their fight, it wasn’t that she wasn’t feeling sorry. Because of the way JH was talking to her about how he knows she’s going to cry again and say sorry, she felt he sees her as a child, that’s why she left not because of the father issue.

About the father issue, I agree she should have learnt what he was feeling about his father first before telling him “but he’s your father”, even she admitted she doesn’t know what he feels after all after their fight

so I think she was significantly better this week.

2 minutes ago, rain89 said:

Wait I’m not understanding all the hostility towards JA here, I thought she was better here than last week and if you know me I went in on her last week.

She met with the father because he said he wanted to give something to his children, even JH was sorry when he heard that, that’s why he told KS he’ll go to meet her later.

During their fight, it wasn’t that she wasn’t feeling sorry. Because of the way JH was talking to her about how he knows she’s going to cry again and say sorry, she felt he sees her as a child, that’s why she left not because of the father issue.

About the father issue, I agree she should have learnt what he was feeling about his father first before telling him “but he’s your father”, even she admitted she doesn’t know what he feels after all after their fight

so I think she was significantly better this week.

Well said, couldn’t agree more. I also understand her better in this episode.

2 minutes ago, jesskitkat said:

Wow, I'm surprised JH walked to JA room and tried opening her door! He ignored everyone including the mother. I love him!!

I have always loved his character and never once complained about it because the writer has built his character very well plus, Jung Hae In's acting is a top notch which makes me sympathize for the character more. My heart really ached when I saw he tried to hold back his tears while reaching for Jin Ah's door. Now I can sleep tightly because I know they will be back together again tomorrow amidst the storm and anything. 

11 hours ago, sunshinefate said:

If I can add my opinion to your comment, I also do agree that the significant role in this drama may point to Joon Hee's character more than Jin Ah. The build of Joon Hee's character is stronger than Jin Ah. Yeah I do love their chemistry, I love this drama so much that I do not think I need to mention it again, but if Son Ye Jin is not the one who portrays Jin Ah, I wonder what it will become of Jin ah's character. Not because I am a girl therefore I say that Joon Hee is more significant, but I can not feel the same with Jin Ah compared to Joon Hee. Usually in Kdramas, the male lead character is the more significant one than the female lead role. Maybe Son Ye Jin was touched by the realism in Jin Ah's character therefore she decided to take on the role.

In terms of the kissing scenes which have always come out as pecks, I also do hope that for the ending, we will get to see a more passionate kiss, but if the actress or the actor or the PD think it would be best not to do the passionate one, I am also okay with that. A passionate kiss in Jeju:tongue:

@jesskitkat lolll maybe because we have seen too many pecks from them. 

@sunshinefate

Hi if you don’t mind me saying, I don’t quite see it the way that you do i.e. the drama being more about the buildup of JH’s character compared to  JA.

In fact I see it being more the other way round. If I look back on the drama - I was in JA’s life already when JH happened by. I don’t know much about JH’s romantic past involvements but I know more about JA’s romantic history than I even want to etc. This is putting it simplistically i know,  but it’s in the interest of time. 

Regarding the passionate  kisses and pecks, for me it’s not just about that (though I agree it’s missing) but I’m honestly a bit frustrated how the drama is losing its edge, and above all failing to capitalise on all its strengths and what got everyone excited in the first place. 

And lastly, while the topic of sexual harassment in the work place was interesting for sometime, it’s now dragging and going nowhere. I got the message they intended to convey and I for one am done with it. 

25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

Preview episode 14

25 minutes ago, stroppyse said:

KS: So, you’re saying you’ll sell your pride or whatever, and as long as the two of you are happy that’s all that matters?
JA: Do we really have to go this far?
JH: I’m also having a hard time. It’s not that I don’t have any thoughts of my own that I just say “It’s fine. It’s fine.”
JH Father: I guess I don’t have to worry about Joon Hee in the future. He’s grown up well.
JH Father: That you have chosen Jin Ah reassures me.  Thank you.
Jung: More than you’re prepared for, it can get much harder than that.
CEO: Do you really think that you’ll be able to endure it?
JH: If you cry, I won’t give you any ramen.
JA: Give me ramen.
JA: I’ve left home and I’m living by myself.
JH: Did they tell you to get out of the house?
JH: Let’s live together.
JA: Today is enough. I only need one thing, Seo Joon Hee.

And, just like that, with one preview, I'm all smiles again. JA leaves home. JH wants to live together.  They're still together, and seem to be affirming their love for each other. :)

Did she playfully whack his butt? They look so cute together!

Anneyong everyone!! First time I am writing in this ship :wink:

Just a small point of view... and maybe people wouldnt like that :D But... True it feels that JA's character is portrayed with some flaws... more flaws than for JH. But... actually I like that ! I could have made her decisions... out of willing to protect my own family, or roots, and try to protect other's too... I agreeee, the way it was done was...full of mistakes. ..But I could have made these mistakes too ^^ That what makes that drama soooo lovable ! It's pretty rare that we can find dramas where main characters have flaws. And it's so real..

As a westerner, we tend to think that "whyyy don't you get out of your home and start living your life alone JA ?!!" But again... asian's culture is quite different, and JA does represent that, I think. I'm actually quite curious about what korean people think about her ! I wouldn't be surprised that she 'd have lots of supports in her decisions over there ^^. Making people "fight" between "love" and "family roots" or "morals".... Huge kuddos to the producer here. That is this generation's hardships with their own cultures over there.... having to deal with strong family's power, and their own dreams...

And another thing. I don't think that JH is as perfect as it seems... (though i loooove him , don't get me wrong :D) . But to me, he was protected his whole life, by his own sister, almost living in his own lies so he can forget or denie his hard past. His sister was the only one that was going through the hardships of family roots. She was the one calling their father, crying over it, not letting his brother getting involved with that.

So..somehow, i kind of agree that yes, his character is a bit childish in some ways. To me, it's time  that he faces his own things too, :) and stop being overprotected  :))

As a conclusion... i could really say that these two are two faces of the same coin !! They both have flaws, both have their own things to fix , but they are sooo perfect together <3

Everyone we can all confirmed now her mom is nothing but garbage. :dizzy:

Why does she act like she some billionaire or something or a good mother. :mellow:

I mean she talks like she got everything in the world an everyone else is trash when she really does not. -_-

Archived