[Drama 2018] My Husband Oh Jak-doo 데릴남편 오작두

larus

Lovely last episode showing more of their married life. She continued with the documentary work she loved as an independent producer while adapting to the life in the mountains.

If it is not my love for electrical appliances, I will not mind living in the mountain with a man like Jak Doo.

Well Done!

• Replies 963
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After all has been said and done, after all the swooning, drooling, wishing, wanting, sighing and fantasizing, I will tuck away this lovely drama into the corners of my heart and mind and bring it out again within a year or two when I want to see one of the most romantic, masculine, caring, giving and warm male characters I have experienced in Kdramaland.  Oh heck, just lots of hugs and kisses to Kim Kang Woo for translating his character Oh Jak Doo/Oh Hyuk into a person that we can only dream about and hope that such men do walk this earth. I am certain such men do exist but do we have to climb a mountain to find one?  

On 5/18/2018 at 11:44 PM, bebebisous33 said:

@hyall I liked the beginning of the drama and enjoyed this until the episode 14... From the episode 15 to 18, I waited because I wasn't so sure of the evolution. To me, the story got dragged in the middle... however, it is again much better. 

I mean, the fact that they tried to create a fake story with JEJ sounded so irrealistic.

It was the same for me too. Episode 11-14 were like the penultimate episodes. Then we got uncertainty and fluff. By the time episode 18 came, I wanted it to end already and that is my number one sign that I am no longer invested in the show. However, I stuck with it to drool at KKW. Nevertheless, thank you for this 'light' show. On some days, it was just what I needed.

The ending was good because we were shown their life after the marriage.

However,  there was one thing that bothered me: the scene on the bed after the wedding ceremony. Both were so shy and argued the time about to go to bed, while in reality they were supposed to be so eager to have ... This looked so unrealistic.

Then I was disappointed that HIP didn't go to jail and could still have some influence.  

24 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

Both were so shy and argued the time about to go to bed, while in reality they were supposed to be so eager to have ... This looked so unrealistic.

Then I was disappointed that HIP didn't go to jail and could still have some influence.  

Maybe that was the intention, to leave it to the viewers to imagine what happens next :lol:

towards the end when she was watering the plants and had her hand on her hips, i thought she is pregnant, it would have been nice to see them expecting a baby since it has been 7 years ^_^

As for HIP, I am totally not surprise because of his connection.  Also maybe there is no strong case or enough evidence to charge him.

i find this drama is very light with a simple story line yet heartwarming.  I truly enjoy the characters and how they grow on you.  I will miss this drama.  It has a special place in my heart together with my all time favourite Pride & Prejudice :)

4 hours ago, Jackie1048 said:

Lovely last episode showing more of their married life. She continued with the documentary work she loved as an independent producer while adapting to the life in the mountains.

If it is not my love for electrical appliances, I will not mind living in the mountain with a man like Jak Doo.

Well Done!

LOL... more than electrical appliances, kept thinking about indoor plumbing. hahahaha... trekking and mountain living as long as there's indoor toilet. :lol:

so I agree with chingus below (sorry quoting and tagging is being very silly with me today. ugh) that the drama really got draggy after a point, at least the ending was more or less neat. liked that she didn't quit her job just for him but more about her realizing that the person she is now can't work within the confines of a setting where she has to compromise and so prefers to freelance. so it wasn't a sacrifice on her part to the countryside but more about being happy and doing the kind of work she wants to do now. so happy ending for all.

@bebebisous33  @triplem, @Kimchi Sweet Potato

@Lmangla I liked too that HSJ decided to refuse to take the job as she came to realize that OJD meant much more to her than her dream. We shouldn't forget that she had this dream before she met OJD. Moreover, she got aware that her dream job was just an illusion. She was confronted by reality. Working for a broadcast company is not so fun, when you see what kind of people you are dealing with. But it was good that she worked for that company for a few days because she could quit without having regrets. Even having this dream job, she came to see that her life hadn't changed that much from before: she wouldn't eat properly and would be stressed all the time. She would be so under pressure that she wouldn't be not able to enjoy life as it is. If she had given up this job before working like that, this could have led to resent: blaming OJD for losing this job opportunity. Hence she was forced to find a way how combine both ways of life. She is freelance hence she can choose her own projects. 

I am still waiting for more wrap up party photos.  Saw Uee’s photos and I wish she had worn a better outfit.  Is the theme for this party black?  Uee in black and KKW in black/white :lol:

Wrap up party 

I just finished the episode. This may not have been my favourite drama but the last episode ranks amongst my top favourites. The writer actually wrote about life after the happy ending. Impressively she managed to get the characters to stay true to their personalities.

OJD and HSJ are truly adorable together.

6 hours ago, zba72 said:

i find this drama is very light with a simple story line yet heartwarming.  I truly enjoy the characters and how they grow on you.  I will miss this drama.  It has a special place in my heart together with my all time favourite Pride & Prejudice :)

Do you mean the British P&P or Korean P&P? 

Indeed MHOJD has found a very special place in my heart, all thanks to the great cast and especially our ever sweet couple OJD and HSJ. Will look forward to the next projects of KKW and Uee. 

The British P&P is my kind of thing. :D

These two are going to grow up to be heartthrobs. Ooh I like those stickers...

So adorable! Is this one of the gifts from the DC fans?

Credits to owners

1 hour ago, aloraloralora said:

Do you mean the British P&P or Korean P&P? 

British P&P !  Only the BBC production  :lol:

Those 2 boys are really cute esp the one who acted as Jin, love his cheeks.

18 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

However,  there was one thing that bothered me: the scene on the bed after the wedding ceremony. Both were so shy and argued the time about to go to bed, while in reality they were supposed to be so eager to have ... This looked so unrealistic.

*whisper* omy bebebisous33 are u speaking from experience? Er.. i mean from those kdrama experiences hee...ok juz teasing u:glasses:

Ah ok  i juz wanna leave a short comment after watching the finale. This is one of those that i have managed to watch since ep. 1 till the end hahaa.. not only for the hot couple but also for *cough* Eric Cho... hahaaa...:lol: itz really fun to see the bromance blooming:wub:

UFL0fft.jpg

Oh..he is still smitten by her ya?:blink:

QSypogl.jpg

Ok chill.. sooo happy for the ending coz  i like weddings in kdramas.:grimace:

congratulations to our hot couple!

ibfUJjq.jpg

Happy rewatching *wink*!

df1020c2be5850060340eb9c36651a0b.jpgUEE-Kim-Kang-Woo-2.jpg

There was so much I loved about this drama but what I loved the most and am thankful for was that the writer allowed the characters to stay true to whom they were from beginning to end.  That they gave us more than a charming wedding they gave us the future and seeing them working together happily in such a warm and loving place...

Home is where the heart is.

Where you work the land and plant your own seeds of hope and together you nurture it by pouring your love upon it daily and harvest the memories made and the happiness that is shared...

Maybe it's because I live in the country myself that I can appreciate what a more simple lifestyle is like.  I live over 30 miles from what most people would consider civilization and when our lights go out at night there are no lights to be seen.  Except for the moon and stars and I can tell you there isn't anything more peaceful or more beautiful...

Even more this drama reminded me that happiness isn't  something you find instead it's something you create.

This drama created a lot of happiness and made us dig deep and think about what love not only means but just how wonderful it feels when finding the right person...

Just because he or she may be a little different...  Who knows that difference might just be your perfect fit...

A country pumpkin might just turn out to be a prince...:wub:

"My Husband Oh Jak-doo" Kim Kang-woo's Latest Hit

2018/05/20 | 100 views | Permalink | Source

photo975512.jpg

Actor Kim Kang-woo proved his value as an actor through "My Husband Oh Jak-doo", which ended on the 19th.

Kim Kang-woo was a solid presence in each episode and the drama's strength was partially derived from his dependable work.

He made a connection with the viewers as his character embraced Han Seung-joo (UEE) and worked on the meaning of his life with her.

In the end, Oh Jak-doo made a gayageum with the tree that he had planted with his grandfather, keeping the promise he had made the man he very much respected.

Kim Kang-woo played a character who had taken on two lives, one as hair Oh Hyuk, and one as country man Oh Jak-doo. His versatile performance helped to make the drama a success.

https://www.hancinema.net/my-husband-oh-jak-doo-kim-kang-woo-s-latest-hit-118761.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Does anyone uses Kocowa.com to stream?

How is it?

Random thoughts on Her Husband Oh Jak Doo lol.

I was so glad that they didn't make it seem that joining a city life to a country life is a simple thing to do.

I'm really glad that they didn't treat SeungJoo's job as something to the thrown away without a thought when it stood in the way of her happiness with OH JakDoo.

I was happy to see Hong's the little boy settled happily in the country. 

The documentary about self-sustaining  older community will be a riot it that shot of the Grannies and the boy reliving the Grannies moment of dancing glory is any indication.

I'm glad Seung Tae grew up and the their mother mellowed.  She certainly didn't do a 180 turn around but it seems that she was going to be less of an emotional stress on SJ. 

I'm glad Eric found a friend in Jak Doo.

Realistic, but unfortunate to know that Hong is still around and corruption survive.  However I'm happy that SeungJoo found a way to practice her craft away from the majority of the corruption.

The wedding was lovely and handmade.  I love handmade weddings.

I'm sure the Korean audience totally got the relevance of the red string and wooden pendant.  I'd love a footnote on that.  I assume it has something to do with the idea of the red string of fate that join people who are meant to be together but I wish it was explicitly explained.

The simplicity of SeungJoo's wedding bouquet reminded me of the simplicity of the Duchess of Sussex's.

I thought the wedding dress was right for the occasion but I thought her first dress was more flattering.

In general I dislike kisses as "fan service" and I don't think I've ever suggested that a story needed more kisses. I always feel that physical expression of emotional connections should be used when they are required to drive the narrative, not because the fans would like it. THAT SAID I felt as if the story was impeded by what seemed to be an artificial restraint against the main character kissing. 

There were so many beats that seem to call for light lip contact and instead we got the actors backing off in ways that did not seem to reflect the characters' impulse. The moment that I remember most clearly was the hug at the alter. That just seemed, "really?"  There were also several moments when they sat together, especially in the country, that seem filled with anticipation that was never fully met because we just had the characters sitting together side by side.

It would have stuck out less if it was played as the character's hesitance, but to my eyes it read like one or more of the actors' contract stipulating how many kisses and the creatives having to be strategic about when they happened. 

SeungJoo married Jak Doo at 35, and we leave them 7 years later making her 42.  I thought it was interesting that they never spoke of having or not having children, but it seems that wasn't how they were going to define family.  I felt that was a touch of reality.

Usually I would have thought about it, and I'm never one of those viewers that think a love story must include the promise of children for the couple to become a family.  

I think it stuck out to me because the drama was clear about SeungJoo's age and the amount of time that had passed.  

It also make narrative sense for them not to casually drop in easy babies when babies (the ease and the difficulties of making them) was the driver of two of the storylines.

Anyway, I enjoyed the 24+ hours I spent with SeungJoo and JakDoo.  

I also appreciated the lack of controversy and thereby having only joy.

Archived